• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken first hour of gameplay leaked

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
tamar braxton child GIF

Apparently I'm a undercover era poster on a mission to impose extreme left ideologies on everyone. Pretty sure anyone with reading comprehension skills and smart enough to look at my post history would know better but anyway....

I thought you ignored me bluehair? 😆😆

You literally equated people hating on this game to it being because the lead is a black female!! Dont try to backpeddle now and say that isnt what you said when its in black and white above.

Youre the definition of a clown. Be open to the possibility perhaps that maybe the game is shit and that people who played the demo determined that very thing because you know....they actually played it.

Last edited:
The character is too chatty?!!!! What a fucking crime. Excuse me video game for having a character with personality?! How could that be.
It’s not a custom character game. You play as her. A new fish out of water character.
Not sure about you but Inwould be saying things just as her if I was dragged into magic out of New York lol.

We don’t see story and character development in the demo.
Having some personality is what gaming needs. Everything is so safe and aged nowadays. Maybe that’s because I am only 33 and not 60. You all sound 60 :p
You need to shove a Xanax down your throat. People are allowed to have their legitimate gripes with this very non-perfect game.

ZoyosJD

It's always interesting to observe how much of the opposite direction compared to Resetera this place is going.. People here just vomit their every thought without thinking twice and most of the time not for the better. A little self-moderation/reflexion goes a long way. Use your brains.. at least once a week.

Was just banned from there for pointing out that it's a conflict of interest that devs formerly working for SE were astroturfing those threads over there and that their opinions reflect on the quality of work someone would expect of them. Sad to see this place is still a pile of depravity not worth contributing to either.

Suck to hear the dude was apparently getting death threats over his work on FFXV, but no surprise. I've seen them just for being critical of games. I just never had that problem with these forum communities, nor taken it seriously.

Absurd that people can't even engage in a level headed critical debate about a game without fearing for their lives. Also weird to see them blindly defending the mega corporation that ate their paycheck raising prices and trying to control the narrative they will never see the profit from.

I really don't understand people anywhere and I've probably said my piece where it will be seen. Just thought I'd say the pendulum always swings too far so long as you are choosing to hang from one side or the other.

Peak dialogue here. Hope it wins Best Writing 2023 at VGA...

My opinion on this: The dialogue isn't bad or good.

What I can't understand though are the bad animations/facial expression. Thats cringe as fuck.

Upon looking at it a second time, its especially her mouth movements. Its freaking me out.

Last edited:

geary

I don’t see a problem.
Sorry the character have personality and is not very serious… in a game about magic ass magic?!

What I can't understand though are the bad animations/facial expression. Thats cringe as fuck.

Upon looking at it a second time, its especially her mouth movements. Its freaking me out.
If you dont see a problem with this type of writing i dont know what to tell you. This is peak autism in writing and next time you see a game with a writing so "progressive" you should complain about it.

If you dont see a problem with this type of writing i dont know what to tell you. This is peak autism in writing and next time you see a game with a writing so "progressive" you should complain about it.
Nothing in this short dialogue was "progressive".
Its a normal human beeing from our time beeing pulled into another world.

I would freak out in a similar way.

I am sorry that you can't relate to that though.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Maybe that's the problem that it's a 80€ game and that writing is not good or bad so far just plain

giphy.gif

This seems like a story driven game so there might be lots of it and I hope other parts of the game can make up enough for it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
And I do t know what to tell you if you think there is a problem.
The dialogue is quite natural and young. Oh shit bro there are dragons and I have this sick powers is exactly how people talk.
Not everything is Nolan cinema.

samoilaaa

i just watched the last boss fight , my god first of all can this bitch stfu ? and whats with the fucking use of the fucking word "fuck" every fucking minute , i mean what the FUCK

it shows that they hired the writes from forbidden west

Nvzman

I don’t see a problem.
Sorry the character have personality and is not very serious… in a game about magic ass magic?!
Dude, the character is being quippy snarky arrogant prick #4565. Sounds almost identical to the absolutely dogshit writing you'd see in Marvel movies. Having the same generic "personality" is not a good thing.
Similarly, I hate this absolutely horrific trend in both modern movies and games to have foul language this frequently. It just sounds genuinely immature. There's ways of writing it intelligently, but dear lord these writers are horrible at their job.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dude, the character is being quippy snarky arrogant prick #4565. Sounds almost identical to the absolutely dogshit writing you'd see in Marvel movies. Having the same generic "personality" is not a good thing.
Similarly, I hate this absolutely horrific trend in both modern movies and games to have foul language this frequently. It just sounds genuinely immature. There's ways of writing it intelligently, but dear lord these writers are horrible at their job.
I will take the quippy chit chatty character over yet another "Well written" stoic character that talks sloooowly.
It's just like ff7 remake for me. Sure, it's cringe. But at least it might have a chance to be kinda alive and fresh you know?

I don't know where you are getting all the similar characters from? Maybe far cry and rage 2? I've not played these

I looked at the footage and I'm MORE excited about the game. God I love having a different opinion. The dialogue is whatever. At least it won't be a borefest and there will be talk taking place. I don't object to what's being said by the characters. The dynamic works. Combat and Traversal continues to look great.

Another thing I love about the game is the character as she is gaining these insane abilities is basically having EXACTLY the human and "holy shit" reaction that you would want and expect. This game is different. It won't be for everyone. That's completely fine, but it will have my support. I also want to support the black lead actress. As another poster said, we have claimed her. There is no debate. :)

Final boss fight got leaked (obvious spoilers)

Holy shit, this looks good. I see why resolution gets so low. I can't believe I watched it, but couldn't help myself lol.

Based on what I see the dialogue actually has its moments. I'm not mad at this. That was very reassuring.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
I will take the quippy chit chatty character over yet another "Well written" stoic character that talks sloooowly.
It's just like ff7 remake for me. Sure, it's cringe. But at least it might have a chance to be kinda alive and fresh you know?

I don't know where you are getting all the similar characters from? Maybe far cry and rage 2? I've not played these
I wish we had the old BioWare back. They overall had decent dialogue.

ByWatterson

"What if we took Aloy and removed her stoicism, quiet determination, and confidence, and replace it with teenage emotions, nonstop trash-talk, and distilled arrogance?"

THE GAME

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
"What if we took Aloy and removed her stoicism, quiet determination, and confidence, and replace it with teenage emotions, nonstop trash-talk, and distilled arrogance?"

THE GAME
Oh god I hope so.
Aloy is the most boring, annoying, stoic for no reason character ever. No emotions ever.
Played FF7 remake last year and it was so refreshing with all the stupid talking characters. Really felt fresh and.. alive?

GymWolf

Gold Member
This doesnt look half bad.

The main issue is that this game is ridiculously priced, even on PC!
Yeah it's a tought pillow to swollow for 80 euros.

I just gave back tlou remaster to the gs (plus some credit i had in the account) and only payed 35 euros.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yeah it's a tought pillow to swollow for 80 euros.

I just gave back tlou remaster to the gs (plus some credit i had in the account) and only payed 35 euros.

Seriously. I just bought Hogwarts Legacy for 2400INR (with 19% discount on greenmangaming, original price 2999). This game is 4799 here! Like 60% more!

I think some of it has to do with media having such an overproportioned number of Black people in it, where's all the Natives, East Indians, Asians and Latinos? In the US, Black people are 13%, and in Canada the demographic split drops to 4%. That's not a lot of people. Yet it sure seems like you get a lot more Black people in media than probably all of the groups I listed above combined when it comes to games, tv shows, tv commercials etc. Why is that?

Edit: So due to a mod warning, I have to make clear that I'm just having a conversation. I'm not calling anybody racist, but things can get a little ridiculous. So with that out of the way, I'll just send this post I already had typed up. Hopefully I'm not banned for it as I think I'm being pretty reasonable.

That's the whitest thing I've ever seen anybody say. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_grinning_sweat:

On a serious note, you might want to expand what you're watching bro. Other groups are highly represented across all categories you highlighted.

White people, for example, are all over TV, Movies, news, commercials etc. They're everywhere. That's just the quick answer to the over-proportioned number of black people stuff.

I think what you're observing is that, for you, and probably for a lot of other people as well, black people just stand out more for some reason. Why is that? I just think black people have a way of making sure you remember who the hell we are and what we do. That tends to attract a lot of eyes and I guess money. Black culture is highly influential all over the world, but just because that's the case doesn't mean it's the ONLY culture that's out there being represented. Far from it. Think long and hard about all the hugely famous white actors and actresses out there. There is far from an over-representation of black people.

But to dig a little deeper, there is one major difference nowadays compared to the old days. More black people are in positions of influence and power in Hollywood and in major television and streaming networks. We are still vastly outnumbered by white people, but it can be accurately said that black people definitely have a seat at the table and are making our presence felt. All of that work might not get the same degree of recognition come awards season, but it is what it is. Another thing is black people in general are producing and running more shows than we ever did targeting our own demographic or all demographics. We have more executive producer positions, more lead writer positions, more director positions than we have had at any other time. Many now have their own production companies. Just think of some names. Ryan Coogler, Tyler Perry, Jordan Peele, Spike Lee, John Singleton. Hell, think about some of the famous black actors/actresses. Samuel L. Jackson, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Angela Bassett, Michael B. Jordan Wesley Snipes, Denzel Washington, Danny Glover, Laurence Fishburne, James Earl Jones, Cuba Gooding Jr. Forest Whitaker, Sidney Poitier, Morgan Freeman, Taraji P. Henson, Viola Davis, Halley Barry, The Rock (who also identifies as samoan) Regina King, Kerry Washington, Octavia Spencer, Djimon Hounsou (played alongside Russell Crowe in Gladiator and Leonardo Dicaprio in Blood Diamond) etc.

Look at hit movies like Hangover. Ken Jeong damn near stole that movie because he was so fantastic. A largely white cast who did a fantastic job, especially Zach Galifianakis. But then you had Mike Tyson, who is no actor, but he's sure famous as fuck and infamous from his boxing days, so his appearance drew all kinds of insane attention and excitement from audiences. That's the thing about a lot of black celebrities, especially ones that excel in some kind of sport. The crossover potential is extremely high because they often want to be seen by a lot of people just because of their fame elsewhere. Would OJ have ever been in the Naked Gun series of movies if he wasn't so famous? Take Usain Bolt. He's known around the entire world even if you don't care about track and field. Look at what Michael Jordan did with Space Jam. It's easy for rappers like 50 cent to attract attention in hollywood, or for individuals like Shaq and many others. I'm not surprised shows are attracted to Ice T. He was in New Jack City and was a famous ass rapper. Ice Cube. Eminem (yes, the black delegation claimed him years ago :messenger_tears_of_joy:) did 8 mile.

And then as it relates to Asians, Latinos, East Indians, Native Americans, there are many of those groups across television, movies, and other things as well who are extremely famous if I dig for them. But naturally since I grew up with the likes of Martin Lawrence, Bill Cosby, Danny Glover, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor etc, it's only natural that I can ring out the black stars that defined my younger years growing up.

Separately, it isn't our fault that black people are so awesome and enrich everybody's lives. You're welcome. But for real. There are famous ass white, black, asian, latino stars ALL over hollywood and TV. John Leguizamo, Antonio Banderas is a tremendous favorite of mine. Andy Garcia, Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, Danny Trejo! George Lopez, Rosario Dawson, Eva Longoria, Zoe Saldana. If we think about all the celebrities out there, trust and believe every culture is heavily, heavily represented. It's just that many black comedians and sports stars tend to be all over in ads, endorsements and other things of that nature. But TV, movies, commercials etc are very well evenly represented.

Oh god I hope so.
Aloy is the most boring, annoying, stoic for no reason character ever. No emotions ever.
Played FF7 remake last year and it was so refreshing with all the stupid talking characters. Really felt fresh and.. alive?
I really don't understand all the hate those games get because of the dialogue, about Aloy in HZD shows a lot of personallity and I really like her character, I haven't completed HFW but she really isn't annoying in there at least in the first 10 hours.

VN1X

Banned

Found the Saints Row 2022 enjoyer here. :messenger_grimmacing_

It's just like ff7 remake for me. Sure, it's cringe.But at least it might have a chance to be kinda alive and fresh you know?

I can assure you FF7 Remake has far better writing than this nonsense.

I can assure you FF7 Remake has far better writing than this nonsense.

I will say this. I've seen parts of this game where her acting is significantly better. But what hurts her is that it doesn't have the production and animation quality that we might see in a game like The Last of Us Part 1, Last of Us Part 2 or even what we might see in another game that does it better.

But there are scenes where I REALLY thought it worked. It seems to work best in the more important scenes by the looks of it.

Edit: So due to a mod warning, I have to make clear that I'm just having a conversation. I'm not calling anybody racist, but things can get a little ridiculous. So with that out of the way, I'll just send this post I already had typed up. Hopefully I'm not banned for it as I think I'm being pretty reasonable.

That's the whitest thing I've ever seen anybody say. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_grinning_sweat:

On a serious note, you might want to expand what you're watching bro. Other groups are highly represented across all categories you highlighted.

White people, for example, are all over TV, Movies, news, commercials etc. They're everywhere. That's just the quick answer to the over-proportioned number of black people stuff.

I think what you're observing is that, for you, and probably for a lot of other people as well, black people just stand out more for some reason. Why is that? I just think black people have a way of making sure you remember who the hell we are and what we do. That tends to attract a lot of eyes and I guess money. Black culture is highly influential all over the world, but just because that's the case doesn't mean it's the ONLY culture that's out there being represented. Far from it. Think long and hard about all the hugely famous white actors and actresses out there. There is far from an over-representation of black people.

But to dig a little deeper, there is one major difference nowadays compared to the old days. More black people are in positions of influence and power in Hollywood and in major television and streaming networks. We are still vastly outnumbered by white people, but it can be accurately said that black people definitely have a seat at the table and are making our presence felt. All of that work might not get the same degree of recognition come awards season, but it is what it is. Another thing is black people in general are producing and running more shows than we ever did targeting our own demographic or all demographics. We have more executive producer positions, more lead writer positions, more director positions than we have had at any other time. Many now have their own production companies. Just think of some names. Ryan Coogler, Tyler Perry, Jordan Peele, Spike Lee, John Singleton. Hell, think about some of the famous black actors/actresses. Samuel L. Jackson, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Angela Bassett, Michael B. Jordan Wesley Snipes, Denzel Washington, Danny Glover, Laurence Fishburne, James Earl Jones, Cuba Gooding Jr. Forest Whitaker, Sidney Poitier, Morgan Freeman, Taraji P. Henson, Viola Davis, Halley Barry, The Rock (who also identifies as samoan) Regina King, Kerry Washington, Octavia Spencer, Djimon Hounsou (played alongside Russell Crowe in Gladiator and Leonardo Dicaprio in Blood Diamond) etc.

Look at hit movies like Hangover. Ken Jeong damn near stole that movie because he was so fantastic. A largely white cast who did a fantastic job, especially Zach Galifianakis. But then you had Mike Tyson, who is no actor, but he's sure famous as fuck and infamous from his boxing days, so his appearance drew all kinds of insane attention and excitement from audiences. That's the thing about a lot of black celebrities, especially ones that excel in some kind of sport. The crossover potential is extremely high because they often want to be seen by a lot of people just because of their fame elsewhere. Would OJ have ever been in the Naked Gun series of movies if he wasn't so famous? Take Usain Bolt. He's known around the entire world even if you don't care about track and field. Look at what Michael Jordan did with Space Jam. It's easy for rappers like 50 cent to attract attention in hollywood, or for individuals like Shaq and many others. I'm not surprised shows are attracted to Ice T. He was in New Jack City and was a famous ass rapper. Ice Cube. Eminem (yes, the black delegation claimed him years ago :messenger_tears_of_joy:) did 8 mile.

And then as it relates to Asians, Latinos, East Indians, Native Americans, there are many of those groups across television, movies, and other things as well who are extremely famous if I dig for them. But naturally since I grew up with the likes of Martin Lawrence, Bill Cosby, Danny Glover, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor etc, it's only natural that I can ring out the black stars that defined my younger years growing up.

Separately, it isn't our fault that black people are so awesome and enrich everybody's lives. You're welcome. But for real. There are famous ass white, black, asian, latino stars ALL over hollywood and TV. John Leguizamo, Antonio Banderas is a tremendous favorite of mine. Andy Garcia, Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, Danny Trejo! George Lopez, Rosario Dawson, Eva Longoria, Zoe Saldana. If we think about all the celebrities out there, trust and believe every culture is heavily, heavily represented. It's just that many black comedians and sports stars tend to be all over in ads, endorsements and other things of that nature. But TV, movies, commercials etc are very well evenly represented.
I disagree with you on a lot of things.

But I have to wholeheartedly agree with everything in this post.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I thought you ignored me bluehair? 😆😆

You literally equated people hating on this game to it being because the lead is a black female!! Dont try to backpeddle now and say that isnt what you said when its in black and white above.

Youre the definition of a clown. Be open to the possibility perhaps that maybe the game is shit and that people who played the demo determined that very thing because you know....they actually played it.
Honest question, perhaps I'm out of the loop. Why are you calling him bluehair? what is the significance of it? not rhetorical I really don't know.

On topic, the hate for this game is pretty odd but it's not like we've seen it before. I did some light defending of this game until SE put out the demo and I played it. At that moment I said I no longer had any interest in the game. The game is middling at best but not because of any Woke or anything else the game is just not very good. Dead stop.

Edited to add:
The dialogue is horrible, by adult standards. It doesn't matter if it appeals to you or not it is definitely badly written. It is equally annoying to most adults when people actually speak in this manner in real life as well. Dialogue does not need to be stoic or overly complex, it should be expressive, relatable, and differentiate each character as being an individual.

Last edited:
Top Bottom