• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramac

Anyone wanna avatarize this for me?

vYbtF.png

Clipper

Please go hog wild. Something to reflect my username, anything.

John Travolta's SNF opening strut perhaps?
Heads up: very few pure requests like this end up getting results. You'll get a much better solution if you search Google images for an image you like, post a link to that image here and say what part of the image you'd like us to use to make your avatar.

Youtube is also a valid source for a source link, if you tell us the time in the video you want your frame to come from (or describe the frame).

th_GeassMask.png

Could I have this resized please, without the name in the corner? I tried to reduce it down the best I could, but I could only get down to 97x129.

Toppot

http://th271.photobucket.com/albums/jj155/Waylonzzz/th_GeassMask.png[IMG]

Could I have this resized please, without the name in the corner? I tried to reduce it down the best I could, but I could only get down to 97x129.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VeLhf.png
pmaoo.png
KYvAB.png
1p6Y0.png

Izick

For anybody creative in Gaf:

Does anyone want to make me an avatar, no holds barred? Just something that looks cool? As much as I enjoy mine, I want something a little more permanent like.

Toppot

What's the easy method to do the border in Gimp?

I don't use Gimp so sadly I don't know, but I guess what Bloodrage/Clipper posted would work.

I tried using my technique in GIMP but it doesn't work the same as Photoshop.

In Photoshop I create a solid colour layer bigger than the avatar size, cut out the size of the avatar from the middle of it (Usually just a Magic Wand selection to select the size as the canvas/avatar size), then apply a 1 pixel stroke to that layer, which then gives a stroke to the hole I have made in the layer, but because the canvas is only the size of the avatar you only see the stroke. (Easier than I make it sound xD)

The 'technique'
http://i.imgur.com/bxDZT.png

What you actually get
http://i.imgur.com/kkyRK.png

It might be possible to do my technique in Gimp but I'll leave that for you and those versed in Gimp to decide.

EDIT:
407945_10150566817559485_82713049484_8790701_1831006569_n.jpg

Please and thank you.
o5R1I.png
JLIRH.png
lrKUm.png
RfHfz.png
sGjWM.png
sQBvv.png

Toppot

Hey Toppot, did you make your own avatar?
Technically... yes

The design itself is taken from the Scott Pilgrim game, its Ramona as she shows on the world map. But there are no good quality images of it and she is too small on the map, so I recreated her (and everyone else on the game) in Illustrator as vectors so I could have them as big as I wanted. I also animated them like they are on the map.

kwNyR.gif

Then messed around to make ones in the same style
etyDX.gif

I was so sad that animated avatars were removed before my account was accepted, Ramona shall forever be frozen in time =[

Hmm. I didn't spot that!

Thank you! Time to open up Illustrator.
No problem =]

Izick

Technically... yes

The design itself is taken from the Scott Pilgrim game, its Ramona as she shows on the world map. But there are no good quality images of it and she is too small on the map, so I recreated her (and everyone else on the game) in Illustrator as vectors so I could have them as big as I wanted. I also animated them like they are on the map.

kwNyR.gif

Then messed around to make ones in the same style
etyDX.gif

I was so sad that animated avatars were removed before my account was accepted, Ramona shall forever be frozen in time =[

No problem =]

Wow I love those. Great work!

Koodo

Banned
AYUDA!

Can someone fit Adeli into the Varia Suit?

Suit:

98Gor.png

ADELE:

R2VYS.png

For added inspiration, here's the former Metroid themed avatar I was wearing (a lovely person in this thread made it for me) -

XWJB1.png

Clipper

What's the easy method to do the border in Gimp?

For the exterior borders, it's a lot easier to do the following than my other method that you were linked to (and MUCH less complicated than Toppot's approach):

1: Select...Select All (or Ctrl-A)
2: Select...Border (1 pixel)
3: Edit... Fill with FG color (make sure FG colour is selected correctly first) (Ctrl-comma is already a shortcut here)

That's it. You don't have the growth issue that you do with doing the outline type things. I'm considering putting it into a macro.

Toppot

For the exterior borders, it's a lot easier to do the following than my other method that you were linked to (and MUCH less complicated than Toppot's approach):

1: Select...Select All (or Ctrl-A)
2: Select...Border (1 pixel)
3: Edit... Fill with FG color (make sure FG colour is selected correctly first) (Ctrl-comma is already a shortcut here)

That's it. You don't have the growth issue that you do with doing the outline type things. I'm considering putting it into a macro.
That is much simpler in Gimp. Good one =]

Troll

Banned
If any one could pleas make my an avatar of Morpheus from the comic book sandman, I wont be picky as long as its him being all bad ass. It could be his head or his whole body. Thanks guys in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom