• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the exterior borders, it's a lot easier to do the following than my other method that you were linked to (and MUCH less complicated than Toppot's approach):

1: Select...Select All (or Ctrl-A)
2: Select...Border (1 pixel)
3: Edit... Fill with FG color (make sure FG colour is selected correctly first) (Ctrl-comma is already a shortcut here)

That's it. You don't have the growth issue that you do with doing the outline type things. I'm considering putting it into a macro.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it look like the top and left borders are thicker than the others or is my shitty monitor just really shitty? I'm using Troll's avatar as a test image ...

L8eUa.png

EDIT: This method is great btw. Much easier.

EDIT 2: It must've been some weird visual glitch w/ my monitor cause now it looks pretty even all around.

I'm not very good at making text disappear but here it is ...

Z8tyt.png

Who is this btw? I know the pic file says female shepard but is this an official character in the game? I thought female shepard was just something you could make in the character creator?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm not very good at making text disappear but here it is ...

Z8tyt.png

Who is this btw? I know the pic file says female shepard but is this an official character in the game? I thought female shepard was just something you could make in the character creator?

Thanks, but i would have liked a i don't know maybe a more zoomed-in version or so. It's a bit too blurry. Maybe someone else can take on it, but anyway thanks Maklershed for taking your time.

Yes, this is the default version of female shepard. You can customize it if you want.

standard male and female shepard
tumblr_lq1pmbwr391qmc0uqo1_500.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Amazing Toppot! Thank you very much.

Hm... ok this is hard to choose from. I like them all :D

Foothills

Banned
I have a photoshop request unrelated to avatars that I'm willing to make worth someone's while with a few bucks. Just a quick and dirty head replacement on a picture :) If you're interested please pm me.

urban-meyer-buckeye.jpg

Can someone please do me a huge favor and make this into an avatar? Any cool design associated would be welcomed. Just avatar size would do as well, much appreciated!

Toppot

http://tyrannyoftradition.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/urban-meyer-buckeye.jpg[IMG]

Can someone please do me a huge favor and make this into an avatar? Any cool design associated would be welcomed. Just avatar size would do as well, much appreciated![/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3o7X6.png
221Q3.png

Not my usual smorgasbord of designs but only those 2 ways I saw it going =P
Also proud I spelt smorgasbord right first time xD

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Could someone crop these for me? Thanks a million

PQOWY.jpg

0NV7r.png

I realize the second image might be too small, if not don't worry about it.

TheOddOne

So I kind of have a difficult request, but I hope it can be done :p

Cartelsanvioramadefinitivo-1.jpg

Is it possible to cut out the captain, with the rock, the pipe smoke/water. Plus cut out the blue from behind to make it transparant. Huge thanks!

Canuck76

Banned
Hey could i get a cut out of my current Avatars head with a red border around it? Maybe resized to make it a little larger? Thanks a lot.

Clipper

Hey could i get a cut out of my current Avatars head with a red border around it? Maybe resized to make it a little larger? Thanks a lot.

I still need to work out how to smooth the outlines a little more when doing this, but try this for now:

redhead.png

And you should never make something slightly bigger, it'll look horribly pixellated due to the scaling.

Edit: Oops, double post, was going to copy and paste into my other one, but forgot and hit Submit instead. Oh well, probably best to leave it this way now.

Edit 2: Figured out a better method for GIMP:

redhead2.png

Edit 3: My new GIMP method for those interested is as follows:

Cropping the head:
1: Get your selection of the head (I usually use Scissors Select Tool, but the lasso and colour selection ones are better sometimes)
2: Select...Invert
3: Layer...Transparency...Add Alpha Channel
4: Delete
5: Scale image so it'll fit for the avatar (leaving room for outline)

Adding the outline:
1: Image...Canvas Size to increase canvas size, centering original content (usually the outline will grow out of the border otherwise
2: Fuzzy Select with 255 threshold and don't select transparency to reselect the head (or it might still be selected and thsi step can be skipped)
3: Layer...New Layer (Transparent and image sized)
4: Go to the layer dialog and drag the new layer underneath the original one
5: Select the paintbrush tool and set the brush type to Fuzzy Circle 11 (or experiment)
6: Set foreground colour as desired
7: Select...Selection Editor
8: Use the last icon in the new window to paint with Paintbrush Tool without brush dynamics (once you have done this once, you can just shift-click the icon in future).
9: Image...Canvas Size to decrease the size back to avatar dimensions

The fuzzy circle gives the smoothing effect rather than the hard pixels on the outline, giving it a much less jagged glow than the other GIMP methods we've come up with so far.

Toppot

Someone please make me an avatar of this Whitney pic with a transparent background.

http://i.imgur.com/NbFXW.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Your current one san background

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/819aJ.png

Can someone please avatarize this pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/Kanye_West_-_Power.png/220px-Kanye_West_-_Power.png[IMG]

Please and thank you![/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RYR9d.png
ZYxRY.png
Db6KZ.png
Q6IFr.png

w4AUO.png
efpn2.png
cEA5o.png
LLQWd.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm looking for a hero that could take this :

42973407d7jsl.jpg

and take the circular part of the image and make a pin button to put on my current avatar bottom right corner!

Thanks in advance

Canuck76

Banned
Gaa, you guys are turrible at making floating head avatars. I made an extra since it's not immediately clear who the picture is.

yoW3o.png
3LYnl.png
WzdmR.png

I still need to work out how to smooth the outlines a little more when doing this, but try this for now:

redhead.png

And you should never make something slightly bigger, it'll look horribly pixellated due to the scaling.

Edit: Oops, double post, was going to copy and paste into my other one, but forgot and hit Submit instead. Oh well, probably best to leave it this way now.

Edit 2: Figured out a better method for GIMP:

redhead2.png

Edit 3: My new GIMP method for those interested is as follows:

Cropping the head:
1: Get your selection of the head (I usually use Scissors Select Tool, but the lasso and colour selection ones are better sometimes)
2: Select...Invert
3: Layer...Transparency...Add Alpha Channel
4: Delete
5: Scale image so it'll fit for the avatar (leaving room for outline)

Adding the outline:
1: Image...Canvas Size to increase canvas size, centering original content (usually the outline will grow out of the border otherwise
2: Fuzzy Select with 255 threshold and don't select transparency to reselect the head (or it might still be selected and thsi step can be skipped)
3: Layer...New Layer (Transparent and image sized)
4: Go to the layer dialog and drag the new layer underneath the original one
5: Select the paintbrush tool and set the brush type to Fuzzy Circle 11 (or experiment)
6: Set foreground colour as desired
7: Select...Selection Editor
8: Use the last icon in the new window to paint with Paintbrush Tool without brush dynamics (once you have done this once, you can just shift-click the icon in future).
9: Image...Canvas Size to decrease the size back to avatar dimensions

The fuzzy circle gives the smoothing effect rather than the hard pixels on the outline, giving it a much less jagged glow than the other GIMP methods we've come up with so far.

Oh wow dudes thank you so much, all of them look awesome, I'm going to have a hard time deciding between these. Is there anything i could do for you guys? I don't have any money but i feel like i should do something for y'all.

GreenBayCrusher

Neo Member
Looking for an avatar of Soul Rever from Blood Omen 2, or Tyreal from Diablo 2. Will try to post some pics in a few if I can get to my cpu at home and off the touchpad.

GreenBayCrusher

Neo Member
images

Maybe closer in to the main image...

or this one the same way:

images

I dunno. I was looking at also doing a Khajit in dragon armor but cannot find on online anywhere. What do you guys think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom