• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

Can anyone make me anything nice out of this?

I tried 120X100 and 100X120 and it looks horrible the way I am doing it.

Thats because the image is being squashed to fit into 100x120 rather than cut down and/or shrunk down to fit.

0oaLk.png
qJcyj.png
OxmFw.png
9IvXu.png
rRf1U.png
22Yax.png

Riggs

Banned
Thats because the image is being squashed to fit into 100x120 rather than cut down and/or shrunk down to fit.

0oaLk.png
qJcyj.png
OxmFw.png
9IvXu.png
rRf1U.png
22Yax.png

Man you guys are amazing. Can you tell me how you did that? Just zoomed in so it would look better then make proper size? You are a god.

Not sure if it's ok to ask advice on such things or if this is just for requests only. Sorry if so I don't want to shit thread up! Just want to learn how to do this myself some day : )

Toppot

Man you guys are amazing. Can you tell me how you did that? Just zoomed in so it would look better then make proper size? You are a god.

Not sure if it's ok to ask advice on such things or if this is just for requests only. Sorry if so I don't want to shit thread up! Just want to learn how to do this myself some day : )
Since the image is so big I effectively 'zoomed out'. Though you wouldn't use that term.

I shrunk down the image to fit into a 100 x120 box. But I shrank it down keeping the ratio, ie making sure the height was in proportion to the width.

What program/technique were you using to get that squashed the image? You can use free programs like paint.net, pixlr, gimp and others to crop images to make into avatars, just have to learn the basics.

Its cool to ask don't worry =]

Riggs

Banned
Since the image is so big I effectively 'zoomed out'. Though you wouldn't use that term.

I shrunk down the image to fit into a 100 x120 box. But I shrank it down keeping the ratio, ie making sure the height was in proportion to the width.

What program/technique were you using to get that squashed the image? You can use free programs like paint.net, pixlr, gimp and others to crop images to make into avatars, just have to learn the basics.

Its cool to ask don't worry =]

Ya I really want to learn, using paintbrush like a total noob.

Going to download those programs you listed.

Problem with me is keeping the original proportions in regards to height and width. I know how to check and see what they are originally, just need some basic tips I guess on what to do next when cropping and resizing.

Toppot

If you want a download program get paint.net, pixlr is a free online one that works in your browser. I wouldn't bother with GIMP, its more confusing.

Kazzy

Out of those, you should really have a dabble with pixlr, it's online!

It pretty much has all the necessary tools for this avatar malarkey.

EDIT: Toppot beat me to the punch!

Riggs

Banned
Yeah I am using Paint.net and it just looks all stretched out at 100X120. Toppot's looks great his head looks normal lol. Much to learn!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Do you guys think this would look better made into a transparency? I did a simple crop and image reverse on my own but it came out kind of blah since I'm using MS Paint.

4640035-1333866569_zps33f194fd.png

Anyone mind creating just the pup into solid avatar for me please? I'm not too creative so whatever you'd think would look best. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I suck at computers really bad.

h41W3.jpg

Anyone mind creating just the pup into solid avatar for me please? I'm not too creative so whatever you'd think would look best. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I suck at computers really bad.

http://i.imgur.com/h41W3.jpg

This is a cool little exercise... lots of potential for creativity.

1VyG0.jpg

You can put in a red scarf, a ninja scabbard or give the dog a ninja mask. I'll try and give you my version in a couple of hours (a bit busy at the moment) but anyone else feel free to help Ninja Beagle out.

EDIT:

Q1t6y.png
FMkvt.png
yZtJg.png

NinjaBoiX

I'm a luddite when it comes to photoshop and whatever, can someone take my avatar and put a kind of comic book border around it? I want it to look like a cell from a comic, plus, I feel it needs a border.

Anyone want to help me out? Thanks peeps!

Edit: ideally I'd like the border to not encroach on the image, I don't want to any of it cut off. I'm a fussy kind of guy!

Toppot

I'm a luddite when it comes to photoshop and whatever, can someone take my avatar and put a kind of comic book border around it? I want it to look like a cell from a comic, plus, I feel it needs a border.

Anyone want to help me out? Thanks peeps!

Edit: ideally I'd like the border to not encroach on the image, I don't want to any of it cut off. I'm a fussy kind of guy!

Non-encroaching

kA7Uy.png
4QFqk.png
kWpPM.png
N2oaV.png

Encroaching

yFi9R.png
Ce9ZN.png
6Q3IM.png
tf52r.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I really want to do a special avatar for 1 year beard growth anniversary coming November 1st

Can't find a good profile pic of Cornell, Lycan Lord (Castlevania Lords of Shadow)

Would love to have a half and half

Have his face with half of mine

Is that even possible oh great avatar creators?

I should twitter/e-mail Mercurysteam, for a profile pic >.>; (like they care, lawl)

Toppot

I really want to do a special avatar for 1 year beard growth anniversary coming November 1st

Can't find a good profile pic of Cornell, Lycan Lord (Castlevania Lords of Shadow)

Would love to have a half and half

Have his face with half of mine

Is that even possible oh great avatar creators?

I should twitter/e-mail Mercurysteam, for a profile pic >.>; (like they care, lawl)

If you can get an image of you and the character with the faces in the same pose then making a half half is easy.

Thanks toppot! I got a choice!

Edit:thanks again dude, but they're kind of blurry (I know, I'm a fussy twat), if I give you the link, could you do it again with the better quality image?

Much appreciated man!

http://cigarsandcupcakes.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/finger-suicide.jpg

I've used the bigger image, they look slightly better, its fairly negligible. Blurring will always occur to some extent when shrinking down smaller (And keeping the same ppi) The non-encroached ones I have to make the image smaller each time to get a bigger border on it and keep it 100 pixel width, so they will blur more.

Non-encroached

lblNb.png
a0My3.png
redtX.png
q5av0.png

Encroached

J4zxl.png
WWEb1.png
cIBmm.png
QpcZw.png

FillerB

[IMG ]http://i.minus.com/iQiAYvEE2WwQZ.jpg[/IMG]

Can someone flip this so it's facing the posts? Maybe show me it with a transparent background, and one just the same.

jTGIQ6qq7XGUw.png
jbmfT5l7xnE85p.png
jbatBi7dnaNlKM.png
jbsRUeHbaIdqdJ.png

First is smaller than the rest because it's just flipped and resized. Rest has a bit of the space before Hulkie's nose chopped of so it was in a "better" proportion.

I personally like the first one the best.

T Dollarz

jTGIQ6qq7XGUw.png
jbmfT5l7xnE85p.png
jbatBi7dnaNlKM.png
jbsRUeHbaIdqdJ.png

First is smaller than the rest because it's just flipped and resized. Rest has a bit of the space before Hulkie's nose chopped of so it was in a "better" proportion.

I personally like the first one the best.

I agree, tho the transparent one is tempting. Thanks brosef.

I'm back.

Welcome back, FillerB.

T6QDg.png
2EicU.png

BUhJ8.png
dtocq.png

Drago, Pac-Man's hair got a bit thin as a result of the anti-aliasing.

QX53r.png
PR5sn.png

Sielys, I tried to include the speech bubble but couldn't make it look good.

w2ymF.png
M22gL.png
ju4vf.png
yUo1n.png

No comment...

Sorry I couldn't help you Baconbitz but there are so many logos to choose that I'm not sure which to use. Maybe someone here else can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom