• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

Can anyone make me a new avatar? I want it to be similar to my current one except with less jaggies and with the Patriots logo in the background instead of the Bruins and preferably pointed in the other direction so that it looks like Lyle is looking at my post.
Thanks in advance for the help!

7cRKO.png
zT947.png
EcQW6.png

I'd go with first one. Can look kind of weird coming out of his head in the other ones, But if you want any changes or have suggestions I'm happy to give them a go =]

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can anyone make me a new avatar? I want it to be similar to my current one except with less jaggies and with the Patriots logo in the background instead of the Bruins and preferably pointed in the other direction so that it looks like Lyle is looking at my post.

Thanks in advance for the help!
itFh2.png
8wXnp.png

Tell me if you want any changes.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
^^ that's an excellent avatar even though you're a horrible person for liking the patriots

could i make a small request? i'd like this avatar'd, but if you could do two small things to it:

1) crop out everything above the player (i want to lose the big SF, most of the blimp)
2) put a thin black border around the final product (like my current avatar)

many, many regards

Stokoe.jpg

Toppot

Would someone make this into an avatar for me, thanks in advance.

http://i.imgur.com/JbFqm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lRXid.png
RPXXx.png
tE0h6.png
iPWTt.png

gzvzq.png
oCPup.png
z7UsW.png
OWDkM.png

I didn't think it looked very good without a background, the image to start of with is a little too low quality to cut out well, but they are here as options =]

8a4zE.png
Y5CuZ.png
1OGUR.png
suebk.png

Toppot

Related to avatars but more of an opinionated question. Should I keep this avatar or move on to a new one?

Well as a plus, it stands out. But I suspect lots of people look at it (Myself included) and think 'Must be an avatar about some joke/thread on the forum ages ago'

Depends what you want your avatar to be, do you want it to be unique, make old posters smile with memories, be highly quotable, represent you, show something you love/are a fan of, do you want to blend in and let your posts make you stand out, do you want something to match your username, excite posters with some sexy looking woman, do you even want an avatar?

Have to ask yourself what identity you want your avatar to have and then find an image to show that. You can then choose if it is an avatar you will have for ages, you might become someone that changes often, you could have a theme (Like a cartoon character) and you switch to different avatars of the same theme. Or maybe its ok to be recognised by your current avatar and you don't need to change.

Lots of things to think about if you change.

I know how to make things transparent on photoshop. I just don't understand why I'm still getting a white background instead of transparency. I tried saving a picture with a transparent background as a .png AND a .gif and I'm still getting the same result. Halp?
http://imgur.com/zFfYM
This shows up as transparent on imgur but not here. Ahhh.

Edit: I got it. :D! It was the incorrect dimensions that were making the background white.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Could someone avatarize / make this transparent? I'm trying to do it but I can't seem to get it

EHhEn.png

Toppot

Could someone avatarize / make this transparent? I'm trying to do it but I can't seem to get it

EHhEn.png

I'm gonna take a wild guess you are uploading an image that is transparent to GAF, but it is too big. Causing it to be resized and in the process get a white background? I'm not having a go =], its a quirk of the image system. If this is the case you aren't the first one =P. I may let Gromph know and see if he can tweak the system.

Here it is resized with another one with a bit cut out the top that I think was missed/forgotten.

3bIM5.png
fgps0.png

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
http://i.imgur.com/tFa3A.jpg

Can anyone work their magic on this image? I'd like to try no borders, and a simple black line border too.

Not sure how much of the image I'm trying to capture, but definitely waist up to top of head, and to catch some of the slabs on his back, and possibly the hand touching the nose as well if anyone can make it fit correctly.

Thanks for the help!
Who knows if you still need it, but here's one.

ieDz4MVL4MaVn.png

Or something that's a bit more transparent.

iwPYY7s6Gu2C1.png

Toppot

This might take a small undertaking..

But can someone take the clothing, mask & hair color style of this image & this image an apply it to my current avatar?

ujn76.png
ry7GS.png

I felt it was easier to just copy the whole body over onto the background, there's not much identifiable once you have changed the hair, covered the face and changed the bikini =P

If you would like someone to actually take over all the elements over then maybe someone else will oblige =]

TripOpt55

Hmmm... anyone want to try and make me an avatar of the girl's face/head in the middle of this poster. Try and include her hair, but none of the words that surround it. I'd appreciate it. I think I might be ready for a new Olive avatar.

ibikErqsw0XFt.jpg

Toppot

Hmmm... anyone want to try and make me an avatar of the girl's face/head in the middle of this poster. Try and include her hair, but none of the words that surround it. I'd appreciate it. I think I might be ready for a new Olive avatar.

http://i.minus.com/ibikErqsw0XFt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nqkby.png
kipuj.png

S7MyT.png
kUmPh.png

PXF2O.png
xIkcY.png

SuyqA.png
UTLDk.png
lQPUk.png

ujn76.png
ry7GS.png

I felt it was easier to just copy the whole body over onto the background, there's not much identifiable once you have changed the hair, covered the face and changed the bikini =P

If you would like someone to actually take over all the elements over then maybe someone else will oblige =]

No, it was a nice try but I was looking more of like a masking layer for the watermelon tankini and to simply make the hair red with the mask shopped in.. or handcrafted..

thanks anyway.

Toppot

If anyone can add a black border around my avatar along with the "R" logo around the bottom left, I would greatly appreciate it.
The logo doesn't really look good when shrunk down =/

4jKkx.png
KkGFo.png
1m1Vc.png
E5kn6.png
A1SRm.png

jWExJ.png
0aCfa.png
U4Cdj.png
ZEmaa.png
qW8lz.png

If there is something else you would like me to try let me know =]

(First image is just a black border on your avatar with no logo)

Jitters

In gimp, I add the alpha channel and erase the background so I end up with what I want to save ,but when I save it, it puts it in front of a white background. I'm trying to make my Halloween avatar ,but this is frustrating me. If one of you guys could help out.

Jitters

Hah, I just figured it out! Thanks though. I think I was saving it as a jpeg.

EDIT- Yep, that was it. I didn't know jpegs couldn't display transparency.

Can someone try and isolate Ash for me in the picture below? I'd like to get his shotgun and chainsaw in the pic at the least. I know it is a bit long though. If it's too hard to isolate him just a simple crop will do.

ash-army-of-darkness.jpg

Fjordson

I'm looking for some advice from all you avatar making pros on here. I'm a total dunce when it comes to photo editing, even basic shit like making avatars.

Been editing a few avatars just for kicks. Do these look fine as far as image quality and whatnot despite only using paint.net?

source photo one

source photo two

(I know, this is a dumb thing to worry about it, but I'm trying to get this right, lol)

I'm looking for some advice from all you avatar making pros on here. I'm a total dunce when it comes to photo editing, even basic shit like making avatars.

Been editing a few avatars just for kicks. Do these look fine as far as image quality and whatnot despite only using paint.net?

source photo one

source photo two

(I know, this is a dumb thing to worry about it, but I'm trying to get this right, lol)

They look fine to me as far as image quality goes but I'm no expert. You have a great source image so it's not a problem. Some sources that show up here are pretty bad quality but when you scaled them to 100 x 120 you will lose a lot of the details so it sort of balances out.

I tend to focus more on the how to frame the avatar, what details to include and which to leave out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

source photo one

source photo two

If you're using paint.net it's better to find a source photo somewhat close to the size you want. If you begin with a very large source, the software will chew it up when you size it down, and you'll end up with something jaggy looking.

Yours seems fine though. You can resize in the program, sometimes quite a bit without ill effect, but the bigger, nicer images tend to look shittier when you shrink them.

Moral of story: Paint.net sucks but it's better than MS Paint, so... I guess there's that.

Toppot

Can someone try and isolate Ash for me in the picture below? I'd like to get his shotgun and chainsaw in the pic at the least. I know it is a bit long though. If it's too hard to isolate him just a simple crop will do.

5h5w0.png
yQED2.png
AdPmP.png
1absL.png
9CGqc.png

UA4Cf.png
gjU5d.png
R3Vaw.png
vdGvD.png
WuoXx.png

source photo one

source photo two

They look fine quality wise. I'd maybe of zoomed out a bit more and added a small 1 pixel black border round the outside. but thats just preference. Using big Images is very helpful when editing and cutting out backgrounds. And its just good all round as you can just size them down anyway. They will pixelate but the image wont lose quality to its scale. Only if you size it down then scale it back up will you get what the everyday person calls pixelation.

Simple request, but can someone remove the white out of the left side of my avatar?

e2BCb.png

Riggs

Banned
fYUXE.png

Can anyone make me anything nice out of this?

I tried 120X100 and 100X120 and it looks horrible the way I am doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom