• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

Thanks, I was using backspace instead of delete. But I still don't know why it comes out so jaggy-looking.

fQH5F.png

No problem. Probably just a bi-product of using paint.net. The image looks like it is more detailed than your original avatar of it aswell, like you used a bigger image as a base.

The problem seems to be bad antialiasing. If you are using magic wand it will be a bit rough in paint.net. If you cut out the background using the eraser tool it has antialiasing so it will look a bit better. (On it to the right of Brush size, when using the eraser, is a button, 3 points with a curve between them means it is on, 3 points with striaght lines between them means it is off)

Though someone that knows paint.net better may be able to give you better advise.

FillerB

No problem. Probably just a bi-product of using paint.net. The image looks like it is more detailed than your original avatar of it aswell, like you used a bigger image as a base.

The problem seems to be bad antialiasing. If you are using magic wand it will be a bit rough in paint.net. If you cut out the background using the eraser tool it has antialiasing so it will look a bit better. (On it to the right of Brush size, when using the eraser, is a button, 3 points with a curve between them means it is on, 3 points with striaght lines between them means it is off)

Though someone that knows paint.net better may be able to give you better advise.

Looks to me like it was resized from a bigger image with the "nearest neighbour" option which causes the jaggies on both the out and inside. Also try plug-in pack for Paint.NET. Has an excellent anti-alias function.

Looks to me like it was resized from a bigger image with the "nearest neighbour" option which causes the jaggies on both the out and inside. Also try plug-in pack for Paint.NET. Has an excellent anti-alias function.

I just used the Paint.NET resizing feature. Is there a better way to resize it?

I'll try that plug-in. I downloaded a few other plug-ins but none of them had any effect.

EDIT: Thanks, I didn't notice the nearest neighbor option. I got it.

If someone could avatarize this for me that would be great.NOTE: I don't know if its against the rules or what not, just let me know. Thx.
A7STHnoCcAAWXHP.jpg:large

tumblr_me2k9vBBJh1qbmkcfo2_500.jpg

Maybe transparent I guess....or whatever looks best.

Lancehead

If someone could avatarize this for me that would be great.NOTE: I don't know if its against the rules or what not, just let me know. Thx. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7STHnoCcAAWXHP.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2k9vBBJh1qbmkcfo2_500.jpg[IMG]

Maybe transparent I guess....or whatever looks best.[/QUOTE]

I think they should be okay, but if you have doubts run them by a mod first before using them.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibeZewlC7R2Z0A.png
iem6Xp1zJE0oV.png
iu3Ingup1XNJ2.png
ibzPWMBDMN3uIB.png

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone avatarize and make this transparent?

92lHt.jpg

Ninjaboi, I saved all of those. I'm working on something.

Lancehead

Bless your heart kind sir! And I guess ill find a mod to ask?
EDIT: Is this as large as the images can get being and avatar?

For the first one, yes, unless you want to cut some of the image. For the second image, you can add empty space on either side, but the visible part won't change.

iOFrZkxULZPiV.png
iy1qpEMgREOPD.png

Edit: I added some empty space at the top for the first image.

ibv2HoqUSOMhxE.png
iLjGsD9YHJtwt.png

Can someone avatarize and make this transparent?

http://i.imgur.com/92lHt.jpg[IMG]

Ninjaboi, I saved all of those. I'm working on something.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iFyYxq2eJtsMv.png
ibhYJWAYKnrDCY.png

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Perfect, thank you.

Actually, is there a way to make it 100x120?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Saved those avys Lance, no offense, but I can't separate myself from Louie yet. Thanks again.

Izick

I have a request for artistic Gaf!

Can anyone make an avatar with a kind of hammer and sickle look:

170px-Hammer_and_sickle.svg.png

180px-C%26C_Red_Alert_2_music_%28Hell_March_2%29.jpg

But with video game stuff? Maybe like a controller and something else...

can someone make an avatar out of this please

AD_Steve_Holt_GLAM_lores_large.jpg

just the pic of steve holt and the title please.

or just the pic of steve holt without the title, if its not to much to see both

Izick

I have a request for artistic Gaf!

Can anyone make an avatar with a kind of hammer and sickle look:

170px-Hammer_and_sickle.svg.png

180px-C%26C_Red_Alert_2_music_%28Hell_March_2%29.jpg

But with video game stuff? Maybe like a controller and something else...

Nobody can help me out on this?

can someone make an avatar out of this please

AD_Steve_Holt_GLAM_lores_large.jpg

just the pic of steve holt and the title please.

or just the pic of steve holt without the title, if its not to much to see both

How's this?

DLVKT.png

EDIT: I noticed I cut some of the ear off in the first one:

6Ll6f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom