• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancehead

Can someone please help me with this one?

i67CKI6LIrZnw.png
iSjTiLv8SAC00.png

FillerB

I want a new avatar but can't decide on a pic :( Help! Will take the first one who quotes me. Thaaaanks.

You just KNOW that someone is going to give you a My Little Pony-avatar if you make promises like that.

Someone like me. >=)

ibnCWRhIVstDJZ.png

But seriously... Take a look whether you find something suitable in here. I think about 25 to 50% of them are currently in use so you might want watch out for that.
http://fillerb.minus.com/mBOMhxMPz
http://fillerb.minus.com/mBFlesPR5Jzxn

Gintoki

ibaSA9ues9zCyD.png
ipJ0PvK6p2ebU.png
iRc5lXZC3yvWv.png
iD7gXW6E2YGrd.png

The following was made for the Far Cry 3 OT. I'm not sure who made it, but all kudos go to him/her.

Edit: Aaaaaaand late to the party.

I checked the transparent one I made and it seems its over the size limit for GAF, how do you manage to make the file size for them smaller?

These look great too. thanks!

when i upload them from my computer they look blurry :/. Do i have to upload them to a website to get a better result?

Use the one FillerB provided, seems the one I made is bigger than the size allowed

FillerB

I checked the transparent one I made and it seems its over the size limit for GAF, how do you manage to make the file size for them smaller?

Use the one FillerB provided, seems the one I made is bigger than the size allowed

I use Paint.NET instead of the ubiquitous Photoshop which doesn't, as far as I know, allow for any file-size manipulation shenanigans. Just use the ye olde Save As -> PNG method.

Lancehead

GIMP has compression level slider. I use zero compression, and in almost all the cases a 100x120 image ends up at about 48 kB.

t-ramp

I use Paint.NET instead of the ubiquitous Photoshop which doesn't, as far as I know, allow for any file-size manipulation shenanigans. Just use the ye olde Save As -> PNG method.
I think the "Save For Web & Devices" option in Photoshop lets you specify the bit-depth for .png files.

Can someone get make me an avatar of Brandt from The Big Lebowski? I'd prefer it to be one of those cut-out ones of just him, if that would be possible. Thanks!

Hey guys I know I requested an avatar last month but I really want something gaming related this time around, so I found this picture in the MGS thread and it blends my two favourite gaming franchises together.

Would someone be able to make this into an avatar size without the metal gear moogle text and artist signature, and preferably transparent background? I know it might be a bit much to ask but this is like the perfect avatar for me and I'd be really grateful. I would give it a shot myself but I'm at home for christmas and don't have photoshop on the laptop I brought back with me :(

Toppot

Hey guys I know I requested an avatar last month but I really want something gaming related this time around, so I found this picture in the MGS thread and it blends my two favourite gaming franchises together.

Would someone be able to make this into an avatar size without the metal gear moogle text and artist signature, and preferably transparent background? I know it might be a bit much to ask but this is like the perfect avatar for me and I'd be really grateful. I would give it a shot myself but I'm at home for christmas and don't have photoshop on the laptop I brought back with me :(

jgGOC.png

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone somehow isolate Louis' face with a transparent background for an avatar? If it looks anything like it does in my head, it's a pretty damn funny avatar.

8898_524162337607500_515304742_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom