• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned

Since you didn't specify portrait or landscape...

fNJL5gh.png

eZY4qj3.png

Izick

Can anyone help me out with an avatar TOS question?

Is the word "dick" too lewd for an avatar? I had that text in my avatar but I don't want to keep it up if it's breaking the TOS. I'm not exactly sure, because I see that the TOS for avatars is one thing, but people have very vulgar and dirty tags right under their names.

Toppot

Can anyone help me out with an avatar TOS question?

Is the word "dick" too lewd for an avatar? I had that text in my avatar but I don't want to keep it up if it's breaking the TOS. I'm not exactly sure, because I see that the TOS for avatars is one thing, but people have very vulgar and dirty tags right under their names.

General rule of thumb is, if you have to ask it's probably not safe.

Having said that, I would ask a mod, there is no harm what so ever in asking. Just PM a mod and they will get back to you.

Toppot

I don't. And I wasn't even around during the Age of Animated Avatars.

The age of animated avatars was glorious, till there were too many big pony gif avatars and too many people complaining about big pony gif avatars. It was the straw that broke the camels back and got animated avatars banned. This was when I was waiting for account approval.

Ramona is forever frozen in time. With a vague hope that she will walk as a GAF avatar. At a correct size and with a drop shadow.

XcuYDrU.gif

Labrys

Hello again, guys! I have another request.
Could I get Mascaras (red bird with luchador mask) from Animal Crossing: New Leaf in either bottom corner of my avatar (whatever fits better with Aigis)? I don't really have a particular image in mind, but anything from this image search has a variety of good ones. I'd just like one that fits where you can see his face.

FillerB

Hello again, guys! I have another request.
Could I get Mascaras (red bird with luchador mask) from Animal Crossing: New Leaf in either bottom corner of my avatar (whatever fits better with Aigis)? I don't really have a particular image in mind, but anything from this image search has a variety of good ones. I'd just like one that fits where you can see his face.

i4R5sCqEXDsA8.png

Given that it is AC you would think that there is some high-res artwork of the guy out there but noooooooooooo.

Or my google-fu is weak.

That wasn't even that long ago dude haha

I haven't been around that long. Took a while before I noticed my account got approved. The "new" rules kicked it (if I used search correctly) on 04-11-2011. My first post was on 02-04-2012.

caramac

I'm not seeing the funny. Or an obvious reason in his post history =/. Shame. Would have liked seeing that avatar used.

Yeah I didn't mean funny as in he got banned, It's just me trying to see the funny side of spending the best part of an hour on those avatars.

Toppot

I'm not seeing the funny. Or an obvious reason in his post history =/. Shame. Would have liked seeing that avatar used.

They basically said a hooker should've broken the law and had sex with a 14 year old boy, statutory rape.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=56813736&highlight=#post56813736

Always a shame when you see someone banned with an avatar you've made =/

EDIT: or was an alt it seems, also never knew moderators checked or indeed posted in this thread xD Thought I could get away with anything in here if I wanted =P

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah I didn't mean funny as in he got banned, It's just me trying to see the funny side of spending the best part of an hour on those avatars.

Yeah, that's what I meant. All that effort just for the member to get banned mins later.

Courage

P5gvdD0.png
pnYh95j.png

Second one is without backround but i did really sloppy job on it, doesn't look too good. You'll probably want to use the first one.
I might do a better backroundless (you want borders?) version morning, if you want.

Yeah, a better one without the background would be great. Thank you. Can you zoom in his face without cutting the ears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom