• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone make the background transparent? Many thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/ty6r85R.png

ahL94fX.png

iwZQ1qb.png
VmSEUcw.png
g2GGJ1s.png

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
On the standard (light) GAF background my avatar looks fine, but on a dark background it has a white border. I really tried removing it myself without removing the detail (shadows/edges) or making it look too jagged, but I completely failed.

Since we're going to be getting an official dark background, if anyone could help me out with a version of my avatar that looks mostly unchanged or better on the standard (light) background but good and without a border on dark as well, I will owe you one.

Btw this was my failure, just to give you an example of how it turned out kinda decent on dark but then looked terrible on light:

testttcnksb.png
testetxzjzq.png

Going to sleep, thanks a lot!

Stupidly made a thread to clean up my icon without knowledge of this thread's existence.

Anyway, I'd like to clean up my icon by removing the background. Here is the highest resolution image I could find:

PWlNvlC.png

Thank you!

Paint.NET is my poison of choice though you would need to get a AA-plugin for it from the forum. GIMP works fine too but has a hell of an annoying UI.
Man Paint.net has me feeling like a pro, I quickly made myself like 7 avatars for future use extremely easily.
used to take me hours with the crap editors I was using.

caramac

On the standard (light) GAF background my avatar looks fine, but on a dark background it has a white border. I really tried removing it myself without removing the detail (shadows/edges) or making it look too jagged, but I completely failed.

Since we're going to be getting an official dark background, if anyone could help me out with a version of my avatar that looks mostly unchanged or better on the standard (light) background but good and without a border on dark as well, I will owe you one.

Btw this was my failure, just to give you an example of how it turned out kinda decent on dark but then looked terrible on light:

testttcnksb.png
testetxzjzq.png

Going to sleep, thanks a lot!

Well, there's my attempt. Make of it what you will.

Official dark background will be quite a challenge on transparent avatars me thinks.

ifhF5kO0bV65n.png
iUtJLTtEATpsD.png

Figured with the new forum look I'd be a tad more active, as well as obtain a new avatar more related to my name. Can anyone avatar-ize this cool art my friend did for me?

5bxatuS.jpg

Focus on Fludd (the squirtgun with the sunglasses) if need be! Thanks for your time in advance.

caramac

Stupidly made a thread to clean up my icon without knowledge of this thread's existence.

Anyway, I'd like to clean up my icon by removing the background. Here is the highest resolution image I could find:

http://i.imgur.com/PWlNvlC.png?1[IMG]

Thank you![/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.minus.com/iohYVFAONcrm0.png

Did you mean something like this? or a floating head type.

FillerB

Figured with the new forum look I'd be a tad more active, as well as obtain a new avatar more related to my name. Can anyone avatar-ize this cool art my friend did for me?

[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/5bxatuS.jpg[/IMG]

Focus on Fludd (the squirtgun with the sunglasses) if need be! Thanks for your time in advance.

ibwDoWXAMyPBL9.png

Something like that?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well, there's my attempt. Make of it what you will.

Official dark background will be quite a challenge on transparent avatars me thinks.

ifhF5kO0bV65n.png
iUtJLTtEATpsD.png

Thank you. It looks good on dark backgrounds now, and the only thing missing on light is some detail/shadow on the spikes around the head, but I can deal with that if it means it looks good on both. I really appreciate it!

FillerB

Bit off-topic but wth.

Avatar-bro's I need your help. My Paint.NET-fu is not strong enough for the task at hand so I wonder whether any of you can help.

iqKbMp8KD3icP.png
ilUGfBxwDA7O9.png

I've trying to extract the shirts and tools (Bucket, top pencil mostly) icons from these two images but I can't seem to get them in high-quality AND so that the only difference is which part of the shirt is colored. Ideally I would have them at 75x75 but alas that would require upsizing them and thus losing quality.

Anyone got any tips on what I could do?

Ashes

Banned
So apparently this is how pro dark gaf has seen me for a while [click the pro dark toggle on top of the page if you don't know what I mean]. I feel naked and abused. I will be eternally grateful for anybody who fixes whatever transparency issues are going on in my avatar. :(

UrbanRats

So apparently this is how pro dark gaf has seen me for a while [click the pro dark toggle on top of the page if you don't know what I mean]. I feel naked and abused. I will be eternally grateful for anybody who fixes whatever transparency issues are going on in my avatar. :(

Do you have the original image?

Jzero

Yea we've been seeing avatars with shitty transparency for a while now. I usually pm people with a fixed version of their avatar but they are assholes and never update them

Ashes

Banned
Yea we've been seeing avatars with shitty transparency for a while now. I usually pm people with a fixed version of their avatar but they are assholes and never update them

I never got a pm. ;(

Really sorry. It is an eyesore I can see that now.

Toppot

*Puff of smoke*

Anyone got any tips on what I could do?

Best to redraw them from scratch. If you need different sizes/types/changes, extra icons, them as separate images, or anything else, just let me know and I'll get round to them tomorrow when I wake up =]

Note: They will be ever so slightly different to the originals, very hard to get them 100% the same.

*Puff of smoke*

Coreda

Here's my version, let me know if you like it ;)

ashes1396-transparente7u27.png

comparison6mukd.png

Ashes

Banned
Oops, was doing it, but it looks almost identical to what Coreda made, so i won't bother finishing it. :p

thanks urban. Sorry about that.

PS. Please feel free to send pms if I ever change my avatar and you see something wrong with it. Be it ratio, colour, size, transparency or whatever. I promise to not ignore it. You guys and girls know what you are doing far more than I. cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom