• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this?

faceittiger-updatet1pbg.png

Correct, thanks.

FillerB

can someone make this pic into an avatar with a black border please?

edit: oh wow his eyes and hood become black when I'm using the dark theme. :eek: pretty cool

ibqSUFhyCEyEof.png
ibwNHK2TVOMV0H.png
ibeTOcJyOpocAO.png

The eyes and the hood are actually transparent in that image so they take on the color of the background.

-Horizon-

May someone please crop out the two characters in this picture, make the background transparent, and resize it to avatar size?

H60Qb5o.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Courage

I have one last request before I stop bothering. Unlike the light theme, my avatar looks like it has no outline in the dark theme. Would it be possible to add a darker outline (maybe a black one) on my current avatar so it can appear on the dark theme?

Hope what I asked makes sense.

IqQ2XNO.png
OPVaAUU.png

zMRg5KB.png
gbaYhuD.png

I have one last request before I stop bothering. Unlike the light theme, my avatar looks like it has no outline in the dark theme. Would it be possible to add a darker outline (maybe a black one) on my current avatar so it can appear on the dark theme?

Hope what I asked makes sense.

Sample.

Vz2Jdlc.png
QJEXpAN.png

Actual avatar. Highlight does not show on light theme.
GCBcxJ1.png

EDIT: I'm an idiot

I thought it was going to be about GIFs too before I saw the edit.

Ok thanks, I was a member on some site a long time ago that allowed it but I don't recall how they did it.

Interesting idea. Basically everyone will see a different image for your avatar.

I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.random-image.net/

Haven't tried it myself and I can't vouch for it's validity on GAF. The FAQs say there is nothing funny in the image URL that will cause any concerns but maybe you might want to run this by a mod first. Wouldn't want to lose your avatar rights.

I thought it was going to be about GIFs too before I saw the edit.

Interesting idea. Basically everyone will see a different image for your avatar.

I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.random-image.net/

Haven't tried it myself and I can't vouch for it's validity on GAF. The FAQs say there is nothing funny in the image URL that will cause any concerns but maybe you might want to run this by a mod first. Wouldn't want to lose your avatar rights.
Thanks, sorry for the trouble.
have like 3 similar avatars that I cant pick between, so I wanted to try that.
Edit: seems like most are .gif based. oh well thanks.
28317_v.gif

rotates about every minute or so.
Signavatar says it will also work as a .png but it doesn't look like its changing

FillerB

Pretty sure all avatars are hosted on GAF servers instead of hotlinked to avoid the obvious pitfalls that come with hotlinking so these kind of fun image-scripts don't work.

Shame really.

FillerB

iPqUoarC2uqpg.png

There we go.

Do you want the left guy or right guy, do you have a higher resolution image, do you have an image without the text, do you want the text, do you want transparent, do you want a border, do you want a specific crop, do you.. etc?

Yea i want both but i guess it will be hard to do. Maybe the first half of the pic with their faces on top of each other to get the picture to look bigger and clearer? If you need more then just let me know.

caramac

iPqUoarC2uqpg.png

There we go.

Do you want the left guy or right guy, do you have a higher resolution image, do you have an image without the text, do you want the text, do you want transparent, do you want a border, do you want a specific crop, do you.. etc?

No, he just wants two of the same image :D

FillerB

Yea i want both but i guess it will be hard to do. Maybe the first half of the pic with their faces on top of each other to get the picture to look bigger and clearer? If you need more then just let me know.

ibisE1IvYXwLBR.png
ibjzgDWY0ItVRx.png

These are just quick mock-ups so the quality is pretty shit but is this what you had in mind?

I would like more a close up on his face I should of been more descriptive but, I will use this thank you :)

ifhR1orJ5fjKd.png

That more like it? Could make it transparent but I think that will feel kinda silly for such a small bit as you can't really remove the ice-sword/club/thing without taking of his shoulder.

ibisE1IvYXwLBR.png
ibjzgDWY0ItVRx.png

These are just quick mock-ups so the quality is pretty shit but is this what you had in mind?

ifhR1orJ5fjKd.png

That more like it? Could make it transparent but I think that will feel kinda silly for such a small bit as you can't really remove the ice-sword/club/thing without taking of his shoulder.

hmm i think i like that one, thanks!

Mengetsu

ibisE1IvYXwLBR.png
ibjzgDWY0ItVRx.png

ifhR1orJ5fjKd.png

Perfect. Thankyou!

FillerB

Anyone know what the problem is with this? It seems transparent to me but GAF doesn't seem to think so.
http://imgur.com/VSg0OhG

[img ]http://i.minus.com/ibp0it5DUF2ShU.png[/img]

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/VSg0OhG.png[/img]

Your image is showing as 300 x 270 on imgur.

Try the top image.

Besides the size it's also because it/they aren't (true) transparent. The background has a partial transparency (Alpha is 7 out of 255) which you can't really see in image editors but is fairly noticeable on a darker background. Take a look at the pictures Caramac posted on DarkGAF.

ibjXMTkneXUmxr.png

The maker of the image uses the partial transparency to make the ghost (the hands and "cloud" especially) see-through so it betters blend in with the background. If you switch between Dark and Light GAF you'll notice that the "cloud" becomes noticeable darker on DarkGAF. Very cool effect.

iDJFQLaWVubs6.png

Bertyo

Neo Member
Your image is showing as 300 x 270 on imgur.

Try the top image.

Besides the size it's also because it/they aren't (true) transparent. The background has a partial transparency (Alpha is 7 out of 255) which you can't really see in image editors but is fairly noticeable on a black background. Take a look at the pictures Caramac posted on DarkGAF.

The maker of the image uses the partial transparency to make the ghost (the hands and "cloud" especially) see-through so it betters blend in with the background. If you switch between Dark and Light GAF you'll notice that the "cloud" becomes noticeable darker on DarkGAF. Very cool effect.

Thanks to both of you. I really appreciate your effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom