• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuevas said:
Can someone give this:
2dwccus.jpg

the NBA-age treatment?

ZHTM3.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
alehousedave said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2u4r0nl.jpg

I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND BALONEY COMBINED!

Clipper

The Internet said:
If someone could help me out as well :

http://i56.tinypic.com/15n6mfa.jpg
oilers.jpg
beaten, meh
Domino Theory said:
Could anyone change my avatar to be 100x120 and under 50KB? :)
You need to post the source image that contains more data if you want us to do that. Otherwise, just stick with your current one.
Arnie said:
Could someone change my avatar to 100 x 120 please and under the size limit. Cheers.
It wouldn't add anything but some more transparent pixels. There is absolutely no point in changing from the current one.

And I have to lol at the requests to keep it under the size restriction. It is impossible to actually create an image that is over 50kB yet under the width and height restrictions unless you intentionally fill it with padding data.

Eversynth

Domino Theory said:
Could anyone change my avatar to be 100x120 and under 50KB? :)
Do you have the original picture?

Arnie said:
Could someone change my avatar to 100 x 120 please and under the size limit. Cheers.
It's at 90x120 and at 11kb, not sure what you're asking for? ?_?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Clipper said:
You need to post the source image that contains more data if you want us to do that. Otherwise, just stick with your current one.

Damn, no I don't have it. Alright, thanks anyways, I'll just stick to what I have.

Clipper

Shig said:
teethmummy.jpg

Borders dammit! Also that's not using the new dimensions.
Ugh, borders are a matter of personal choice, but whatever you do, NEVER stretch an image out of proportion unless you have a very good reason.

Edit: Oh... hatty changed theirs, so now my comment makes little sense... grr.

My point still stands, though. If somebody requests borders for a 90*120 avatar and doesn't have a bigger source image, then add borders to the 90*120 avatar. It's still a valid avatar that way and proportion stretching is just ugly.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Clipper said:
Ugh, borders are a matter of personal choice, but whatever you do, NEVER stretch an image out of proportion unless you have a very good reason.

Edit: Oh... hatty changed theirs, so now my comment makes little sense... grr.

My point still stands, though. If somebody requests borders for a 90*120 avatar and doesn't have a bigger source image, then add borders to the 90*120 avatar. It's still a valid avatar that way and proportion stretching is just ugly.
That's not what I did, I found a bigger source and sized it down.

Also you're in no position to be giving avatar-making critiques after the ugly, lazy-ass resizing you tossed out in your previous post.

Mank said:
so could someone help me get this:
to work again?

Shig said:
Really? Just resize it and call it a day?

Dont try insulting me for trying to help someone out.He asked to get it to work and thats what I did. If he would of asked for anything in particular I would of done my best to get it done.

Anyone know the best format to get below the 50KB limit or have any other advice to squeeze below?

Even as a 90x90 image (rather have it be 100x100) I can only get my previous avatar down to 57KB as a JPEG.

I have Photoshop to play around with file formats and the like.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Anyone know the best format to get below the 50KB limit or have any other advice to squeeze below?

Even as a 90x90 image (rather have it be 100x100) I can only get my previous avatar down to 57KB as a JPEG.

Are you doing "save as" or "save for web?"

Try going into "save for web" and change the file type to jpeg. You should have a drop down list available for different file sizes/qualities. The filesize estimate will be in the bottom left of the window.

Edit: resized to 100x100 and 100x120 for you, if you want it.
NIWbm.jpg
C30zD.png

CarbonatedFalcon said:

Post the image.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Kinda loses context if it doesn't hint how high up they are imo. edit: damn your edits!

avidnobody.jpg
avidnobody2.gif

edit: damn your edits!
edit2- Added a transparent one, too

Arnie

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a whirl and see if I prefer it. I appreciate you taking the time to both do it and send me the PM. Cheers.

thecheese

JasonMCG said:
Someone is already using that. I don't remember who, but I saw it in the other avatar thread.

That was me. I had the same avatar but it wasn't very good quality, and I wanted to see if someone could make a better one using the new avatar dimensions.

Looks like Eversynth delivered. Thank a lot!

Typographenia said:
Are you doing "save as" or "save for web?"

Try going into "save for web" and change the file type to jpeg. You should have a drop down list available for different file sizes/qualities. The filesize estimate will be in the bottom left of the window.

Edit: resized to 100x100 and 100x120 for you, if you want it.
NIWbm.jpg
C30zD.png

Got it to work on my own, but thanks for the help. Saving it for the web was what needed to happen. It's only about 12KB now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom