• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my current Young Revolver Ocelot cropped fine? I just don't want to get one of those "idiot" tags with the new settings.

b4092eaf.jpg

Clipper

WickedCobra03 said:
Is my current Young Revolver Ocelot cropped fine? I just don't want to get one of those "idiot" tags with the new settings.

b4092eaf.jpg
I think it's impossible to get one of those tags now. The internal avatar process checks the image is valid for you.

WickedCobra03 said:
He's 100x120 with 16kb, so you're in the clear!
I wondered what the rule for messing up avatars would be, but I suspect Clipper is 100% right.

Eversynth

lawblob said:
To keep my avatar, how do I turn it into a static image?
Uud2f.png
M0qKi.png

Anti-Aliased:
JEuD2.png
qtZ3B.png

(Depending on if you want them immediately under your nick, I provided full-size and reduced height)

To answer the question: in your case it's just 2 animation frames. Just open with image editor, resize and save as .png. In case of multiple animation frames you have to use something that can save the frame you want.

sadaiyappan

The picture I'm using now is from GTplanet photography competition. I want a custom avatar. The first picture on the left looks okay, can you invert it so the front of the car is pointing to the right towards the message and can you change it to a red color.

Eversynth

Sadaiyappan said:
The picture I'm using now is from GTplanet photography competition. I want a custom avatar. The first picture on the left looks okay, can you invert it so the front of the car is pointing to the right towards the message and can you change it to a red color.
U1Bn9.png

?

I guess I could try and take a picture from Forza 3 with the right color and point of view... If I can find the same car :D let me try...

sadaiyappan

What you did looks fine. It just sucks compared to the stuff at GTplanet. I asked them for an avatar I will see what they make for me.

Daigoro

could someone do something with this for me?

P2.png

maybe get rid of the white border and resize it or something.

thank you kindly.

Eversynth

Daigoro said:
could someone do something with this for me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Deus13000/Avatars/P2.png[IMG]

maybe get rid of the white border and resize it or something.

thank you kindly.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0sAL5.png

Eversynth

Small Mailman said:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/152/e/8/Agent_Cooper_by_blissard.jpg[IMG]

I would be very grateful if someone could make this avatar sized for me :)[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F4P8s.png
ALAR2.png

watership

Guys, I might be losing my mind, but I can't see where I can upload my avatar via the new system. I have the post from evillore right in fromt of me, I got to user CP, but see no where to upload. I also can't see anyone else's avatar, yet I have that functionality enabled. Any help?

Edit: N/M. I guess posting about it fixed it, that magical, mystical way. :)

MrBig

They were down because of increased traffic when the NPD data was posted.

Syphon Filter said:
Can someone make me an avatar from this pic? If you can show the whole body that will be great,if not then the upper body mainly.
ajuj854s.jpg

ajuj854s2.jpg

Fugu

My attempts to make this image transparent without Photoshop failed; I would be quite grateful if someone could be so kind as to do that for me. Thanks in advance.
5oup6s.png

EDIT: Huh. It's transparent here, but not when I upload it as an avatar.

EDIT 2: ...It is also possible that it is the same colour as the background.

Fugu said:
My attempts to make this image transparent without Photoshop failed; I would be quite grateful if someone could be so kind as to do that for me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Huh. It's transparent here, but not when I upload it as an avatar.

EDIT 2: ...It is also possible that it is the same colour as the background.
L1R1S.png

vazel

Banned
SPEA said:
Why can't I see anyone's avatars?
Probably to save bandwidth. The NPD thread went up today that's probably the cause. I was afraid this would happen when avatars went internal.

Pollux

vazel said:
Probably to save bandwidth. The NPD thread went up today that's probably the cause. I was afraid this would happen when avatars went internal.

I need to work on my TLA's but was is NPD?

(TLA = Three Letter Acronym)

Clipper

zmoney said:

I need to work on my TLA's but was is NPD?

(TLA = Three Letter Acronym)
Are you asking what it is? It's the group that tracks sales of games within the US. Numbers and rankings release monthly and many GAFfers go crazy over discussing them. It typically causes massive slowdowns due to the increased traffic, so it seems we all get to go avatarless for a day or so to compensate.

vex8bb.jpg

want to use this avatar i made today but don't want to get my avatar privileges taken away because it ends up breaking the content guidelines.

anyone see a problem with this? if you need a hint as to what it is, it's from the first episode of squidbillies.

Satchwar said:
It's fine. You're safe!

hmmm, gonna make absolute sure it's the best i can do before using it.

i guess it's technically G rated because you wouldn't know what it was unless you saw the show to begin with, which you shouldn't have viewed if you weren't old enough? :p

Satch

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
I bequeath my first born child to whichever gentleman is willing and able to photoshop a monocle and top hat onto Nibbler.

nibbler.jpg
Anybody capable of doing better can go for it:

JRnjj.png

I bumped it up to the 100px width.

icarus-daedelus said:
I bequeath my first born child to whichever gentleman is willing and able to photoshop a monocle and top hat onto Nibbler.

nibbler.jpg

Avatars have been disabled because they were causing too much of a load on the servers (which is why GAF has been so slow to load lately.)

z6b2u.png
YxoMG.png
ddKqO.png

Chuck

Still without luck
Could I get this whole image avatar sized as well as Rainbow Dash on her own, maybe with transparency as well.

1759518-i2ainbow_dash_pinkie__super.png

Shoogoo

ChuckNoLuck said:
Could I get this whole image avatar sized as well as Rainbow Dash on her own, maybe with transparency as well.

1759518-i2ainbow_dash_pinkie__sper.png

I assume rainbow dash is the chick with rainbow hair

Untitled-5.gif

Don't have the time for the other one right now, I'll do it later if nobody else has done it by then. Feel free to pm me if I seem to have forgotten.

Feel free to correct my english too, I have a test next week :D

Chuck

Still without luck
Shoogoo said:
I assume rainbow dash is the chick with rainbow hair

Untitled-5.gif

Don't have the time for the other one right now, I'll do it later if nobody else has done it by then. Feel free to pm me if I seem to have forgotten.

Feel free to correct my english too, I have a test next week :D
Whoa, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Thanks! And your English is good, good luck with your test!

Eversynth

ChuckNoLuck said:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/71047/1759518-i2ainbow_dash_pinkie__super.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh, well, since I made it.... (didn't see a new avatar was alredy posted)
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hn6RM.png

(I feel so dirty D: )

Could any of you kind souls please make this humble junior an avatar of the Pietro Perugino painting "Portrait of Fransesco Delle Opere"

Thanks!

Shoogoo

Cozzy said:
Could any of you kind souls please make this humble junior an avatar of the Pietro Perugino painting "Portrait of Fransesco Delle Opere"

Thanks!

Untitled-7.gif

Easier if you link us to the exact image you want!

ShaneB

Could someone edit this picture? Just want the flag and the rest to be transparent. Having the flag pole would be nice, but I think that wouldn't work that well when having to resize the image for an avatar.

Thanks in advance!

LabradorFlag.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ShaneB said:
Could someone edit this picture? Just want the flag and the rest to be transparent. Having the flag pole would be nice, but I think that wouldn't work that well when having to resize the image for an avatar.

Thanks in advance!

LabradorFlag.jpg

Cleaned up source file:
shaneb1.png

shaneb2.png

shaneb3.png

Shurs

Can someone lay a solid, thick black border over the edges of my avatar. I've tried to do this within Tinypic with no luck other than it shrinking my image, which is what I don't want and the current border I have around my avatar is too faint, and its not symmetrical.

971d9i.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom