• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Wow... tough decision. I think I'll go with that razor thin border, which is pretty much what I first imagined.

Thanks so much guys! As always, you all rock! :D

Narolf

Banned
You're welcome.

By the way, does anyone have trouble using the fixed size rectangle select under Gimp? It makes the program crash every time I attempt to change the initial size (100x100). I tried an uninstallation and to cclean before reinstalling it, but no avail.

Clipper

Narolf said:
You're welcome.

By the way, does anyone have trouble using the fixed size rectangle select under Gimp? It makes the program crash every time I attempt to change the initial size (100x100). I tried an uninstallation and to cclean before reinstalling it, but no avail.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Where do you access that tool? I just use Select All, Select...Border then Fill whole selection to add borders. I can also use the tab for the Select Rectangle tool to change the size without problem if that's what your issue is.

LifEndz

Toppot said:
NKWPA.png
5Xq4p.png
8kbHh.png
rms23.png
CWTI0.png
Ujy54.png

Just saw you wanted the gears logo, not just the dorag xD if you can pick one of the ones above you like and I can put the gears logo, or cog etc ontop or someone else can (Damn social life xD =P)

X5vhd.png
Ay4IT.png
vCNaI.png
OK328.png

Thanks bro. I saved 'em all!!! teehee :)

Narolf

Banned
Clipper said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Where do you access that tool? I just use Select All, Select...Border then Fill whole selection to add borders. I can also use the tab for the Select Rectangle tool to change the size without problem if that's what your issue is.

MT9A0.png

Gimp crashes whenever I try to change the value under "fixed" (from 100x100 to 100x120 for example). I still can change the size of the rectangle manually without it being fixed just fine, it just turns annoying when I resize the image as that also scales the rectangle.

Clipper

Narolf said:
http://i.imgur.com/MT9A0.png

Gimp crashes whenever I try to change the value under "fixed" (from 100x100 to 100x120 for example). I still can change the size of the rectangle manually without it being fixed just fine, it just turns annoying when I resize the image as that also scales the rectangle.
It works fine for me in Gimp 2.6.11.

Clipper

Maklershed said:
How do you add opacity to a layer in gimp?
Layer...Transparency...Add Alpha Channel.

No, wait. Just realised what you are really asking... back in a tic...

Edit:

Select the layers tab in the toolbox and there is a slider to adjust the opacity of the selected layer.

You can also use:
Layer...Mask...Add Layer Mask

to apply different opacity to different parts of the layer.

apana

Wow didn't know we had a thread like this. Can someone make an avatar of Bran Stark and resize it to 100x120.

GameOfThrones_Teaser06_Screencap_07.jpg

Here's another size in case that helps:

BranCast.jpg

Jzero

Syphon Filter said:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/static/local-common/images/sc2/portraits/1-4.jpg[/im]

is it possible for the pic to not lose the quality and have it at 100x100?[/quote]
nope, if it was a vector then it would stay the same quality.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Can someone just do something lulzy with my avatar? I'm getting bored with it and can't think of any relevant modifications. I was thinking Kanye glasses but fuck I really don't care for that. As long as the transparency is kept.

Be as creative and elaborate as you want.

2s0mqms.png

Narolf

Banned
Clipper said:
It works fine for me in Gimp 2.6.11.
I have to say I've been disabling a bunch of Windows' services by rule of thumb as of late, because my computer was turning really slow and all. One of them must have been crucial for that feature to work or something. Anyway, thanks for the head-up, at least I'm sure the issue comes from my side.

Here is my submission, Ryaaan.

pQFpe.png

Clipper

Syphon Filter said:
http://flugelmeister.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/halo-2.jpg

need an avatar for this. the whole pic if possible.
chief1.jpg
chief2.jpg
chief3.jpg

That's full image with poor scaling; cleaner, slightly cropped image (top 25 rows of pixels gone) and zoomed image.

Clipper

Gez said:
Is it possible to get avatars on a rotation? I seem to remember some people had this happening automaticaly awhile back.
Not automatically. This is only possible with external avatars, and they were disabled several months ago.

Toppot

buttonsmasher said:
was wondering if I could get a Marcus doo-rag up on servbot. Thanks in advance! :D

pXFvp.jpg

bHEbi.png

I know the doorag isn't the same angle as the head but it matches the other doorag avatars =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom