• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Sorry then, I stand corrected on mechanical damage. Did not know that, and honestly finding confirmed info about this game can be pretty hard. :lol Good news. But does it not get unlocked until later as well? What about damage online? Does that need unlocking as well?

chespace said:
Sorry then, I stand corrected on mechanical damage. Did not know that, and honestly finding confirmed info about this game can be pretty hard. :lol Good news. But does it not get unlocked until later as well? What about damage online? Does that need unlocking as well?

Nope.

I'll just leave this here :

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg

KrawlMan

LordPhoque said:

[ugly pic]

I just decided to step into the thread to see what was going on. Which game is this? Its awful looking.

Edit: Just looked at the image url. Nvm.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
LordPhoque said:

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/g/r/gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Come on, man, PD were working to a strict schedule. I'm sure they'd have re-done that track and car if they had time.

chespace said:

You know what else is also pretty hard? Finding other community managers who declare they don't do bullshots.

Ashes

Banned
KrawlMan said:
I just decided to step into the thread to see what was going on. Which game is this? Its awful looking.

You can tell by judging the username. It's gt5.

ps. I should really turn the tables, and go all out against forza so people don't pin me down to one side.

DuckRacer

Hahahahaha they literally ported over Trial Mountain from GT4. Polyphony has had SIX YEARS to develop GT5 and all we have are 200 current-gen-spec cars and some tracks which look absolutely horrible? Embarrassing.

DuckRacer said:
Hahahahaha they literally ported over Trial Mountain from GT4. Polyphony has had SIX YEARS to develop GT5 and all we have are 200 current-gen-spec cars and some tracks which look absolutely horrible? Embarrassing.

You should word your posts better. 1 track != all "we" have.

MrPliskin

Banned
chespace said:

Come on man, you know you're not being serious. You could have found confirmation of any of this info just by asking the question, or maybe following the OT. Instead, you decide to continue your usual business even though you're not even affiliated with your former employer anymore.

But I get you, I mean, it is hard to get confirmation about a lot of things, especially when it comes to photomode...isn't that right?

Metalmurphy said:
You should word your posts better. 1 track != all "we" have.

He said some tracks. Trial Mountain and Apricot Hill aren't perfect either.
edit: Deep Forest not TM sorry.

edit2 : Oh god where am I? It's this thread, urgh.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
DuckRacer said:

Yea. I'm no graphics guy so this doesn't bother me all that much. I mean, yea, it sucks but overall it's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game. I'm a huge Halo fan so I've heard all the shit talked about that game's graphics. I just hope that the other shit they were working on for all this time is worth it. I know for Halo 3 and Halo Reach, it absolutely was worth it. It is shocking though because since the beginning this games graphics seemingly have been almost the only thing that has been talked about.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Just watched that video above what wheel are you using for control? I want a nice wheel without all the crazy ass attachments I just want a good control method.

Wazzim

Banned
d1rtn4p said:
Wow that pic looks terrible...Looks like a PS2 game all-around.
Never played a ps2 game?

Anyway, got gt5 today and I have to say that Forza3 isn't much worse, the shadows are loads better in F3.

Haunted

LordPhoque said:

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg
This makes me sad.

I'll just go look at the photomode thread a bit more to wash that filth away.

edit: but seriously, why the fuck would you even want to play with standard cars. Such terrible disparity within one game.

Metalmurphy said:
No. This would be damage control:

http://i.imgur.com/DyNg5.jpg[/MG]

Some perspective. And look, that's a premium car ;)[/QUOTE]
Why does the shadow from the car in front (the red one) look different from the one that the player is driving?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Haunted said:
This makes me sad.

edit: but seriously, why the fuck would you even want to play with standard cars. Such terrible disparity within one game.

Or the thousands of other direct feed pics that look many times better than that.

:D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Haunted said:
This makes me sad.

Exactly!

Who the fuck wants to use 80% of the cars in the game?

Ploid 3.0

Standard cars could perform better, or be cheaper to buy than the next level premium car available to you. Sure you could grind a bit more exp or credits to buy that next shiny car but if you don't mind using hood, gauge view you'll go by smoother.

MrPliskin

Banned
DuckRacer said:

It's good to see some kiddo's never change! :lol

Edit: Wow, you have zero posts in the GT OT, and this is your one contribution to the GT5 Photo thread:

DuckRacer said:
Bu-but the standard cars still look better than anything out there!

Guess I won't be using them for photomode or replays at all.
:lol

What exactly do Standard cars have to do with replays? I mean, so long as the cars still use the same physics model, why get caught up about it? Unless, well...you know :lol

If there's one thing that sucks about Racing games in general like Forza and GT, is that it draws out village idiots who have no interest in the games outside of how good they look, lol.

Haunted

belvedere said:
Or the thousands of other direct feed pics that look many times better than that.

:D
I did see a lot of screens that made the GT4 cars look ok. Fine, even. I mean, they're never going to be on the level of the real GT5 cars, (or even most Forza cars for that matter) but that screen is seriously bad. Carefully selected to be posted in here, I'm sure. :p

CozMick

Banned
I propose a screenshot face-off.

We need a screenshot from both games showing the best visuals possible without any filters or outside shopping.

And then the worst screenshot people can find.

Do it Gaf, DO IT!

Ploid 3.0

I think we are blinded by blood rage or something guys. Let's chill a bit and think clearly. The worst of the worst pictures are being used on both sides and that just fuels the search for even worse pictures then run them through photoshop and compress the crap out of it type of actions.

Let's all hug

I was looking for a pink smile emoticon but got distracted by this cool flame emoticon.
pink-flame.gif

Edit: Also it seem like some people must be on my ignore list, thing is I never put people on ignore/blacklists. Never saw that dog compression post, and other posts that was quoted. Maybe this thread is moving faster than I thought.

mintylurb

Ploid 3.0 said:
I think we are blinded by blood rage or something guys. Let's chill a bit and think clearly. The worst of the worst pictures are being used on both sides and that just fuels the search for even worse pictures then run them through photoshop and compress the crap out of it type of actions.

Let's all hug

I was looking for a pink smile emoticon but got distracted by this cool flame emoticon.
pink-flame.gif
No. I don't want to hug firewire. He's french.

Top Bottom