• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

commedieu

Banned
Let me get this straight...

this thread has now turned into finding the worst GT5 shots, then comparing them to Forza3's best foot forward? Good to see you here too Che... Trolling 247 must be hard as hell to do! I knew you were trollin since I saw you on that streaming site..

I don't get why the minority of car enthusiasts, aka Forza3 owners, have to go through all of this to prove that the low parts of GT are the best experience that can be had in Forza. Both games are decent. But Its safe to say that F3 just isn't in the same league. Why isn't everyone comparing features to features? The argument about more cars = better game is plain silly. Or that cockpits = better game. Lets just say GT5 only has 200 cars, with more detail than the Forza3 vehicles could ever dream of on an Xbox360..

Forza3 still comes out the winner, despite its lacking, well... everything, because it has more. Is this right? So cars trump any sim feature?

edit:

And I'll say the saddest part of all this is that the F3 fanboy community is rallying with che over this. The same guy that pretty much mislead every single one of you to believe that Turn10 didn't do bullshots... that the images wouldn't be compressed to all hell requiring ghetto ass hacks to get a decent screenshot, that you could take Cockpit photos, etc. The hilarious part is how bad Turn10 has dropped the ball with the online of F3. And its promised DLC.. im sure you guys never wanted that japolink kit anyway... Enjoy buying the game over for "TOP GEAR CONTENT" with cars the stig hasn't tested? or the track.. I mean christ its getting beaten with a dick over and over again then smiling because Sony's looking.

Haunted

CozMick said:
I propose a screenshot face-off.

We need a screenshot from both games showing the best visuals possible without any filters or outside shopping.

And then the worst screenshot people can find.

Do it Gaf, DO IT!
That's... what people have been doing for the last 80 pages.

commedieu said:

this thread has now turned into finding the worst GT5 shots, then comparing them to Forza3's best foot forward.
Yes, that's exactly what's been going on here.

Ashes

Banned
commedieu said:

this thread has now turned into finding the worst GT5 shots, then comparing them to Forza3's best foot forward? Good to see you here too Che... Trolling 247 must be hard as hell to do! I knew you were trollin since I saw you on that streaming site..

I don't get why the minority of car enthusiasts, aka Forza3 owners, have to go through all of this to prove that the low parts of GT are the best experience that can be had in Forza. Both games are decent. But Its safe to say that F3 just isn't in the same league. Why isn't everyone comparing features to features? The argument about more cars = better game is plain silly. Or that cockpits = better game. Lets just say GT5 only has 200 cars, with more detail than the Forza3 vehicles could ever dream of on an Xbox360..

Forza3 still comes out the winner, despite its lacking, well... everything, because it has more. Is this right? So cars trump any sim feature?

Wait for the all knowing eye that is the metacritic man! we will finally have the motherload of comparisons!

szaromir

Banned
commedieu said:

this thread has now turned into finding the worst GT5 shots, then comparing them to Forza3's best foot forward?
No, it's clearly comparing the worst of GT5 with the worst of FM3. But maybe you were sarcastic?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Fact: 800 ugly cars.

I am as excited as the next guy about GT5 but son I am so disappoint.

h3ro

commedieu said:

edit:

And I'll say the saddest part of all this is that the F3 fanboy community is rallying with che over this. The same guy that pretty much mislead every single one of you to believe that Turn10 didn't do bullshots... that the images wouldn't be compressed to all hell requiring ghetto ass hacks to get a decent screenshot, that you could take Cockpit photos, etc.

Forza 3 kicked ass. GT5 is going to kick ass. :D

Let's all be friends and turn our sites to Need for Speed Shift and all the shit EA is spewing.

chespace said:

Fact: 400 average looking cars.
Fact: 200 cars that look better then anything else.
Fact: You're not excited as the next guy about GT5.

Ashes

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
It isn't. It ain't Forza 2 either.

There is one. 14/20. You guys can have a field day now.

It looks nice. that gt5 pic looks horrible. horrible I tell you. Urgh.... my eyes... my eyes...

Ploid 3.0

Atomski said:
Its so people like you will get uptight.

Anyways why hasn't there been any GT5 reviews yet.. grrr.

A couple of features was just unlocked last night/this morning. Also it seems like the youtube recording still needs to be unlocked. Maybe a higher level?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I heard PD were going to try and negotiate a deal with EA so they could use the models from Porsche Unleashed in GT5.

They were just going to label them 'not-quite-standard-but-who-gives-a-fuck'.

CozMick

Banned
e8oj7k.jpg

I wouldn't call that "ugly" to be honest.

Yes! it's a standard car!

Ashes

Banned
chespace said:

:lol

dude; it would be so awesome to
a, never race with you on gaf leagues ever
b, always race with you on gaf leagues etc

You just can't be middle of this road nonsense!

edit@above... damn that looks kinda nice actually....

cjelly said:
I heard PD were going to try and negotiate a deal with EA so they could use the models from Porsche Unleashed in GT5.

They were just going to label them 'not-quite-standard-but-who-gives-a-fuck'.

I heard Forza 3 was the definitive racing game of the generation.

commedieu said:

edit:

And I'll say the saddest part of all this is that the F3 fanboy community is rallying with che over this. The same guy that pretty much mislead every single one of you to believe that Turn10 didn't do bullshots... that the images wouldn't be compressed to all hell requiring ghetto ass hacks to get a decent screenshot, that you could take Cockpit photos, etc. The hilarious part is how bad Turn10 has dropped the ball with the online of F3. And its promised DLC.. im sure you guys never wanted that japolink kit anyway... Enjoy buying the game over for "TOP GEAR CONTENT" with cars the stig hasn't tested? or the track.. I mean christ its getting beaten with a dick over and over again then smiling because Sony's looking.
It's not just about Turn 10 though. It's about honor, it's about prestige, it's about war. The system war.

Ploid 3.0

I know this thread was meant for the crazies, but I'm feeling embarrassed right now. :\ Seeing respectable people act strange, and I may have said silly things as well.

GT5 save us
4V5pK.jpg

Ploid 3.0 said:
I know this thread was meant for the crazies, but I'm feeling embarrassed right now. :\ Seeing respectable people act strange, and I may have said silly things as well.

GT5 save us

Shit! I'm just having some fun here :lol Not that I've ever been respectable.

Either way, just passing time.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Edit: Also it seem like some people must be on my ignore list, thing is I never put people on ignore/blacklists. Never saw that dog compression post, and other posts that was quoted. Maybe this thread is moving faster than I thought.

The Dog post looks like it was a comedy quote fix thing.

Speaking of compression, I have seen the following things explained away as bad image compression over the past week.

Pixelated shadows,
Pixelated smoke,
Rough looking standard cars
And now low poly and low res textures in Trial Mountain!

CozMick

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:

GT5 save us

Just letting off some steam.

Having people troll the shit out of the OT and not beng able to defend your beloved game takes it's toll :lol

Lothars

chespace said:

Fact: Trolling for the sake of Trolling.

the cars are not ugly, they are not near as good as the premium cars but they are not as bad as you are saying.

Ashes

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:

GT5 save us

:(

I'm only playin....

Graphics Horse said:
The Dog post looks like it was a comedy quote fix thing.

Speaking of compression, I have seen the following things explained away as bad image compression over the past week.

Pixelated shadows,
Pixelated smoke,

Rough looking standard cars
And now low poly and low res textures in Trial Mountain!

You never saw that.

Pepto

Banned
CozMick said:
Just letting off some steam.

Having people troll the shit out of the OT and not beng able to defend your beloved game takes it's toll :lol
Just have fun with the game and ignore the haters. :D

Ashes

Banned
To be honest, acting dumb is harder than it appears. You're more than likely going to set up a reputation for your self as a numbnut and get quoted years from now, when you legitimately criticize either game.

Ploid 3.0

h3ro said:
If both games are ugly, then who will Dan Greenwalt give the baton to?

Shift is next in line.

Ashes1396 said:
To be honest, acting dumb is harder than it appears. You're more than likely going to set up a reputation for your self as a numbnut and get quoted years from now, when you legitimately criticize either game.

It will happen. Search for poster history gone and all, someone will find it still. Never underestimate.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What the hell is going on with GT5? There is an enormous disparity between shots. Not even talking about photo mode here. Some of the capture gameplay shots I've seen look fantastic while others look barely on par with Forza 2 (sometimes worse).

What the hell has Polyphony been doing?

CozMick

Banned
Ashes1396 said:

I already think I've done myself some damage by posting <10 times. :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
chespace said:

Fact: You're probably going to spend $60 just so you can continue to troll.

I wonder if you're even any good at Forza or GT, I wouldn't be surprised if you seriously suck :lol I mean, we really don't have any reason to believe you know anything about cars / racing at all. Hell, you obviously didn't know what was going on at Turn 10, so maybe you really are just an internet troll. Or maybe just a joke character?

dark10x said:
What the hell is going on with GT5? There is an enormous disparity between shots. Not even talking about photo mode here. Some of the capture gameplay shots I've seen look fantastic while others look barely on par with Forza 2 (sometimes worse).

What the hell has Polyphony been doing?

Probably working on physics, and getting caught up between GT: HD, GT5: Prologue, GT: PSP, GT: TT, and then GT5.

Also, shouldn't you, of all people, understand that bad captures and good captures are common with ALL games?

-viper-

Banned
Don't know what is up with those Gran Turismo 5 captures, but on my Panasonic plasma, it looks like the best looking racing game ever.

I expected the game to look like shit based on the above captures, but it's fucking fantastic in motion.

I've just went through Trial Mountain with the Gallardo and couldn't be more impressed.

edit: holy shit at the 240SX shot. :lol

game looks so bad in these horrible captures.

but thankfully, I have GT5 now and I know it looks fantastic on my TV set.

watership

commedieu said:

edit:

GT5, serious business.

Top Bottom