• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Gek54

Gek54 said:
Forza 3's permanent God mode driving physics are laughable.

This must be what Dan meant when he kept repeating ad nauseam how much he wanted Forza 3 to be more accessible to everyone.

Dumb it down.

this after just seeing several photos that could never physically occur...

Blame!

im just snooping around on gt planet and yeah standards dont have bottoms but premiums do.

standard0.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
What the fuck is going on in this page with GT 5? LOL

Bishop I agree, best thread by far.

*Also suddenly FM aids are THE issue :lol

Truespeed

RSTEIN said:
Yup, reviews (metacritic & game rankings) and 4 head-to-head challenges all say Forza 3 is better. Pretty definitive.

GAF crowns the king: Forza 3.

/thread

Fortunately, the people and their wallets have spoken. GT5 did in 2 days when Forza 3 did in over a year. But, do come back when you can handle 8 additional cars on the track in a higher resolution and in 4xMSAA. I mean, it's not even a fair fight.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Truespeed said:
Fortunately, the people and their wallets have spoken. GT5 did in 2 days when Forza 3 did in over a year. But, do come back when you can handle 8 additional cars on the track in a higher resolution and in 4xMSAA. I mean, it's not even a fair fight.
Ahh the sales figures, certainly the deciding factor on which is the better game.

Amazing logic

The level of bitterness/irrationaly on here by certain people is just comical, cling on to sales figures if it makes you feel better.

Truespeed said:

:lol

N-Bomb

Truespeed said:

GT5 needs to sell like 4x as many copies as F3 to make money, doesn't it? Not including DLC and other shaznitz.

hsukardi

Slayer-33 said:
Ahh the sales figures, certainly the deciding factor on which is the better game.

Amazing logic

The level of bitterness/irrationaly on here by certain people is just comical, cling on to sales figures if it makes you feel better.

In reality, the bottomline of all that matters is sales. Dollar votes by players.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Loudninja said:
Isnt people doing the exact same thing with the reviews?
What the hell do reviews have to do with sales numbers. People bought madden every year a hell of a lot more over the 2K football series, it was getting better and better every year til it's pinnacle with 2K5. And then EA bought out the NFL license, thankfully this won't be the case with vehicle licenses :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Truespeed said:
I suppose you would agree that Halo/CoD >>> KZ2/Resistance/other sony games also?
Wii Party is the best game ever made.
This sales = better argument is used by both sides for various games really

Slayer-33 said:
What the hell do reviews have to do with sales numbers. People bought madden every year a hell of a lot more over the 2K football series, it was getting better and better every year til it's pinnacle with 2K5. And then EA bought out the NFL license, thankfully this won't be the case with vehicle licenses :lol
So? I could say the same thing about reviews. According to them, Gears of War 2 was a quality gaming experience (lol) and GTA IV is one of the greatest games of all time. It's a sloppy correlation either way.

Truespeed

Slayer-33 said:

Amazing logic

Don't take it too hard. Sales figures are certainly an indicator. Incidentally, your selective logic sort of ignored the game that has more going on.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Truespeed said:
Don't take it too hard. Sales figures are certainly an indicator. Incidentally, your selective logic sort of ignored the game that has more going on.
More what?

I tend to prefer quality across the board over quantity.

:lol @ the use of online graphical video glitches due to lag

Apath

user_nat said:
I suppose you would agree that Halo/CoD >>> KZ2/Resistance/other sony games also?
Well I'd say it's closer to Halo>KZ2=COD>Resistance 1>>>Resistance 2
but I've never played Resistance 2, so I can't say for sure.

Truespeed

user_nat said:
Wii Party is the best game ever made.
This sales = better argument is used by both sides for various games really

As someone that owns both consoles, yes I would agree Halo Reach > KZ2 and COD > Resistance.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
beast786 said:
:lol

Seems Forza is more of a comparison with Wipeout than GT
Looks like that weird online bug from a while back if you hit a weird bit of lag at the wrong time.

Are the GT5 shots also from online games?

Blame! said:
dont hate on stanrdard cars, some of them look pretty decent. :D

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/GranTurismo%205/TheTopGearTestTrack_3-3.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but photo mode can make anything look 100x better than it really is. Here's another standard.

/self-pimpage

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1ppY7.jpg

Granted it still looks pretty good in-game.

Truespeed

Slayer-33 said:
More what?

I tend to prefer quality across the board over quantity.

:lol @ the use of online graphical video glitches due to lag

Ah, the quality over quantity argument - always a deciding factor on which is the better game. Amazingly, GT5 has both.

cgcg

les papillons sexuels said:
those are mere graphical glitches, and even then it's only one car not 5 or 7 or however many we see in the screenshots.

:lol Oh how quickly for you to jump to Forza's defense. You must be smoking something serious if you think those GT5 pics aren't glitches.

Holy shit at that second Forza video. The car floated through the entire race. It must be few hundred feets off the ground at the highest. :lol :lol

Wait, does GT5 have a soccer mode like Forza 3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6Yg...eature=related

:lol That's freaking awful.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
cgcg said:
:lol Oh how quickly for you to jump to Forza's defense. You must be smoking something serious if you think those GT5 pics aren't glitches.

Holy shit at that second Forza video. The car floated through the entire race. It must be few hundred feets off the ground at the highest. :lol :lol
Didn't even take any damage either. Those Porsches are tough.

Top Bottom