• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Toxa

untitled-1jmc6k.gif

to bodly go where no forza has gone before

Ty4on

Ah, my mistake lol (I always thought they were jets). Thanks for the info.

I remember hearing many years ago some of my friends bragging about getting the jetcar in GT4 :p
Think it was on GAF I learned it was otherwise. It also sounds like a jet engine :p

Fuck, now you got me thinking about jet engines and I spent 20 minutes looking at stuff like this :(

Mobius 1

I disagree, even with the jaggies the smoke/dust looks much better then those ugly 2d sprites we see in pretty much every racing game.

And it's faux-volumetric, so shadows and light projected on the smoke and dust have dramatic visual effect. It's beautiful.

xam3l

I love your videos, xam3l..! Post some of your favourites, please.

Like the Crazy Taxi Vid?
Or the Blue Blur?

I have plenty more in my channel.

Don't have a playlist of favorites but I would recommend everyone to check this friend of mine DomesticMango.

This was something I was really looking for when GT5 launched. I was disappointed for such ambitious game doesn't even had a good replay mode or any capture feature.

You can have 1001 arguments to say GT>Forza. I just need one to choose one game over another. But right now I have fun with both and I don't care. Competition = Evolution.

nikos

And you can race at dusk in FM4. The headlights are just very dim.

fm4_hockenheim_dusk.gif

fm4_sunrise.gif

(Disclaimer: might be morning, not dusk. Can't remember).

Dawn and dusk should never be confused. If the game had a decent lighting engine, you'd be able to tell.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Gotta' love those midday sunsets ;)

Anyway, I've made a new one of these to spell it out again:

HnqjYUr.jpg

Horizon has an orange filter during all daylight times. it baffles me that I'm the only one here who can see it.

GetPhotoashx-3.jpg~original

Forza Horizon does not have a orange filter, the GI is tinted orange as you can easily see in the above picture.

Dawn and dusk should never be confused. If the game had a decent lighting engine, you'd be able to tell.

One of these are dawn and one is dusk... tell me which one?

to bodly go where no forza has gone before

What are you talking about? If it's the suspension movement you might want go get a car on Sebring in Forza 4...

Some people post huge frame rate gifs. It's those that are choking your internet (7MB+)

I make most of mine at 15fps to keep the size down (But at expense of smoothness)

HeliosT10

Some people post huge frame rate gifs. It's those that are choking your internet (7MB+)

I make most of mine at 15fps to keep the size down (But at expense of smoothness)

I know this thread is going to kill the data limit on my phone, but I just can't help refreshing it when I'm out :p

xam3l

That's just exceptional, I'm going to get in touch with the creator and see if he wants to be featured on In Focus :)

Actually if any neogaf members can recommend any other great Forza machinima creators I'd love to hear from you, either post in here or drop me a PM, I'm all ears!

It was you? I sent you an e-mail ;)
It wasn't the first time T10 approach me because of my videos. Just made my day. I am happy as hell!

I'll give GT this, I much prefer it's road cones.

Forza's all face exactly the same direction and they have a dark, blurry texture on them. Really gets on my goat.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I haven't been fooled a single time by any picture or gif in this thread or any other about them being real or not.

Games just aren't there yet, not even in photomode.

Top Bottom