• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Toxa

6916605733_f604c26f0f_b.jpg

6778842778_cfb104d3cf_b.jpg

yeah I know sometimes it looks real

saladine1

How do people feel about Forza's trailers and intros?

What kind of mood or theme would you like to see?

Turn 10's stuff seem to be sort of happy and fun or something like that. Sort of like Mascot's Kumbaya stuff.

Me, i'd rather something more serious, epic. Lots of fades and inception horns..lol

RiverBed

Banned
I want to get a sense of scale between GT, Forza and the driving sim sub genre in general in terms of damage FX. So what is the best example out there? I was impressed with Dirt, but I don't know how good Forza's is.

Gestault

I want to get a sense of scale between GT, Forza and the driving sim sub genre in general in terms of damage FX. So what is the best example out there? I was impressed with Dirt, but I don't know how good Forza's is.

Not as good as Dirt, unfortunately. It's pretty minimal. The sense of momentum for impacts (and the sound) isn't bad, and sometimes you get really cool moments of stuff flying off as a car rolls, but both Forza and GT5 are limited.

Turn 10's stuff seem to be sort of happy and fun or something like that. Sort of like Mascot's Kumbaya stuff.

Me, i'd rather something more serious, epic. Lots of fades and inception horns..lol

Yeah I'd like something a lot darker, the intro is too happy sounding.

Mascot

I know this much: the moody FM2 intro pisses all over the forced jollity of the FM4 intro.

FM2

FM4

(but the GT5 Spec 2.0 intro eats them both for breakfast - you might want to start at the 2 min mark)

GT5 Spec 2.0

Edit: actually, after further consideration the FM4 intro is pretty good. It's just that fucking music that's annoying.

MYE

ewww

saladine1

I know this much: the moody FM2 intro pisses all over the forced jollity of the FM4 intro.

FM2

FM4

(but the GT5 Spec 2.0 intro eats them both for breakfast - you might want to start at the 2 min mark)

GT5 Spec 2.0

Edit: actually, after further consideration the FM4 intro is pretty good. It's just that fucking music that's annoying.

I've always loved the FM2 trailers/intros, especially the dyno one.
But yeah, PD's stuff is always great.

Just checking through some 'realistic' FM4 shots. Not bad at all.

6236015829_d900cabfa1_z.jpg

6236618968_dfba3c1c3a_b.jpg

6241769496_30a3ab56e0_b.jpg

r3ZmmrD.jpg

Mascot

Guys were getting close to the end.....we should use the rest of the posts carefully to draw a conclusion that befits this epic thread.

My conclusions would be:

• Both games are epic.
  • Both games are awesome.
  • Both games have flaws.
  • People who own both are lucky.
  • People who own just one have no right to bad mouth the other.

Depends on what you expect out of the damage. If you're a casual arcade-sim player, then GT5's damage is poor, because the visual representation.

If you're a sim racer and want damage because it makes people race properly, and deal with consequences, then the damage is surprisingly good, if you play on strong settings.

One hit and you are out of contention, you have to pit to fix it. Of course lots of things should be added, like instant DNF's but it's a start.

Top Bottom