• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

imtehman

Banned
nib95 said:
Lol, quite funny. He picked the blurriest shot of GT5P known to mankind, and a near uncompressed PNG capture of F3. One image is 180k in size, and the other is 1.2mb. Lol.

quite funny is you getting sensitive about it :lol

Dartastic

Just tried the Forza demo. Played it a bit at E3 and it was super awesome, mostly because of the 3 screen/rumbling chair/wheel setup. But uh... I know the game isn't included in this comparison thread but... I have much more fun playing Need For Speed: Shift. o.0

need-for-speed_shift_03.jpg

...granted it doesn't have near the amount of cars, customization, etc., but I have a hell of a good time playing it.

by the time GT5 is out, all the forza fans will be moving on to something new, you really can't compare the two. maybe better graphics, but after 5 years you would hope so, but what about the two games forza fans enjoyed while gt5 waits? forza players are playing games, gt5 people are looking at screenshots.

Scottlarock said:
by the time GT5 is out, all the forza fans will be moving on to something new, you really can't compare the two. maybe better graphics, but after 5 years you would hope so, but what about the two games forza fans enjoyed while gt5 waits? forza players are playing games, gt5 people are looking at screenshots.

GT5P

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
anyone can make car models. Literally, anyone who knows how to model can make a fucking car model.

Half the fucktards I go to school with couldn't come up with an interesting concept to save their life, but if you looked at their portfolio 9/10 will have their favorite fucking sports car on there for you to ooh and ahhh over. Give me a fucking break.

It takes no fucking talent or creativity to copy the design of another human being into your vidja game, it just takes technical know-how and quite a time sink.

This is where GT5 and FMS3 differ TREMENDOUSLY. Forza looks like it was made by the same unimaginative fucktards that I go to school with. It's tepid, bland, and unintersting. It's a sim like any other sim.

Somehow, GT5 rises above that despite being even more dedicated to realism and having the exact same subject matter. It has style, grace, sophistication, and gushes with sheer love for driving that no other racing game could hope to match. Every single detail down to the fucking lugnuts is crafted with the utmost care a lover of automobiles could muster.

It's the reason GT takes half a decade to make and Forza comes around every fucking fiscal year.

KHarvey16

Kodiak said:
anyone can make car models. Literally, anyone who knows how to model can make a fucking car model.

Half the fucktards I go to school with couldn't come up with an interesting concept to save their life, but if you looked at their portfolio 9/10 will have their favorite fucking sports car on there for you to ooh and ahhh over. Give me a fucking break.

It takes no fucking talent or creativity to copy the design of another human being into your vidja game, it just takes technical know-how and quite a time sink.

This is where GT5 and FMS3 differ TREMENDOUSLY. Forza looks like it was made by the same unimaginative fucktards that I go to school with. It's tepid, bland, and unintersting. It's a sim like any other sim.

Somehow, GT5 rises above that despite being even more dedicated to realism and having the exact same subject matter. It has style, grace, sophistication, and gushes with sheer love for driving that no other racing game could hope to match. Ever single detail down to the fucking lugnuts is crafted with the utmost care a lover of automobiles could muster.

It's the reason GT takes half a decade to make and Forza comes around every fucking fiscal year.

Stay in school.

Kodiak said:

Somehow, GT5 rises above that despite being even more dedicated to realism and having the exact same subject matter. It has style, grace, sophistication, and gushes with sheer love for driving that no other racing game could hope to match. Every single detail down to the fucking lugnuts is crafted with the utmost care a lover of automobiles could muster.

awesome. hope this becomes a meme
this guy is a expert.

he said fucktards, oooohhhh!!!!!!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kodiak said:

Imagination is key. I also like how you think that your favorite game contains more love. It's adorable. You're adorable.

Kodiak said:
oh god how I long for a game exactly like brawl except with the addition of pretty much the cast of kingdom hearts.

Aaah. All makes sense now.

Kodiak said:

Love is also the reason it took half a decade to port GT3/4 to PSP? :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kodiak said:

Holy fuck.

Fucking lugnuts indeed.

Ninja: I can see this becoming the new "I'm an expert" meme.

You know, despite all the fanboy craziness in this thread, the most pathetic ones are the ones who come in and post about how much better they are than the other assholes who posted in the thread(on topic) before them.

akachan ningen said:
You know, despite all the fanboy craziness in this thread, the most pathetic ones are the ones who come in and post about how much better they are than the other assholes who posted in the thread(on topic) before them.
i agree.

Scottlarock said:
Why do Forza 3 fans even bother when they could be playing GRAN TURISMO 4? Don't stare at screens, go boot up your PS2 and have a blast.

The best things in life are worth waiting for, my friend.

longdi

Banned
Wow @ the turn of events! :lol
I might laugh at PD for taking their sweet ass time to fix the collision physics but if Turn10 did went out to mislead the world, that is so desperate to draw attention to their game.
GT5P wins the graphics war hands down.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
i always wondered what a fucktard was,

someone who fucks tards?... A fucking tard?... hmmmmm.. sounds good though in the heat of the moment...

Kinda like dickhead.. Is it just someone has a dick for a head?, or they are the head of a penis?...

deep stuff...

Chrange

Banned
longdi said:
Wow @ the turn of events! :lol
I might laugh at PD for taking their sweet ass time to fix the collision physics but if Turn10 did went out to mislead the world, that is so desperate to draw attention to their game.
GT5P wins the graphics war hands down.

I don't get this latest 'misleading' tact people are taking. I mean do you really think the GT5 shots being released are what the game looks like in gameplay? Turn 10 learned the 'release nothing but Photomode shots' strategy from PD :lol

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Why do Forza 3 fans even bother when they could be playing GRAN TURISMO 4? Don't stare at screens, go boot up your PS2 and have a blast.

The best things in life are worth waiting for, my friend.
nah, forza 3 is better, hell forza 2 is better than gt4. making GT in caps doesn't help anything, just FYI

Chrange said:
I don't get this latest 'misleading' tact people are taking. I mean do you really think the GT5 shots being released are what the game looks like in gameplay? Turn 10 learned the 'release nothing but Photomode shots' strategy from PD :lol
Have you played Prologue in 1080p?

longdi

Banned
Chrange said:

Thought the turn10 community manager got caught saying released shots represent gameplay graphics? That is where 'misleading' is from.

Chrange

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
Have you played Prologue in 1080p?

Yeah...are you honestly trying to claim that GAMEPLAY looks anything like this:

gran-turismo-5-20090924002031752.jpg

It just doesn't. Period. The lighting/shadows/reflections aren't as good. The AA isn't as high. The DOF isn't that exaggerated.

But Turn 10 is the only one 'misleading' gamers? Come on.

Criticize them for something real. :lol

Chrange said:

It just doesn't. Period. The lighting/shadows/reflections aren't as good. The AA isn't as high. The DOF isn't that exaggerated.

but they are GODS!

Chrange said:

Uh, it does in the replays. It also looks better than that in motion at 1080p. Both games look amazing in motion, in fact, but there is clearly some pre-calculated, ray-traced, HDR wizardry going on with GT5P's shaders.

Thats GT5, you haven't played it, so don't claim it doesn't look like that. Oh and Destructoid, those trees/trunks look embarrassing? Looks fine to me.

Chrange

Banned
dai said:
che flat out lied about the in-game graphics and photomode graphics being the same. i think that's why people are complaining.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16902781&postcount=4169
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16494589&postcount=2473

@Scottlarock: your mini-meltdown is hilarious.

My point is that photomode is basically the game engine paused, with added post-effects that you don't get during gameplay (some AA, motion blur, and DOF) but none of the other stuff you stated as fact.

Nobody read that part?

all serious-ness both games look great, GT has the advantage in cars and forza in terrain, but forza create 2 full games in the same time that GT5 came out with a demo. I will say again , while GT5 fans are waiting for their game, forza fans have played 2 full games. maybe it will be better, maybe not but forza fans are playing games while your waiting.

Chrange said:
Nobody read that part?
That's not the part that was being disputed - the model / texture swapping (which has been proven to occur) is what was "lied" about. Che was probably just misinformed as he is not a software engineer, nor something with much technical background based on his posting.

Most racing games do this for LOD, including Shift (which is ugly when details pop in at the start). However, in order to handle the increased fidelity of Forza 3 the model swapping happens more rigorously, plus I've personally watched cars "disappear" and pop back into existance while passing behind other vehicles. Not sure why, but it was during replay mode and I have not caught the same during gameplay.

dai said:
che flat out lied about the in-game graphics and photomode graphics being the same. i think that's why people are complaining.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16902781&postcount=4169
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16494589&postcount=2473

@Scottlarock: your mini-meltdown is hilarious.
mini meltdown? okay dude.

edit: don't be mad because we are playing our awesome game while you wait until march/? (hopefully) not like GT ever gets delayed to play yours.

senahorse

xenorevlis said:
That's not the part that was being disputed - the model / texture swapping (which has been proven to occur) is what was "lied" about. Che was probably just misinformed as he is not a software engineer, nor something with much technical background based on his posting.

That's how I see it. Just been playing the demo and it looks amazing to me, if GT5 looks better than this, well great, but if this (F3) is the benchmark, I am just as happy.

Edit: the only thing I would like Forza to do better is the AA, what is F3 using, 2XAA?

DogWelder

akachan ningen said:
Nope, the fanboys are definitely more pathetic. You just don't have the objectivity to see it.

P.S. I am better than you all.

x3n05 said:
That's how I see it. Just been playing the demo and it looks amazing to me, if GT5 looks better than this, well great, but if this (F3) is the benchmark, I am just as happy.
Thats great, and all the more power to it, but this thread (AFAIK) is for shits and giggles and console loyalists battling it out. Definitely fun to read.

Me? I don't own a 360, but I play 360 every week at my friends' places. Also, I worked on Prologue as a tester so technically I could be considered biased... AGAINST GT :lol

Still, when some of the stuff being thrown around is just absurdly wrong I try my best to set the record straight and alleviate the bickering about "facts" that don't actually exist.

EDIT - Yes I believe Forza is using 2xAA, and either 4xMSAA or something software based for photomode.

KHarvey16

xenorevlis said:
Still, when some of the stuff being thrown around is just absurdly wrong I try my best to set the record straight and alleviate the bickering about "facts" that don't actually exist.

Got your work cut out for you :lol.

Mobius 1

Amazing, this thread :lol

It will end up ripping the time space continuum fabric because it goes in circles every other page. :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom