• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From the Forza thread, the Fanatec wheel is in final production and has some added features:

Psychotext said:
Don't know if this has been linked yet... but here's the features they added to the Fanatec wheel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hzx6iUnB4k

I can't wait. :D

Here's the new features mentioned:

1. USB connection cable

On PC/ PS3 you now have the option to choose between a wired or a wireless connection. This feature is standard on all versions of the wheel.

(If you now consider to cancel the order of your wireless dongle you are free to do so but please note that you need to cancel the complete order and reorder again due to technical reasons.)

2. DriftMode

We now have the driftmode implemented into firmware so you can use it also on the consoles without the driver

3. ABS vibration

In the firmware you can choose a percentage of brake force on which the vibration motors of the wheel and the CSP will be activated. This helps you to find the optimal brake force easily. Compatible to all games on all platforms!
Sounds like the latter 2 new features are done independent of game, so should work on all games on all platforms (though the ABS vibration one I'm guessing requires that the game at least support FFB in some fashion during braking).

XiaNaphryz

Interfectum said:
Nailed it.

If Forza 3 physics are considered some kind of gold standard then I'll quit racing games altogether.

fm3235.gif

fm3dog438.gif
I though that was an entirely user driven bit where the guy's just playing with the "right your vehicle after a rollover" controls, and not at all due to the physics on its own?

Oh wait, troll thread. Carry on. :lol

Interfectum

XiaNaphryz said:
I though that was an entirely user driven bit where the guy's just playing with the "right your vehicle after a rollover" controls, and not at all due to the physics on its own?

The dog or the car?

DarkJC

XiaNaphryz said:
Sounds like the latter 2 new features are done independent of game, so should work on all games on all platforms (though the ABS vibration one I'm guessing requires that the game at least support FFB in some fashion during braking).

I'm pretty sure the ABS vibration doesn't require any in-game support whatsoever. Sounds like you set a threshold and then whenever you brake past the threshold, it starts the vibration.

KHarvey16 said:
I'll give you the same answer I gave someone else: forgive me for focusing on the huge gaping chasm letting the water flood in and ignoring the tiny drip in the corner. This thread is Sony/GT troll central and denying that requires some kind of strange delusion.

And you accusing Iknos is fucking hilarious.

Excuses. Do you even have a Ps3? I doubt it. Truth hurts man. I'm just saying it as I see it. You're as much a fanboy as anyone else in this thread. Simply hiding behind poorly thought out excuses such as "there's just way too many GT trolls in here" So I have to be on the other side of the fence protecting FM3 from bs claims and have to right those bs claims :lol :lol , what the fuck is that? Just shows how much you are invested in this shit as any other fanboy. Stop saying you aren't. It makes you a worse tool than you already are when you are trying so hard to hide it.

Fucking baby. :lol

It's not like your posts have been objective and fair throughout this thread. Go read it yourself, I'd hate to go through your post history and quote you on stuff. Saves my time.

Thank you and with that, I hope I'm done with you. Hope everyone else sees your antiques.

Wrong on every point.

Of course I am, coming from you, duh. Everyone is. You have never admitted to being wrong when it comes to FM.

-Physics was one of Forza's strongest point. FM1 and FM2 didn't have spectacular graphics or a wide assortment of tracks to choose from...but it had very good physics that did more than what the GT series did but not quite as much as PC sims. FM2 dealt with tire temperatures and we hear from recent interviews that GT5 will soon include that feature as well. At the same time FM3 takes it a step further and looks not only at the surface tire temperature but also the internal gas temperature of the tire which affects tire pressure as it heats up. Indications are that FM3 will remain one step ahead.

No. Again, I keep saying it, it's a very controversial matter. You say FM2 had good physics? Better than what the GT series offered? All of em' or is there a specific title? From what I played of FM2, it's rubbish. I drive a car myself and FM2 does no way in hell simulate "good" physics. Are you fucking crazy? For some reason, mind explaining why do cars in FM2 end up oversteering all the time or most of the time? I could simply fly around corners so easily too, what's up with that? And not only that, for some damn reason, the tires have this glue on them because they seem to have super grip or something, glued to the fucking track, you know. Oh, not to mention, being able to spin out in FM2 having more to do with physics tweaked to allow for easy drifting over any principles of realism. FM2 did not have fucking "good" physics bro. Is this good physics to you? Um, not to me. So far, it's the same shit in FM3. Hell, in FM3 I didn't feel the weight of the car, the movement of the car, it didn't give me a good representation of the car I drove. So yeah, the physics in FM3 is not "good" as you said and it doesn't hold no weight.

And you still believe that FM3 will be one step ahead when it comes to physics when compared to GT5? To me, all the indications are leading to no conclusions here for you. Forza's physics case in point is not their strong point. Fuck.

Everyone seems to say that FM has a "good" physics engine and are giving it credit for it and at the same time, thrashing on GT's physics. If you plan on thrashing GT physics, you better sure as hell make sure FM has realistic physics simulated or else it doesn't compute. There is no such thing as "good" physics unless it is realistic, that's what people are comparing it too. Being a realistic sim. Get it? FM ain't a realistic racer. Get it? Since we're all talking about having a realistic sim. Therefore, FM does not have "good" physics.

-About collisions we've already talked about in this very thread how much more realistic FM's collisions are to GTs and I've already discussed that PD aims to improve the physics in GT5. You can claim that the collisions aren't superior in Forza but without any evidence your statement is completely meaningless. Everyone who has played both games both online and offline will agree to this.

Please tell me how is FM3 collisions realistic? Just tell me and I will refute with proper statements. You don't have any evidence either, your statement is completely meaningless as well bro. Listen, rollovers are not fucking realistic no matter what you say. Don't fucking defend every fucking flaw FM3 has. At least not how it was represented in the game. That shit is not realistic. Even in general, paint scraps, some parts falling off isn't REAL SHIT bro. I could into details but I am tired and it's late here.

-I've been defending Forza because it's been the only thing attacked with some outrageously incorrect crazy remarks. There is no need for me to defend GT because that isn't the point of this thread. The point is to troll Forza and I have come in when the trolling got ridiculous.

:lol :lol :lol And GT hasn't been attacked with some outrageously incorrect crazy remarks? Okay there. Save thet shit for someone else. People are also using this thread to troll the shit out of GT and I don't see you defending it. Please.

The level of stupidity in this thread is very very one sided and the "GT fans" here are holding that crown. I put "GT fans" in quotes because they really don't appreciate GT for anything other than it's visuals. They don't put in hundreds of hours into the game and collect the cars because if they really did they would appreciate and look forward to other PC and console sims. They would want to experience tracks like Spa found in sims like Supercar Challenge or want to be upgrade their cars with real world brand parts like in Forza Motorsport.

If these trolls really did play that much GT they would know that rollover is a welcome addition to console racing sims because they themselves have seen many instances in GT where the car should have flipped over but it was locked to a maximum pitch/roll/yaw angle because of manufacturer's constraints.

I digress...the point is I'm only responding to stupidity here. If you observe that in the end I seem to be responding to the trolls on Forza...then it says much more about which side is behaving in a nonsensical manner.

The same can be said for FM fans bro. What's your point? I'm only in here to point out Forza's so call fucking amazing physics engine is simply not what it is.

KHarvey16

FortunateSon said:
Excuses. Do you even have a Ps3? I doubt it. Truth hurts man. I'm just saying it as I see it. You're as much a fanboy as anyone else in this thread. Simply hiding behind poorly thought out excuses such as "there's just way too many GT trolls in here" So I have to be on the other side of the fence protecting FM3 from bs claims and have to right those bs claims :lol :lol , what the fuck is that? Just shows how much you are invested in this shit as any other fanboy. Stop saying you aren't. It makes you a worse tool than you already are when you are trying so hard to hide it.

Fucking baby. :lol

It's not like your posts have been objective and fair throughout this thread. Go read it yourself, I'd hate to go through your post history and quote you on stuff. Saves my time.

Thank you and with that, I hope I'm done with you. Hope everyone else sees your antiques.

Your desperate attempts to convince yourself everyone is just like you is truly very sad.

I've said it before and I'll repeat, slower, just for you. I will purchase a PS3 slim when GT5 is released. I promise. I'll give my impressions come release time just for you.

Now, just for the record and so I can cease to have any doubts about your insanity, are you arguing that the number of people trolling GT is equal to the number of people trolling Forza in here?

Oh, and I'm sure I'll regret this, but please, show me a completely biased reply by myself not in response to some stupid bullshit posted by one of the aforementioned trolls. And I really hope no one sees my antiques...whatever the fuck that means.

XiaNaphryz

DarkJC said:
I'm pretty sure the ABS vibration doesn't require any in-game support whatsoever. Sounds like you set a threshold and then whenever you brake past the threshold, it starts the vibration.
That makes sense. Excellent. :D

imtehman

Banned
Interfectum said:
Nailed it.

If Forza 3 physics are considered some kind of gold standard then I'll quit racing games altogether.

fm3235.gif

fm3dog438.gif

that puppy is soOoO cute.

Interfectum trolling Forza 3 24/7 as though he gets paid to do it? Not so much.

KHarvey16 said:
Your desperate attempts to convince yourself everyone is just like you is truly very sad.

I've said it before and I'll repeat, slower, just for you. I will purchase a PS3 slim when GT5 is released. I promise. I'll give my impressions come release time just for you.

Now, just for the record and so I can cease to have any doubts about your insanity, are you arguing that the number of people trolling GT is equal to the number of people trolling Forza in here?

Oh, and I'm sure I'll regret this, but please, show me a completely biased reply by myself not in response to some stupid bullshit posted by one of the aforementioned trolls. And I really hope no one sees my antiques...whatever the fuck that means.

FortunateSon is hardcore PS3 Fanboy. Don't waste your time.
XiaNaphryz said:

Oh wait, troll thread. Carry on. :lol

Its done by alternating the left and right triggers which are supposed to allow you to tip your car over as opposed to respawning. Apparently that proves the physics are broken :lol

Interfectum said:
Nailed it.

fm3235.gif

fm3dog438.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol

That dog is so cute.

I'll see your rocking car, and raise you one gif of two cars in Gran Turismo doing a great impression of dodgem cars...which I don't have on me. :lol

imtehman

Banned
akachan ningen said:
lol says the guy who defends it as though he gets paid to do it.

butthurt that i spoke badly about one of your fellow single console owning buddies?

did selective memory blind you of my posts that are for GT5 and against Forza 3?

Or should i do what posters like you do, that is, BE 100 percent for gt5?

SamBishop

Banned
I typed up a 1000 word plea to stop all this bullshit, but instead I think I'll just post the end:

FUCK.

This thread is pure retardation.

SamBishop said:
I typed up a 1000 word plea to stop all this bullshit, but instead I think I'll just post the end:

FUCK.

It certainly is living up to the title. Somewhere out there, Jesus is indeed crying.

Schrade

SamBishop said:

FUCK.

Sam, this thread is pure comedy, come on!

Recoil

2 Minutes Turkish said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

That dog is so cute.

I'll see your rocking car, and raise you one gif of two cars in Gran Turismo doing a great impression of dodgem cars...which I don't have on me. :lol

a1ixif.jpg

v6mef9.gif

?

That spinning Ferrari is a bad sign, since that very same behavior has been there since GT3, which tells us of PD's copy-paste mentality in everything except graphics. I wish they'd make a game with PD's graphics and Turn10's gameplay.

nib95

Banned
jakonovski said:
That spinning Ferrari is a bad sign, since that very same behavior has been there since GT3, which tells us of PD's copy-paste mentality in everything except graphics.

If you'd actually played GT5P, you'd know that wasn't entirely true. My guess is the collision physics engine remained roughly the same. But the actual handling/driving physics/mechanics are a world apart. You play GT5P in pro sim mode with assists of and/or with limited downforce and then play GT4. It's like they're different games.

Hopefully GT5 solves the last few pieces of the puzzle with further improved AI, and of course, collision physics/damage. Hopefully not cosmetic focused but physics based too, with deformation et all. Though I realise that's asking a lot.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
When you guys talk physics I though you meant the driving physics. The physic that matters.

I guess I'm wrong because all I see in this topic is how a car crashes into a wall. Woopty doo, if that happens all the time for you, its better to chose another game. Perhaps NFS.

Anyway

GT5: Prologue with G25 in simulator mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U

nib95 said:
If you'd actually played GT5P, you'd know that wasn't entirely true. My guess is the collision physics engine remained roughly the same. But the actual handling/driving physics/mechanics are a world apart. You play GT5P in pro sim mode with assists of and/or with limited downforce and then play GT4. It's like they're different games.

Hopefully GT5 solves the last few pieces of the puzzle with further improved AI, and of course, collision physics/damage. Hopefully not cosmetic focused but physics based too, with deformation et all. Though I realise that's asking a lot.

Welp, GT4 was a low point in driving physics, so even going back to GT3 level would be an improvement.

Interfectum

The gold standard in physics according to Forza fanatics in this thread

124c2v8.jpg

fm3235.gif

fm3dog438.gif

5b6650.gif

15ph936.jpg

It's obvious Forza 3's physics are nothing special but since it's been obliterated visually by GT5 it's all that they have left to cling to

FortunateSon said:
I drive a car myself and FM2 does no way in hell simulate "good" physics.

:lol :lol :lol

I fire off rockets on New Years Eve, and no way in hell do NASA simulate their spaceshuttle "good" in their test machines.

Interfectum said:
The gold standard in physics according to Forza fanatics in this thread

124c2v8.jpg

5b6650.gif

15ph936.jpg

It's obvious Forza 3's physics are nothing special but since it's been obliterated visually by GT5 it's all that they have left to cling to
that tony hawk gif is fucking hilarious.

equap

Banned
spyshagg said:
When you guys talk physics I though you meant the driving physics. The physic that matters.

I guess I'm wrong because all I see in this topic is how a car crashes into a wall. Woopty doo, if that happens all the time for you, its better to chose another game. Perhaps NFS.

Anyway

GT5: Prologue with G25 in simulator mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U
maaan that guy is good.

or Burnout.

senahorse

imtehman said:
that puppy is soOoO cute.

Interfectum trolling Forza 3 24/7 as though he gets paid to do it? Not so much.

Well in his defence, you need something to pass the time when waiting year after year after for the next GT game.

Arucardo

They can compare and troll all they want after Forza 3 is released and the rest of us will be playing it (oh no, I posted in this thread...I'm ashamed).

Lucius86

Banned
FortunateSon said:
I drive a car myself and FM2 does no way in hell simulate "good" physics.

:lol :lol :lol

Sorry, that was quite possibly the silliest thing I have read. You make it sound cars are like gold dust!

:lol

Top Bottom