• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

monsterhillclimboh2ob.png

Final Standings

Clean
1 Seanspeed 12/9/2011 00:04:27.234
2 LoopOfHenle 12/16/2011 00:04:27.351
3 Dead Poul 12/7/2011 00:04:28.567
4 British Meat 12/15/2011 00:04:31.883
5 Big Takeover 12/9/2011 00:04:35.466
6 Shortt Sirket 12/7/2011 00:04:46.933
7 P3tRaN 12/8/2011 00:04:48.438
8 DivineRage002 12/13/2011 00:04:52.601

Dirty
9 Granholme 12/14/2011 00:04:37
10 Union 360 12/8/2011 00:04:37.828
11 sh4dowkhass 12/7/2011 00:04:39.616
12 OnkelZee 12/10/2011 00:04:40.216
13 CrudeDiatribe 12/6/2011 00:04:40.991
14 primord 12/7/2011 00:04:44.600
15 oODHOo 12/6/2011 00:04:45.985
16 sneaky77 12/11/2011 00:04:49.692
17 munkeyhero 12/8/2011 00:04:51.083
18 syffitf 12/8/2011 00:04:51.876
19 amar212 12/12/2011 00:04:56.713
21 Mil6esSiR 12/14/2011 00:05:11.779

I will be sending out prizes this afternoon and tonight. Congrats to SeanSpeed for (barely) kicking some ass!

Seanspeed

Banned
1 Seanspeed 12/9/2011 00:04:27.234
2 LoopOfHenle 12/16/2011 00:04:27.351

Oh damn! lol

Setting a clean lap was tough with this one. Probably why it wasn't as popular. I think I actually brushed a wall just slightly on my best lap, but was lucky enough not to invalidate the time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Oh damn! lol

Setting a clean lap was tough with this one. Probably why it wasn't as popular. I think I actually brushed a wall just slightly on my best lap, but was lucky enough not to invalidate the time.

yeah, that happened to me more then a few times.

good time btw, especially for setting it so early (and likely with few runs). i think i coulda made up at least a second, maybe two, if i could nail the hairpin section perfectly, but i really struggled with how to tackle it as fast as possible.

You sure you don't want to join us for all the events? It'll be a touch difficult to pinpoint exactly when that race will start. Not saying you can't do what you prefer, just a fair warning.
I could prolly manage all of them actually, been wanting some real racing online so yea, lets plan on me doing them all. Oh and can I get the miata livery?

SarBear

so do I only need the gaf racing number box, and customize the rest of the car in my own way?

Take the base livery. You can edit colors, add groups, remove a small portion of groups, etc. Still, I would like to be able to know it's a GAF livery. And you may move the number box around however you see fit.

Take the base livery. You can edit colors, add groups, remove a small portion of groups, etc. Still, I would like to be able to know it's a GAF livery. And you may move the number box around however you see fit.
ok, how do I go about editing the livery design colors?
oh and I officially picked my classic, like to keep things nice and simple sometimes :)
IYEwJ.jpg

SarBear

When you go to edit the livery, select the layer group and choose "ungroup layer." Along those words....something like that.

MJLord

seen as it feels like I'm the only brit racing at the moment I thought I'd represent with the Aston Martin DB5 Vantage. :D Watch out for this beast come sunday I managed to completely remove the body roll with stiffer suspension and anti roll bars, so now it handles like a dream.

6527596823_8bd0c1d56e_b.jpg

gragy10

seen as it feels like I'm the only brit racing at the moment I thought I'd represent with the Aston Martin DB5 Vantage. :D Watch out for this beast come sunday I managed to completely remove the body roll with stiffer suspension and anti roll bars, so now it handles like a dream.

6527596823_8bd0c1d56e_b.jpg

UKGAF unite!
( i couldn't afford an Aston Martin :( )

So stop? I only have like 3 or 4 check marks on the Event List.

I wonder how many people are bothering with the Event List, let alone finishing it. Currently I'm doing some D-class events on the event list, and I've noticed only around 20,000 players on the leaderboards for the tracks involved.

Seanspeed

Banned
Still havne't built any cars yet. lol

Wanted to say, though: I think its great we've got a tight little community going on here. I'd be happy just playing with randoms online, but having a bunch of people together really makes the Forza experience something so much better than anyhing that other racing game could acheive. The community aspects of Forza really make this game so incredible.

So thanks guys. Lets keep this going. It may not be the largest community, but quality over quantiaty anyday.

Muerte_X

So...I didn't know you could actually look up what cars were GT2 within the game. So I looked up what GT2 cars there were online, and matched them up to what Forza had, lol. I guess in retrospect, was a lot of work.

The viper I've been practicing with is a GT2 in real life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper#Viper_Competition_Coupe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Primetime_Viper_CC.jpg

in 2008, it was definitely a GT2 car http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_American_Le_Mans_Series_season#GT2_standings

It even says GT2 on the car's stock livery...

Is it okay for me to use this car in tomorrow's race? I guess technically the game has it classified as a GT3 in the game, even though it's not really. I just don't want to buy , mod, and learn another car before then.

nagge

So...I didn't know you could actually look up what cars were GT2 within the game. So I looked up what GT2 cars there were online, and matched them up to what Forza had, lol. I guess in retrospect, was a lot of work.

The viper I've been practicing with is a GT2 in real life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper#Viper_Competition_Coupe

in 2008, it was definitely a GT2 car http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_American_Le_Mans_Series_season#GT2_standings

Is it okay for me to use this car in tomorrow's race? I guess technically the game has it classified as a GT3 in the game, even though it's not really. I just don't want to buy , mod, and learn another car before then.

I don't see a problem with using that car, unless you win, then I see all sorts of problems ;)

Just make sure in the future to really check that the car is eligible. For instance the last race at Laguna still had people running the miata without a rollcage as per the instructions.

I guess you will have to wait for shortt or sarbear for a final verdict on the car choice however.

The Stig

Im with muerte, I was able to get the game to list those cars. So its basically, viper, ford gt, bmw m3 or ferrari 458/430

Im probably going with the ford gt, maybe with a gulf livery.

Muerte_X

I don't see a problem with using that car, unless you win, then I see all sorts of problems ;)

Just make sure in the future to really check that the car is eligible. For instance the last race at Laguna still had people running the miata without a rollcage as per the instructions.

I guess you will have to wait for shortt or sarbear for a final verdict on the car choice however.

Haha, I doubt I'll win with it. My laptimes with it aren't anything great.

Well, I was paying attention, I just didn't know the game told you which cars it has as GT2 cars. In real life, that Viper is a GT2 car, but the game is wrong. But I understand what you mean, and I should've asked sooner. Yeah, I'll wait to hear from one of the guys in charge and see what they decide.

Im with muerte, I was able to get the game to list those cars. So its basically, viper, ford gt, bmw m3 or ferrari 458/430

Im probably going with the ford gt, maybe with a gulf livery.

There's also a Panoz and a Jaguar you can use.

SarBear

Let me know when you're online.

Still havne't built any cars yet. lol

Wanted to say, though: I think its great we've got a tight little community going on here. I'd be happy just playing with randoms online, but having a bunch of people together really makes the Forza experience something so much better than anyhing that other racing game could acheive. The community aspects of Forza really make this game so incredible.

So thanks guys. Lets keep this going. It may not be the largest community, but quality over quantiaty anyday.

I think you drank that toxic eggnog. =_)

Agreed, however. You never understand how fast you are until you're around some real competition.

6507114251_98b27ca202_z.jpg

This Sunday, December 18th, GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for off-roading, thousands (lol, more like a couple hundred with that D class) of horsepower, impossible passes, nail biting accuracy, and running commentary from your favorite forum members! This is the second week of our racing league, so continue the awesome support, GAF!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...

EVENT TYPES (3):

Mazda bei die Hockenheimring!! - Help, I can't see past the bloom!! Better wear your Ray Bans, gentlemen. Because we're racing on a very unforgiving course here. Don't think so? Take a bad race line, and watch your position drop. Hope you finish the race before the sun sets....

Track
  • Hockenheimring (full circuit) - 10 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

European Classics - You call em classic, I call em ____. Either way, give a mild performance boost to your favorite classic auto and hit the hills of Camino Viejo de Monsterrat. We know some of you are ballin, so let's see those rides you've had restored to showroom quality.

Track
  • Camino Viejo de Monsterrat (full circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - D 350
  • Country must be Europe (or sold to European market)
  • Year must be 1960 - 1980

Serously....what's in Wisconsin? - Well, there's.....and.....and then......ok, but still, that's where we're headed next on our racing tour. Tackle Elkhart Lake's Road America in your most desirable (i.e. managenable) GT2 car! Buy a livery for this one folks, you don't wanna be caught sportin the same one as your rival, do you? This one is sure to test those who have a lead foot. Better watch it, these beasts don't know how to act when given too much gas....

Track
  • Road America - 10 laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R3 800
  • Body Style - GT2

PRIZES

Winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall in day's events
Prize: Unicorn of choice

BONUS!:

TBD

Players (Miata Number):

Sarbear (3)
Shortt Sirket (25)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Granholme (27)
Muerte X (8)
retroBrand (17)
Seanspeed (21)
Ox Nagge (33)
Union 0015 (15) 
Soundscream (13)
P3Tran
The Stig (00)
Big Takeover (77)
Mr Nightman (88)
MJLord (93)

Reserve:

cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
op_ivy (nope 12/18)
Sneaky77 (nope 12/18)
Zorbsie (31) (nope 12/18)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

Re-posting for new day.

MJLord

Guys im not going to be able to make it tonight after all :( I will share the DB5 so anyone without a car can compete in the euro classic race, or you can check it out at your leisure.

Sorry again, catch you next week

SarBear

We really have to clean out the club. So many people who don't play anymore. Wonder why Turn10 only gave kicking privileges to the club leader and not even the OPTION to co-leaders? -__-

Arucardo

We really have to clean out the club. So many people who don't play anymore. Wonder why Turn10 only gave kicking privileges to the club leader and not even the OPTION to co-leaders? -__-

Better not kick me :p I'm still making progress slowly but surely. Can't wait to race with you guys over the xmas/new year break.

The Stig

it was fun. however I sucked so bad I quit partway thru the 2nd race. sry guys. My cars were so slow and/or I sucked v bad.

Top Bottom