• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

Yeah, one of my designs, but none of those you've seen so far it was made just for them. I'll give more details when I know everything for sure :)

This is beautiful. Just beautiful. I hope everything follows through and it lands you some sort of long term contract, man.

sneaky77

Hey guys, I don't want to say it yet, cause the deal isn't 100% sure, more like 90% but I just tell you that something that was born in Forza 4 might end up on the real car in the real race series. I will know for sure at the begging of January and if everything goes right I give you more details then, cross your fingers :)

That's awesome, good job

Here are my cars for Sunday! Can you guys FEEL the mediocrity???

Mk2.jpg

Panoz.jpg

If anyone wants in on some Cadillac-spec racing, or some R1 or F class stuff, let me know.

I'm now going to get a glass of milk. Hey SarBear.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hey guys, I don't want to say it yet, cause the deal isn't 100% sure, more like 90% but I just tell you that something that was born in Forza 4 might end up on the real car in the real race series. I will know for sure at the begging of January and if everything goes right I give you more details then, cross your fingers :)

Hell yea man. How awesome would it be to have all this time painting in Forza pay off like that? I mean, thats some real shit dude.

I've gotta admit - I've only bought one of your liveries. Not because I'm not massively impressed by what you've designed, but because your stuff is so inevitably popular and I like to trawl through the Storefront to find awesome designs that aren't getting much love. But your stuff is seriously good. Your white/carbon Z4 race car was a must-buy for me. And while I didn't get your RX-8 livery, I did download the tune for it from one of your other members and it was really awesome. Won a race with it in our league.

Anyways, best of luck to ya man. Sounds like a dream.

/kiss ass

Anyways!.......still haven't build a single car since finding out the Alfa Spider wasn't eligible. Got a lot of work to do tomorrow.

EDIT: SarBear, thank you.

so what exactly classifies the gt2 body cars? Any lists of said cars by chance?

Go to 'buy cars', search for R3, then when back at the list, hit 'x' and then hit 'RB' till you select body style, sort with 'x', then 'y'. Scroll up to GT2 and hit A. To the left are GT2 cars (until you hit the stock cars).

Hello guys, here is the moment that I've been waiting for. After countless hours of searching and working on this paint it's finally done. I never spent so much time making a paint, this one was by far the hardest and most demanding designs I ever made. There were a few factors like layer limit, source pictures etc. that made this paint so time consuming and difficult but I promised myself I won't give up and I'll do everything to finish it. Guys if you go for it please remember to rate it,if the paint does good I'm gonna bring more awesome old NASCAR paints.

Ladies and gentleman here it is, a replica of 2002 #8 JR Motorsports Gossamer/Looney Tunes Rematch Chevy Monte Carlo, enjoy.

Cheers HD

6524303815_1af1ab9cf5_z.jpg

6524303819_5d24ed1ce6_z.jpg

6524303823_2ae597bbee_z.jpg

6524303825_b2197be4af_z.jpg

6524303831_ac66d64dd3_z.jpg

6524304619_aeb00fa36d_z.jpg

6524303837_7d5160dda6_z.jpg

nagge

How about limiting the number of participants to 14 until the servers are fixed? They always seem to crash when ever the lobby is full. Just want to avoid last Sundays dragged out affair.

SarBear

ok well I'm thinking of joining you guys sunday at least for the gt2 race, heres my baby I plan to use
(extremely balsy ford car)

You sure you don't want to join us for all the events? It'll be a touch difficult to pinpoint exactly when that race will start. Not saying you can't do what you prefer, just a fair warning.

How about limiting the number of participants to 14 until the servers are fixed? They always seem to crash when ever the lobby is full. Just want to avoid last Sundays dragged out affair

We're only at 12 people right now anyway :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
can we get the final race standings for this?

monsterhillclimboh2ob.png

competition never seemed to heat up all that much, and i've been pretty sick since yesterday and didnt get to better my time, but its been one of the more enjoyable rivals yet IMO

sneaky77

You sure you don't want to join us for all the events? It'll be a touch difficult to pinpoint exactly when that race will start. Not saying you can't do what you prefer, just a fair warning.

We're only at 12 people right now anyway :p

damn dude.. you and your avatars..

I just got wet.

Haha, Panoz fan?

competition never seemed to heat up all that much, and i've been pretty sick since yesterday and didnt get to better my time, but its been one of the more enjoyable rivals yet IMO

Yeah, when I get near a decent computer I will update the winners and the prizes. I loved this event and was surprised it wasn't more competitive. Oh well.

op_ivy

I set a decent lap, and actually sat down yesterday to beat that time.......but someone got in the way of that.

i kept waiting for you AND big takeover to leap frog me for an epic high climb battle, but it never materialized :(

i kept waiting for you AND big takeover to leap frog me for an epic high climb battle, but it never materialized :(

To be honest, I just didn't like the Suzuki very much. It didn't jive with me, so I only did a few runs.

I'm officially throwing my hat into the ring for tomorrow's races. I wasn't sure I'd be around, but I will be. I need to quickly throw together some contenders.

SarBear

6507114251_98b27ca202_z.jpg

This Sunday, December 18th, GAF Racing Club is eager to extend a competitive race outing to all those affiliated with our club! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for off-roading, thousands (lol, more like a couple hundred with that D class) of horsepower, impossible passes, nail biting accuracy, and running commentary from your favorite forum members! This is the second week of our racing league, so continue the awesome support, GAF!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (3):

Mazda bei die Hockenheimring!! - Help, I can't see past the bloom!! Better wear your Ray Bans, gentlemen. Because we're racing on a very unforgiving course here. Don't think so? Take a bad race line, and watch your position drop. Hope you finish the race before the sun sets....

Track
  • Hockenheimring (full circuit) - 10 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

European Classics - You call em classic, I call em ____. Either way, give a mild performance boost to your favorite classic auto and hit the hills of Camino Viejo de Monsterrat. We know some of you are ballin, so let's see those rides you've had restored to showroom quality.

Track
  • Camino Viejo de Monsterrat (full circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - D 350
  • Country must be Europe (or sold to European market)
  • Year must be 1960 - 1980

Serously....what's in Wisconsin? - Well, there's.....and.....and then......ok, but still, that's where we're headed next on our racing tour. Tackle Elkhart Lake's Road America in your most desirable (i.e. managenable) GT2 car! Buy a livery for this one folks, you don't wanna be caught sportin the same one as your rival, do you? This one is sure to test those who have a lead foot. Better watch it, these beasts don't know how to act when given too much gas....

Track
  • Road America - 10 laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R3 800
  • Body Style - GT2

PRIZES

Winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place overall in day's events
Prize: Unicorn of choice

BONUS!:

TBD

Players (Miata Number):

Sarbear (3)
Shortt Sirket (25)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Granholme (27)
Muerte X (8)
retroBrand (17)
Seanspeed (21)
Ox Nagge (33)
Union 0015 (15) 
Soundscream (13)
P3Tran
The Stig (00)
Big Takeover (77)
Mr Nightman (88)
MJLord (93)

Reserve:

cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
op_ivy (nope 12/18)
Sneaky77 (nope 12/18)
Zorbsie (31) (nope 12/18)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

The Stig

someone send me the miata skin, pretty please?

I dont do miatas much, is there a particular gen I should go for?

edit - and can it be any miata?

The Stig

ok cool.

i want to put a nice design on my other cars, but theyre all locked so I cant edit the number on there. so disappointing.

I dont design on cars, not my thing

edit - and its 94 miata, mine is painted and numbered.

what cars are people using for the 1960-80 challenge? I was thinking a stratos or maybe a lotus esprit?

The Stig

you can check yourself in game, isnt that right?

op_ivy

you can check yourself in game, isnt that right?

yeah, i'm not part of the gaf car club though, so its tough to see final standings if you arent on my friends list. pretty sure i came in second, just a hair behind seanspeed, but i'd like to see how everyone staked up. based on the sheer number of posts on this rivals challenge (sarcasm) i'd imagine the times are basically unchanged since they were last posted, iirc, on the 13th

SarBear

yeah, i'm not part of the gaf car club though, so its tough to see final standings if you arent on my friends list. pretty sure i came in second, just a hair behind seanspeed, but i'd like to see how everyone staked up. based on the sheer number of posts on this rivals challenge (sarcasm) i'd imagine the times are basically unchanged since they were last posted, iirc, on the 13th

>=(

The Stig

whats ur tag? Ill let you know.

op_ivy

whats ur tag? Ill let you know.

LoopOfHenle

and you guys playing tag? i'd like to join up in a bit if your still around. i'll post when i'm available and maybe we can get some tag/soccer/something in

The Stig

LoopOfHenle

and you guys playing tag? i'd like to join up in a bit if your still around. i'll post when i'm available and maybe we can get some tag/soccer/something in

oh wait, youre not in the club? why did I ask that?

Im not sure how I could get a comprehensive list.

edit - for sarbear, as for my gaf livery, I have edited it to include my number. Can I play around with it further than that or are we in uniform?

Id like to try some different colors (never really tried designing until now lol)

SarBear

edit - for sarbear, as for my gaf livery, I have edited it to include my number. Can I play around with it further than that or are we in uniform?

Id like to try some different colors (never really tried designing until now lol)

I encourage you to play around with your livery!

op_ivy

pretty quick and easy to edit a livery. remember to use the right trigger to mark shapes so that you can edit multiple ones at once - for example, selecting all orange shapes to change the design's color scheme from orange to something else

Top Bottom