• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Will you be starting the league again at any point or are you still accepting new members? I finally get broadband back after 3 months of not having internet access on Thursday, and while I haven't posted here much I have been quite the lurker.

Would definitely be interesting in joining in on the league if possible?

Roger, but SS was looking for a couple of bad enough dudes to tackle the tarmac on sunday, sign me up SON

That is true. I have been shooting an idea with SarBear that might end up as our Unofficial Race on Sunday if its a bit too "much" for the normal races. If we keep that idea for the official race, I have other ideas. We should have more information up today.

Seanspeed

Banned
Roger, but SS was looking for a couple of bad enough dudes to tackle the tarmac on sunday, sign me up SON
I might want to race, but I'm not sure what my Christmas plans are. My closest family is 2000 miles away, but I might be going to dinner with my roommate's family.

Also, you might want to use something other than 'SS', considering we've got Soundscream, Seanspeed and Short Sirkett. ;)

I've got a few pics from the 2nd race, but I need to not be lazy and download and upload them...

Mascot

I was/am. But there's too many reasons why I don't want to back into it. So I'm learning something less political.

Aha! I'm not going mad then. Good luck with the new vocation, and kudos for making the change - It's never an easy decision to leave your comfort zone and deviate from an established career path.

Union and I had a nice little battle early on. Good fun, man! Sorry we meet up later under worse circumstances.

Yeah I couldn't even talk during the Miata race because I was so focused. :D Lots of great battles. Guess I should actually make an attempt to tune my car. It's got some power on the straights but the handling is junk; too much throttle and the back comes out.

And I apologize for smacking into someone on that hairpin...went in too hot and locked the brakes.

Seanspeed

Banned
....did you get into Seanspeed's eggnog?
I honestly dont even remember telling you about that shit. I never even got around to taking it back, so the carton is still sitting on my back porch. At this point, its a practical joke waiting to happen. Had people over last night, but nobody would drink it. I wont give up the mission.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i wont be on sunday, but if you see me playing forza this week, and want to play together, shoot me an invite or msg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How the hell do you unlock more cars in the Auto Vista mode?

the cars you start with - go to the interior and there should be an icon on the steering wheel for that cars "challenge". beating those gets you new cars

SarBear

I honestly dont even remember telling you about that shit. I never even got around to taking it back, so the carton is still sitting on my back porch. At this point, its a practical joke waiting to happen. Had people over last night, but nobody would drink it. I wont give up the mission.

I can only pray we're racing together when one of your buddies takes a drink. I think this MIGHT topple the domestic dispute we all heard from buzykitty. God, that was something!

Muerte_X

With the way things are looking, I'll probably be around on Sunday to race. I'm going to try my damnedest to not be home alone on Christmas though, lol.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm going to try my damnedest to not be home alone on Christmas though, lol.

VF31D.jpg

T7K47.png

caramac

Are their any plans to have some sort of rivals/hotlap event to run over the Christmas break? I finish work tomorrow and dont start back until the new year. \o/

My CSR-Elite should arrive on the 23rd an I can't wait, I've been lost without a wheel as I rarely play anything but driving games (badly) can't believe I forgot to order a fucking wheelstand though.

Joates

Banned
Ok guys, please help me out here. I just hooked up my CSR wheel to my 360 and it seems to be stuck in 270 degree mode, and I cant seem to find out how to activate the clutch, which is ironic because before I had the wheel setup I remember there being an option for the clutch.

Please help!

Ok, crisis averted, better question, how am I supposed to calibrate the H-gate shifter?

Raudi

I have to use this "procedure" to actually get ANY Fanatec wheel to work properly in game:

1. Power up XBOX to Dashboard
2. Power on Wheel at any SEN > 270 (ie: 400)
3. Run a quick race
4. Pause game and power off wheel
5. Power on wheel at any SEN <270 and hit guide button to sync (ie: 250)
6. Unpause game and drive car to confirm 250 Degrees
7. Now I can change back to my preferred 400 Degree setting and note the difference.

Not sure why I have to go through this process every time but had to do it with PWTS and now CSR-E in FM4

As for clutch issue - you probably need to update the firmware to 715 as my shift paddles didn't work in FM4 until I updated.

SarBear

I have to use this "procedure" to actually get ANY Fanatec wheel to work properly in game:

1. Power up XBOX to Dashboard
2. Power on Wheel at any SEN > 270 (ie: 400)
3. Run a quick race
4. Pause game and power off wheel
5. Power on wheel at any SEN <270 and hit guide button to sync (ie: 250)
6. Unpause game and drive car to confirm 250 Degrees
7. Now I can change back to my preferred 400 Degree setting and note the difference.

Not sure why I have to go through this process every time but had to do it with PWTS and now CSR-E in FM4

As for clutch issue - you probably need to update the firmware to 715 as my shift paddles didn't work in FM4 until I updated.

Are you affiliated with a car club yet, Raudi?

SarBear

holy shit the menu music in this game is great

Bro, just wait until you join the GAF club and race online every week. Shit gets amazing. Watch out for this asshole named "Dead Poul," however. He's a sneaky sumbitch. He'll bait you into racing with him for cash. DO NOT LET HIM RACE YOU WITH A FERRARI! It's a god damned hustle!

Raudi

Bro, just wait until you join the GAF club and race online every week. Shit gets amazing. Watch out for this asshole named "Dead Poul," however. He's a sneaky sumbitch. He'll bait you into racing with him for cash. DO NOT LET HIM RACE YOU WITH A FERRARI! It's a god damned hustle!

Cool - Send GAF club invite to GT=RacerX DSW

Hey Raudi, is there an ETA on your ESM/Tequila Patron 458 GT?

I've been looking forward to your rendition of that most wonderful of liveries.

ESM Patron 458 GT is next on my list.....unless T10 surprises us with something really cool in the January DLC announcement like an HSV-010 ;)

Teaser!
6308279720_edb7ae46b1.jpg

sneaky77

So I have the CSR wheel, and I thought that changing the settings on the wheel it should save for next time, but even if I save it as setting 3 and boot the wheel on setting 1 it still reverts to 270 degrees or 340 depending on the setting.. but doesnt keep my 900 degree setting, I have to change that before racing, then it keeps it until I turn it off.

Top Bottom