• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Muerte_X

Could someone gift me a replay of the last race? I.forgot to save it.

It was good times, even though I seem to be right in the middle on every race, i'll get more consistent one day.

nagge

Turn 3 in the GT2 race was eventful, I think I got hit by four different cars there :D
Had a blast trying to catch up to Sarbear, but I never settled back into the groove until the last two laps.

Great turn up and some real competitive racing.

Hope to see you guys on January 1st :)

Edit: And the GT2 race went way better than I had expected in terms of crashing, and it is great fun racing in some real race cars.

Could someone gift me a replay of the last race? I.forgot to save it.

It was good times, even though I seem to be right in the middle on every race, i'll get more consistent one day.

I have all the races on my Storefront.

And I might be biased, but I think that D Class race was the best one of the night!

sneaky77

yeah sorry I missed it, is a blast to race with you guys even if I suck. I am pretty much going to be gone till January 6th or so, so nobody kick me out, thanks lol

nagge

Just two quick grabs from the replay

camcwr1t.jpg

cam2vabeq.jpg

had alot of fun with my first gaf races, lol even in close to last on 2 races and last on the the d race. Will definitely join up for more in the future. Oh and dead and nagge (sorry dont know gaf names) thanks for making me realize I need to fix my racing techniques haha

gragy10

Too much fun as always, tho i missed Zorbs and Lucky as sparring partners this week!
Huge apology to nagge for my brief moment in the lead this weekend :(

forzabigshotj35la.jpg

nagge

No worries, had a great race and incidents like that is bound to happen when racing against other people, simply missing a breaking point will have some unwanted side effects in tight racing :)

MJLord

Too much fun as always, tho i missed Zorbs and Lucky as sparring partners this week!

Haha I missed it too but I went to see sherlock holmes :p

Did anyone use my Aston ? If you do I recommend driving the stock version first to get a before and after xD

I think we should have a night where we all have one car, and a series of races with your one car for a mini championship ? Just a thought, we could use some LMP cars ? Just a thought anyway.

Seanspeed

Banned
Turn 3 in the GT2 race was eventful, I think I got hit by four different cars there :D
Had a blast trying to catch up to Sarbear, but I never settled back into the groove until the last two laps.

Yea, I was surprised it wasn't closer between y'all in the end there. You really zoomed back up the pack.

I blew it that last race. I had a pretty comfortable lead early on. But I made a big mistake and lost my entire advantage. Big Takeover was pretty nice to not force the issue when I came back on track so I retained the lead, but then I made another big mistake that dropped me quite a bit. I shouldn't have waited til the last minute to build my cars, cuz I didn't really get much practice in. Took me too long to get into a rhythm. I have to be driving at 100% to expect to win races against Ox and SarBear for sure.

Good fun, though. Had good battles every race and it looks like there was good competition all down the field. I'm gonna have fun watching the replays. Probably gonna wait til tomorrow cuz my roommate wants to play some Battlefield right now, but I should have some pics and stuff up at some point tomorrow.

I think we should have a night where we all have one car, and a series of races with your one car for a mini championship ? Just a thought, we could use some LMP cars ? Just a thought anyway.

You mean like NASCAR event, or a Cadillac-spec championship? Great idea.

SarBear

I finally get the joke about a dental dam......and oral sex. I gotta tell ya, it's really not that funny. =/

I'm still salty about that flip on Camino.

Raudi

I would be happy to customize any of my Race Replica Designs for your GT2 series (custom numbers, GAF logo etc.)

Pm me to arrange

GT2 Designs:

#40 Ford GT:
Belcar | RedBull MarcVDS
FIA GT1 | Belgian Racing
FIA GT1 | marcVDS

#83 F430 GT:
ALMS | ESM Patron

F458 GT
ALMS | ESM Patron (WIP not finished yet)

2005 BMW #2 GTR
Super Taikyu | Sanwa TK-Square

2009 BMW #92 M3 GT2
WTCC Endless T. Aoki

Great fun last night guys.
my wifi died RIGHT in the middle of a good scrap with Nightman, i hadnt planned for an allnighter on LIVE and it was getting late in Helsinki.
next time i will block off the whole night.

also, I will buy a wireless headset, its a pain in the ass to try and race with standard controller, i NEED to use my wheel.

it was a delight to be tooth and nail with Short Sirkett at Hock, next time I will have my own cars prepared!

Finally found some time to work on a new paint, can't tell you what is it yet but some of you might get an idea looking at the picture below. Since the last time the best Looney Tunes character didn't make the cut I had to make something that is entirely about him. Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and give you Daffy Duck :)

6536414559_7ef31d4277_z.jpg

Some easy guess 2.000.000 comps will be coming as well, probably tomorrow, cause I didn't have time to make anything else.

Well, why not start now. The person that's gonna tell me who drove the car (Name) featuring the Image above will get 2.000.000 credits, we talking NASCAR of course :)

I hope it's not too difficult, if no one answers then I'll change the question ;)

p3tran

Banned
first of all, H3rtz, congrats for all your work, it rocks!

now about yesterday, I finally realised that its impossible for me to win the league at this time frame, unless the track is somewhere at the provinces of morrowind :)

nagge, poul, sean, bigtakeover etc are good drivers.
So good that my one hour preparation for the car and quick test simply does not cut it.
still had a lot of fun and enjoyed some nice racing, but
damn you skyrim!!! damn you!!! :)

Seanspeed

Banned
now about yesterday, I finally realised that its impossible for me to win the league at this time frame, unless the track is somewhere at the provinces of morrowind :)
Maybe we can consider moving the timeframe back an hour? Anybody from California or anything think that'd be too early? It really doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I think Ox is an hour ahead of you still, so I imagine he might appreciate racing an hour earlier, too.

nagge, poul, sean, bigtakeover etc are good drivers.
So good that my one hour preparation for the car and quick test simply does not cut it.
still had a lot of fun and enjoyed some nice racing, but
damn you skyrim!!! damn you!!! :)
Yea, thats really not enough time. Two hours wasn't enough for me. I can definitely say that my inability to maximize my results yesterday was simply because I wasn't quick enough and because I made too many mistakes. Just plain lack of practice. I really wasn't victim to any big incidents or anything.

zorbsie

Sounds like I missed really good weekend races. Sucks. Going to find some time to check them out.
Had a quick question about DLC packs. I have the CE of Forza 4, should I get the season pass or just buy the packs separately? Is it still cheaper even though I already have the bonus American muscle pack. Sorry for the rambling. I hope I don't sound like an idiot.

nagge

Races start at 8:30PM my time and is usually done about 11pm, so starting earlier would be nice, but it's manageable as is.

Yeah, since I am on Eastern time, I am open to them moving earlier no problem. The biggest issue is getting that big block of time free.

Is anyone going to be around our normal time next Sun? I might do some unofficial Christmas races if anyone is down. I have some ideas that might be too much for our official races, but could be fun for just "off the record" racing.

Btw, did anyone get a pic of the final standings of the races? I can get them from the replays but I have no way of watching those at work.

Seanspeed

Banned
A few pics and highlights from the first race

Retro and I went back and forth for 2nd place for about 5 laps. Good clean racing fun:

1W6L0.jpg

P3tran and Big Takeover both outbrake themselves into the hairpin at the end of the long straight. Both desperately try and get their cars turned-in for the corner(pictured here), but a collision ensues and leaves Big Takeover facing backwards:

ZG1Kh.jpg

Crude(love the livery) has a tough time as he was spun out into last place near the start of the race. Does what he can to get back into the thick of it. Big Takeover, in the background, AGAIN finds himself facing backwards after a collision between Sirkett and Union leaves Takeover nowhere to go but in the back of Union. Tough race man!

zumqa.jpg

SarBear takes advantage of a very good first corner to make a good outbraking maneuver on P3tran at Turn 2 for 4th place near the end of the race.

7fhjn.jpg

SarBear

6459660015_790726c245.jpg

Race 1 - Hockenheimring (C Miata)

1. Ox Nagge
2. Seanspeed
3. retroBrand
4. Dead Poul
5. P3tran
6. CrudeDiatribe
7. Muerte X
8. Union 360
9. Big Takeover
10. Granholme
11. Shortt Sirket
12. Templar Wizard
13. British Meat
14. Mr. Nightman
15. Soundscream13

Race 2 - Camino (D 60s - 80)

1. Ox Nagge
2. Seanspeed
3. Dead Poul
4. P3tran
5. retroBrand
6. Muerte X
7. Soundscream13
8. CrudeDiatribe
9. Shortt Sirket
10. Big Takeover
11. Granholme
12. Mr. Nightman

Race 3 - Road America (R3 GT2)

1. Dead Poul
2. Ox Nagge
3. Seanspeed
4. Big Takeover
5. Muerte X
6. Granholme
7. retroBrand
8. Shortt Sirket
9. CrudeDiatribe
10. Soundscream13
11. Mr. Nightman

Sunday's Event Standing:

*drum roll*

Ox Nagge 70
Seanspeed 56
Dead Poul 54
retroBrand 36
Muerte X 30
Big Takeover 26
Crude Diatribe 25
P3Tran 24
Granhome 21
Shortt Sirket 20
Soundscream 16
Mr. Nightman 11
Union360 8
Templar Wizard 4
British Meat 3

(waiting for Shortt to update the overall standings)

ForzaGAF.png

1. Dead Poul 187
2. Ox nagge 178
3. Seanspeed 168

CrudeDiatribe 96
retroBrand 93
Big Takeover 70
Muerte X 63
Granholme 58
P3tran 57
SoundScream13 44
ZORBS 40
Union 360 38
Shortt Sirket 37
Luckie Lordie 24
str8buzkitty 15
Mr. Nightman 11
Sneaky77 10
Crunchin Jelly 7
russtic 7
Guest1321 6
Templar Wizard 4
British Meat 3
LiquidSnake 2

As always, a full rundown of the points can be found HERE.

Raudi

Just got my XMAS gift all setup on my Obutto rig, updated firmware and FM4 servers are down!!!!

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

6540042555_1d52cd8bf6_z.jpg

Great shots, Seanspeed! I love when people post pics/vids of Sunday's action. I'll try and post some of my own later.

Yeah, tough race indeed. The second one didn't go much better either (see nagge's pic)! Just racing incidents though.

With P3tran I was bouncing off the limiter 2/3 down the straight because, stupidly, I hadn't touched my Miata since Laguna. I was trying to minimize my losses by braking mega late into the hairpin. I ended up coming across his bow at a weird angle. Not his fault.

Union and I had a nice little battle early on. Good fun, man! Sorry we meet up later under worse circumstances.

^^Nice rig, Raudi

psycrage

Neo Member
I got a Kinect this weekend for the wife, and I just want to say, despite it being a gimmick, the head tracking is definitely cool.

Autovista, and the racing with just the Kinect though. Not cool.

We really have to clean out the club. So many people who don't play anymore. Wonder why Turn10 only gave kicking privileges to the club leader and not even the OPTION to co-leaders? -__-
I PM'd SS a few days ago, its OK to kick me it will be mid February before I can really devote time. Sucks because my girl got me CSP's for my bday and between sharing the Xbox and fixing up our living room I can't really pull the setup out as much as I'd like.

SarBear

All that homework........was for naught!!! Simply for our understanding, not being graded on it. Teacher fucking trolled us HARD. OMFG
Speaking of which, back to 2 hours of homework.

..Then a little testing for the unofficial races. Green hell, anyone?

Seanspeed, retroBrand, Ox, check your file depot on Forza. =) Mr Nightman and Soundscream, you have a credit bonus for that heated rivalry towards the end of Road Atlanta.

All that homework........was for naught!!! Simply for our understanding, not being graded on it. Teacher fucking trolled us HARD. OMFG

Seanspeed, retroBrand, Ox, check your file depot on Forza. =) Mr Nightman and Soundscream, you have a credit bonus for that heated rivalry towards the end of Road Atlanta.

I saw it a little while ago man, thanks.

*e-dap

nagge

What are you studying? Med?

Yeah, finally got the M3 GTR, thank you, and Jube! :D

And it's getting close in the top three there...

SarBear

What are you studying? Med?

Yeah, finally got the M3 GTR, thank you, and Jube! :D

And it's getting close in the top three there...

Yep, dental assisting to be exact. Shit's ridiculous. It is getting rather close in the top 3. Looks like I'll have to shake things up to make it interesting.

Get those Supercars ready, gentlemen.

great thanks, yea that second to last turn pass was all or nothing lol

Top Bottom