• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Quoting on phone is a pain. Regarding the lap times I shall follow that advice. I just feel lost when it comes to braking. Practice practice practice I guess

I assumed at least a couple of the cars for those achievements would have been reward cars. Very interested in this idea then. I have read someone has all the cars, all i can give back is credits as thank you if the car donators wish.

Think I am 9 achievements away from 1000/1000. One of those being complete every race though lol eep

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I don't mind doing it, and if it would make it take less time for everyone to get the achievement I think that would be worth it. Thoughts?

Also, could you send me the rest of the Ferrari's?

sorry, bare with me :(

i should be able to in the next 20 min

EDIT: guest, you may want to add to the post that we have all cars needed and the procedure to edit the google doc for when they are shuffled around.

I am secretly hoping we can repeat last night's races......anyone game?

As long as you promise to repeat the part where you stop before the finish line and wait for us to pass.

On second thought I really need to test some cars for Sunday. Won't have too much free time before then.

op_ivy

i actually cant gift them now, it says the server is not available. pretty sure my ISP is messing up, as i've had assorted issues online and many of the apps, like netflix and last.fm, wont load.

i'll get em out as soon as i can, sorry for the delay

trinest

So I was playing Rabbids on Kinect then I got an invite for a race from one of you people.

Which ended me been kicked at the end of it. As well as me picking a BMW I thought because it was an S class would be more of a match up with the rest. How was I wrong. But I did manage to do this epic flip.

I had some good pictures of said flip, but I can't figure out how to upload them :/

So I was playing Rabbids on Kinect then I got an invite for a race from one of you people.

Which ended me been kicked at the end of it. As well as me picking a BMW I thought because it was an S class would be more of a match up with the rest. How was I wrong. But I did manage to do this epic flip.

I had some good pictures of said flip, but I can't figure out how to upload them :/

Come race with us man, just turn down/ off your mic. It's making us deaf.

trinest

Give it a reset. It's offensively loud at the moment.

I calibrated it etc. but I doubt it will do any difference, its still picking up everything like theres no tommrow.

I'll turn it off then.

Is it anyway i can join into games if people are online in forza from the club? or do I have to get an invite like before?

I calibrated it etc. but I doubt it will do any difference, its still picking up everything like theres no tommrow.

I'll turn it off then.

Is it anyway i can join into games if people are online in forza from the club? or do I have to get an invite like before?

If you have a friend in the game, you can select "join session in progress" from your friends list if you don't have an invite. When we race we usually post in here, so you'll see it.

If you can find the headset that came with your system, use it. That's what I do.

trinest

If you have a friend in the game, you can select "join session in progress" from your friends list if you don't have an invite. When we race we usually post in here, so you'll see it.

If you can find the headset that came with your system, use it. That's what I do.

Mine didn't come with one, I got an xbox resently- (they don't come with much anymore)

op_ivy

anyone else getting the "server is down" message? i'm still unable to access anything on the community menu, rivals, or even gift cars.

zorbsie

anyone else getting the "server is down" message? i'm still unable to access anything on the community menu, rivals, or even gift cars.

Something is up with the servers, I couldn't access my gallery or video on the forza site.
Hoping it'll be fixed soon though.

nagge

Just had the best races so far in Forza4. Got online in a A-class muscle car lobby, and man was it a blast running with so many other muscle cars around. The sound is just amazing from these cars, and the racing is real tight since the cars can take a scratch and keep moving.

kazinova

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
Shortt Sirket (NeoGAF Racing Club Representative)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
Zorbsie
h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
gragy10 (Granholme)
snack (The Japanator)
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

I'd really like to help/get that achievement, but I'm not particularly hardcore so I'm not going to be much help. kazinova (kazinova)

op_ivy

So with the speculation of Xbox 720 at E3, suggestions of FM5 being a next gen launch title, plus Turn 10's "exciting things coming in the next few months", i'm calling a 'FM5 target render showcase' of sorts from Turn 10 for an E3 showing...

maaaaybe the (near?) launch title will be the long rumored forza world?

i certainly wouldnt mind if t10 got an extra year or two to work on fm5 from their usual 2 year cycle. they could probably deliver on many of our crazy expectations with weather, time of day, rally, etc

I would like them to wait until the next system for another Forza. I think they have got pretty much all they can out of the 360, and I really want them to spend their time focusing on what they can do with new, and more powerful, hardware.

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

Please put me down :) I am in Australia so weekends are really the only time could be online at the same time I think. All I have to offer is;
1.2million credits,
Ferrari 1984 gto,
Ferrari f355 challenge,
Ferrari #83 risk competizione f430gt,
Shelby 1965 cobra Daytona coupe

Wish I could offer more.

Also, finally arrived(I cant afford wheel setup at the moment)
DSC00094.jpg

saladine1

It is possible they have been incubating FM5 ideas at the same time as developing FM4.

I recall MS/Turn 10 posting many job listings (and still are) for "future games" months before FM4 release.
I believe they've been working on a next gen game for a while now. They have internal and outsourced teams that would have been working since mid last year all the way to this year's E3 which would be nearly a years worth of time for a 'target showcase', then an eventual 2013 FM5 release..

zorbsie

Photo gallery on My Forza is still not working. Any word on if they know of the issue? My amazing finish from last nights Road America race will have to wait I guess. Speaking of which, thanks for hosting Retro, too bad about the hackers that got into the lobby with us. cough *Sarbear* cough.

h3ro

So guest, when would you like to get the car gifting chain started?

Also, we agree that every car on that list should be sent around, yes? How do you guys feel about having them in some sort of stand out color (lime green/hot pink) just so we know for sure that that was the car gifted to us and so that the original owners (either you or op ivy) get their cars back.

op_ivy

hasnt it been 2 years between each title? (maybe not fm1 -> 2, i'd have to double check)

yup.

forza motorsport - 2005
forza motorsport 2 - 2007
forza motorsport 3 - 2009
forza motorsport 4 - 2011

forza motorsport 5 - 2013 is certainly reasonable.

So guest, when would you like to get the car gifting chain started?

Also, we agree that every car on that list should be sent around, yes? How do you guys feel about having them in some sort of stand out color (lime green/hot pink) just so we know for sure that that was the car gifted to us and so that the original owners (either you or op ivy) get their cars back.

it has begun. guest sent me my one missing car, and i'm in the process of sending him the full load of caars - which, i assume, will then go down the list he has made. so, shortt would be next (i think). i believe he is going to paint them all, as suggested.

Also, finally arrived(I cant afford wheel setup at the moment)
DSC00094.jpg

not familiar with this product, but if you arent satisfied with that, the wireless MS speedwheel has gotten really good impressions here. search neogaf for a thread on it if curious, seems like THE stop gap between a pad and a true wheel setup.

not familiar with this product, but if you arent satisfied with that, the wireless MS speedwheel has gotten really good impressions here. search neogaf for a thread on it if curious, seems like THE stop gap between a pad and a true wheel setup.

Thanks for the heads up. I have seen multiple people throughout this thread(been a long time lurker, not really a poster) praise it. I was going to purchase a 360 headset tomorrow so I can Forza whilst my partner sleeps so I might add one to the purchase to try it out. I probably cant afford to spend 300$+ on a wheel due to me being bad with money like this ^.^

op_ivy

All I know is I don't want to see any more FM1 underpinnings. GT3/PGR3 it - chop it down, and build it back up.

yeah, i wouldnt mind this at all if the results justified it. just bring back positano ;)

guest, i got all cars on the googledoc sent to you. paint em (if you're willing) and send em down the line!

btw, i still have a fairly large number of ferrari's not in that spreadsheet. i assume they arent needed for the achievement? if they are needed, just let me know they have been added to it and i'll send em asap.

ruxtpin

Banned
I attempted to copy my Forza 4 save from my USB to the HD, and the game won't recognize anything - thus forcing me to start over. No workaround for this I assume and I'm SOL?

yeah, i wouldnt mind this at all if the results justified it. just bring back positano ;)

guest, i got all cars on the googledoc sent to you. paint em (if you're willing) and send em down the line!

btw, i still have a fairly large number of ferrari's not in that spreadsheet. i assume they arent needed for the achievement? if they are needed, just let me know they have been added to it and i'll send em asap.

It just says all the Ferrari's on Disk 1, so I am assuming that means no DLC and also none of the older cars from Disk 2.

Edit: If anyone who has confirmed for the races on Sunday and hasn't heard from me yet, please PM me.

op_ivy

It just says all the Ferrari's on Disk 1, so I am assuming that means no DLC and also none of the older cars from Disk 2.

Edit: If anyone who has confirmed for the races on Sunday and hasn't heard from me yet, please PM me.

yeah, i just havent bothered to research which cars that would be - i assume guest has and all is good :)

Especially if it turned out like GT5.......internally. Wouldn't mind the visuals...

I do not want to turn it into "that thread," but I was so sad about GT5. GT is the reason I am into cars, it was the reason I started reading everything I could about engines and how they work. It also introduced me to tons of cars and companies I had never heard of. I 100% the first 4 games (yes, I even sent in my GT2 so I could get the fixed one). But GT5 just didn't hold my interest. It is still gorgeous and I love to go back to it occasionally, but it just felt like it had no soul. I dunno why, but Forza 3/4 have drawn me in like no game has since GT1/2.

SarBear

I do not want to turn it into "that thread," but I was so sad about GT5. GT is the reason I am into cars, it was the reason I started reading everything I could about engines and how they work. It also introduced me to tons of cars and companies I had never heard of. I 100% the first 4 games (yes, I even sent in my GT2 so I could get the fixed one). But GT5 just didn't hold my interest. It is still gorgeous and I love to go back to it occasionally, but it just felt like it had no soul. I dunno why, but Forza 3/4 have drawn me in like no game has since GT1/2.

I played Forza 1 and I was kinda like.......eh......ok, this isn't bad. But when Forza 2 came out....holy shit, othergame was done in my book.

I played Forza 1 and I was kinda like.......eh......ok, this isn't bad. But when Forza 2 came out....holy shit, othergame was done in my book.

I felt the same way about Forza 1 and while I enjoyed Forza 2 and thought it was a really good game, my friend and I would still play GT4 more. Hell, I have some pics from the GT4 photo mode that STILL look good to this day. When 3 came out though, it was over and I was hooked. I am glad they both exist though. They both push each other to try new things and to constantly evolve. It is one of the main reasons why I have a PS3 and 360, because I still love both series.

guest1321

Okay I'll get them painted and sent down the list a little later today. Unfortunately I am going to be out for a while but the first thing I do when I get back is jump on this. Sorry for the delay. Also, SHORT!!?!? You showed interest in helping by offering club funds but I never got a clear answer on whether or not you wanted to be part of the gifting? Should I send them to you next or no?

Okay I'll get them painted and sent down the list a little later today. Unfortunately I am going to be out for a while but the first thing I do when I get back is jump on this. Sorry for the delay. Also, SHORT!!?!? You showed interest in helping by offering club funds but I never got a clear answer on whether or not you wanted to be part of the gifting? Should I send them to you next or no?

Yeah, go ahead. What needs to still be bought?

Edit: That is a bittersweet avatar SarBear.

guest1321

Yeah, go ahead. What needs to still be bought?

Edit: That is a bittersweet avatar SarBear.
^^^seconded.

All cars are taken care of at this point. If you (and everyone else) looks at the post I have made a guide for which cars are where. As cars move they need to be updated in the spreadsheet.

I'll update that post as well later today to reflect the rules and tidbits we have changed in the past couple of days.

^^^seconded.

All cars are taken care of at this point. If you (and everyone else) looks at the post I have made a guide for which cars are where. As cars move they need to be updated in the spreadsheet.

I'll update that post as well later today to reflect the rules and tidbits we have changed in the past couple of days.

Just out of curiosity, what color did you end up choosing for them? lol

Top Bottom