• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

I think the front runners are:

Ferrari 355C
Focus RS
Pontiac Solstice GXP
Leon Supercup
Delta

That encompasses different classes and drivetrains. What say you?

So, for the Mugello race, think the puritanical XBL enforcers will take a dim view of my Lamborghini livery sponsored by the fictional Italian utility company, PowerGen Italia?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anyone recommend a good scooby/evo tune? i've bought 6 or 7 and they all suck.

lol, i love that even after a couple engine mods, its still ranked as F100 (the lowest PI in the game)!

i have mine as an f200 and it does very well in single player and is fun to drive. H3rtz' giant blower on the front is a bit crazy - but it fits the red, white, and blue pinto so well!

So in truth it's really about a G-094 car then. Are they...trying to fob off G-class cars as F-class now? Scandalous! I mean, really, did they think we wouldn't check that shit? :)

Attention [GAF] Racing club - New Rivals Challenge?

I went to race the new rivals races and there weren't any [GAF] times posted except for the first race!
I put up some decent times on all of the new events to start us off - get to it!!!! ;)

Speaking of rivals, has it been considered to use the monthly rivals updates as a GAF challenge of some kind? Seems like it would be a easy way to start with fresh leaderboards for tracking purposes. But anyway, Raudi's right, let's get on this and post some times!

So, for the Mugello race, think the puritanical XBL enforcers will take a dim view of my Lamborghini livery sponsored by the fictional Italian utility company, PowerGen Italia?

Haha, probably, yes. I once found I couldn't upload a livery that I had put some random text on purely as part of a graphical design, and never could figure out what it was objecting to. I just had to scratch all the letters from it for it to accept it.

op_ivy

That's how the car performs. >_<

bastard!

but you know there is an issue when you upgrade a car to the top of its class and dont change a single setting in the tuning menu and it still outperforms "top 100 tune by l33t" # 1 through 6.

i think i'll go through the tuning guide and try tuning it myself using telemetry.

SarBear

bastard!

but you know there is an issue when you upgrade a car to the top of its class and dont change a single setting in the tuning menu and it still outperforms "top 100 tune by l33t" # 1 through 6.

i think i'll go through the tuning guide and try tuning it myself using telemetry.

I especially like this race because there's not a ton of room for improvement. The majority of the available cars are at nearly at the B class limit....leaving only room enough to adjust the handling bit by bit.

>=)

op_ivy

whats the general consensus on some good 12 cyl A600 cars? i love the v12 vantage, would it be competitive?

Okay I am going to use the new Pagani Monthly Rivals event (Gone with the Wind God) as our current TT while we iron out the next season's. I will have official information and announcement tomorrow.

whats the general consensus on some good 12 cyl A600 cars? i love the v12 vantage, would it be competitive?
I did up my cars - a 512TR, and a '08 STI.

Funny you should say you thought the marketplace tunes were junk. I put one up against my own setup and it was a second a lap faster =\ They had found some magical combination of parts that I couldn't figure out. Same HP, torque, weight, and grip - 500 for them 508 for me. No clue...

Funny you should say you thought the marketplace tunes were junk. I put one up against my own setup and it was a second a lap faster =\ They had found some magical combination of parts that I couldn't figure out. Same HP, torque, weight, and grip - 500 for them 508 for me. No clue...

I found that ARBs save A LOT of weight, and have a minimal impact on the PI, might want to try those on if you haven't already. Flywheel is the opposite, little weight and huge PI boost.

What about V12 engine swaps? Like the Enzo motor in another Ferrari?

You can put that engine in the Maser Gran Turismo, which is pretty tempting given the matte paint option.

Unfortunately it's 4200lbs. A nimble 4200, but...
You can also drop the Murciélago down to A by removing the front-wheel-drive, which is very fast on the straight.

I'm probably going with the 512TR, but will give another shake at the Astons and the Lambos.

You can put that engine in the Maser Gran Turismo, which is pretty tempting given the matte paint option.

Unfortunately it's 4200lbs. A nimble 4200, but...
You can also drop the Murciélago down to A by removing the front-wheel-drive, which is very fast on the straight.

I'm probably going with the 512TR, but will give another shake at the Astons and the Lambos.

I was considering that Maser, and I still might. But my current car is neither an Aston, nor a Lambo, nor even a Ferrari...

I found that ARBs save A LOT of weight, and have a minimal impact on the PI, might want to try those on if you haven't already. Flywheel is the opposite, little weight and huge PI boost.

I sold all the parts for the car, and then reapplied his setup. No gearbox upgrade! Now I'll try his parts and my setup.

op_ivy

mind sharing it so i can give it a go?

op_ivy

Okay I am going to use the new Pagani Monthly Rivals event (Gone with the Wind God) as our current TT while we iron out the next season's. I will have official information and announcement tomorrow.

when i first read this :)

when i raced the event with the shit tires :(

i actually resorted to turning on traction control :/

amar212

I must be a god then since I think I do fairly well in Rivals mode and I use Sim steering all the time ;)
I did try normal steering for some races after your previous mention of grip levels, but I never liked it.

The Senna Challenge - NSX-R on Suzuka - was my playground to be honest, but under no circumstances I could manage good results on Simulation because grip-levels were just killing me with oversteer, as well as in all other MR cars.

But I could agree about plethora of FF/FR races - they can be done.

Conclusion: now we just have to wait for Turn10 to celebrate their own achievement and give as a way to have a decent online experience over Simulation mode.

OrangeOak

More photos from me :)

merc5.jpg

Mercedes.jpg

m01.jpg

Oh and HOLY SHIT this game sounds AMAZING,it impress me more and more.

guest1321

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
Shortt Sirket (NeoGAF Racing Club Representative)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome (Vindictive Gnome)
Zorbsie
h3ro
op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
gragy10 (Granholme)
snack (The Japanator)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- More to come I'm sure...

Hehe, BMW with a V12 swap of course :)

Just gave the Pagani rivals event a try, damn is that thing hard to drive, if the NSX was like driving on ice then I don't know what this is...

We have a winner! It might not be that competitive, but the sound is amazing.

op_ivy

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?

Guest 1321
Shortt Sirket (club)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome
Zorbsie

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:

i own all the ferraris and am one car away from the 5 most expensive cars (which i'd like to complete on my own - hopefully this week). i can help.

if only it was feasible to share kinects too, so there was a way to 1000/1000 this...

Has anyone found any good YouTube channels etc that focus on teaching brake technique and other tips to improve lapt times?

I'd be interested in the achievement idea but I dont think I contribute anything close to rare as I lost my fora 3 save when the hard drive failed :(

h3ro

What is it?

Who is it?

Guest 1321
Shortt Sirket (club)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome
Zorbsie

How will it work?

Current Situation

Readme.txt
Side Notes:

I'm interested in this as well. I'll jump in on the spreadsheet once I get a chance. :)

Hey man, sorry I didn't accept your invite last night. For some reason it didn't even tell me I had one. Next time spam a couple more my way, lol. I'm usually on during the evening.

No doubt. I need you to help me defeat the evil that is SarBear. The man is a menace.

Has anyone found any good YouTube channels etc that focus on teaching brake technique and other tips to improve lapt times?

Best thing is to learn the tracks; if you use the Forza-supplied racing line, know that it in almost all cases it is too conservative, occasionally it's right, and there's one single corner I've found where I have to slow down earlier than it suggests (on all the courses).

I'm also not convinced that it follows the best line for every course, seemingly opting for the classic mid-corner apex, even if the course is better suited to an early or late apex on that corner. Could be just me.

So, on well marked courses (most of the real ones except Indy), turn off the line and start hot lapping.

Use "manual with clutch" and heel-toe downshift. You'll probably want to move the clutch button off LB if you use the controller.

guest1321

I'd be interested in the achievement idea but I dont think I contribute anything close to rare as I lost my fora 3 save when the hard drive failed :(

IIRC your money if Forza 3 does not transfer over to Forza 4. Also, the cars on this list are not cars that would have been imported from Forza 3.

guest1321

i own all the ferraris and am one car away from the 5 most expensive cars (which i'd like to complete on my own - hopefully this week). i can help.

if only it was feasible to share kinects too, so there was a way to 1000/1000 this...

Find a buddy possibly?

As for the car sharing, if you are willing to take that kind of load that would be greatly appreciated by me and everyone else involved, but I can entirely understand if you don't feel like letting that much of your collection move around. Let us know what you are willing to contribute so we can jump on the other ones!

op_ivy

As for the car sharing, if you are willing to take that kind of load that would be greatly appreciated by me and everyone else involved, but I can entirely understand if you don't feel like letting that much of your collection move around. Let us know what you are willing to contribute so we can jump on the other ones!

i trust people here. however, if anyone else wants to fill their info into that google doc, replacing mine, that would be fine with me.

guest1321

i trust people here. however, if anyone else wants to fill their info into that google doc, replacing mine, that would be fine with me.

Okay good to know! Thanks man.

I'll check my garage later today. The only car I knew I had for sure when I made the spread sheet was the 330 p4.

Top Bottom