• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

sneaky77

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
Shortt Sirket (NeoGAF Racing Club Representative)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
Zorbsie
h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
gragy10 (Granholme)
snack (The Japanator)
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
Stephen_drewz
kazinova (kazinova)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

just wanted to say I am back from vacation, so I'll give an update of my list of cars soonish

As soon as I get the cars I can send them off to the next person. I'm not doing anything today or tomorrow. Just going to play disc golf for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
As soon as I get the cars I can send them off to the next person. I'm not doing anything today or tomorrow. Just going to play disc golf for a few hours tomorrow afternoon.

you play DG? nice! i just finished a round myself. where do you live?

you play DG? nice! i just finished a round myself. where do you live?
I love DG. My brother just gave me an Innova Vulcan for my birthday. That's my number one disc lately. I still hold a special place in my heart for Destroyers, though. I scored two aces with two different Destroyers. Pure luck. I live near Atlanta, GA.

op_ivy

I love DG. My brother just gave me an Innova Vulcan for my birthday. That's my number one disc lately. I still hold a special place in my heart for Destroyers, though. I scored two aces with two different Destroyers. Pure luck. I live near Atlanta, GA.

love the katana myself. its similar, but i have a tendancy to flip a vulcan if i rip it to hard. love destroyers and eagles (for BIIIIG anhyzer and hyzer shots) too.

SarBear

Kind of a blah day.

6648804151_e0c2b33e8a_b.jpg

6648803413_3b4c3120e8_b.jpg

love the katana myself. its similar, but i have a tendancy to flip a vulcan if i rip it to hard. love destroyers and eagles (for BIIIIG anhyzer and hyzer shots) too.
I find it impossible to do sidearm throws. I don't know how people do it. I've gotten good at backhand, but sidearm? No way, man. The Vulcan is just so reliable. If the disc goes off on a left curve it ALWAYS comes back to the right and evens things out. The Destroyer is just so light. It can glide forever.

op_ivy

EDIT: to keep this forza related, any tips to get the afinity up quick? i'm at nearly 50% of the event list, with 70+ hours on the track, and my highest affinity is level 25 :(

NNEEERRRRRRDDDSSSS!!!!!!

dont you mean

POT HEADS!

at least on the west coast, 99% of disc golf players are smokers (myself excluded).

I find it impossible to do sidearm throws. I don't know how people do it. I've gotten good at backhand, but sidearm? No way, man. The Vulcan is just so reliable. If the disc goes off on a left curve it ALWAYS comes back to the right and evens things out. The Destroyer is just so light. It can glide forever.

yeah, backhand thrower here too. i can throw a halfway decent side arm, but only break it out if i need a right hook and there isnt room to throw a big backhand anhyzer.

i dont have a huge arm or anything, but if i throw a vulcan as hard as i can, it just keeps going to the right. my katana behaves like you are saying where it usually will come back a bit, even if i do turn it over. i love the destroyer because its predictable. it always flies flat and straight, even in mild wind, and i dont have the arm to flip it.

SarBear

EDIT: to keep this forza related, any tips to get the afinity up quick? i'm at nearly 50% of the event list, with 70+ hours on the track, and my highest affinity is level 25 :(

You're going to have to race more with the league. The amount of laps and number of participants we measure makes that affinity jump rather quickly.

op_ivy

You're going to have to race more with the league. The amount of laps and number of participants we measure makes that affinity jump rather quickly.

unfortunately, the company that i have my highest affinity with, is lancia. great for D, C, B, A - but probably not for anything higher. my second highest is with ford at 18, maybe i should attempt to use them more.

also, if online gets nets you decent affinity bonuses, can i just create a room with or without ai and race by myself for 10+ laps?

unfortunately, the company that i have my highest affinity with, is lancia. great for D, C, B, A - but probably not for anything higher. my second highest is with ford at 18, maybe i should attempt to use them more.

also, if online gets nets you decent affinity bonuses, can i just create a room with or without ai and race by myself for 10+ laps?

You can always use the Forza 3 trick. Create a private race with all AI opponents. Put it on 50 laps with a fast car. Then choose Benchmark Layout C (I think). You should be able to do laps in around 20-40 seconds depending on the car and the AI does the FAR outside line.

You can't pause or anything since the game acts like it is an online race. I don't remember what the payout is, but it is better (and easier) than any other race....albeit a bit boring.

SarBear

(P3Tran and Op_Ivy, you guys need to select a race number)

(repost)

6630492687_44df01bb1f_z.jpg

This Sunday, January 8th, GAF Weekend Racing League will be hosting another set of grinding, competitive racing events! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for wall-banging, predator and prey matches, completely unnecessary flips at the start of the race, running commentary ala Mean Jean style, and gratuitous fender benders from yours truly! This is our 5TH official outing, so please, continue to show your support for our league and gentlemen......RACE HARD!!

On Another Note...

Sadly, this will more than likely be my last race with the club for quite some time. I eluded to it before, but the time has come for me to take accountability for my actions and serve my time. When it began I was a wreck, but I've come to gripes with what has to be done and getting through it. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you that has kept interest in this thread, raced, taken photos, produced stunning liveries, shared tune setups, helped another member, raced online with me and the league, never gave up because of a spinout, and just taken the time out of your day to talk to me. I've had a rough two months (Shortt and retro can attest), and this game, along with cherishing my time with my family, has really put things in perspective. I never considered how much this project would bloom into something substantial, let alone a fire-breathing monster with competition at every level......but I admit, I absolutely love it. Never have I poured so much energy into a game and drawn so many people that much deeper with my efforts. You guys have given me much more than what's on the surface of the league. Every moment I tally up a score, watch a replay, laugh at a crash, congratulate a heated rivalry, talk shit about my driving etiquette....this is what Forza is about.

Thank you guys.

And I will be back.

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. &#8211; Race League racers should, whenever possible, race &#8220;clean&#8221;.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

EVENT TYPES (3):

Bella Costiera Amalfitana - So lovely, isn't she? Although the short version of a course ROBBED from us die hards, GAF is going on a lovely trip to this narrow, scenic, sunny course. Take in the sights! Grab a daiquiri, a straw hat, festive button down shirt, and linen boxers as you go for.....probably the most painful race we have had yet. With absolutely NO room to pass, this one is going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!

Track
  • Rally di Positano (Full Circuit) - 17 Laps
Restrictions
  • 1994 1st Gen Mazda Miata
  • Class - C 425
  • Roll Cage Required (individual PI restrictions for non-compliance)
  • Must use GAF livery (will gift, just ask for it)
  • Must have visible race number

Evo VS STi: Which car kicks ass? - You've seen it often imitated in othergame, but let it be known; this is the end of the line for the war. Suit up and bust the door down against your rival turbocharged box car on one of the world's greatest tracks. Suzuka. Can't stand how snoody the Evo stands? Can't believe how the WRX has evolved? Let the hatred be known this Sunday.

Track
  • Suzuka (Full Circuit) - 12 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - B 500
  • Drive Train - AWD
  • Cars limited to:

2004 Lancer Evo VIII MR
    2006 Lancer Evo IX MR
    2008 Lancer Evo X GSR
    2004 Impreza WRX STi
    2005 Impreza WRX STi
    2008 Impreza WRX STI
    2011 WRX STi

12-Cylinder Battle Royale - There is absolutely NOTHING on this planet quite like a finely tuned 12-cylinder vehicle. She purs for you, looks at you with deep love, catches your friends by surprise....and when you least expect it.......costs you 10 grand to repair. =/ In the meantime, let loose in one of these iconic testaments to pure speed against your rivals as we try to hang on for dear life across the cloudy skies of Mugello.

Track
  • Mugello Autodromo Internazionale (full circuit) - 11 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - A 600
  • Cylinders - 12
  • Weight - 3300lbs+ (oops! lol)

PRIZES

We have a very special offer for our overall first place winner.

1st: Custom livery of choice designed by our very own M0dus (Thanks!!)
2nd: Unicorn of choice
3rd: Unicorn of choice

6th man/hardest flip(not intentional)/great rivalry: Unicorn of choice

Everyone, race hard! I look at EVERYTHING so everyone has a chance to win!

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players (Miata Number):

Shortt Sirket (25)
Archer33 (1)
Zorbsie (31)
op_ivy (10)
Big Takeover (77)
Sarbear (3)
Ox Nagge (33)
Seanspeed (21)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Rotavelle (12)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Granholme (27)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
Muerte X (8)

Race Reserve:

Union 0015 (15)
The Japanator (89)
str8buzykltty (69)

Members:

MJLord (93)
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
LiquidSnake
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Mr Nightman (88)
GrassyX (nope 1/08)
Sneaky77 (negative)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

I should be available for the Sunday race. Miata and EVO/STI at the very least.

Please send me the Miata GAF livery that you want me to use (GT: Union 360) or I'm using my homemade ghetto one again. :)

SarBear

I should be available for the Sunday race. Miata and EVO/STI at the very least.

Please send me the Miata GAF livery that you want me to use (GT: Union 360) or I'm using my homemade ghetto one again. :)

You're our first reserve for Sunday....because you know.....16 slots filled....and...you know....SOMEONE is not going to show up. Plan on being there. I'll get the livery to you in just a moment.

Edit: I've 8 fucking pictures to load. This shit is going to be ridiculous.

Muerte_X

I swore I confirmed earlier that I was in for this race...oh well, I guess I didn't get in in time...add me onto that backup list with Union. I'll be online in case someone doesn't show up. :)

SarBear

I swore I confirmed earlier that I was in for this race...oh well, I guess I didn't get in in time...add me onto that backup list with Union. I'll be online in case someone doesn't show up. :)

I looked back. You did, so that's my mistake. Obviously, I have to correct that. I'll do the appropriate messaging privately to one of our members. -___- My bad.

Is FM.net working now? I still can't see my photo gallery. It keeps taking me to a search result of my gamertag, instead of the "My Forza" page. Seems really weird.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Gallery.aspx?gt=(Your Gamer Tag)

It won't load your gallery, but you can download your bigshot this way.

Raudi

Here's is my take on a new original Race Livery for West Racing 2012 ALMS car (since their 2011 entry is kind of plain - LOL)

I incorporated all of the sponsor logo's from their 2011 car and tried to keep it clean looking by using designs queues form other Reiter Gallardo's from different series.

Let me know what you all think - I'm open to suggestions before I finalize it for release!

2012 ALMS | WEST RACING TEAM GALLARDO LP560-4 (Original Design)

6649752707_5b95219bef_b.jpg

6649752869_3a51828e1b_b.jpg

6649752805_9dd03028f1_b.jpg

trinest

Remember that epic flip I did in the online game which I got kicked out of because of my Kinect been loud? Well here it is!

Also I found that this corner is the worest for this particular car, which when playing in Single Player I ended up rolling it so many times I think I broke a record.

Forza.jpg

Forza2-1.jpg

Forza3.jpg

Forza4.jpg

Forza5.jpg

Iknos

Sarbear hope everything works out for you. Haven't been able be a part of your initiatives here so far though as a lurker I'm impressed by your zeal and efforts.

In time you'll be back and I hope to race with you.

Got some time for racing tomorrow just need to get some stuff sorted first maybe some of you have some answers otherwise I'll ask mr google...

Just noticed that the game was first installed on my primary account. Does this mean I don't have access to tracks like benchmark for my online account? Couldn't see it last I checked.

When I buy season pass I'll be fine doing it on my primary account right? As long it's the same xbox as my online account I hear it's all good.

Any new firmware for the P911TS wheel in the last 3 months? If no one knows it's ok I'll google that.

guest1321

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
&#8730; Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
&#8730; Shortt Sirket (Shortt Sirket)
Sneaky77 (sneaky77)
&#8730; Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
&#8730; h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
&#8730; gragy10 (Granholme)
&#8730; snack (The Japanator)
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
Stephen_drewz (DreWz12000)
kazinova (kazinova)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- All cars have been accounted for at this point. We are not missing any. We don't need any help but you are welcome to join.
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- More to come I'm sure...

guest1321

When are they going to start being sent out?

Just finished painting them. They are on there way now:)

UPDATE: So all the cars have been sent Shortt Sirket at this point. Sneaky seemed rather unsure so at this point it should be sent to vindictive gnome I think.

I won't be on till late tonight (PST), so please update the spreadsheet as the cars are passed around. It is okay to skip the order if someone is more available at the time.

op_ivy

Those pictures bring a tear to my eye.

America the beautiful. I salute you SarBear.

traitor

my only criticism would be that the contrast is a bit light, as the tires are really lightly colored. this is especially evident in the first pic where you can even see the inside of the tire clearly. my rule of thumb is to up to where you can barely see tread. of course, this is all down to personal tastes too.

EDIT: response to SarBears pics...

UPDATE: So all the cars have been sent Shortt Sirket at this point. Sneaky seemed rather unsure so at this point it should be sent to vindictive gnome I think.

I won't be on till late tonight (PST), so please update the spreadsheet as the cars are passed around. It is okay to skip the order if someone is more available at the time.

Since ZORBS is online now, I am sending them to him. He can then pass them on.

Edit: Nevermind, he already has the Cheevo. Sending them to Gnome.

SarBear

my only criticism would be that the contrast is a bit light, as the tires are really lightly colored. this is especially evident in the first pic where you can even see the inside of the tire clearly. my rule of thumb is to up to where you can barely see tread. of course, this is all down to personal tastes too.

EDIT: response to SarBears pics...

There's a huge difference between my tv LCD and my monitor LCD. Shit makes it increasingly difficult to get my darks down. I'd have to take roughly 5 bigshots per picture to get it right. It's usually either too light, or too dark. And I just dont have the patience. LoL

There's a huge difference between my tv LCD and my monitor LCD. Shit makes it increasingly difficult to get my darks down. I'd have to take roughly 5 bigshots per picture to get it right. It's usually either too light, or too dark.

I know the feeling. I have calibrated my plasma very well, yet the Forza pics still come out a bit off. Can be quite annoying when trying to get a good BigShot like you say.

What I usually do is take a normal pic and then check it out on the site and keep doing that until I am happy with it. Then I will take the BigShot.

zorbsie

Don't send them to me Short, I already have the cheevo. I was on the list to help out gifting the cars. I guess I'm not needed anymore.

sneaky77

I am good to go, I am back from vacation, probably best to get me sunday since I will be online more of the time or able to get online quicker. Do you need a list of cars I have? or are we just sending all of them?

guest1321

I am good to go, I am back from vacation, probably best to get me sunday since I will be online more of the time or able to get online quicker. Do you need a list of cars I have? or are we just sending all of them?

We are just sending all of them at this point to make it easier to keep track of who has what. They are all hot pink right now so it should be fairly easy for you to differentiate your garage from the cars when the time comes to share.

Remember that epic flip I did in the online game which I got kicked out of because of my Kinect been loud? Well here it is!

Also I found that this corner is the worest for this particular car, which when playing in Single Player I ended up rolling it so many times I think I broke a record.

Forza.jpg

Forza2-1.jpg

Forza3.jpg

Forza4.jpg

Forza5.jpg

My flip 2 Mondays ago was more epic!
6651138261_ced0427eea_z.jpg

6651140285_7dda740835_z.jpg

6628180313_35e50d7960_z.jpg

6651138813_1c22f7f4fd_z.jpg

gragy10

I can't tell if my Miata is particularly well tuned to Positano or most of you aren't trying very hard yet :)
Either way I'm pleased to get within a few seconds of SeanSpeed!

So, I don't see Zorbsie's gamertag anywhere. Do I skip him and send all the cars to h3ro?

Edit: I sent all the cars to h3ro. Zorbsie's gamertag wasn't in the most recent updated list. Sorry if this causes confusion or anger. Thanks for setting all this up Guest!

Top Bottom