• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

snack

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?
This is open to all to join in on and our current interest stands at:

Guest 1321
Shortt Sirket (club)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome
Zorbsie
h3ro
op_ivy
gragy10

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- You cannot gift cars that were purchased with tokens!
- More to come I'm sure...

I am interested! Could I join?

I could donate money to somebody so the 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 can be purchased. Please lemme know what I can do to help!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I am interested! Could I join?

I could donate money to somebody so the 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 can be purchased. Please lemme know what I can do to help!

surely someone owns it, right? give it some time, i dont think donations for this will be necessary.

surely someone owns it, right? give it some time, i dont think donations for this will be necessary.

I have all the cars needed, but I used tokens to get them. So I can't gift, or sell, or do anything with them. I understand why they did it, just sort of sucks.

Seanspeed

Banned
whats the general consensus on some good 12 cyl A600 cars? i love the v12 vantage, would it be competitive?

I've only tried out 3 cars so far, and only about 4/5 laps with each, but the Aston seemed to do ok. I might try trading some HP for grip next time I mess around to see if it helps at a place like Mugello. Right now I've got like 540hp in it or something like that, mainly built for places like Road America and Sebring.

guest1321

I can buy it right now and that won't be an issue but as I recall op_ivy is trying to get it on his own. If not I can get it right now and gift it to you.

NinjaBoiX

How do I install disc 2? There is no option from the dash, and I can't see anything in the menus.

Edit: WTF! Sorry guys, it's blatantly there in the main menu. smh

*blushes*

guest1321

How do I install disc 2? There is no option from the dash, and I can't see anything in the menus.

IIRC you go to the buy cars option (or through free play) choose a car that is on DISC 2. I believe that it asks you to insert disc 2 at that point and from there you install it.

NinjaBoiX

IIRC you go to the buy cars option (or through free play) choose a car that is on DISC 2. I believe that it asks you to insert disc 2 at that point and from there you install it.
It's one the far right of the main menu, but yeah, it doesn't show up until you do a few races, hence my confusion.

It's fantastic, loving it. FM3 felt like it lacked in lateral movement, and felt a little staid because of it. The movement is a lot better this time,, and the tyre physics feel even better. And Autovista is very cool...

SarBear

ric-flair-o.gif

guest1321

no, but i can be at about 3:00 PST (3.5 hours from now). if you want, you can gift it now and i'll send it back asap.

<--- LoopOfHenle btw

Well it turns out you have to accept my friends request before I can gift it to you. But an Aston is awaiting your acceptance of our friendship

As that is the case anyone who wants to be apart of the car sharing will need to give me there gamertag and I can add it to the post so that we can all be friends and give each other awesome cars and stuff.

snack

Well it turns out you have to accept my friends request before I can gift it to you. But an Aston is awaiting your acceptance of our friendship

As that is the case anyone who wants to be apart of the car sharing will need to give me there gamertag and I can add it to the post so that we can all be friends and give each other awesome cars and stuff.

GT: The Japanator

I added all my Ferraris that are greater than $1,000,000. I own all the Ferrairs that are less than $1mil. I need way too many cars. I'm thinking this just isn't going to work out for me.

guest1321

I added all my Ferraris that are greater than $1,000,000. I own all the Ferrairs that are less than $1mil. I need way too many cars. I'm thinking this just isn't going to work out for me.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. At this point we already have all the cars. It is just a matter of gifting them to everyone. If you don't want in that is fine.

Also, @Shortt Sirket, now that we have all of the cars covered I don't think we will need club funds to help everyone out. Do you want me to remove you from the list as I believe you never showed interest beyond helping the club. Or would you like to remain a part of the sharing?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. At this point we already have all the cars. It is just a matter of gifting them to everyone. If you don't want in that is fine.
I want in. It just seems like a lot of cars to keep track of. That's what the spreadsheet is for, though. No issues here.

guest1321

I want in. It just seems like a lot of cars to keep track of. That's what the spreadsheet is for, though. No issues here.

It shouldn't be that difficult to keep track of
I HOPE!
. The way I see it working is that the cars start out being gifted all to one person. That person collects the achievements and then passes them on to the next person. It will eventually make it around to everyone and then we will pass them back to whoever they belong to. Hopefully the process takes no longer than a day or so (as everyone is on different schedules).

gragy10

Nice one - GT is Granholme

op_ivy

I HOPE!
. The way I see it working is that the cars start out being gifted all to one person. That person collects the achievements and then passes them on to the next person. It will eventually make it around to everyone and then we will pass them back to whoever they belong to. Hopefully the process takes no longer than a day or so (as everyone is on different schedules).

should i gift all the cars to the first person on your list when i get home? let me know.

SarBear

Strange.....I can't view my photos anymore on Forzamotorsport.net

Anyone else having this issue? Under "My Forza" it says I dont have any photos to view and I dont have any achievements to view.

The Senna Challenge - NSX-R on Suzuka - was my playground to be honest, but under no circumstances I could manage good results on Simulation because grip-levels were just killing me with oversteer, as well as in all other MR cars.

But I could agree about plethora of FF/FR races - they can be done.

Conclusion: now we just have to wait for Turn10 to celebrate their own achievement and give as a way to have a decent online experience over Simulation mode.

It has taken a few hours of driving in the lower class cars before the sim steering finally *clicked* with me, but damn it feels so good now, both punishing and rewarding in a way Forza has never felt before.

Apart from fixing the 270° bug were any other changes made to sim steering?

guest1321

Strange.....I can't view my photos anymore on Forzamotorsport.net

Anyone else having this issue? Under "My Forza" it says I dont have any photos to view and I dont have any achievements to view.

Yeah I am getting that issue as well at the moment. Earlier today I was trying to view my achievements and stuff on the MS website and I could not access that but I could still see my pic through FM.net. So I am guessing that this may not be on Turn10

SarBear

Yeah I am getting that issue as well at the moment. Earlier today I was trying to view my achievements and stuff on the MS website and I could not access that but I could still see my pic through FM.net. So I am guessing that this may not be on Turn10

Having withdrawals not being able to do my photomode thing.

op_ivy

there are quite a few ferrari's not in the spreadsheet. i dont know if they are required for the cheevo (as the enzo, f50 gt, fxx, and '67 330 are listed as not necessary), but heres the ones i own that arent on that google doc. add them if you need to and i'll send them.

f355 berlinetta
612 scaglietti
f355 challenge
f430
575 maranello
f40
f50
599 gtb fiorano
ff
458 italia
#89 hankook
#62 risi
599xx
#83 risi
#90 farnbacher
599 gto
f40c
#12 risi

guest, i sent you all the cars listed and updated the status to them being in your possesion :)

SarBear

How can I make a donation to the race fund?

Shortt, or I, would make an auction and set the buy out at however much you want to donate. If there's a specific car you want to own in the process, I auction that car.

there are quite a few ferrari's not in the spreadsheet. i dont know if they are required for the cheevo, but heres the ones i own that arent on that google doc. add them if you need to and i'll send them.

f355 berlinetta
612 scaglietti
f355 challenge
f430
575 maranello
f40f50
599 gtb fiorano
ff
458 italia
#89 hankook
#62 risi
599xx
#83 risi
#90 farnbacher
599 gto
f40c
#12 risi

guest, i sent you all the cars listed and updated the status to them being in your possesion :)

Ferrari overload! Going into.......shock.....must.....maintain.....control.......

guest1321

there are quite a few ferrari's not in the spreadsheet. i dont know if they are required for the cheevo, but heres the ones i own that arent on that google doc. add them if you need to and i'll send them.

yeah that list I got is incomplete (not sure how I managed that). If you want to send what you have that would be great. I will update the doc in a second to reflect the additional cars needed.

op_ivy

yeah that list I got is incomplete (not sure how I managed that). If you want to send what you have that would be great. I will update the doc in a second to reflect the additional cars needed.

for a second, i thought i wasted a shit ton of credits on ferrari's i didnt even need!

i'll send the remaining ones in a bit - my baby is watching netflix sesame street and i dont dare turn it off!

guest1321

for a second, i thought i wasted a shit ton of credits on ferrari's i didnt even need!

i'll send the remaining ones in a bit - my baby is watching netflix sesame street and i dont dare turn it off!

haha fair enough. Do you know if you have the enzo? It was on a second list that I found so I'm assuming we would need it. But since you didn't list it I was wondering if maybe you don't need it it to get the achievement.

op_ivy

haha fair enough. Do you know if you have the enzo? It was on a second list that I found so I'm assuming we would need it. But since you didn't list it I was wondering if maybe you don't need it it to get the achievement.

i do. I HAVE THEM ALL!

previously, the the enzo, f50 gt, fxx, and '67 330 were listed at the bottom of the spreadsheet as not needed. you might want to double check if these are in fact needed

guest1321

reposting for new page:

What is it?
So as some of you are aware I am trying to put together a group of ForzaGAF members to come together and help one and other in getting the ridiculous achievements that are Ferrari Collector and Exclusive Taste.

Who is it?

GAFname (GamerTag)
----------------------------------
Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
Shortt Sirket (NeoGAF Racing Club Representative)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
Zorbsie
h3ro (munkeyhero)
&#8730; op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
gragy10 (Granholme)
snack (The Japanator)
DasRaven (DasRavenLive)
evil_as_skeletor (REW138)
Stephen_drewz
kazinova (kazinova)

How will it work?
The way I have envisioned this working is by recording who owns what car (so as to ensure it makes it back to its owner), and then keeping track of who currently has the car. It will start with one person having all the cars sent to them, and then they will be passed on to whoever is next in line.

Current Situation
I've made a spreadsheet to help with recording vehicle ownership and possession as well as to outline the cars we will need: Guide to Tracking Ownership of Cars

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!

I went ahead and gave most people on that list a friend request. I figured it would make it easier to gift later. That way I'm not or someone else is not waiting on a friend request to gift the cars. They can just do it even if I'm not on that second. Awesome idea below me! Making the cars all look the same will make it much easier. Good idea.

h3ro

My GT is munkeyhero. I have some of the cars on the list including the 250GTO, but none of the other high priced ones.

I think moving all the cars together is a smart thing. To avoid sending the wrong car back, maybe a bespoke livery (doesn't have to be crazy, maybe all black with a white stripe or something) just to differentiate between the gifted cars and ones that we already have in our garages?

guest1321

My GT is munkeyhero. I have some of the cars on the list including the 250GTO, but none of the other high priced ones.

I think moving all the cars together is a smart thing. To avoid sending the wrong car back, maybe a bespoke livery (doesn't have to be crazy, maybe all black with a white stripe or something) just to differentiate between the gifted cars and ones that we already have in our garages?

I like this idea although they are already half transferred to me. I would not have an issue with slapping them on there but I seem to recall something about how you cannot transfer cars that have a locked design on them. I don't know if that would fall under that category but jut something to note. I think, even easier, would be to just make them a purple or baby blue or pink or some stupid orange color. Neon yellow?

Something vibrant and easily identifiable. Most of the cars are op_ivy's so it would be at his discretion.

EDIT: For those of you that have added the above to the friends list. I have changed VindictiveGnomes's to the correct GT. Sorry!

op_ivy

I like this idea although they are already half transferred to me. I would not have an issue with slapping them on there but I seem to recall something about how you cannot transfer cars that have a locked design on them. I don't know if that would fall under that category but jut something to note. I think, even easier, would be to just make them a purple or baby blue or pink or some stupid orange color. Neon yellow?

Something vibrant and easily identifiable. Most of the cars are op_ivy's so it would be at his discretion.

EDIT: For those of you that have added the above to the friends list. I have changed VindictiveGnomes's to the correct GT. Sorry!

i dont think that would work. you can gift cars that have a design on them only if you are the author. so, if guest threw designs on them, no one else could gift them around. at least i think this is how it works. i think as long as we stick to regular neogaf posters, fm4 thread or otherwise, we should be fine.

guest1321

i dont think that would work. you can gift cars that have a design on them only if you are the author. so, if guest threw designs on them, no one else could gift them around. at least i think this is how it works. i think as long as we stick to regular neogaf posters, fm4 thread or otherwise, we should be fine.

If you paint a car it shouldn't be an issue right? Like a 1 color paint job. As opposed to a design applied to a car

I HOPE!

Can I please jump on board too?
GT - REW138

DasRaven

reposting for new page:

What is it?

Who is it?

GAFname (GamerTag)
Guest 1321 (Guest1321)
Shortt Sirket (NeoGAF Racing Club Representative)
Sneaky77
Vindictive Gnome (VindictiveGnome) <--- no space, i messed it up earlier
Zorbsie
h3ro (munkeyhero)
op_ivy (LoopOfHenle)
gragy10 (Granholme)
snack (The Japanator)

How will it work?

Current Situation

Readme.txt
Side Notes:
- To gift cars you must have that person on your friends list!
- If you already have the cars then that is great for you. The group of cars will be moved around together. NO EXCEPTIONS!

I'll help out here if I can DasRaven (DasRavenLive)

op_ivy

If you paint a car it shouldn't be an issue right? Like a 1 color paint job. As opposed to a design applied to a car

that would probably be fine. if you want to slap a color on my cars feel free to. would be time consuming and i'm not sure its necessary though.

guest1321

that would probably be fine. if you want to slap a color on my cars feel free to. would be time consuming and i'm not sure its necessary though.

I don't mind doing it, and if it would make it take less time for everyone to get the achievement I think that would be worth it. Thoughts?

Also, could you send me the rest of the Ferrari's?

Top Bottom