• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my load out for later. never got to run the aston, so hopefully i can keep it under control and at least not take anyone else out :p

6632512725_a04f381354_z.jpg

6660350677_5bbfda7749_z.jpg

6660349005_ea347cedd9_z.jpg

Ready for 'Rally' and Suzuka, the 12-sin has to be missed due to nightshift feeding. looking forward to it!

best car from the 80s for me was the Lancia Delta, for many personal reasons :)

Hellz ya, specifically Group B. The greatest rally racing of all time.

If you guys get the chance, check out "Too Fast to Race" and "Still Too Fast to Race." They are awesome documentaries on Group B.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hellz ya, specifically Group B. The greatest rally racing of all time.

If you guys get the chance, check out "Too Fast to Race" and "Still Too Fast to Race." They are awesome documentaries on Group B.

Yea, I've got Too Fast to Race. I'm not a huge rally fan, but the 80's definitely had some pretty insane stuff going on in the rally world.

The Stig

too fast to race is a great docco.

will look for the sequel.

also as for that 80s crack, I agree that the 80s was a lame decade (despite my birth being in that decade!) but when it comes to cars there are so many to name.

fezza388 gto
porsche 959
and the EFF FREAKING FORTY

op_ivy

i'm partial to the first 5.0 saleen ponys. my first car was a salvaged 89, it was fast as hell. i remember one night, after work, hitting 150 mph at 3am. on tires that you could see the steel mesh underneath the rubber! what a fucking idiot i was then

gragy10

Didn't realise there was a TFTR seqiel - will have to get on that..
Favourite 80's cars is a deadheat between the F40 & 959 (yeah, Test Drive 2 - The Duel was my 10 year old self's mind blower)

nagge

Set it up and I'll jump in.
We could always do some practice laps together instead of everyone hot lapping by themselves.

Ah crap. I somehow read Suzuka as Tsukuba. I haven't even run any of the cars on Suzuka. Any quick recommendations for a car for it?

op_ivy

came in just in time...

"nice going dead poul.... when are you leaving again?"

ouch.

op_ivy

man, turn 10 needs to sort out their shit. wonder how well i would have down at suzuka if i didnt have 3 beers in me while we sorted out the lobby issues ;)

good races all, Dead Poul/SarBear, take care

SarBear

Guys,

I'm sorry, I just am frustrated with these servers and I have a couple things to tend to. So, I'm very sorry about having to bail mid race.

Thank you all for showing up, racing, and kicking ass however. Servers just fucking suck. I'll make a more proper post some time tonight.

Tell me how the last one went!

nagge

last race

1.Nagge
2.rotavelle
3.retro
4.muerte
5.crude
6.soundscream

I'll upload the replay to my sf

Some unintentional sandbagging as my wheel disconnected right at the start...

gragy10

2 great races but the server issues had killed my enthusiasm by the end (plus it was almost 10pm and I still hadn't eaten dinner).
Shit like the problems we had tonight makes me seriously question why i pay for XBL

last race

Nagge
rotavelle
retro
muerte
crude
soundscream

I'll upload the replay to my sf

Some unintentional sandbagging as my wheel disconnected right at the start...

That last corner stings. I felt the pressure of a charging Ox and couldn't be bothered to slow down for the turn. I'll just tell myself you would have beaten me in a drag to the finish anyway. :)

op_ivy

ox, was that me? lol, your car was hopping all over the place from my POV and you had no livery, your car was default red (guess mine was white to you).

see my youtube vid above :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SO sorry that I didn't show up guys! God dammit.. I went to sleep like at 6AM today because I worked overnight tonight, I was going to get up at 2PM but I slept til 4:40ish..

Sorry Sar :|

Okay, I created a quick survey to get ideas for Season 2. Please fill it out and help me get things ready for the next Season.

Season 2 Survey

If you have any other questions I should ask, let me know. I can add questions on the fly.

skyfinch

have you gotten the "race on all tracks" achievement? i havent but cant imagine what i'm missing.

I have all achievements expect for the bucket list, which I plan to get eventually.

For the race on all tracks, all I did was create a private race vs. one slow car on one lap, then pick a fast car.

Also check the leader boards, which helps you see which races you have completed. Remember that you also need to race on all the reverse tracks, drag strips, and ovals. Good thing is that you don't need to race on alternate time of day.

op_ivy

I have all achievements expect for the bucket list, which I plan to get eventually.

For the race on all tracks, all I did was create a private race vs. one slow car on one lap, then pick a fast car.

Also check the leader boards, which helps you see which races you have completed. Remember that you also need to race on all the reverse tracks, drag strips, and ovals. Good thing is that you don't need to race on alternate time of day.

ahh, its gotta be the drag strips! thanks

h3ro

Do you have to do every variation as well?

zorbsie

I had no idea it included the drag strips. I'll do those tonight and see if the cheevo pops.

Seanspeed

Banned
Sorry for having to bail for the last race. The Broncos vs Steelers game was extremely important to me as a Patriots fan and I asked a few friends to meet me up at the local sports bar to watch it with me. It'd have been a little fucked up if I didn't show up.

Top Bottom