• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

benzy

Oh man, can't wait to hear the in-game engine sounds for the 787B.

Anyway, <3 the Z4 GT3.

f44vb4z.gif

saladine1

Let it go, man.
Pains me to say it, but it ain't gonna happen.

NEVA!!

You know, it's interesting that most publishers get stuck into the devs in asking them to incorporate features in their games that would potentially bring in the sales and ultimately, the cash that goes along with it.
Now, I'm wondering if MS have ever pushed Turn 10 to include stuff in their games and if so, why haven't they demanded that Turn 10 include 2 tracks that would undoubtedly make them a bit of dosh?
I know of heaps of people who are holding back from buying the game simply because Spa and Bathurst are not featured. This is especially the case with Bathurst as we have V8 Supercars and a couple of Holden specials yet we have no where to race them.

I would truly love to know what's holding Turn 10 back here....

Anyway,

Mazda 787B Forza 4 sound iconic Rotor Buzz

Mazda 787B Le Mans lap

Seanspeed

Banned
NEVA!!

You know, it's interesting that most publishers get stuck into the devs in asking them to incorporate features in their games that would potentially bring in the sales and ultimately, the cash that goes along with it.
Now, I'm wondering if MS have ever pushed Turn 10 to include stuff in their games and if so, why haven't they demanded that Turn 10 include 2 tracks that would undoubtedly make them a bit of dosh?
I know of heaps of people who are holding back from buying the game simply because Spa and Bathurst are not featured. This is especially the case with Bathurst as we have V8 Supercars and a couple of Holden specials yet we have no where to race them.

Anyway,

Mazda 787B Forza 4 sound iconic Rotor Buzz

Mazda 787B Le Mans lap

Wow at that Le Mans lap.

Anyways, I'm sure if Turn 10 thought they could make money by including something that the fans want, they'd do it. If they dont, its very likely because they dont feel they'd make money doing it.

G Rom

Going by the offscreen videos that saladine posted, it seems that the DLC is already in the wild for some people. I was wondering if anybody had seen the in-game prices for the cars somewhere, I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save to get most of them in career.

BADNED

Going by the offscreen videos that saladine posted, it seems that the DLC is already in the wild for some people. I was wondering if anybody had seen the in-game prices for the cars somewhere, I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save to get most of them in career.
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 7,000 CR
2011 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI 2,500,000 CR
1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1 900,000 CR
2011 Bentley Platinum Motorsports Continental GT 550,000 CR
2010 Dodge Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Challenger SRT8 95,000 CR
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R 27,000 CR
2011 Holden HSV GTS 65,000 CR
1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B 2,200,000 CR
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi 1,000,000 CR
2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI 24,000 CR

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 7,000 CR
2011 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R18 TDI 2,500,000 CR
1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1 900,000 CR
2011 Bentley Platinum Motorsports Continental GT 550,000 CR
2010 Dodge Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Challenger SRT8 95,000 CR
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R 27,000 CR
2011 Holden HSV GTS 65,000 CR
1991 Mazda #55 Team Mazdaspeed 787B 2,200,000 CR
2011 Panoz #050 Panoz Racing Abruzzi 1,000,000 CR
2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI 24,000 CR

god damn, i hate in game DLC pricing.

whats the car pack only car, the R18?

Shaneus

Would you rather you just instantly get the cars in your garage?
I think one suggestion that was offered was to give a certain cash amount with each pack. Which reminds me... what happened to the credit compensation we were due for the US muscle car pack that was given in the VIP and the subscription?

guest1321

I think one suggestion that was offered was to give a certain cash amount with each pack. Which reminds me... what happened to the credit compensation we were due for the US muscle car pack that was given in the VIP and the subscription?

Eh, I don't know about giving credits with packs. I think it would cater to a certain crowd but I think the core players enjoy "saving" up for cars rather then them just being given to them. I'm rather indifferent to the situation, I am more curious as to the general thought on this of the community.

The DLC looks fantastic. Is this the last pack in the Season Pass? I have a feeling if - and it's a big if - there's ever a track it will come AFTER the season pass expires.

A few shots for good measure.

6821104573_3d3d11003d_b.jpg

6821103911_1481af79f3_b.jpg

6777498519_c3315659cc_b.jpg

6821103741_2435400d43_b.jpg

6821104459_6723e637a1_b.jpg

6821103809_52c52124c4_b.jpg

6821103983_ff99d6b8ed_b.jpg

op_ivy

abso-fucking-lutely. the whole idea, iirc, is to not have the cars lose their value in the games economy - but, cars bought with real life money wouldnt do that, you see, real life money has its own economy. real life money >>>>>> in game credits.

when you reach level 150, credits all but dry up. if i bought the dlc pack tuesday, i wouldnt even be able to use most of the cars in my career - where i spend the majority of my time racing these days. thats crazy.

G Rom

Thanks for the list BADNED, lots of expensive cars as I suspected.

It's pretty sad how this thread has dried up, especially since it moved to the community forum. We're on the verge of getting one of the best DLC in Forza's history and there's almost no one here. I know it's the superbowl and all but usually by that time, we'd have photos of the DLC by Shortt, liveries by Hertz, etc... :-/

On the subject of DLC cars having to be bought in-game, I think they should give some money with the DLC or use the VIP gift cars to give some of the expensive cars like in, you know, FM3...

guest1321

Alright well if no one else is going to say it I will. Funny bunny, that Bentley looks silly. Also, I'm not too familiar with pirelli tires, but that checkered patten on the edge of the tire looks like continental to me.

Mascot

NEVA!!

Personal opinions, but I strongly feel that the series needs a massive overhaul for FM5. World Tour in FM4 was a step in the right direction but was instantly redundant due to the totally broken 'adaptive AI' that never worked from day one.
I'm still formulating in my own head what I'd like from FM5, but some form of race-day atmosphere would certainly be near the top of the list. GRID showed how effective this could be several years ago, but Forza still remains a pretty sterile experience.
I'd like drag and drift dropping. Both are half-assed and should be catered for properly in separate games. For me, they detract from the Forza experience, not add to it.
Autovista is pretty, but pointless, and must be a significant drain on development resources.
FM5 should also finally have hardware suppport necessary to do night racing and variable weather without performance hits. I'm not bothered that these have both been missing up until now, but if they are ignored for the next iteration then serious questions will be asked.

With new hardware, the opportunity will exist for Turn 10 to build on the core foundations of FM4 and introduce innovative enrichments to the series, but I've got a horrible feeling that all we will get is FM4, complete with all its inherent shortcomings but with a sniny new coat of paint.

It's pretty sad how this thread has dried up, especially since it moved to the community forum.

I'm really looking forward to racing again. Not much to talk about— I don't have the new DLC yet, though I am looking forward to it.

I want Spa, the full roster of balanced GT3 cars from the past five years, and a better AI.

SarBear

Thanks for the list BADNED, lots of expensive cars as I suspected.

It's pretty sad how this thread has dried up, especially since it moved to the community forum. We're on the verge of getting one of the best DLC in Forza's history and there's almost no one here. I know it's the superbowl and all but usually by that time, we'd have photos of the DLC by Shortt, liveries by Hertz, etc... :-/

On the subject of DLC cars having to be bought in-game, I think they should give some money with the DLC or use the VIP gift cars to give some of the expensive cars like in, you know, FM3...

I lost my live subscription. :(

I could organize events until I get a new one, but that's all up to you guys that wanna do some races.

op_ivy

Personal opinions, but I strongly feel that the series needs a massive overhaul for FM5. World Tour in FM4 was a step in the right direction but was instantly redundant due to the totally broken 'adaptive AI' that never worked from day one.
I'm still formulating in my own head what I'd like from FM5, but some form of race-day atmosphere would certainly be near the top of the list. GRID showed how effective this could be several years ago, but Forza still remains a pretty sterile experience.
I'd like drag and drift dropping. Both are half-assed and should be catered for properly in separate games. For me, they detract from the Forza experience, not add to it.
Autovista is pretty, but pointless, and must be a significant drain on development resources.
FM5 should also finally have hardware suppport necessary to do night racing and variable weather without performance hits. I'm not bothered that these have both been missing up until now, but if they are ignored for the next iteration then serious questions will be asked.

With new hardware, the opportunity will exist for Turn 10 to build on the core foundations of FM4 and introduce innovative enrichments to the series, but I've got a horrible feeling that all we will get is FM4, complete with all its inherent shortcomings but with a sniny new coat of paint.

i've been thinking about the direction of fm5's career too. personally, i'd like to see something like what project cars was going to do, which features multiple race discipline paths

itcxKFqk11xKz.jpg

i dont necessarily want them as locked in as seen here, but the main idea of graduating from certain types of racing moves you onto choices of what to race next. imagine beginning your fm5 career by choosing your allegiance to a global region (NA/Euro/Asia). you pick an entry level vehicle from that region and compete at various spec races, autocross, time trials, etc, eventually culminating in a regional amateur race series for the championship. this portion would be quite similar to how the events have been in forzas past.

after placing well, you can chose to race in other regions as well for experience or your management team gets offers from some professional series that have their own ladders to climb and progress from training and practice, to track days, to the big league series championships. these could be based on, or ideally actually licensed, and could be things like WRC, Le Mans, F1, V8 super cars, etc, complete with an attempt to capture each unique rule set and strategy (ie, not ultra simplified like previous forzas).

i was also thinking this could be a terrific way to add dlc content. say for example the game shipped with a Le Mans, F1, and WRC career path. down the road, turn 10 could offer a DLC pack, for $10-20, opening up the v8 supercars path with loads of cars and tracks that are raced in that particular series and rule set. for disciplines that ship on the disc, there could be cheaper dlc packs offering a "season 2" with a few new tracks and cars.

just day dreaming

Don't worry, as soon as the DLC hits I will have some pics and videos up. I didn't get any early codes this time so I am waiting until Tues.

And SarBear, let me look around to see if I can find any more free months or anything. We gotta get you back in!

SarBear

Don't worry, as soon as the DLC hits I will have some pics and videos up. I didn't get any early codes this time so I am waiting until Tues.

And SarBear, let me look around to see if I can find any more free months or anything. We gotta get you back in!

Thank you. I should be able to get a full year in a couple weeks, though. Do you still have that discount on points/subs?

Thank you. I should be able to get a full year in a couple weeks, though. Do you still have that discount on points/subs?

Yessir! I will see what I can do about getting you the year. We gotta get everyone up and running again.

I seriously can't wait for the 787B and the Audi S1. More Group B please! Would love to have the road version of the 205 T16!

SarBear

Yessir! I will see what I can do about getting you the year. We gotta get everyone up and running again.

I seriously can't wait for the 787B and the Audi S1. More Group B please! Would love to have the road version of the 205 T16!

Obviously I would reimburse you for it.

h3ro

Similar to how GT handled the DLC. I think a credit bonus would be nice, wouldn't have to cover the cost of all the cars, but maybe 3-4 Million credits to at least be able to cover the Mazda and a few other cars.

saladine1

Everyone will have different ideas and suggestions for the next Forza game which is a good thing.
Personally, I wouldn't want Turn 10 to drop any discipline from the game. Drag and drift are very popular so it should stay. But, they definitely need to give those things an overhaul. Dedicated drag and drift events need to incorporate more reality and fanfare.
Drag for example, needs to have a working tree, staging, burnout, chassis and tyre mods , proper drag gearboxes..etc..in order to convey the sport faithfully.

My biggest request has been race day atmosphere. I want to feel that i'm at a race meet. I want to make my race stand for more than just collecting the next car. I want on track rivalry, a proper racing season, track marshalls and pit crews,radio chatter, big crowds, TV style commentary and crews.
I want to have tyre blowouts, blown turbos and overheating engines and components. I want better AI where the races are grueling and palm sweating affairs.
I want a seasoned mechanic or manager to stand side by side with me as I progress through the ranks...etc etc...

Whatever happens, Turn 10 need to start from scratch. They need to really overhaul the series or they will start to become COD like. They have an excellent base to build upon with awesome physics , amazing audio,gorgeous graphics and a sand box upgrade/customization system. IMO, they need to start looking at other games such as GRID/DiRT/TOCA, SHIFT..etc and take some lessons from them in order to deliver a better career progression system and a better racing experience overall...

G Rom

I'd love to get the 205 T16 as well but unfortunately BADNED said recently that it wasn't on horizon at the moment... :(

Speaking of Peugeot, I wonder if we'll get the 208 GTI before FM5. It should be a nice little car if rumors of it getting the ~200 hp engine of the RCZ and weighting no more than 1100 kg are true.

sneaky77

Similar to how GT handled the DLC. I think a credit bonus would be nice, wouldn't have to cover the cost of all the cars, but maybe 3-4 Million credits to at least be able to cover the Mazda and a few other cars.

I would just rather the DLC cars show up on the garage but they have no resell value like the gift cards, that way it doesn't affect the game economy all that much.

Jube3

Sent a few codes out via PM, I have 2 more.

Here is a random one, first come first serve. Not sure if this is the right way to link it, I think email is the code for Registered users.
RTKFY-XJ6TG-9JMPV-6MPQC-7MKTZ

guest1321

Sent a few codes out via PM, I have 2 more.

Here is a random one, first come first serve. Not sure if this is the right way to link it, I think email is the code for Registered users.
RTKFY-XJ6TG-9JMPV-6MPQC-7MKTZ

Thank you Jube! Tuesday was going to be too long to wait!!!!!

G Rom

Thanks a lot Jube !
Although, damn you for making the day I just started unbearable ! :lol
Can't wait to download the DLC and drive dat 787B and dat S1 !! :eek:

amar212

Well, that is the only logical way, yes.

One car per model added to the garage, if you want to buy multiples, Dealership awaits you.

I still do not really understand the current logic and can't find a logical way to justify that. It was a great problem in FM3-era and I was really hoping how they will resolve that issue by actually changing it in positive matter.

Hopes for the future I guess.

G Rom

The GT5 system is great but the paint system odf the game ruins it IMO (I wasn't lucky so I have to buy another Aventador to get it in matte black...).
Fortunately, FM4 is less limited in that regard so to make sure the auction house isn't filled with cheap DLC cars, they could just lock the gifted DLC cars the same way the unicorns are locked (can't be gifted/sold/auctioned).

G Rom

Few things on the DLC :

- There are
two full sets of OEM body kits (rear and front bumper, side skirts and spoiler)
on the Alfa
- The Mustang can be turned into a
sleeper with OEM kits
, a
Saleen
and there's another set of kit
- The S1 sounds fucking fantastic and the cockpit is incredibly detailed
- The Polo is really well done although a bit disappointed at the lack of customization and, as always with VW, AWD is the only drivetrain swap available... :(
- The R18 modeling is top notch stuff as well
- I haven't tried the Bentley but it looks really good in the menu, the paint especially
- Haven't tried the SRT8 yet either since I'm not really into it
- The HSV is a car with weird bumpers IMO but it sounds great and seems to be a really fun car to drive

Have to try the Panoz and then it's all about the 787B !! :)

I'll post some Big Shots and videos as always.

op_ivy

few quickie HDR screens - sorry again for the watermark, using a trial version on my work computer.

6830665343_380deab79d_b.jpg

6830667391_9e21c55816_b.jpg

6830663755_5295f524c3_b.jpg

guest1321

Ivy, the r18 looks awesome. Somethingabout the reflections on the windshield and the headlamps make it actually seem like plexiglass. KEEPEMCOMINGPLEASE

op_ivy

Ivy, the r18 looks awesome. Somethingabout the reflections on the windshield and the headlamps make it actually seem like plexiglass. KEEPEMCOMINGPLEASE

thanks, thats the only one of the three i'm happy with how it came out. more to come latter.

G Rom

The 787B... there's no word... pure eargasm :O

Three Big Shots :
forzabigshot-8usik1.jpg

forzabigshot-9mpceu.jpg

forzabigshot7a0eyu.jpg

I made the same comment for the Lambo last month but recent DLC race cars really have some insane texture quality going on.

Top Bottom