• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

SarBear

6797932801_20ac3c744d_z.jpg

6797950029_58a041d757_z.jpg

6797933383_a599f80765_z.jpg

The Bentley and SRT8 are aftermarket junk and a waste of two DLC slots. The rest of the cars are pretty cool, though.

Where's the new cars though? FM3 DLC was too heavily focused on new cars while FM4 is too heavily focused on older stuff. Where's the balance?

G Rom

The Bentley and SRT8 are aftermarket junk and a waste of two DLC slots. The rest of the cars are pretty cool, though.

Where's the new cars though? FM3 DLC was too heavily focused on new cars while FM4 is too heavily focused on older stuff. Where's the balance?
Actually, FM4's DLC is way more balanced in term of old/new cars IMO. Packs span over decades, bring some highly requested old cars (the Mustang and the 787B of this pack are good examples), bring recent supercars (Aventador, Huyara), add recent "normal" cars, add recent racecars and sometimes even bring some totally unexpected surprises (Monster SX4, Pinto and now the Quattro S1).

BTW, a small tidbit about the 787B :
BADNED said:
Some data was aquired during Le Mans but the majority was done during the rebuilt of the car in Japan for the 20 Years celebration at Le Mans.
How I'd love to see making-of stuff for this kind of car...

Shaneus

BTW, a small tidbit about the 787B :

How I'd love to see making-of stuff for this kind of car...
I wonder if this would be the most accurate simulation of the 787B yet, given that all other data available prior to it's outing last year would've just been numbers on a page?

Seanspeed

Banned
How is this an 'ALMS pack' exactly? :? What a weird way to market it. Have Audi even confirmed that they'd be taking part in the full season?

There'll be some fun cars to drive, but I dont get the hype over this one.

Anyways, I wont be racing this coming weekend. Superbowl party, ya know? And even though its not super important, this last weekend, it wasn't actually me online playing during y'alls race. I was lying in bed reading a book while my roommate played Battlefield. I just dont want y'all to think I'm that crass as to say I wont race and still have the gall to be online at the same time.

After this weekend, though, I'm ready to get back into the thick of it. I really think there should have been a break between seasons. There was bound to be a lull and its no surprise that things quieted down afterwards. Considering the amount of car-building and testing involved, it was quite a commitment. I think things will get more active in the coming times.

amar212

One small detail.

Official Authenticity Bow™ for S1 livery:

1986_Audi_Sport_quattro_S1_1_WM.jpg

Despite "HB" being a cigarette brand (very popular in the 80's, I presume discontinued today) - and thus probably being subject of some legislatives regarding tobacco-advertising and such crap of today - it is still there.

Nice detail.

guest1321

For the uninitiated:

787B Goodness
787B Goodness 2

edit- Man, I wish Turn 10 incorporates better doppler effects for FM5!
edit again- ...and better shifting effects

After realizing that this car was banned for its rotary engine and after having watched those videos I can say I am much more excited for the car pack. Only 6 more days?

Where is Hertz Donut these days? I would love to see some of his liveries on this pack:)

And randomly, it is just me or is the Koenigsegg built for suicidal drivers? I never did play Forza 3 long enough to get into the R2-R3 range of cars, so driving monsters like this is a first for me. But seeing as how Turn 10 gifted me a nice shiny new Koenigsegg I figured I'd use it on the next applicable career race: Bernese Alps Festival Reverse...

My God I have never wrestled to maintain control of a car this much. I try to gently correct a smidge of oversteer and whammo, my life flashes before my eyes as I spin around like a top 50 times before launching directly into orbit.

Its fun as hell, but one psychotic ride, especially for a newb like myself. Either I'll need to change my underwear between events or scrape enough to buy a nice Zonda.

After watching the latest Top Gear, Liz (syffitf) had a great idea for an upcoming race. Taking the Aventador, 458, Noble M600 and McLaren MP4 around Mugello. I am not sure how close they are on PI, but I would love to do it stock. I am going to do some tests soon to see how feasible it is.

And randomly, it is just me or is the Koenigsegg built for suicidal drivers? I never did play Forza 3 long enough to get into the R2-R3 range of cars, so driving monsters like this is a first for me. But seeing as how Turn 10 gifted me a nice shiny new Koenigsegg I figured I'd use it on the next applicable career race: Bernese Alps Festival Reverse...

My God I have never wrestled to maintain control of a car this much. I try to gently correct a smidge of oversteer and whammo, my life flashes before my eyes as I spin around like a top 50 times before launching directly into orbit.

Its fun as hell, but one psychotic ride, especially for a newb like myself. Either I'll need to change my underwear between events or scrape enough to buy a nice Zonda.

You should try the SSC Ultimate Aero. There is no such thing as traction with that car. It is more terrifying than any Koenigsegg.

After watching the latest Top Gear, Liz (syffitf) had a great idea for an upcoming race. Taking the Aventador, 458, Noble M600 and McLaren MP4 around Mugello.
If Forza had four player split screen, we would have done this immediately after we screened it last night.

Forza on XBox 7 Phone Zune Windows (or whatever name the marketing brain trust at MS comes up with) should really have this.

shinnn

1992_Alfa_Romeo_Q4_1_WM.jpg

fm.net: "It’s a fun drive with a body style that’s begging for a race replica livery in Forza 4."

So does it means DTM bodykit?

Awesome package.

Seanspeed

Banned

Which Koenigsegg were you using? I haven't tried them all, but I know the Agera is quite a decent car to drive. It'll give you hell if you just mash the throttle, but with careful modulation, even without traction control its quite driveable. Surprisingly driveable, actually, for a car with 940hp.

You should try the SSC Ultimate Aero. There is no such thing as traction with that car. It is more terrifying than any Koenigsegg.
This thing is the definition of undriveable. Even at the top of 4th gear, you still get massive wheelspin.

After watching the latest Top Gear, Liz (syffitf) had a great idea for an upcoming race. Taking the Aventador, 458, Noble M600 and McLaren MP4 around Mugello. I am not sure how close they are on PI, but I would love to do it stock. I am going to do some tests soon to see how feasible it is.
I just tried them out(sounds like a good idea, too). I dont have the Noble, though. I guess that was a CE car or something? Anyways for the rest of them:

- The Aventador is a good deal higher in PI, and for a reason. Even though it has AWD, its still about 1 to 1.5 seconds faster than the others. Handles well and predictably and has pretty good brakes to boot. Managed a 2:00.5 on a decent lap.

- The Mclaren is ultimately just a smidge faster than the Ferrari around a lap, but its harder to drive. Around Mugello, its top speed is actually noticeably higher than the Ferrari's and nearly as quick as the Aventador thanks to its massive acceleration, but its brakes are quite poor, so you have to slow it down quite early. I have to brake a good 20-30m before the Aventador at the end of the main straight. And like I said, its a bit difficult to drive, largely because of understeer. Cornering speed is decent, but placing it correctly through the corner to get the most of that cornering speed is a bit tricky. Did a 2:01.7 on a decent lap.

- The Ferrari is the slowest of the 3 around Mugello, but its the nicest to drive. Still has slight understeer, but compared to the Mclaren, its quite neutral. Through a whole race, I think it'd keep up with the Mclaren simply because its easier to drive it consistently. It feels nice and agile and has good brakes. I acheived a 2:02.0 on a respectable lap.

I think Ferrari vs Mclaren would be good, but the Aventador would clearly beat the others. Its almost as easy to drive as the Ferrari and is a good deal quicker around a lap. I have no idea how the Noble would compare.

Which Koenigsegg were you using? I haven't tried them all, but I know the Agera is quite a decent car to drive. It'll give you hell if you just mash the throttle, but with careful modulation, even without traction control its quite driveable. Surprisingly driveable, actually, for a car with 940hp.
Not sure off the top of my head. But it's the 343 Studios-branded gift car they sent out recently.

You're absolutely right about careful modulating which is why I have so much fun driving it. Its very sensitive and a beast on the straights, but it forces me to really feel and react to every nuance and every bit of feedback the game provides, with disastrous results if you over-correct a tad too much.

I'm looking forward to taming it though.

guest1321

Not sure off the top of my head. But it's the 343 Studios-branded gift car they sent out recently.

You're absolutely right about careful modulating which is why I have so much fun driving it. Its very sensitive and a beast on the straights, but it forces me to really feel and react to every nuance and every bit of feedback the game provides, with disastrous results if you over-correct a tad too much.

I'm looking forward to taming it though.

It is th CCGT.

I've got the noble so I'll give that a lap around mugello later tonight. What layout? Did you use seanspeed?

G Rom

The CCGT was already a crazy beast in FM3.
Actually, I bought a CCGT in FM4 last week at full price, just before they gifted one, fml... :-/

I'd be surprised if we got a full DTM body kit for the Alfa. IIRC, it had a wide bodykit which we all know isn't possible in FM (hopefully in FM5).

saladine1

The CCGT was already a crazy beast in FM3.
Actually, I bought a CCGT in FM4 last week at full price, just before they gifted one, fml... :-/

I'd be surprised if we got a full DTM body kit for the Alfa. IIRC, it had a wide bodykit which we all know isn't possible in FM (hopefully in FM5).

Why isn't it possible?

And i'm still holding high,high hopes for a track dlc.
BADNED, you promised me an Aussie track. You promised me......cries....

G Rom

When I said not possible, I meant that there was no option in the game at the moment. It was in the famous TofuR cut features list though so it may appear in the future.

And yeah, I remember that teasing by BADNED but to be fair, he removed it soon after posting it. I guess he was right to do so considering we didn't get anything (yet ?).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hey, he might be good! based on how much he's training for fights these days, he probably has a lot of spare time on his hands :p

guest1321

Aw, wasn't my intention man. Sorry.

Haha it is all good. So I got a chance to take th noble for a spin today. I left it at stock ( 722 or 772 PI?), and ran it with tcs on as I had no chance of taming that beast.

On my cleaner lap (had some issues with the ass end sliding out and forcing a rewind), I was able to get it down to a 2:01:46.

I didn't know if it was supposed to be run stock or not but as I didn't run it fully upgraded to the tip of its class I'd imagine it would be possible to drop the time quite a bit.

I think with a better driver at the helm and the upgrades it could feasibly drop in the 1:57 range possibly even high 1:56.

On another note:
I don't know if I'm more excited for the super bowl or for the car pack.

Let it go, man.
Pains me to say it, but it ain't gonna happen.

At this point...I don't think so either.

I realize I'm sounding like a major whiner lately in each post, but it annoys me that two years of development went to Indy, which besides the oval, is widely regarded as a terrible track by fans and racers alike. Yet Spa and Bathurst have been requested for near 5 years now and we're still waiting.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
look on the bright side, no track dlc for fm4 means more "fresh" tracks for fm5.

:/

I really can't wait for the 787B and the Audi S1. I am doubting there will be any type of swap options, but I am curious how much HP they will let us wring out of that 5 cylinder.

I might also be on Sunday at the normal time if anyone wants to do some random races. I haven't decided yet and it depends on what the girls want to do.

I know G Rom does a really good job of getting videos up of the DLC, but I will also try to get some up. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Top Bottom