• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus said:
Good luck and godspeed.

That would make sense! I'm pretty sure there has been a change in shape between the 2008 and 2010 cars so it would be weird to see current liveries on older shapes, but we'll see.
(re.JB HiFi)
I regret to inform the community that I have failed in my quest. I will sacrifice myself to the gods for my mis-deed (after I play fm4 on Thursday).
I apologize for my ineptitude.

I begged and pleaded, outstretched my arms with my eyes closed, but I was told that the employees job was more important than me getting the game early - LIES!!!

Guess I'll just have to wait.

H3rTz DoNuT said:
For what car is the paint? Or give me some keywords to find it and I'll get it ;)

One is for a Datsun 510, and the other is for the Ford RS200. I am in the GAF Club, so if you add me to your favorites you can go straight to my storefront.

And I am reaching a rather large dilemma. Do I race from the cockpit or the hood cam? The cockpit is now really nice and immersive, but the hood cam has the AMAZING sound full bore. So immersion or sound, what say ye ForzaGaf?

And Jube, any idea on when the Car Tokens will be available for purchase?

Shaneus

evil_as_skeletor said:
(re.JB HiFi)
I regret to inform the community that I have failed in my quest. I will sacrifice myself to the gods for my mis-deed (after I play fm4 on Thursday).
I apologize for my ineptitude.

I begged and pleaded, outstretched my arms with my eyes closed, but I was told that the employees job was more important than me getting the game early - LIES!!!

Guess I'll just have to wait.
According to someone in AusGAF, apparently JB in Perth has broken, but I don't know any more deets. Appreciate the valiant effort though, good sir. If I shall come across any worthy rewards in my travels, I shall pass them onto thou as a form of gratitude.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Shaneus said:
According to someone in AusGAF, apparently JB in Perth has broken, but I don't know any more deets. Appreciate the valiant effort though, good sir. If I shall come across any worthy rewards in my travels, I shall pass them onto thou as a form of gratitude.
If you were truly dedicated to the cause you would be on a plane to Perth right now.

ShapeGSX said:
No, it is actually just very subtle. In the Fanatec wheel settings, set ABS to something low like 50%, and both the wheel and the brake pedal will vibrate when you get to 50% pressure. It doesn't vibrate much, though. I can't really feel it through my sneakers.
Just tried it and was like holy shit it worked.

Then I tested it by taking it off my wheel stand and the vibration isn't much of anything. Using it on the PC gives you much more vibration.
Yoritomo said:
Will I get kicked from gaf car club if I use a My little pony livery?
I have no authority, but yes :p

Shaneus

user_nat said:
If you were truly dedicated to the cause you would be on a plane to Perth right now.
I might be desperate, but I'm not willing to risk my life by going over to Perth. Besides, I think I might need to change currency to buy stuff over there.

Shaneus said:
At least my lunch time wasn't all wasted. I managed to grab some beers. Reward enough for now!

How can you see people's 'Big Shots'? I want to check out the quality.

ShapeGSX said:
No, it is actually just very subtle. In the Fanatec wheel settings, set ABS to something low like 50%, and both the wheel and the brake pedal will vibrate when you get to 50% pressure. It doesn't vibrate much, though. I can't really feel it through my sneakers.

Yeah, same. It does vibrate but very subtle. Luckily I wear sexy ankle socks instead of shoes so it makes a difference.

Xanadu said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-evolution-forza-motorsport/722069

may have been posted already but this is a cool vid

forza 1 looks great to this day, and forza 2 looks hardly any better lol, forza 4 is what 2 should have looked like IMO, we really havent come that far this gen have we? compare GT2 to GT3, now THAT was a huge step

Wow, really? Yeah, Forza 2 to Forza 4 is a barely noticeable change. I mean, they look like the same game don't they? And there is no difference in physics or anything. Geez, it makes you wonder what they have been doing with all that time.

And GT2 was on the PS1 and GT3 was on the PS2, so I don't quite understand your point. Those were two different games on different generations.

Liquidsnake said:
Does ABS slow me down on turns and keep me from properly accelerating out of them?

Nope, it only affects braking. Threshold braking is actually faster and better than using the ABS, so that is why some people turn it off. However, you can still do that with the ABS on so I usually keep it on as a "backup" if I screw up a braking point too bad.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Wow, really? Yeah, Forza 2 to Forza 4 is a barely noticeable change. I mean, they look like the same game don't they? And there is no difference in physics or anything. Geez, it makes you wonder what they have been doing with all that time.

And GT2 was on the PS1 and GT3 was on the PS2, so I don't quite understand your point. Those were two different games on different generations.
ha? i'm saying forza 2 should have looked like 4, 4 looks awesome and 2 didnt. physics? why the hell are you bringing those up? the videos about graphics lol. and yes your point? i'm saying we as in the graphics as a whole haven't come as far this gen as they did last gen

gotee12

flyinpiranha said:
Yeah, same. It does vibrate but very subtle. Luckily I wear sexy ankle socks instead of shoes so it makes a difference.
Vibram FiveFingers are what all the cool kids are using to work their pedal magic...

Hawk269

Liquidsnake said:
I got my collectors edition. Installing disc two. :)

Mind letting us know the install size. I am just curious how much of the 2nd disc they used. Forza 3 only used 1.9gb on the 2nd disk.

gotee12 said:
Vibram FiveFingers are what all the cool kids are using to work their pedal magic...

LOL, I won't lie, I was getting a new pair of sandals at REI and looked at those and thought these would be awesome for the CSPs. But alas, $100 for driving booties wouldn't have been easy to explain.

gotee12 said:
Off topic, Vibrams are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn in my life. No joke.

And you don't look the least bit foolish while on the couch in your boxers playing a racing vidya game in them. Believe it.

Heh, I probably will snag a pair next summer, I just really needed a hiking pair of sandals and the lady said the tread wears pretty quickly (1 -2 years) if worn as much as I wear my Keens.

For now, booty socks!

gotee12

flyinpiranha said:
LOL, I won't lie, I was getting a new pair of sandals at REI and looked at those and thought these would be awesome for the CSPs. But alas, $100 for driving booties wouldn't have been easy to explain.
Off topic, Vibrams are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn in my life. No joke.

And you don't look the least bit foolish while on the couch in your boxers playing a racing vidya game in them. Believe it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how much space do i need free'd up to install all the additional content (2nd dvd, day 1 dlc, etc)?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shortt Sirket said:
I believe it was around 2 gigs.

lol, i went through and cleared off lots of old xbla games and got to nearly 8 gigs. oh well, now i have room for the positano DLC, right jube? ;)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
op_ivy said:
lol, i went through and cleared off lots of old xbla games and got to nearly 8 gigs. oh well, now i have room for the positano DLC, right jube? ;)
That should be about enough space to install disc 1 also. Faster loading = win.

Car Tokens are up for purchase. There is now a Ferrari 250 TR in the Gaf Garage.

I figured they would do this, but the cars you buy with tokens only have a sale price of 100cr and cannot be put up for auction. I was hoping to sell them for a bunch of credits to help with my Unicorn purchase. Ah well.

What other super rare cars do you guys want in the Gaf Garage?

Hawk269

Does the install work the same way as Forza 3? Where you Install disk 1, start the game, then it asks to install disk 2 or can you just install both disks from the dashboard?

I'm sorry for spam but I'm trying different settings for pictures ;)

6233362342_186c594c7e_h7mm.jpg

Shortt Sirket said:
Car Tokens are up for purchase. There is now a Ferrari 250 TR in the Gaf Garage.

I figured they would do this, but the cars you buy with tokens only have a sale price of 100cr and cannot be put up for auction. I was hoping to sell them for a bunch of credits to help with my Unicorn purchase. Ah well.

What other super rare cars do you guys want in the Gaf Garage?

That's weird but I guess I understand. It's for people that want to drive the cars and don't have the time, I guess this keeps people from exploiting and getting tons of credits to have a market on the unicorns.

AMUSIX

I've got to learn to take pictures...I always stare at the images posted here, just amazed by how good it looks, even though I know I'm playing the same game.

I guess I should use higher-end cars...though I love my '90 Savannah RX-7, and my Lancia...something about their models just don't seem to photograph as well as a lot of these other cars.

Yoritomo said:
Will I get kicked from gaf car club if I use a My little pony livery?
Oh man, I hadn't considered this! So totally making a Pony car to take online. It'll be the successor to the Hello Kitty M3 I used in Forza 2.

AMUSIX

RomanticHeroX said:
Oh man, I hadn't considered this! So totally making a Pony car to take online. It'll be the successor to the Hello Kitty M3 I used in Forza 2.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind a good Rainbow Dash car...and I'm certainly no part of Pony-GAF...just not my thing.

Shortt Sirket said:
Hmm... McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron SS or Aston Martin DBR1?
McLaren F1...I'd say the Aston Martin, but I think you can buy it for a bit less than the McLaren.

Man, I want to get a Fanatec Wheel...does anyone know when the CSR (cheap) pedals are supposed to arrive?

Looking at my other option it would be around $550 with the Rennsport Stand, Club pedals and the CSR wheel ...

I guess I could always go with this

T-XBOX360-735-3__xbox-360-accessories.jpg

AMUSIX

Ha...the Storefronts are moving fast tonight...I was busy uploading a series of Phantasy Star Online logos (these guys..there are 10 in all):
MgvvS.gif
twCub.gif
q5EvD.gif

...and every time I'd upload one, it'd get a purchase or two. Very different from the past few days.

Guess that means the launch rush is finally here...welcome everyone!

AMUSIX

MarleyManiac said:
Man, I want to get a Fanatec Wheel...does anyone know when the CSR (cheap) pedals are supposed to arrive?

Looking at my other option it would be around $550 with the Rennsport Stand, Club pedals and the CSR wheel ...

I guess I could always go with this

T-XBOX360-735-3__xbox-360-accessories.jpg
GOD DAMNIT! I bought the Speed Wheel...what an idiot I am! Why the hell didn't I know about that glorious bit of craftsmanship??? I could have enhanced my racing experience to no end with that thing!

the speed wheel is awesome

U2NUMB

So about to hit buy on the Season Pass... I assume nobody has had any issues buying this prior to playing the game right?

Please tell me rumors of Perth JB Hi-Fi breaking release are true. I am dying for this game!

Update: So my local EB Games said they have not heard of anything yet. Sigh

nib95

Banned
H3rTz DoNuT said:
Thanks Jube3 :D Here is another one I like... I might spend more time taking pictures than painting this time ;)

6233407726_b49c31c95c_z7kx.jpg
Holy shit I want one. In real life. How much does one of these set someone back?

Top Bottom