• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

amar212

They need the Michelin Test Track from PGR4 as their token test track. .

That was one damn good track to master and so perfect in execution. Kudos for remembering it.

However, licensing should not a problem, it is only copyright issue (about who has the rights on it). It is not a real Michelin track, it is fictional track made by Bizzare guys during early development of PGR games prior the PGR4. It could be easily re-branded - but it is really a great layout, no doubt about it.

Shaneus

That was one damn good track to master and so perfect in execution. Kudos for remembering it.

However, licensing should not a problem, it is only copyright issue (about who has the rights on it). It is not a real Michelin track, it is fictional track made by Bizzare guys during early development of PGR games prior the PGR4. It could be easily re-branded - but it is really a great layout, no doubt about it.
Pun intended?

BTW I had no idea that was a fictional track... honestly thought it was 100% legit. If that's the case, big props to Bizarre for designing it. Did a killer job!

microtubule

Forza Motorsport: Week in Review 9/21/12

September Pack and Beyond
I wanted to take a moment to recognize the September Pennzoil Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 4, which marks a full year of DLC for Forza 4, the most of any previous Forza Motorsport game. This pack, and all the awesome DLC before it, has come thanks to the dedicated folks here at Turn 10 and I wanted to take a moment to thank them for all their hard work in making sure that Forza 4 fans have access to the kind of high-quality DLC they’ve come to expect from the Forza series.

The September Pennzoil Car Pack is our last regular monthly add-on pack for Forza Motorsport 4, as we prepare to unleash Forza Horizon—and all of its upcoming cool add-on content—on the Xbox 360 starting on October 23. Have no fear, Forza 4 fans, we've still got your back with lots in store in the coming months, including our regular cadence of monthly Rivals events, hopper updates, weekly photo and livery contests, Game With Dev events, and much more. As with this month's Petit Le Mans Challenge, we'll be bringing you Forza 4 lovers more chances to win cool prizes in the coming months as well, including a huge contest that we're planning to debut with the start of the 2013 ALMS season. Look for more information on that, and the rest of the cool things we'll be doing with Forza Motorsport 4, in this space soon.

Overall I thought the car packs were pretty good but can't help but think we needed a few tracks as well though.

DasRaven

Well, if that was it, it was very good. I agree about the need for more tracks though.

I still hope for an "FM4 Ultimate Collection," just so I can get the last 4-5 car packs and perhaps some exclusive DLC on the cheap. But if not, I'll just wait for a weekly sale on the ones I'm missing.

Shaneus

So sad that the September DLC pack is the last for Forza 4. Was hoping they would send the game off with a good track DLC.
I honestly still can't believe that there's been absolutely zero track DLC. Like, none.

At all.

In a driving game.

That absolutely fucking dumbfounds me.

Knowing that, it's almost certainly guaranteed that I'll be holding off on FM5 until track DLC has absolutely been guaranteed. I mean, what's the point in driving around the same small amount of tracks with 500 billion cars? And I sure as hell won't be getting any DLC for Horizon if it's only going to be cars, either.

No track sucks, they should have atleast tried to sell 1 good track to see if people would buy it.

I hope we get others DLC to complete the 700 cars.

DD

Thats why I love Shift 2, even with the horrendous performance of the game. I can even forgive the crappy handling and physics looking at those 35 beautiful tracks on my screen...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i wonder what the interest would be in slightly more expensive DLC but with tracks? what if instead of 560 points for 10 cars they released a track and 10 cars for 1200? i sure hope there is some plan in place for meaningful dlc next time around.

I sold my Xbox360 (and Forza 4) when I built a desktop computer. For the past few weeks all I want is that Xbox360 and Forza 4 back. Forza Horizon is looking great also. I'm going to start looking for cheap racing bundles. I need to play this game again!

microtubule

Shift 2 does have a decent track selection. I really think the non-sterile locales and day/night/weather variation helps; the other game 5 and PGR4 got this right. What FM4 does right is engine sounds which will improve now that Wiswell is on-board and tire modelling/car physics.

Mascot

I honestly still can't believe that there's been absolutely zero track DLC. Like, none.

At all.

In a driving game.

That absolutely fucking dumbfounds me.
Turn 10 will no doubt cite "economic viability" as the reason, claiming car packs make more profit.
Shame they didn't take the attitude of giving (well, selling, but at a lower return) something back to all those fans who've been fattening up the cash cow's udders for the past year by buying car DLC.
Turn 10 must be aware that people want more tracks.

Grassy

I'm prepared to wait another two years for Forza 5 if they can concentrate on including more tracks. Even fantasy ones I don't really care, we just need more tracks of any kind. Lack of tracks is easily the biggest complaint of mine about the series.

Although there are a bunch of other things that piss me off, like where do they get their car stats from because some of them differ greatly from the manufacturers claims. I've been researching the C63 AMG lately, and the Mercedes AMG website says it does 0-100km/h(screw you mph!) in 4.4 seconds but in Forza 4 it does it in 3.9. I know Car & Driver achieved a time of 3.9secs in their review of the C63 so you would have to assume this is where they got their info from, not official info from the manufacturer. Which then leads the question of which stats are official and which are just from car reviews or random websites? Being a car nut I'm pretty anal about this stuff, I know 99% of people couldn't give a shit though.

/rant

If they have all the specs, 0-100km/h will be a measurement, not an input.

As for the difference: 100km/h is 62mph, so maybe there's a gear change for those last 2mph. Mercedes Benz could also be sandbagging.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm prepared to wait another two years for Forza 5 if they can concentrate on including more tracks. Even fantasy ones I don't really care, we just need more tracks of any kind. Lack of tracks is easily the biggest complaint of mine about the series.

Although there are a bunch of other things that piss me off, like where do they get their car stats from because some of them differ greatly from the manufacturers claims. I've been researching the C63 AMG lately, and the Mercedes AMG website says it does 0-100km/h(screw you mph!) in 4.4 seconds but in Forza 4 it does it in 3.9. I know Car & Driver achieved a time of 3.9secs in their review of the C63 so you would have to assume this is where they got their info from, not official info from the manufacturer. Which then leads the question of which stats are official and which are just from car reviews or random websites? Being a car nut I'm pretty anal about this stuff, I know 99% of people couldn't give a shit though.

/rant

They've said before that they'll use an actual performance test over a manufacturer claim if they can find one.

Either way, you're kind of setting the bar a little too high in terms of what to expect from reality -> game. Its not as if you can use Forza 4 as a way to determine what car to buy next or anything. They'll continue to try and make it more realistic, but it'll be a long time before you can get in a car in a game and actually have it properly represent what its like to drive it in real-life.

Anyways, as for the races, I'm up for it depending on when y'all hold em.

And SarBear - STOP IT. :(

SarBear

They've said before that they'll use an actual performance test over a manufacturer claim if they can find one.

Either way, you're kind of setting the bar a little too high in terms of what to expect from reality -> game. Its not as if you can use Forza 4 as a way to determine what car to buy next or anything. They'll continue to try and make it more realistic, but it'll be a long time before you can get in a car in a game and actually have it properly represent what its like to drive it in real-life.

I cannot. 'Tis the devil in me that races like that.

Mohonky

I got rid of this game months ago because I was entirely sick of racing around the same tracks. My mate bought the season pass and asked if I was getting it, told him no because it would probably just be a bunch of cars, barely any of which I would actually use and maybe 1 track if we were lucky...apparently even 1 was too much.

That imo, is absolute shit. Unless Turn 10 plan on releasing a game with more tracks (and not just variants of) they can forget it. There isn't even any excuses for not having older tracks in there or at least updating them as discounted DLC. To have absolutely none is pathetic.

What they were thinking is beyond me.

Grassy

Ahh ok I must have missed that somewhere along the line about them using test data over manufacturers claims. Makes sense and I do realise there are a multitude of factors that will affect a cars 0-100 times/performance, I just figured they solely went off manufacturers data.

saladine1

Nooo!

Where's my Mazda RX3, E10/20 Corolla, Ta22 Celica, DR30/R31 Skyline..?

Damn you Turn 10, damn you all to 'ell..

Seriously, i've been waiting since day 1 for the RX3....

DD

Yey, finaly with Live Gold.

DS36_zps15e120d8.jpg

DasRaven

So, quick poll: how many tracks does FM5 need to ship with to make us happy?

FM4 +10, because if they don't fully exploit their ALMS license, they will have truly failed.

North American/ALMS:
Streets of Long Beach
Lime Rock
CTMP Mosport
Mid-Ohio
Streets of Baltimore
VIR

International:
Spa (Belgium)
Bathurst (Australia)
Zandvoort (Netherlands)
Yas Marina (U.A.E)

OrangeOak

FM4 +10, because if they don't fully exploit their ALMS license, they will have truly failed.

North American/ALMS:
Streets of Long Beach
Lime Rock
CTMP Mosport
Mid-Ohio
Streets of Baltimore
VIR

International:
Spa (Belgium)
Bathurst (Australia)
Zandvoort (Netherlands)
Yas Marina (U.A.E)

This.

North American/ALMS:
Streets of Long Beach
Lime Rock
CTMP Mosport
Mid-Ohio
Streets of Baltimore
VIR

International:
Spa (Belgium)
Bathurst (Australia)
Zandvoort (Netherlands)
Yas Marina (U.A.E)

YES.

Plus bring back Amalfi Full and a new NYC variant.

microtubule

@DasRaven for president!

@Union - NYC would be fine but I hope the city ones from OtherGame5 and PGR4 are inspiration for FM5.

The same with the fantasy tracks of old. I like Alps and Sedona is kinda ok but the stuff around it is odd like they built a track and people built homes next to it afterwards.

DD

Hmm, so you want names, huh? Spa, Bathurst, Potrero de los Funes, Brno, Ehra-Lessien Volkswagen Test Track, Surfers Paradise, Adelaide Street Circuit, Interlagos, and the ones from the first Forza, like New York Long, Rio de Janeiro, Pacific Shipyards, Tokyo.

Turn 10 should stop ignoring the south hemisphere.

saladine1

Take out 5 tracks, add in 4, but not Spa or Bathurst?

Exactly.

For the new original track, I would like to see something based on a city/streets.
I propose the wonderful city of Sydney. Harbour Bridge route or Kings Cross. Kings Cross would be ideal,plenty of TnA as a backdrop..

DD

Exactly.

For the new original track, I would like to see something based on a city/streets.
I propose the wonderful city of Sydney. Harbour Bridge route or Kings Cross. Kings Cross would be ideal,plenty of TnA as a backdrop..

PGR2... *¬*

Shaneus

Nooo!

Where's my Mazda RX3, E10/20 Corolla, Ta22 Celica, DR30/R31 Skyline..?

Damn you Turn 10, damn you all to 'ell..

Seriously, i've been waiting since day 1 for the RX3....
Shitful. Absolutely shitful.

North American/ALMS:
Streets of Long Beach
Lime Rock
CTMP Mosport
Mid-Ohio
Streets of Baltimore
VIR

International:
Spa (Belgium)
Bathurst (Australia)
Zandvoort (Netherlands)
Yas Marina (U.A.E)
Oh, let's not forget the V8 Supercars license. How many V8 Supercars tracks are there in FM4? I could count them all with no hands.

No DLC tracks. Seriously. I'm still absolutely fucking dumbfounded. It's looking more and more likely that I won't buy Horizon at all given their attitude. If we didn't get any new modes or tracks in something as broad as FM4, what are the chances we'll get something other than cars for Horizon? Absolutely fucking none.

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
So, quick poll: how many tracks does FM5 need to ship with to make us happy?

At the very least...

All of the missing tracks from Forza Motorsport 1

The Blue Mountains
Pacific Shipyards
Rio De Janerio
Alpine Ring
Tokyo Circuit
New York City Long

All missing tracks from Forza Motorsport 3

Bugatti Circuit
Sidewinder Proving Grounds
Amalfi Full Circuit
New York City Short

All tracks from Forza Motorsport 4

With updated versions of Silverstone & Nordschleife.

Along with a few new additions.

p3tran

Banned
So guys, how about running a small set of races, as horizon is on the way?

I saw helios's post up there
Well if you guys want to start them up again and the interest is there, I'm sure we can chip in with some Unicorns for the various winners.
make that cars in horizon and you are a winner ;)

I'm getting prepared for Forza Horizon in 2 ways, first, I'm trying to finish FM4 for once and all, but also, I'm about to finish my first design for Horizon (just a few decals missing in the rear), which of course I'll use in FM4 until it's out:

8031378349_4c9b3e0029_b.jpg

8031377742_6342546cc5_b.jpg

The problem is, I can't just avoid detailing things. That "simple" livery there is...almost 900 layers big. Because of the Colorado State Patrol badge. Lots of details there.

But doing the design in this car have another problem. The rear license plate is glitched, so it will look terrible...

That's why I also made it in the original car, the 2006 Charger. But in this one, I can't put a bullbar. Shame.

8031376470_0deba4415d_b.jpg

Top Bottom