• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

MouldyK

I just played and won the first series which was 4 or 5 different races and you are awarded points based on your finishing position. Even after the race it list all of the drivers and has markers indicating how many position some drives increased or decreased based on the position they finished in. Out of the 4 races I came in 1st twice, 2nd and 3rd and still won the championship based on my points.

Not sure what the other person is playing, but at least in my very first championship, which I picked the hatchback series it was points based.

No-one is saying it ain’t Points-Based...we are saying it isn’t actually a real Championship.

Here is how Forza would Hand out Driver Points in F1:

Silverstone: 20 for 1st, 15 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd.
Belgium: 40 for 1st, 35 for 2nd, 30 for 3rd.
Japan: 60 for 1st, 55 for 2nd, 50 for 3rd.

While that is still 5 less points each placement...it makes no damn sense why it can’t be an even 40 each race.

About halfway through a series (Sports Cars in the third Championship I think) and was at Indianapolis. First I decided to look at different driver outfits to see what I had got. You can also see all the locked ones too. Then I started the race and there was a big problem. A lot of the graphics were missing - stands, walls, part of the pit lane etc. I assume looking at the outfits may have done something as I had never looked at the outfits before a race before. Quitting and restarting didn't help. Nor did leaving the Championship and starting the race again. I had to quit the game and restart.

Also can you play you're own music as I'd read before? I can't see any option. Coming later in an update or bs? https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-7-will-feature-onedrive-music-support

T Ghost

I just played and won the first series which was 4 or 5 different races and you are awarded points based on your finishing position. Even after the race it list all of the drivers and has markers indicating how many position some drives increased or decreased based on the position they finished in. Out of the 4 races I came in 1st twice, 2nd and 3rd and still won the championship based on my points.

Not sure what the other person is playing, but at least in my very first championship, which I picked the hatchback series it was points based.

Can't say enough of how much a visual improvements, especially IQ wise this game on Xbox One S is over Forza 6. Like WOW difference. Still lots of jaggies and shimmering, but playing certain tracks in F7 and then playing the same in F6 it is a massive improvement....and I cannot stress how impressive the recreation of Maple Valley is! They did such a fantastic job!

Lastly, in the Hatch Back series you race at Sebring at night and fuck is the lighting so damn good, especially as the time passes and it starts to brighten up and at a certain corner you see the sun start to ever slowly rise..such a great look to the lighting on that track.
I totally feel you. The jump on visuals from FM6 is mind blowing on Xbox One S in upscaled 4k HDR. The lighting... Mmmmmm...

Have you notice any differences? (I mean..not the black bars)

FM6 APEX 5160x2160 MSAA8X Ultra

36709892164_a137aba110_o.jpg

FM7 5160x2160 MSAA8X Ultra

36709895314_a58c9ef7a3_o.jpg

37162084220_369fba90cb_o.jpg

37162101100_d641a3f881_o.jpg

36709882944_6c3ba2218d_o.jpg

37372349806_b3ceb98523_o.jpg

Did anyone have issues with the demo and not with the full game on PC? I can't even get the demo to stay open...just crashes after hitting a/enter. Don't wanna buy it if it's not fixed

1080ti, i75820k, newest drivers

Did anyone have issues with the demo and not with the full game on PC? I can't even get the demo to stay open...just crashes after hitting a/enter. Don't wanna buy it if it's not fixed

With the demo I could get round this problem by pressing alt+enter during the Turn 10 logo. In the full game I don't have this problem. In fact it's running pretty well for me. No issues except dodgy shadows in night races.

Not on PC but it was like that for me. I couldn't even do the Porsche race in the demo because it would just crash. Outside of a few random bugs, I haven't had any real problems.

I will say this seems to be the buggiest Forza I have played though. All the others were rock solid but there are still some issues with 7.

Have you notice any differences? (I mean..not the black bars)
*snip*
Well, I can see the rain on the windscreen is better in Forza 6 Apex than in 7. It's been a while since I played Apex but looking now and the downgrade in the rain on the windscreen is pretty explicit.
The other pics, not so certain.

Fun fact, you can't equip mods for endurance races lol WTF T10? Was about to do full length SPA endurance but no mods allowed hahah it's getting better and better!

giphy.gif

Neith

Banned
Fun fact, you can't equip mods for endurance races lol WTF T10? Was about to do full length SPA endurance but no mods allowed hahah it's getting better and better!

giphy.gif

Figured I would post this here: A redditor in one of the main microtransaction threads said that you can earn about 280K-350K doing an oval on the Nascar stuff. This about top of the grind apparently. It seems super slow.

Is it really this slow from those who have played this game? I mean, no way in hell I grind an oval anyway, so it would be much worse apparently if I did not do this.

*snip*
Well, I can see the rain on the windscreen is better in Forza 6 Apex than in 7. It's been a while since I played Apex but looking now and the downgrade in the rain on the windscreen is pretty explicit.
The other pics, not so certain.

Just to clarify,

Tarmac Reflections and rain drops amount on the first Pic series, lighting, headlights and tarmac textures on the 2nd Pic series. Raindrops effect on the windscreen in the 3rd. Something goes wrong with this game...

Figured I would post this here: A redditor in one of the main microtransaction threads said that you can earn about 280K-350K doing an oval on the Nascar stuff. This about top of the grind apparently. It seems super slow.

Is it really this slow from those who have played this game? I mean, no way in hell I grind an oval anyway, so it would be much worse apparently if I did not do this.

No it's not that slow, the more you play the more money you earn. The bigger your car collection the better the rewards, same with player level etc.

I'm just really shocked that I can't equip mods during endurance races. If I chose to do 70 laps on SPA I would like to make it wroth it to me.

Just to clarify,

Tarmac Reflections and rain drops amount on the first Pic series, lighting, headlights and tarmac textures on the 2nd Pic series. Raindrops effect on the windscreen in the 3rd. Something goes wrong with this game...
Ah yes, though the tarmac reflections may be dependent on the wetness of the track. I'll need to look at that. (Also the top one is maybe too reflective? Wet roads are rarely as shiny as glass. And the reflection is there just more diffused by the track detail). And the headlights do look off. Maybe a glitch? It does look like some shortcuts have been taken in development, I admit.

Just to clarify,

Yeah the rain drops from cockpit view are major downgrade. I can't even use the cockpit view during rain cause it looks terrible. And it's duper funny how wipers push rain drops without them connecting with each other lol

I don't think so. I am in the second tier of races and I have $1.5m. And this is after I have easily spent over a million on loot boxes.

The secret is to do the races on long. Perfect amount of laps for a great race with good payouts.

if i buy this game now for xbox one s, will that copy be the same one i can use to get 4K on xbox one x, or will i have to rebuy the game?

also, are the porsches available to all or part of a pack?

giphy.gif

This makes me think instantly that they are scared people will use their 100% cr boosts on endurance only and cash in, I hope that's not the reason for no mods in those races.

hamchan

I don't think so. I am in the second tier of races and I have $1.5m. And this is after I have easily spent over a million on loot boxes.

The secret is to do the races on long. Perfect amount of laps for a great race with good payouts.

This. I was doing it on the shortest, which is the default, and couldn't keep up with car purchases to progress in the campaign. Turning it up to long is the way to go and the way to make mods worth it and get higher payouts, while also having enough laps to catch up to higher difficulty opponents.

Of course, I never had to do this in previous Forzas to progress, but this is just the way Forza 7's progression is tuned right now.

As far as I know / have heard, you can't use mods on Showcases (I don't recall being able to). And endurance races are Showcases.

So you either think they did that on purpose or they were just following the rest of showcases and that's ok.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
if i buy this game now for xbox one s, will that copy be the same one i can use to get 4K on xbox one x, or will i have to rebuy the game?

also, are the porsches available to all or part of a pack?

Same copy.

Porsche is now included for all, not DLC. (At least the ones that probably won't be in the car packs)

As far as I know / have heard, you can't use mods on Showcases (I don't recall being able to). And endurance races are Showcases.

So you either think they did that on purpose or they were just following the rest of showcases and that's ok.

Of course they did it on purpose lol

Hawk269

I was away on Business when the game unlocked and was able to play. When I was done, I checked the file size on Xbox One S and it says it is only 68gb or something close. I thought people were saying it was like 98+? I also just started to download on my PC as well at it shows it at 98gb. What is weird, before I left for my trip I had the game pre-downloaded on the Xbox and it showed 98 gb, but right now it is only at 68 or thereabouts. Is this the correct size or is it not downloading something? I have the Ultimate Edition.

Hawk269

Caved and bought the Ultimate Edition. Downloading now!

Congrats! I have not played as much as I have wanted, but what I have played has been fantastic. I am not too familiar with the loot box controversy so you might want to look into that. From what I see they are bought using in-game credits, but perhaps I am missing something. The game itself has been great though. Looks really good on Xbox One and IQ is leaps above Forza 6. Some of the night to day transitions have been spectacular to look at.

The little rain specs on the windshield do look rubbish in FM7. Seems to be a few downgrades and changes that make it look quite dull at times.

The little rain specs on the windshield do look rubbish in FM7. Seems to be a few downgrades and changes that make it look quite dull at times.

Yeah really bad looking stuff. I almost bought Xbox One X for Forza 7 but after seeing PC footage (and I'm sure that how it will look on new xbox) the upgrade is not worth $500 and since I moved to PlayStation some time ago (I just keep xbox for forza games) upgrading console just for this game doesn't seem smart lol

Yeah really bad looking stuff. I almost bought Xbox One X for Forza 7 but after seeing PC footage (and I'm sure that how it will look on new xbox) the upgrade is not worth $500 and since I moved to PlayStation some time ago (I just keep xbox for forza games) upgrading console just for this game doesn't seem smart lol

Damn, gonna miss your work man!

nikos

Congrats! I have not played as much as I have wanted, but what I have played has been fantastic. I am not too familiar with the loot box controversy so you might want to look into that. From what I see they are bought using in-game credits, but perhaps I am missing something. The game itself has been great though. Looks really good on Xbox One and IQ is leaps above Forza 6. Some of the night to day transitions have been spectacular to look at.

Thanks! Just finished downloading, thankfully without an issue. I'm not too bothered about the loot boxes, though I haven't read much about them. We'll see what happens later in the game.

Zel3

I’m having the same issue with the full game. I’m gonna try to disable EVGA precision when I get home to see if that works, otherwise I might be asking MS for a refund.

TheRed

I can't get on with a wheel in this game... Just can't, it's serviceable for me but I get more vibration feedback from the Xbox one controller and it's impulse triggers. That's not good.

Klocker

I have to say I am really enjoying the fact that you can start any free play race and any track and then choose a car and test drive it and then without leaving or reloading the track just go select a different car. you can test as many cars as you want rentals or ones you own and you never leave the track. the new car is just dropped into the pit Lane for you to test drive some more.

pretty cool option I don't think was in any of the other versions in the past.

edit, sometimes you need to go to race setup in pit lane menu and change car type to Any

I have to say I am really enjoying the fact that you can start any free play race and any track and then choose a car and test drive it and then without leaving or reloading the track just go select a different car. you can test as many cars as you want rentals or ones you own and you never leave the track. the new car is just dropped into the pit Lane for you to test drive some more.

edit, sometimes you need to go to race setup in pit lane menu and change car type to Any

Seriously love this too, such a great little change.

Momentary

Banned
Are there replays in this game. Doesn't seem like there are instant replays like those int Apex. I would like to take non photomode screenshots of the game and using the replay tools really helped a lot. Am I not seeing it or something? Is there at least a way to remove the motorsport 7 logo off of the screenshots.

Guess I'll just have to watch replays at the end of the race.

Fess

Cool, didn't know that.

The game is just getting better and better for me the more I play. It's not up the FH3 standards when it comes to pure fun but it's not too far behind, from my perspective they hit the perfect combination of simulation and arcade gameplay.

However I had a crash to desktop at the last stretch of a 3 laps nordschleife race which nearly had me breaking my steering wheel... :/ But other than that it has been super stable for me.

danowat

Banned
So regarding the elephant in the room, loot crates, has anyone brought any?

Worth the CR? Decent car rewards or just junk?

Zel3

Yes!

Got past the crashing to desktop issue by disabling my EVGA Precision.

Once I got into the game the races and menus were stuttering like crazy and I managed to fix it by setting the framerate target to 60FPS and I also disabled GSYNC just to be sure.

So far so good! Don't know how I feel about loot crates yet...

LostDonkey

So regarding the elephant in the room, loot crates, has anyone brought any?

Worth the CR? Decent car rewards or just junk?

Yes I buy the basic 20k box. Gives you 4 mods that make more money back than I spent.

Helps me to make good money in the career mode because some of the cars are really expensive.

GHG

Gold Member
Yes I buy the basic 20k box. Gives you 4 mods that make more money back than I spent.

Helps me to make good money in the career mode because some of the cars are really expensive.

What do the mods that you pick up tend to do?

Because I'm reading that there are some mods that dish out bonuses for players turning on certain assists.

giphy.gif

You can't use mods when using borrowed cars. Showcases use borrowed cars. Endurance races with your own cars should allow mods just fine.

LostDonkey

Because I'm reading that there are some mods that dish out bonuses for players turning on certain assists.

Yeah there are those. You can sell them though. I generally use the weather modifiers or finish top 5, top 3, 25 meters ahead etc

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah there are those. You can sell them though. I generally use the weather modifiers or finish top 5, top 3, 25 meters ahead ere

Ok cool. I'll just stick to mods that make things more challenging if I ever end up using any.

I avoided them like the plague in FM6.

It's not so much turning on assists, but moving up from full assists.

So the "abs on" rewards you for not using full auto braking, and instead going for abs on. Abs off also fulfills the mod. Think of the mod requirement as the minimum requirement.

Similarly the "normal steering" mod encouraged players to turn off steering assistance. But SIM steering also fulfills the mod.

For those not using any assists at all it looks like it's asking you to put assists on. But it's not. When a mod is active the assists menu locks you to the assist options that fulfil the mod and you'll see this includes the harder options as well as the minimum.

So LostDonkey don't sell them, you can use these with the settings you like.

xrnzaaas

This makes me think instantly that they are scared people will use their 100% cr boosts on endurance only and cash in, I hope that's not the reason for no mods in those races.

This is the only reason why they've done this. In Forza 6 you could easily get a million or two from a single endurance showcase with a proper combination of mods.

GHG

Gold Member
It's not so much turning on assists, but moving up from full assists.

So the "abs on" rewards you for not using full auto braking, and instead going for abs on. Abs off also fulfills the mod. Think of the mod requirement as the minimum requirement.

Similarly the "normal steering" mod encouraged players to turn off steering assistance. But SIM steering also fulfills the mod.

For those not using any assists at all it looks like it's asking you to put assists on. But it's not. When a mod is active the assists menu locks you to the assist options that fulfil the mod and you'll see this includes the harder options as well as the minimum.

So LostDonkey don't sell them, you can use these with the settings you like.

Ah I see, that's not so bad at all then, thanks for the explaination.

They need to make it clearer that those requirements are minimum because some of the more seasoned players are looking at those mods and saying "wtf is this trash".

This is the only reason why they've done this. In Forza 6 you could easily get a million or two from a single endurance showcase with a proper combination of mods.

Nah you can use mods on endurance. You just couldn't on the race he was doing because it was a showcase with a borrowed car.

Top Bottom