• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Heigic

I bought one of them 300k crates just to see, but I have no idea how much the car I 'won' is worth. Should I be excited or disappointed? I'm going to stick to 20k crates and pretty much ignoring the system seem to be swimming in credits anyway.

Just starting out - are mods pointless at the start of the game? It just said 'ooh you've got some spare credits, why not try out mods' - so I did. Basic box for 20k. I piled a bunch of bonus credits and XP mods and did one of the starting races. Total 50% bonus CR....a whopping 5,500 credits. For a crate that cost 20k. Assuming the crate prices don't scale with level, they seem a waste of time until you're earning 20k a race. Otherwise they don't even cover their costs.

I only think they are worth if you do long or extra long races.

xrnzaaas

Anyone else experiencing sound issues on the Xbox? It's like the console can't handle the stress (framerate seems fine though) or too many engine sounds in the same spot. Happened to me the first time in Monza Junior during a pileup in the first corner. Now again in Catalunya in the touring car championship and it was more severe.

saladine1

OK, HOLY FUCKING SHIT at the Hoonigan Ken Block Mustang!!!
If you haven't already, whack on a pair of headphones, get into cockpit view, crank up the volume and bask in the most glorious sounds you'll ever hear in a racing game!

And the backfire flames exploding just outside your windshield is the icing on the cake.

r3n4ud

Anyone else experiencing sound issues on the Xbox? It's like the console can't handle the stress (framerate seems fine though) or too many engine sounds in the same spot. Happened to me the first time in Monza Junior during a pileup in the first corner. Now again in Catalunya in the touring car championship and it was more severe.
Ya, I'm having issues. Played split screen for the first time last night and there were no car sounds. Only sounds I heard was the wind when driving fast and the crowd.

Haven't tried single player yet though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You have to do long races to (really) capitalize on the mod bonuses. Also you should know that many mods have multiple uses before they're consumed so they can give you extra credits from more than one race.

Ah I didn’t realise you can have multiple uses for mods. Do the cars show that somewhere?

The comments about using them on longer races does kind of back up that they aren’t that useful in the early game.

Ah I didn’t realise you can have multiple uses for mods. Do the cars show that somewhere?

The comments about using them on longer races does kind of back up that they aren’t that useful in the early game.

There are dots/markings on the card that show how many uses they have. They are highlighted per use so you can see how many you have remaining.

anyone knows if there's a pratice mode whitout enter a race?
an i recieved some message from turn10 that told me i earned some credits, but my CR remain the same, how it works? 5 autos too, can't download or find them
i've pc game copy

Fox Mulder

They're already doing a bounty hunter rival event to win locked cars. Beat Josef Newgarden at Road American in an Indycar.

Set a time in the event for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport. Beat his final time for the 1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition.

Fess

Why have 700 cars then? Just go the Gran Turismo way and cut everything.
Why? Pokémon - gotta catch'em all! ;)
There is no reason to actually race the 700 cars, just use the ones you like the most after tweaking them to your preference. Not all cars are going to be your favorites anyway so it's no big issue if you can't get them all perfect. You can still go nuts with them all in single races though. Like I said earlier, my favorite is the Volvo 123GT, absolutely worthless with campaign restrictions on but sooo much fun in single races where I can do just what's asked about in this thread, upgrade it to max and race against the Ferraris. It's an S749 car right now for me. Fun fun fun! :)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Finally got around to playing that endurance race on Spa. You hit a zen moment about 7 laps in and it’s all butter after that.

Revson

There is a way to glitch friction assist on in rivals and free play. Every leaderboard is now meaningless.

GG Turn 10.

Fess

the AI are as obnoxious as ever (it actually feels like they are worse than they've ever been in this edition). At least before you could just get a car that outclasses them on the straights should you wish and it bypasses a lot of the chaos. Getting past them from 12th in the grid is more akin to playing Russian roulette rather than being based on proper passing strategies that you can employ in other racing games.
Yup, 100% agree on this, this is the biggest issue with FM7, the AI usually makes the game feel like Destruction Derby until you're around 5th position or so. I've lost so many races because an AI car has slammed into me so I face the trackside and get stuck into the AI pileup until I'm at the last place. The loot crates and homologation thing are honestly microscopic issues in comparison. I'll rather take the Ridge Racer AI cars which are stuck on a rail than the current AI. The combination of the aggressive AI and the punishing tire tracksides which turn the car 90 degrees sideway at the first touch is my biggest annoyance with the game.

Zel3

The Polaris race series really highlights the problems with the A.I

If i don't get past them in the first corner im basically playing catch up with the car that started first on the grid. And for some reason they always slow down on the last lap...

So, is it a possibility that we could see dynamic weather (Rain, night) on more tracks on the X? Quite sure it has the extra grunt to do so.

So, is it a possibility that we could see dynamic weather (Rain, night) on more tracks on the X? Quite sure it has the extra grunt to do so.
Almost definitely not, otherwise they'd be on PC already. I wouldn't rule it out in terms of possible DLC, but considering there are already PCs way more powerful than the One X it'd make no sense to hold anything back.

TikeMyson

Gotta love those graphics

forzakxull.jpg

This thing is a complete mess on PC.

LoveCake

I bought one of them 300k crates just to see, but I have no idea how much the car I 'won' is worth. Should I be excited or disappointed? I'm going to stick to 20k crates and pretty much ignoring the system seem to be swimming in credits anyway.

What did you get from the box?

They're already doing a bounty hunter rival event to win locked cars. Beat Josef Newgarden at Road American in an Indycar.

Set a time in the event for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport. Beat his final time for the 1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition.

Where is this?

T Ghost

Took the G920’s Rubber Block Out the Nrake Pedal...Wow!

I have so much range to brake now! Before it was like an On/Off Switch.

Best thing I ever did to my G920 too. From here you can either buy a GTEYE progressive spring:

images

Or a 3DRAP brake mode piece:

mod_freno_console.jpg

I got the 3DRap brake mod and like it, but wanna try the progressive spring next.

Helios,

I am still having issues with gifted credits.

Forza HUB said I was eligible for 650K credits and that they would appear in my account within 4 hours. That was yesterday.

I have only gotten two Drivatar credits and neither hit my account. I have not seen any subsequent messages about my drivatar in two days while my Xbox has been off

I got another message saying turn10 gifted me 150K. I hit the message, said it was downloading the credits and then no credits.

My gamer tag is same as my user here

T Ghost

Is there a Forza 1 and 2 suit?

I've no way of checking right now but pretty sure I didn't see them.

Yes, there are. They are for folks on level 9 and 10 on Forza Hub. I was level 8 when first booted FM7, got all suits up to FM3.

I wonder if you level up on Forza Hub if you get the loyalty gifts for your new level. Helios?

Edit: May I ask the story behind the DG avatar you got? :)

T Ghost

Somebody who was drunk i presume. Gruesome race. My ears are still bleeding.

Also, still no Tier rewards....☹️

Terrible, indeed. However, a world better than those super trucks on regular tarmack tracks. They were cool on Horizon, with off road an awesome jumps, but God gracious, who was the uber-moron-chief who approved the absurd idea of having those on tarmac circuits????

Gotta love those graphics

forzakxull.jpg

This thing is a complete mess on PC.

Rockstar way is wiser: launch on consoles first, use the larger install base to clean all obvious glitches, get more time to test and clean PC version, then release a decent PC version.

Launching on console and PC at the same time with the game at acceptable level of bugs for BOTH platforms have been proving to be requiring too much resources from the developer, even for giant, rich publishers like MS. For smaller ones like SMS/BN, when they focused on cleaning the PC version (and did a relatively great job on it), the pathetic debacle of PC2 console version is the result.

Gek54

Yes, there are. They are for folks on level 9 and 10 on Forza Hub. I was level 8 when first booted FM7, got all suits up to FM3.

I wonder if you level up on Forza Hub if you get the loyalty gifts for your new level. Helios?

Edit: May I ask the story behind the DG avatar you got? :)

I'm Tier 10 and I got all but the FM1 suit.

Rockstar way is wiser: launch on consoles first, use the larger install base to clean all obvious glitches, get more time to test and clean PC version, then release a decent PC version.

Launching on console and PC at the same time with the game at acceptable level of bugs for BOTH platforms have been proving to be requiring too much resources from the developer, even for giant, rich publishers like MS. For smaller ones like SMS/BN, when they focused on cleaning the PC version (and did a relatively great job on it), the pathetic debacle of PC2 console version is the result.

Disagree. GTA V still had a pretty shit PC launch, I was there with my friend and he couldn't play for almost a week.

All those games making staggered releases still have shitty bugs, so it doesn't matter at all in the end. They are not doing that for bugs, they are doing that for double dippers.

Popsickles

I thought VIP was getting a permanent boost, where is it or is it automatically added because I don't notice any difference in credits or xp and it's not mentioned when it totals up at the end of a race.

Terrible, indeed. However, a world better than those super trucks on regular tarmack tracks. They were cool on Horizon, with off road an awesome jumps, but God gracious, who was the uber-moron-chief who approved the absurd idea of having those on tarmac circuits????

Welp! I haven't had the, erm, joy of those yet...

Definitely an issue with the game (on PC) that the longer you play it the worse performance gets. Yet I don't see a memory leak as the RAM usage always sits around 11GB. Also try not to use Rewinds on the Bathurst circuit in particular. After 2 or 3 the track will start vanishing. This needs to be fixed in the next patch as I am tired of restarting races (and actually having to quit to main menu and go back in) because of it.

Yes, the performance gets worse the longer you play. There's some weird stuff going on.
I started getting the odd hitch in frame rate. Not too often but every 30 seconds or so for just a moment. I could tell just by looking. No use trying to use Afterburner. When I turn it on at this point in the game the whole thing turns to shit with major frame rate drops. There needs to be an fps counter added to the game.

Kaji AF16

OK, HOLY FUCKING SHIT at the Hoonigan Ken Block Mustang!!!
If you haven't already, whack on a pair of headphones, get into cockpit view, crank up the volume and bask in the most glorious sounds you'll ever hear in a racing game!

And the backfire flames exploding just outside your windshield is the icing on the cake.

It´s brutal. Driving it for the first time at Laguna Seca was without a doubt the most intense racing I experienced through videogames.

Just finished the last championship, and new events unlocked in each tier. I am greatly enjoying the game but I will probably slow it down until the double credits become available for VIPs.

I started getting the odd hitch in frame rate. Not too often but every 30 seconds or so for just a moment. I could tell just by looking. No use trying to use Afterburner. When I turn it on at this point in the game the whole thing turns to shit with major frame rate drops. There needs to be an fps counter added to the game.

The issue is even worse because doing extra long races will get you the highest payout, but at the same time they have the highest chance of bugging.

It's disheartening.

The issue is even worse because doing extra long races will get you the highest payout, but at the same time they have the highest chance of bugging.

It's disheartening.

I think this is related to the rewind system. It feels like there are some other intermittent issues as well, but I was able to run an endurance race and a couple of other long races without any performance degradation once I turned off rewind.

I realize some people aren't going to play without rewind but if you're ok with turning it off it seems to help

I think this is related to the rewind system. It feels like there are some other intermittent issues as well, but I was able to run an endurance race and a couple of other long races without any performance degradation once I turned off rewind.

I realize some people aren't going to play without rewind but if you're ok with turning it off it seems to help

It doesn't matter. I've turned rewind off and had it happen on really long races.

I thought it was rewind too at first, but all it does is make the bug happen faster/earlier.

sam777

Forgot to ask the other day but does everyone get that Horizon Edition Subaru after doing the first championship or did I just get lucky?

Top Bottom