• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

LoveCake

Lame how a 50 lap race on nurburgring with mods only gets you a bit over 2 million.

5 to 7 hours using 6-8 minute laps as base. Yeesh.

That would maybe be worth it with the 100% VIP mods and the X2 CR from the VIP (when released) in the mod slots, I don't know how many of the 100% mods you can use at once, but if it's only one that would be CR-6m so CR-1m an hour, but if you can have three 100% VIP's and the X2 CR that would be CR-32m that would be CR-4.5M per hour, maybe this is worth while, idk if I can do a 8min lap though :/

I would love to do that but would probably uninstall the game if it froze mid race ��

This would be my worry as well, especially when doing a rewind.

SpeedNut

I own an electric car and the Formula-E dynamics with regen braking are all fubar. They somehow turned it into a drift-style Indy Car with a third of the horsepower. Almost as bad as the Razr's sidewalls gripping on turns and throwing your wheeler for a loop. Supertrucks seemed like the braking depending on where the throttle was wouldn't really slow down in what I would think would be normal. Basically during a downshift the brakes seem to go away and then come back when the lower gear was engaged.

sant

The demo was really slow at loading and the menus were unresponsive. Is this game fine on PC yet? I have a 1070 and i5-4670k

I made those pretty much for myself but if anyone wants one they up for grabs now. Nothing special, just simple replicas, I didn't have much time to paint.

5a9108e6-a189-474f-b7ab-7495e2cb7593

a41e3c39-43ea-4a6c-8eb6-ea9d8de1dd42

06be0c6f-724b-4fa3-9ed5-df3eb1696f60
There are more paints out but those are transfers from Forza 6.

The demo was really slow at loading and the menus were unresponsive. Is this game fine on PC yet? I have a 1070 and i5-4670k

There was a patch post launch that fixed laggy menus, but it might still have crashing issues, other than that it mostly runs great.

Starting to really love this game. Don't get alot of time to play but I am making the most of it.

Level 30, Tier 7. During the week I will race on short as I only get about 30mins a night to play and when I have more time on the weekend I am setting it to long and stacking mods trying to make as much credits as possible. Refuse to do any of the exploits, I actually enjoy the current economy system. Getting a car feels more rewarding when it requires a little bit of effort to get.

KaYotiX

Banned
Starting to really love this game. Don't get alot of time to play but I am making the most of it.

Level 30, Tier 7. During the week I will race on short as I only get about 30mins a night to play and when I have more time on the weekend I am setting it to long and stacking mods trying to make as much credits as possible. Refuse to do any of the exploits, I actually enjoy the current economy system. Getting a car feels more rewarding when it requires a little bit of effort to get.

I agree with you, i usually get an hour or 2 when family goes to bed. The mod boxes really don't bother me at all either.

I'll never pay real money for them but it gives me a money sink for later on when I have most of the cars.

Fordy

Unless I'm missing it, how to do change the race length, or is it only possible in free play or multiplayer?

Refused

Neo Member
Getting rid of Avast seems to have solved almost all my performance issues on PC. It still crashes to desktop after certain showcase events though, which is frustrating.

Yes, there are. They are for folks on level 9 and 10 on Forza Hub. I was level 8 when first booted FM7, got all suits up to FM3.

I wonder if you level up on Forza Hub if you get the loyalty gifts for your new level. Helios?

Edit: May I ask the story behind the DG avatar you got? :)

Cheers, I'll take a look again later then, Tier 11, so I should have them all. Avatar is a wild eyed Dan's head pasted on the first level drug dealer from NARC (80's coin-op) painted in an Xbox style green. It's a bag of pills and a spliff in his hands that doesn't come through great at that size.

Forza's my drug now, ya see.

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.ne.../DasLof.png/revision/latest?cb=20170212134830

^ original image if it works.

spuckthew

Why the hell are the formula e cars so slippy?

Can’t seem to make it go round a corner without sliding everywhere.

Probably just needs some setup tweaks. At stock the back seems to want to step out (especially at low speed), but you've just got to drive the thing smooth and fast. But if you think the Formula E cars are bad, that 60s Brabham F1 is like riding a bull.

I see the Aussie V8 Supercars are just as shit to drive in 7 as they were in all previous Forza games. Constant power oversteer, even in third gear. I thought it was wheel spin originally but the rear wheels don't light up according to the tire heat graphic. Turn the LSD up, no help. Change gear ratio, no help. Change wheel camber, no help. I usually just ignore 2nd gear wherever possible and use 3rd. Horrible cars. I do wonder it they're this shit in real life?
The Aston Martin DBR9 is great to drive on the other hand. As are most of the GT cars. Just seems to be the Aussie V8's. Has Turn 10 simply fucked them up?

I hate it. If you're going to gate car purchases behind a forced economy at least be creative like they were with FM1 and the different regions.

Jezbollah

I see the Aussie V8 Supercars are just as shit to drive in 7 as they were in all previous Forza games. Constant power oversteer, even in third gear. I thought it was wheel spin originally but the rear wheels don't light up according to the tire heat graphic. Turn the LSD up, no help. Change gear ratio, no help. Change wheel camber, no help. I usually just ignore 2nd gear wherever possible and use 3rd. Horrible cars. I do wonder it they're this shit in real life?
The Aston Martin DBR9 is great to drive on the other hand. As are most of the GT cars. Just seems to be the Aussie V8's. Has Turn 10 simply fucked them up?

Silly question - are you using the base setup?

I found them to be just like you said, but after downloading an online setup found them much easier to handle

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why is there a race in the seeker championship that needs expensive super cars that you need tier 4 to even unlock? Seems dumb. I was expecting to 100% it before moving on. Also those bloody stadium trucks were horrible - possibly worse than the muscle cars. I picked the monster energy one and it just felt like it was constantly sliding.

The AI is as annoying as ever too. If I use mods for cornering etc, it makes me want to put the AI on average so I can get past them and have a clean track.

Meteorain

A quick question about going through the Career races.

I can't tune my car for shit outside of Tire Pressure. I am guessing the stock parts don't allow for much tuning. So how the hell do we change the characteristics of the car if pretty much all non-stock parts "break division regulations"?

It's a bit frustrating seeing where I can change the car handling but am not allowed to do so.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm putting this down until they decide to fix the AI. It's just too frustrating to play.

Everything was great in the early career races but I now realise that it was because the AI seems to manage better with lower powered cars. The moment you get above A class it's a shit show.

Noobcraft

I'm putting this down until they decide to fix the AI. It's just too frustrating to play.

Everything was great in the early career races but I now realise that it was because the AI seems to manage better with lower powered cars. The moment you get above A class it's a shit show.
It's almost like Karma :D

sueil

I wanted to get good use of my VIP 100% cards so I stacked three of them and set a 4 hour race at the Brickyard using indycars. It was very boring but I figured the payout would be great. Hard crash to desktop after half an hour. Before that the geometry besides the cars was totally gone and I could only tell where the track was by the racing line.

Fox Mulder

I bought a MP4/4 for an open championship and it was like a go kart race. AI bouncing off each other and like 4 cars all flying off the track at the same turn.

They're just so fucking stupid.

I have more fun just racing by myself in rivals so I can at least see the old leaderboard info after each lap that they've completely buried.

Now for something more positive: the new cockpit cam (no wheel) is AMAZING! It is the perfect blend of visibility and immersion. With that view I can handle simulation steering even on the gamepad.
Such a small thing, but so far maybe even my favourite addition to the series.
If some of you don’t warm up to the classic cockpit view, give this one a chance.

I don't think they'll ever change the AI behaviour. I don't know if they're happy with what they've got (strange if they are as Forza 6 had better AI) but I just don't see them changing it. I'm persevering with it. However as I don't play with damage I'm happy to give as good as I get and it's quite cathartic to drive a dumb AI car headfirst into a tire wall!

Fess

Why is there a race in the seeker championship that needs expensive super cars that you need tier 4 to even unlock? Seems dumb. I was expecting to 100% it before moving on. Also those bloody stadium trucks were horrible - possibly worse than the muscle cars. I picked the monster energy one and it just felt like it was constantly sliding.

The AI is as annoying as ever too. If I use mods for cornering etc, it makes me want to put the AI on average so I can get past them and have a clean track.
Might be placebo but I actually think the AI is less aggressive at a higher skill level. It's still Destruction Derby at the first turn but later on in the races I find it less of a lottery. It's trickier to win the races but I like the challenge and all races gives you CR so I find it good to restart a few times and not go through the drivers cup so fast.

Fess

Now for something more positive: the new cockpit cam (no wheel) is AMAZING! It is the perfect blend of visibility and immersion. With that view I can handle simulation steering even on the gamepad.
Such a small thing, but so far maybe even my favourite addition to the series.
If some of you don’t warm up to the classic cockpit view, give this one a chance.
Yeah it's great! Especially the one without the hands/wheel when you have a steering wheel of your own, that's a must now for me in all racers. Check out Project Cars 2 too, it has similar cams and a ton of options to tweak it to your liking. I find the sense of speed better in Forza though, not sure why tbh.

sam777

Loving this game so far but my only gripe is that I wish they added a qualifying lap as I hate starting towards the back all the time.

spuckthew

I definitely see the AI as more of an obstacle than anything else. It isn't really fun to race against them because they have absolutely zero race craft, yet I find myself using a mix of veteran, pro and unbeatable difficulties (depending on how good I am at a particular track with any given car) because of the increased payouts. At least doing longer races gives me a chance to somewhat bide my time and overtake them properly, rather than just out-braking myself and ramming into the side of them because there's only 3 laps. Once I'm ahead of the AI, I get my jollies just hot-lapping.

Fess

I definitely see the AI as more of an obstacle than anything else. It isn't really fun to race against them because they have absolutely zero race craft, yet I find myself using a mix of veteran, pro and unbeatable difficulties (depending on how good I am at a particular track with any given car) because of the increased payouts. At least doing longer races gives me a chance to somewhat bide my time and overtake them properly, rather than just out-braking myself and ramming into the side of them because there's only 3 laps. Once I'm ahead of the AI, I get my jollies just hot-lapping.
Yeah the AI is not good, I'm getting more annoyed the more I play, and I sigh in relief when I'm finally first because then I know I'm going to win. I think they need to fix the AI before they fix anything else, it's the game's biggest flaw and is seriously hurting the SP gameplay right now. They simply need to make the AI use the brakes and prioritising not to smash into the player.

low-G

Biggest disappointment to me is how to progress through the game you're forced to drive a variety of cars I really have no fucking interest in.

Miss the more freeform car class structure of all the previous entries.

The forced structure of Forza 7 is the main reason why I quit Gran Turismo forever.

Seems like there will be a period of darkness for sim racers.

xrnzaaas

Biggest disappointment to me is how to progress through the game you're forced to drive a variety of cars I really have no fucking interest in.

The forced structure of Forza 7 is the main reason why I quit Gran Turismo forever.

I actually like events with more strict requirements as opposed to total freedom from Horizon 3, but they could've prepared better vehicle classes (I always collect a lot of cool youngtimers or modern coupes and I hardly ever used them in FM6, too early for me to tell if it'll be the same in this game as well). I don't really want to participate in oversized ATV, pickup or truck championships in this game.

Getting rid of Avast seems to have solved almost all my performance issues on PC. It still crashes to desktop after certain showcase events though, which is frustrating.
I don’t have any antivirus on my PC due to them possibly interfering with game performance. I haven’t used any since Windows 8 and haven’t obtained a single virus.

Thanks for sharing this bit of info. I haven’t encountered problems on the PC version.

I agree with this. While I haven’t quit GT, it was the reason I gravitated to Forza a bit more.

What is up with the Freeplay? Set up a wet race on Hockenheim, 7 laps and 6 Pro level AI.
I start at the front and stay there until the 5th lap when magically it says I am 6th yet with the AI cars a good 30 seconds behind me. And Rewind stops working. Quit the race. What's going on?

Broman1978

The skyboxes in this game are i n s a n e sometimes.. Had a race at Virginia with a gorgeous sunset! It looks phenomenal with HDR!

xrnzaaas

What is up with the Freeplay? Set up a wet race on Hockenheim, 7 laps and 6 Pro level AI.
I start at the front and stay there until the 5th lap when magically it says I am 6th yet with the AI cars a good 30 seconds behind me. And Rewind stops working. Quit the race. What's going on?

I heard Hockenheim is crashing for some people, maybe the problems are more severe and that's the result of it.

deoee

What's the consensus on the drive assists?

Which ones should I turn on/off to have the most realistic experience?

xrnzaaas

What's the consensus on the drive assists?

Which ones should I turn on/off to have the most realistic experience?

Turn off everything. ;p Consider leaving ABS enabled if you're playing with a controller and don't want to lock the brakes often (the left trigger is very sensitive).

Halabane

Crashes are getting a bit more frequent on the PC. Starting to think I need to wait for yet another patch to finally get a stable release. Giving up on ever seeing decent AI. Even Pro level drivatars make it impossible to play with damage on.

Avalt

Turn off everything. ;p Consider leaving ABS enabled if you're playing with a controller and don't want to lock the brakes often (the left trigger is very sensitive).

If you have the Xbox Elite controller you can lock the left trigger. This will prevent you from locking your brakes and will decrease braking distance.

Gowans

I’m really enjoying going through the Drivers Cup, half way through now at the Forumula Ford races.

The closer cockpit view in really enjoying racing in.

Broman1978

The ONLY thing I am Really let down of is the usual bad replays :/ Why cant Turn10 add really Good effects like motion blur DoF, good cameras etc. (Helios????! ;)

Top Bottom