• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Gestault

The ONLY thing I am Really let down of is the usual bad replays :/ Why cant Turn10 add really Good effects like motion blur DoF, good cameras etc. (Helios????! ;)

Real-talk: Some tracks have much better composed viewpoints for replays than others, and a lot of framework content carries over from game-to-game. For example, Suzuka and VIR have some great angles/tracking. I can't say the same for a few of the tracks carried over from Forza 5, the production for which was a race to get a completed title out for a hardware launch.

Finally starting to see some familiar names in my drivatar pool:
muGF6M2.jpg

xrnzaaas

Finally starting to see some familiar names in my drivatar pool:

You can also add me if you want - xrnzaaasPL. I have added some of the people from GAF myself because it doesn't happen automatically since there's no clubs in FM7. :/

If you have the Xbox Elite controller you can lock the left trigger. This will prevent you from locking your brakes and will decrease braking distance.

No go, peasant XONE controller owner here. ;p There are probably dead zone settings somewhere in the dashboard but I'm just too lazy to look for them and I kinda got used to feathering the brake pedal. ;)

KdotIX

Feel free to add me also. XBL: KdotIX. Really looking forward to the Gaf league kicking off! I’ve been playing online mostly and it’s been fun overall. No matter what I always race clean even when annoying rammers take advantage. Feel free to drop me a message if you guys wanna form up and play online.

frontieruk

Added you, feel free to add back, GT is the same as on here.

There’s a google docs spreadsheet with Fm7 gaffers in, we discussed a fm7 club But we’d be creating clubs every year for each iteration of fm and FH so left it as the ForzaGAF club as their is cross over,but suggestions are welcomed

Feel free to add me also. XBL: KdotIX. Really looking forward to the Gaf league kicking off! I’ve been playing online mostly and it’s been fun overall. No matter what I always race clean even when annoying rammers take advantage. Feel free to drop me a message if you guys wanna form up and play online.

Not sure what the plan is for 7, for 6 I grouped tracks and selected car class for each round and zorbsie then co-ordinated the event, not sure about this time.

Oh and any gaffer can add me you possibly won’t see me online much but you’ll have another drivatar to hate on...

They really nailed the driving experience. When driving some of the fastest cars, the sense of speed couple with the sound and physics are unmatched and very exhilarating

I did not upgrade my cars till now and what a big difference it makes. Now I upgrade my cars before each series, I tune it and by the end of the first lap I'm in the lead on Pro difficulty and pretty much I'm hot lapping for the rest of the race.

I heard Hockenheim is crashing for some people, maybe the problems are more severe and that's the result of it.
Yeah, a few rewinds leads to parts of the circuit/map vanishing. The Rewind option not working was my fault, however. I accidentally turned it off. I'll try another Freeplay race and see it my race position weirdly changes mid race.

The ONLY thing I am Really let down of is the usual bad replays :/ Why cant Turn10 add really Good effects like motion blur DoF, good cameras etc. (Helios????! ;)
Yeah, my issue with the replays becomes bigger with every release. I hope T10 eventually just blatantly copies the replay cams from GT6. Day and night.

Mascot

I did not upgrade my cars till now and what a big difference it makes. Now I upgrade my cars before each series, I tune it and by the end of the first lap I'm in the lead on Pro difficulty and pretty much I'm hot lapping for the rest of the race.
That doesn't sound like fun though.

That doesn't sound like fun though.

What upgrading and tuning? It is fun, it was fun in every Forza for me. I just thought if I'm not gonna upgrade my car the AI won't either but I guess that wasn't the case. I had no problem winning on Pro but now I can smoke them all in one lap lol Unless you mean hot lapping is not fun, then yeah it's boring but at least I can have even fight with AI on highest difficulty, no more front runners :D

Gek54

I'm loving the hell out of all the other tracks with incredible dynamic light and weather that breathes life into this game but there are some serious weird wobble glitches on the Nordschleife. The world shaking eratically in hood view is killin me. While trying everything to fix it I discovered that the car has some really weird left to right wobble in chase view as well.

https://youtu.be/FdfXLB0UfIc

The heck is going on with this track?

supersaw

I'm loving the hell out of all the other tracks with incredible dynamic light and weather that breathes life into this game but there are some serious weird wobble glitches on the Nordschleife. The world shaking eratically in hood view is killin me. While trying everything to fix it I discovered that the car has some really weird left to right wobble in chase view as well.

https://youtu.be/FdfXLB0UfIc

The heck is going on with this track?

You can turn that stuff off in the gameplay options thankfully. The shaking was nauseating to me that's not how human eyes work, turning it off feels so much better.

Nick_C

Finally back to it after a couple of days playing Destiny 2 with some friends and I'm setting up a race when, out of nowhere, an AI driver comes flying through the pit and drives right through my car and driver.

Has this happened to anyone else?

spuckthew

Finally back to it after a couple of days playing Destiny 2 with some friends and I'm setting up a race when, out of nowhere, an AI driver comes flying through the pit and drives right through my car and driver.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Assuming you weren't wiped out in the process, collision seems to be turned off for cars exiting the pits.

Mascot

What upgrading and tuning? It is fun, it was fun in every Forza for me. I just thought if I'm not gonna upgrade my car the AI won't either but I guess that wasn't the case. I had no problem winning on Pro but now I can smoke them all in one lap lol Unless you mean hot lapping is not fun, then yeah it's boring but at least I can have even fight with AI on highest difficulty, no more front runners :D

Yeah, I meant winning easily doesn't sound like fun. Smoking the AI in one lap and effectively hot-lapping the rest of the race in first place? That sounds awful to me, and underlines my biggest issue with any win-to-progress (or 'do well' to progress) racing game structure. I know some for a lot of people the progression is the end-game, but for me it's the actual racing. I've had far more thrills and gratification fighting through a hard season and finishing way down the results table in, say, pCARS that I ever do when always having to finish top three in progression-based racers.

Different games, different philosophies I guess.

sp3ctr3

Found a hidden feature with the 1968 Dodge Dart Forza Edition. The redline starts at 6k RPM but the car pulls strong till it hits the limiter at 7k RPM.

Any other Forza Edition cars with quirks like this?

Played some more this weekend, although I'm just doing the stuff I'm not that interested in first as I'm waiting for my Xbox One X to arrive.

A couple of things I would have that aren't racing related though:

1. Where are the numberplates from FH3? I really liked them, I'm back to making my own with vinyls :/

2. Being able to choose a character to drive rather than being Mr. anonymous in a helmet, plus why not show off your driver more in some pre-race (skipable of course) cutscenes etc.

xrnzaaas

Forza Hub said I was Tier 11, now it says 9. Makes sense why I wouldn't have all the suits then.

Must have been a bug, you can't get demoted to a lower Tier, only the payout may be affected (negatively) if you don't advance to a higher tier before the next game comes out (and sometimes even that is not enough ;)).

What's interesting is that I got a Forza 4 driver gear, but I didn't plan that game on my current account, only on a separate old 360 one. ;p

Gestault

I'm still getting 275k credits for Forza Hub rewards in Forza 7. Hadn't someone semi "confirmed" that the credit amounts were getting pulled back?

xrnzaaas

I'm still getting 275k credits for Forza Hub rewards in Forza 7. Hadn't someone semi "confirmed" that the credit amounts were getting pulled back?

You're on tier 9, right? Yeah you should be getting that amount. They didn't slash the loyalty rewards thankfully. :)

Gestault

You're on tier 9, right? Yeah you should be getting that amount. They didn't slash the loyalty rewards thankfully. :)

Ha, I figured as much. I mean it's good news, but it seems like it's only news because people assumed something bad must be happening, rather than actually waiting to see if it happened. This launch was so odd.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Biggest disappointment to me is how to progress through the game you're forced to drive a variety of cars I really have no fucking interest in.

Yeah, the trophy trucks, SUVs etc. gotta go.

They're fine in other games, like Dirt and FH, but on track, they're just dull.

zorbsie

Minor nitpick: split time should be two colours. Blue for when I'm faster and orange when I'm slower. Seems like an oversight to keep it the same colour.

Also we should start checking if there is interest in a new ForzaGAF racing season.

Did the day 1 patch alleviate microstutter issues on the PC version of the game yet? Or is it still borked on lower-end systems? For reference, I've got a gaming laptop with i7-6700HQ and GTX 1060 6GB (it's not the Max-Q edition, it's the full 1060). Demo had some microstutter and seemingly some input lag (similar to my experience with Forza Horizon 3 -- even after all the patches in that game, the input lag remains, even if the actual performance is up to snuff now).

I didn't play very long, but I did download and try Forza 6 Apex just prior to Horizon 3 coming out on PC last year, and it seemed to run just fine... Hoping Forza 7 gets to that point someday. I noticed nVidia released another driver that promises some additional Forza 7 optimizations as well.

I guess I'll download it and try -- I already bought the game, as I intended to deep dive once I pick up my Xbox One X... But it'll be a while until it's done, so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone could report. :)

Fox Mulder

Ha, I figured as much. I mean it's good news, but it seems like it's only news because people assumed something bad must be happening, rather than actually waiting to see if it happened. This launch was so odd.

All the lootbox hysteria swept up people. I've already got over 100 cars in a game that was allegedly ruined by a shady economy.

They're bringing back the VIP bonus, combined with over 400k a week from Forza rewards, I imagine credits will be worthless in a month like every other recent Forza really. You'll make money with the AH too.

Gek54

You can turn that stuff off in the gameplay options thankfully. The shaking was nauseating to me that's not how human eyes work, turning it off feels so much better.

Yeah, the camera motion effects are set to off. The world still shakes eratically even when the car is sitting still in the hood view and it's disorientating. So far that I can tell this only happens on Nordschleife. Take any car using hood view and the world will erratically shake once you get near the Yokohama bridge and is prevalent through the rest the course until you get closer to the GP circuit.

leeh

Yeah, I meant winning easily doesn't sound like fun. Smoking the AI in one lap and effectively hot-lapping the rest of the race in first place? That sounds awful to me, and underlines my biggest issue with any win-to-progress (or 'do well' to progress) racing game structure. I know some for a lot of people the progression is the end-game, but for me it's the actual racing. I've had far more thrills and gratification fighting through a hard season and finishing way down the results table in, say, pCARS that I ever do when always having to finish top three in progression-based racers.

Different games, different philosophies I guess.
I'm with you, this is one of my gripes and always has been about Forza.

The difficulty seems so off. I race on Expert (one down from unbeatable) with no assists and it's too easy in most races. I'll end up getting in front on the first/second lap and being around 10-15s ahead. When I switch to unbeatable, sometimes I can claim 1st before he's way off in front, other times, by time I get to the front of the pack 1st place will be like 5s+ ahead and it feels impossible to catch up.

xrnzaaas

Guilty as charged. ;) In my defense I'll say that the message in the Forza Hub was (and still is) misleading and I didn't need to visit it more than once a week in the past. ;)

Fox Mulder

I'm with you, this is one of my gripes and always has been about Forza.

The difficulty seems so off. I race on Expert (one down from unbeatable) with no assists and it's too easy in most races. I'll end up getting in front on the first/second lap and being around 10-15s ahead. When I switch to unbeatable, sometimes I can claim 1st before he's way off in front, other times, by time I get to the front of the pack 1st place will be like 5s+ ahead and it feels impossible to catch up.

I did the spa 100 on extra long and unbeatable. The lead AI car ran lap times five seconds faster than anyone else and was gone quickly. It was insane really.

It's a stupid thing that sometimes happens with the AI leader and has been around since FM5.

Gestault

I did the spa 100 on extra long and unbeatable. The lead AI car ran lap times five seconds faster than anyone else and was gone quickly. It was insane really.

It's a stupid thing that sometimes happens with the AI leader and has been around since FM5.

I encountered that over the course of a few weeks in Horizon 3 (oddly a little after launch), and it drove me bonkers. It was addressed shortly after, but it seriously made real racing over that period of time unenjoyable. Any time the AI cars make impossibly good lap times (like, comparing them to real-world leaderboards and they're 5+ seconds FASTER than the top human time) in single-player modes, I grind my teeth. I've seen on-and-off all over the genre, but maaaaan. I mad.

I'm really enjoying Forza 7, but I'm getting a tad sick of the game crashing after certain showcase events. Its happens every time I finish the event and go through the post race screens. Its annoying as there are some good cars to be won, and I can't win them without breaking the game.

Top Bottom