• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Klocker

It's kind of crazy that the 2015 Nissan LMP car is still in the game and even as a showcase event.

It's such a failure that I'd figure Nissan would ask to remove it.

I was surprised as well but there are a lot of Nissan fans out there who don't care and probably think it's cool

I just finished the NASCAR series and it was quite enjoyable. A good mix of road tracks and ovals (3/3). I never got the expansion from Forza 6, so this is the first time out in a Forza game. I was surprised at how good the oval racing was. Quite a bit of drafting and two wide racing. Even three wide at one point as I made a pass and nearly caused a massive wreck. I also noticed that tuning the cars on the ovals (especially Daytona) made a huge difference.

This may be the worst online game I have ever played

10 mins just to get a fucking race started and when it does, the game doesn’t penalize players whose sole purpose is to ram other cars

10 mins just to get a fucking race started and when it does, the game doesn’t penalize players whose sole purpose is to ram other cars

The new system, as I understand, is to identify the wreckers and start putting them all together. I'm not sure exactly how they are identified, but you can provide rating or report users for driving that way within the game. If enough people do this then those players will start getting filtered out from those that want to actually race. I have no idea if this will actually work, but that is the intent as I understand it.

Fox Mulder

Forza has and always will be a shitshow online.

I just add people to my block list and report assholes hoping it makes a dent. Turn 10 has no interest in doing anything significant to change the quality of online racing, they even make it worse with stupid sticky tire walls and wall grinding slow down penalty that cause even more accidents.

MaDKaT

The single player campaign in this game is really starting to bum me out. I know the narrator laid out what the Championships entailed but just about every challenge has required a very specific set of cars(or put you in a specific car) with little overlap. Few are open to anything making my garage just feel disposable. All I really want to do is build a car(or several cars of varying drivetrains), manage tunes & configurations for various conditions and race them up through the classes until I eventually just need to upgrade to a new car and start over.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Forza has and always will be a shitshow online.

I just add people to my block list and report assholes hoping it makes a dent. Turn 10 has no interest in doing anything significant to change the quality of online racing, they even make it worse with stupid sticky tire walls and wall grinding slow down penalty that cause even more accidents.

Yep

Even in the serious online modes, i'm the guy stuck behind someone driving slow..on purpose.

Justinh

Still. No. VIP credits or cars I swear helios10 hates me :(

Did you open your crates that came with the ultimate edition version? I didn't get my million bucks or special cars until I did, which sucked because I was planning on ignoring those things.

Inside one of them was some card that was labeled "VIP Status."

My VIP credits and cars were in my message box right after I opened mine and restarted the game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dying to play this and thinking of buying the standard edition. How much of a bear on progression will it be at the base $60 level? (I had Ult. Edition for Horizon 3 and felt overwhelmed by free cars that I will never touch in the garage, hence I wonder if the car pass is even worth it here)

The single player campaign in this game is really starting to bum me out. I know the narrator laid out what the Championships entailed but just about every challenge has required a very specific set of cars(or put you in a specific car) with little overlap. Few are open to anything making my garage just feel disposable. All I really want to do is build a car(or several cars of varying drivetrains), manage tunes & configurations for various conditions and race them up through the classes until I eventually just need to upgrade to a new car and start over.

I am sitting here debating buying the game still, but this is actually appealing to me.

I suppose I am a bit more burnt out with just picking and choosing a sole car to carry me through a campaign(or just spending credits on a community-sourced OP one when needed). I always kind of felt cheated when you are given access to "hundreds" of cars but only end up using like a miniscule fraction. Always wanted to more reason to try unfamiliar cars out. Was always hard to justify doing so when I had my 1-2 'go-to' cars in each class to carry me through the game before.

Klocker

Dying to play this and thinking of buying the standard edition. How much of a bear on progression will it be at the base $60 level? (I had Ult. Edition for Horizon 3 and felt overwhelmed by free cars that I will never touch in the garage, hence I wonder if the car pass is even worth it here)

I am sitting here debating buying the game still, but this is actually appealing to me.

I suppose I am a bit more burnt out with just picking and choosing a sole car to carry me through a campaign(or just spending credits on a community-sourced OP one when needed). I always kind of felt cheated when you are given access to "hundreds" of cars but only end up using like a miniscule fraction. Always wanted to more reason to try unfamiliar cars out. Was always hard to justify doing so when I had my 1-2 'go-to' cars in each class to carry me through the game before.

I agree and it is what I like about the new system that they put in place and the new career

Lima

Yeah I do think that it’s a good system for the career, just don’t include cars that no one really gives a shit about to race around a track. Like that Polaris stuff etc. belongs in Hoeizon but not the mainline series.

There is quite a large amount of cars that have no place to be in Motorsport to begin with.

MaDKaT

That is a way to look at it but this goes beyond encouragement since it is the only way to advance. Previously, there would be nothing stopping you from venturing out. Sure you have your favorites but you could also choose any alternatives from the massive car roster. Plus, all those cars allowed for lots of people to have their favorites as options. I just feel it could be handled better. Just include 1 make / era / etc... races to pepper the campaign or offer other incentives (bonuses) to encourage discovery. As it stands, there is really no "ownership". Just use the car you need, with no real reason to tune or tweak, and toss it for the next one needed for the next event.

As for the progression system and cars. Im playing the base game and have had very little need to buy cars. You are given the choice of car/money/race gear with each tier, Special events give cars, beating a championship gives cars and so on. I have had very little need to purchase many cars so far other than to boost my collection tier level a bit since I generally opt for credits.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yeah I do think that it’s a good system for the career, just don’t include cars that no one really gives a shit about to race around a track. Like that Polaris stuff etc. belongs in Hoeizon but not the mainline series.

There is quite a large amount of cars that have no place to be in Motorsport to begin with.

Might be in the minority, but I revel in the races with consumer level(and goofy) cars.

Problem is that Horizon has such a different physics and racing model is that it isn't really the same thing, nor fair to just abolish them that way for those of us that want the mainline experience with them.

No one is using the specialty vendor anymore. Bought the three new cars and I was number 3 worldwide on two and number 4 on another.

Day one I could barely get a number 1600 car.

xrnzaaas

I was surprised as well but there are a lot of Nissan fans out there who don't care and probably think it's cool
What? Oh no I sold that pos in Forza 6. Not only it looks horrible but it drives horrible as well.

No one is using the specialty vendor anymore. Bought the three new cars and I was number 3 worldwide on two and number 4 on another.

Day one I could barely get a number 1600 car.

People are sleeping at least in Europe. :p I bought the Nissan at the last minute and got a number around 65000. Not bad for a half a million car.

Is the online multiplayer really that bad?

I'm really on the edge of buying this game for online multiplayer, control and best graphics vs. Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2.

Noobcraft

Is the online multiplayer really that bad?

I'm really on the edge of buying this game for online multiplayer, control and best graphics vs. Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2.
With randoms it's pretty hit or miss. It actually tends to get better over time when less players play.

I would recommend doing ForzaGAF races though. At the very least you will have fun :D

So after about two solid hours slaving away at the Indycar event, I've finally beaten the new time and set a 1:44.740. I'm definitely not going to be able to improve on that, so if they set an even more ridiculous time then I guess I'm out.

Momentary

Banned
Anyone playing on windows 10 having trouble signing in right now? Seems like services are down from checking service status but it seems there are people playing it.

Lima

So after about two solid hours slaving away at the Indycar event, I've finally beaten the new time and set a 1:44.740. I'm definitely not going to be able to improve on that, so if they set an even more ridiculous time then I guess I'm out.

What’s the reward? Other than a cool prize and it obviously being US only I assume.

What’s the reward? Other than a cool prize and it obviously being US only I assume.
I'm from the UK anyway :p

The prize is just a Forza Edition Holden Torana. I'm not even too keen on the car, but I'm a completionist and you can't get it normally.

The Holden is for beating his time; if you simply set a valid time you get the 2016 Camaro SS which is also unobtainable.

They've patched out the Ram/NSX/GTR bonuses in the latest patch.

Fun while it lasted.

Just static +% Cr bonus now.

There's a new patch? Anything about actual fixes for problems?

• Fixed an issue where tracks would disappear after a player uses repeated rewinds in a race.
• Fixed an issue where some players' Forza Rewards gifts were not saving properly after they were initially revealed in game.
• We've addressed a game exploit whereby players could use Forza Edition cars to gain unrealistic leveling and rewards. In the interest of maintaining game balance, we have instituted rewards changes for all Forza Edition cars, replacing flat XP secondary rewards with a percentage-based credit (CR) reward. With this update, all Forza Edition cars will offer a primary percentage CR reward and a secondary conditional percentage CR reward. All VIP Forza Edition cars will now offer a primary +50% CR reward and a secondary conditional +50% CR reward. For example, the 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R Forza Edition previously offered a primary CR reward of +25% and a secondary flat +5,000 XP award after 3 good drifts in a race. With this update, the Silvia now offers a primary reward of +25% CR and a secondary reward of +25% CR after 3 good drifts in a race. As a further example, the 2014 BMW M4 Coupe Forza Edition (a VIP FE car) previously offered a primary +40% CR reward and a secondary flat +10,000 XP reward at the Nürburgring. With the update, the BMW now offers a primary +50% CR reward and a secondary +50% CR reward at the Nürburgring.
• Addressed an issue where the game would crash during Driver Level Rewards screen, causing extra level-up rewards to be available.
• PC and Multiplayer stability fixes.

Fucking finally they fixed the disappearing tracks, now to check if that's true.

Fox Mulder

Down to 1:44.466.

Wikipedia shows he had the fastest lap at the race there this season with a 1:43.465.

Momentary

Banned
It's kind of crazy that the 2015 Nissan LMP car is still in the game and even as a showcase event.

It's such a failure that I'd figure Nissan would ask to remove it.

I don't think most people know or care about the history of this failure of a car outside of racing enthusiasts. The moment I heard about this car I knew it was going to be a disaster.

Yeah I didn't get VIP credits or bonuses yet either. Opened crates. Rebooted etc. Just started playing tonight so I guess I'll wait it out.

sp3ctr3

I'm still confused to what the problem is with the loot boxes?

Are there cars that specifically ONLY available through the loot boxes? If yes, then that is indeed a problem.

So far, to me, it seems that the cars that are locked from purchase are unlockables from the single player campaign?

That straight XP removel jeez. Like, you put them in there to begin with and knew their exact effect and now you're straight gutting them?

T10 have fully lost it. They've gone from the poster boy of the X1X launch to laughing stock in a week.

Edit: still nothing about the Formula E bugged event? RIP.

aaaaa0

Might be in the minority, but I revel in the races with consumer level(and goofy) cars.

Absolutely. Keep as many regular consumer cars in, everyone I know loves the idea of being able to find and drive their car IRL in the game at least for a few races. Even better if they can mod them up and actually be competitive.

xrnzaaas

What's the availability of the speacialty dealer cars looking like at the moment?

Um, they're available? ;) BMW M635 costs 235k, Honda Civic CRX costs 53k and Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series costs 195k.

It's kinda disappointing they're hiding pretty standard cars like this. You're screwed if you want one particular car you like and it's not available in the standard shop (and it was in previous Forza titles).

It's not toooooo much of a chore to log in once a week to pick them up providing you've got the dough. If for some reason you cannot make it I can see the problem. How many cars are locked behind that feature?

Top Bottom