• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Colbert

Banned
The prices for the digital versions of the games don't seem right in the OP. I have paid $79.99 for the Deluxe Digital Edition in the US Store today....

U2NUMB

Aww man, looks like I'm going to have to pre-order these now...

yellow.jpg

I really can't see them getting my pecs up to the standard shown in the bom bom bom gif though :/

Congrats to you and the team man.. game is fantastic. 5 of my friends already have bought a version of it digitally. Demo flat out sells the game. 3 of those friends do not normally like racing games!

newsguy

Wow, what a day! I can honestly say that reading the demo impressions has been just as exciting for me personally as driving through the Alps to Cannes today on #ForzaFUEL! My mobile data bill today has been...big :)

Really happy that pretty much all of you seem to be enjoying the demo and that many of you plan on getting the full game! From what I've heard from Martin Connor who's with me on #ForzaFUEL the team at Playground Games are over the moon at the reaction to the demo too :)

Am looking forwards to getting back home and getting online for some road trips with you all.

Have you heard any complaints of the demo not loading? I've downloaded and uninstalled the demo 3 times now. That's over 30 gigs of waiting and every single time it fails to open. I click the game, it shows the title screen in full screen for a couple of seconds, and boots me to the dashboard. This has been happening all day. I can't find a fix for this.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Have you heard any complaints of the demo not loading? I've downloaded and uninstalled the demo 3 times now. That's over 30 gigs of waiting and every single time it fails to open. I click the game, it shows the title screen in full screen for a couple of seconds, and boots me to the dashboard. This has been happening all day. I can't find a fix for this.

wtf? are you sure its the game problem? Are you in the Dashboard preview program? because my Games and App thing is keep crashing today for some reason. But destiny works fine, so I don't know.

XP-Enigma

There was a similar issue with another game and changing your profile picture fixed that issue. Give that a try and see if it helps.

newsguy

wtf? are you sure its the game problem? Are you in the Dashboard preview program? because my Games and App thing is keep crashing today for some reason. But destiny works fine, so I don't know.

All of my other games are working fine. Digital and disc. I'm at a loss, and nothing I do works

VanWinkle

I just came home from work and the demo hadn't started downloading yet, despite ordering it on Smartglass this morning. :( I've never remotely downloaded something on Xbox One, unlike PS4 where I often do it, so I assumed it would just be downloaded, but nope, it was just in the queue.

newsguy

There was a similar issue with another game and changing your profile picture fixed that issue. Give that a try and see if it helps.

I tried that because I'm desperate at this point. Unfortunately it did nothing. I'm pretty disappointed. And for the first time It's some weird glitch that no one else is experiencing so I can't find any sort of fix.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
WTF Smartglass didn't actually DL the demo, instead it just put it in the que... WHY?! -_-

Never happened before, sigh

Rembrandt

Banned
Demo is fantastic. Game really wasn't on my radar, but I might have to pick it up now which is probably the best compliment I can give a demo. Presentation is fantastic, great graphics and it controls well. That race that has you going off course and stuff is so much fun. The team aspect online is also pretty cool. I haven't had the chance to have a full race, but it was 2 vs 1 and the blue guy beat us both, smh.

So I finally sit down infront of the xbox at 10pm after a long ass day at work only to discover that the demo didn't download due to an impending so update.

FML.

Guess I'll go to bed and get the early workout in.

Wiseguy

Banned
i doubt it. already feels more varied and expansive then horizon 1, likely due to the increased graphical fidelity and draw distance. i wouldnt worry about the world feeling samey

More expansive than Horizon One, but take a look at the blacked out map area. It's not that big and from the videos I've seen doesn't feel varied. I think some people may have
franchise fanaticism for this game and are going to overlook the small map because it's Forza.. Remember, the lack of tracks in Forza is a chronic thing. There was also a hill I wanted to drive up and there was a wall preventing me from going further up to explore. I thought we could drive off road? I know, this is the demo but I'll wait and see what the full game is like before declaring this game "best racer ever OMFG".

Other than this, it's a good game. Hype is a very dangerous forum trick, folks.

TaKeRx

I tried that because I'm desperate at this point. Unfortunately it did nothing. I'm pretty disappointed. And for the first time It's some weird glitch that no one else is experiencing so I can't find any sort of fix.

You obviously tried a hard reboot correct?

If not, try that.

Hawk269

Played for over an hour and damn is this impressive. I am really surprised at the detail and the IQ in the game. Very impressive. Looking forward to the official release because all I want to do is explore more of that map. :)

Played through the first 4 races or so. Loving the vibe and graphics, not liking the handling model.

The game is a weird mash up of sim and arcade i wasn't expecting. The cars feel heavy, yet slide around and feel like they have zero traction. The game gives you a GPS racing line like a sim, but clearly the best patch is to drive through fields like a crazy person.

Driving through the occasional field is fun, but i play racing games for well designed tracks/routes. There may be miles of awesome road to drive, but who cars if all the other racers are driving through the wine fields and shorting the hard left turn coming up.

I know i could get use to the handling, but not sure about the basic core of the racing.

So torn. It may be that Horizon just isn't my thing and i'll be better off with DriveClub.

Also, wtf is up with the smaller trees stopping you dead in your tracks. Slow me down, yes, but if i'm going 200mph, i should at least plow thought the smaller trees and just be penalized with a substantial speed lost.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yeah that was the first thing I did. I'm chatting with MS support now. Hopefully they will have an answer

Did you try actually unplugging your Xbox? For like 30 secs? I had a similar problem with Dead Rising 3.

strata8

The game is a weird mash up of sim and arcade i wasn't expecting. The cars feel heavy, yet slide around and feel like they have zero traction. The game gives you a GPS racing line like a sim, but clearly the best patch is to drive through fields like a crazy person.

Driving through the occasional field is fun, but i play racing games for well designed tracks/routes. There may be miles of awesome road to drive, but who cars if all the other racers are driving through the wine fields and shorting the hard left turn coming up.

I know i could get use to the handling, but not sure about the basic core of the racing.

There were 2 actual races, and one of them was set up specifically to go off-road. The other was a circuit race where significantly cutting corners wasn't smart or even really possible.

So I'm not sure what you mean?

newsguy

Did you try actually unplugging your Xbox? For like 30 secs? I had a similar problem with Dead Rising 3.

Yes I did that. And MS live chat was about as helpful as a doorknob. Their response was "This is a common issue with Forza Horizon 2 because of congestion and it is being worked on. The issue will be resolved soon." That sounds like a very generic "insert game name here" bullshit response.

Kssio_Aug

Loved, loved, loved the game! The ONLY thing that I fear is, will the scenario becomes repetitive soon enough?? I fear only this, but I hope not!!

Also, where is the force feedback on the triggers? =o

Other than that, its amazing on every single aspect!!

hiro_x

Same thing happened to me though I didn't uninstalled it again, just tried clicking it again and after 3 times of clicking the demo it finally loaded.

I hardly ever post here although regular reader...wow is this game amazing, just had to come in here and say that.

These two weeks are going to be rough.

ironcreed

Banned
Could not put the demo down tonight. I can just tell that this will easily be one of the games I will look back on and remember from this gen. It just has that 'WOW' factor going on.

Found this...

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Edition - This edition includes the full game of Forza Horizon 2, along with the Day One Car Pack. The Day One car Pack features three amazing cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Deluxe Edition - This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, and VIP membership. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack (2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition.

Forza Horizon 2 Day One Ultimate Edition - This edition includes the full version of Forza Horizon 2, the Day One Car Pack, VIP membership, and the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass. The Day One car Pack features three cars: the 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, and the 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG. VIP membership gets you access to exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the five-car VIP Car pack(2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO), 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons (5 cars each). Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free, the 2010 Noble M600. That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2!

gsrjedi

Just finished playing the demo. So good! Playing with the Thrustmaster TX is great.

For those asking about VIP. You get a 5-car DLC pack with cars you can't get otherwise (if they continue what they did in Forza 5, we should get the car free in game once), looks like 2x the XP to level up faster, probably some exclusive Rivals events, plus they'll occasionally give you free cars. I usually get the Forza special editions which include VIP & I've been happy with it. You can always buy it later if you' want to. Hopefully they'll carry over this discount for VIP members to F6 & FH3

Top Bottom