• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do I take screenshots on Xbox One?

I really like the rain effect on glass.

aASEcCU.jpg

Fox Mulder

This game is fantastic. Presentation, graphics, engine sounds.. It's just WOW.

The one thing that left me kind of disappointed was the music.. I loved the first game's soundtrack, and was underwhelmed by this one.. Hopefully it'll grow on me as I play.

the radio only had a few songs for each station, there's got to be more.

Hubble

This is my first time playing Horizon and I must say the demo is excellent. Everything just screams quality and the overall presentation is one of the best I've ever seen in any racing game to date.

The last racing game I was heavily invested in was Burnout Paradise and with this and Driveclub coming out I think it's time I get back into them.

So it's safe to say I'll be picking this up. I just have to decide on what edition.

My exact feelings. I heard a lot of good things about 1 with a lot of nonracing fans of mine playing it but not myself.

This demo is pretty fantastic. The presentation and how it thrusts you into the game is impressive. Right in the jump I was impressed by the graphics looking better than I expected. How the game blends music into the title is nice. It's cool on the events, it shows actual gamertags of people and you can view their gamercard. When free roaming, you see people with gamertags driving and I wish that was real-time. I don't think it is. On occasion, I was just driving around checking the scenery randomly.

Chorazin

This game is fantastic. Presentation, graphics, engine sounds.. It's just WOW.

The one thing that left me kind of disappointed was the music.. I loved the first game's soundtrack, and was underwhelmed by this one.. Hopefully it'll grow on me as I play.

There were only a few songs from the full soundtrack in the demo, I'm sure it's going to be as amazing as the first one was!

God this is fun. The more I play, the more I ask myself how I suck so bad at driving games though haha.

You're not the only one. I suck so bad. Going cross country through the various bumps and off road sections, mixed in with some of those sharp turns while trying to maintain a fast enough speed to get out ahead and stay ahead of other drivers isn't easy at all.

Drivatar difficulty is set to average. And despite being downright horrible while using a manual transmission, I for some odd reason refuse to play with anything else lol.

taoofjord

I'm not much of a fan of racing games. I appreciate them for what they are but rarely get into them. That said, I really had a blast with the demo and will grab this at launch.

psychotron

Wow, what a great demo. The graphics are great (minus minor pop-in), the framerate is solid and the presentation is top notch.

I must say that I was feeling like the cars felt too heavy to turn at first and I was constantly flying off the track. Yet when I would slow down I would get passed by everyone. I'm definitely getting better but it seems to be about finding a balance between sim and arcade racing.

I'm preordering digital day 1. Glad to see something awesome show up for xbone.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Beautiful demo, closest I've come to wanting to buy a racing car game since Burnout Revenge since 2005. But still to sim for my liking so will have to pass sadly.

Disappointed to hear about the sim part. I hate sim racers too.

I've queued up the download and pinned ot anyway. Will try after work tonight.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is so so so so good. graphically its better then i expected. such impressive vistas and detail. i love the intro and in game car cinematics. cars feel great and the inclusion of forza 5's sim steering feels quite good. i expected to love this and i'm still blown away. come on the 30th!

I honestly wish they hadn't put out this demo. It just makes the wait that much harder now. I want the full game.

They sure do know how to make 30fps seem smooth. No, it's not like I'm fooled into thinking it's 60, but it's as smooth as 30 can be.

Wiseguy

Banned
Demo is really nice.

But...

I'm afraid that the map is going to feel really repetitive. Not that it'll be bad but with games like The Crew coming out, might get a bit stale quickly?

MJLord

Disappointed to hear about the sim part. I hate sim racers too.

I've queued up the download and pinned ot anyway. Will try after work tonight.

I thought Forza had gotten better at providing decent assists for people who didn't want to deal with the sim stuff since Forza 3?

Good job I don't have an XBone as well otherwise I'd have no money left!

Chorazin

Wow, what a great demo. The graphics are great (minus minor pop-in), the framerate is solid and the presentation is top notch.

I must say that I was feeling like the cars felt too heavy to turn at first and I was constantly flying off the track. Yet when I would slow down I would get passed by everyone. I'm definitely getting better but it seems to be about finding a balance between sim and arcade racing.

I'm preordering digital day 1. Glad to see something awesome show up for xbone.

Slow down? Drift baby! Driiiiiiift!

op_ivy

Demo is really nice.

But...

I'm afraid that the map is going to feel really repetitive. Not that it'll be bad but with games like The Crew coming out, might get a bit stale quickly?

i doubt it. already feels more varied and expansive then horizon 1, likely due to the increased graphical fidelity and draw distance. i wouldnt worry about the world feeling samey

HeliosT10

Wow, what a day! I can honestly say that reading the demo impressions has been just as exciting for me personally as driving through the Alps to Cannes today on #ForzaFUEL! My mobile data bill today has been...big :)

Really happy that pretty much all of you seem to be enjoying the demo and that many of you plan on getting the full game! From what I've heard from Martin Connor who's with me on #ForzaFUEL the team at Playground Games are over the moon at the reaction to the demo too :)

Am looking forwards to getting back home and getting online for some road trips with you all.

Wow, what a day! I can honestly say that reading the demo impressions has been just as exciting for me personally as driving through the Alps to Cannes today on #ForzaFUEL! My mobile data bill today has been...big :)

Really happy that pretty much all of you seem to be enjoying the demo and that many of you plan on getting the full game! From what I've heard from Martin Connor who's with me on #ForzaFUEL the team at Playground Games are over the moon at the reaction to the demo too :)

Am looking forwards to getting back home and getting online for some road trips with you all.

Playground and Turn10 have done a phenomenal job so far. Can't wait to play the full game later this month.

The online in this game is fucking fantastic(hats off to playground) It's such a breeze to join and once your in a room you have the option to join any race that someone in your session starts. If you choose not to, you can just free roam of course. Everyone in your session can be heard through chat if they have a mic plugged in too.

As an open world game, I honestly wasn't expecting the game to look this good. Especially with full day, night cycles and weather.

The soundtrack is really, really good too imo.

Wish I still had my blackmagic. Taking a shortcut going 200 in this game through trees,bushes is truly something everyone should experience.

psychotron

It's an amazing demo and it completely sold me on preordering. Great games deserve to be supported.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah yeah whatever... No Bom Bom, no buy

tumblr_inline_mpme5eEIHX1qz4rgp.gif

The deluxe edition is already pre-loaded heh

op_ivy

a lot to be proud of. horizon 1 was stellar, this seems to elevate it as a sequel should. amazing job.

HeliosT10

Yeah yeah whatever... No Bom Bom, no buy

tumblr_inline_mpme5eEIHX1qz4rgp.gif

The deluxe edition is already pre-loaded heh

If you show me a video of you with the game I'll vine a video of me doing what's in your gif shouting bom bom bom bom. I dare ya! ;)

Man! I didn't see your spoiler before I posted...

statham

I had high expectations already but the demo went a notch above that. Wish the garage was available, I want to fiddle with some stuff. and oh, VW Baja bug please!

That's lovely to hear, made up for the team. What a great winter for racing fans, the demo was great, Drive Club is looking great also plus we have Project Cars and The Crew. Best year for racers in years imo.

Beautiful demo, closest I've come to wanting to buy a racing car game since Burnout Revenge since 2005. But still to sim for my liking so will have to pass sadly.

I'm still interested but the turning definitely felt a little harsh considering how arcade-y the rest of it feels. It feels even sim-ier than the first Horizon, which I never had problems turning in. The load times are what was really killing the experience for me though. I'm still digging it though. It's gonna depend on Shadow of Mordor reviews as to whether I pick that up or this in a couple of weeks. After the demo though I'm leaning toward SOM just based on the fact I'm not a big racing game guy and it didn't do enough to show me why I absolutely need it in my hands asap.

rrc1594

I hope MS buy PG studios, I feel like EA's looking for new way to revamp NFS series. We all know they like to piggy back off of MS

Top Bottom