• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Ok took a nap and was finally able to try this out.

Ran into an odd bug right off the bat. When I started in the Hurican it said on the screen that the clutch pedal was the e-brake, so I went into the controls and switched it. First turn I hit the clutch and I slide all over the place. I quickly realized what was up and switched it back to default. Any other wheel and 3 pedal users run into this?

Any way I also had to drop the wheel down to 360 degrees of rotation, sim steering at 900 was to much especially when going off road.

But other than that it was a blast. Holy shit at the preorder screen after the events are done
actually it was kind of cool and saved me some time

Doing J turns are just as fun as I remember, now just comes the long wait until the 30th and some new cars to tool around in.

klodeckel

Banned
y1WSFQY.jpg

Still would like to see that Warthog. I heard November would be a perfect timing.

Instead of guys and gals jumping around like lunatics in the background to the sounds of bass and drum, you have civilized people doing the Waltz with guys in wigs playing shiny pianos and violins....

Doesn't sound like the kind of crowd I would expect racing supercars. On the other hand, if we go back in time a bit...

Forza HORSE-ON!

Open world horse racing simulator! Different kinds of horse to capture and tame (like Red Dead Redemption)! Doping horses! Selling horses to glue factories for money!

Doesn't sound like the kind of crowd I would expect racing supercars. On the other hand, if we go back in time a bit...

Forza HORSE-ON!

Open world horse racing simulator! Different kinds of horse to capture and tame (like Red Dead Redemption)! Doping horses! Selling horses to glue factories for money!

After we get Forza watersport, the long awaited jet ski game.

jesu

It sounds like there will be a 15-20 hour route through to winning the championship. I doubt this will involve all 700 events. This is essentially the story element with cutscenes you can dip in and out of - like in Horizon 1. You don't need to do every event to get the bands to move up the levels until you do the final race.

This happened in Horizon 1, and after the championship you were able to go back and do any events you'd missed on the way to the top (and repeat ones you had done already).

But what is different about Horizon 2 is that it seems to introduce a new gameplay feature in the endgame to make tackling the uncompleted events from the 700 more interesting.

Maybe I'm just struggling to imagine that amount of content!
Although I've been playing Horizon 1 on and off for the last couple of months, I've finished the main story mode, but I've still got so much to do.
(and it's so good I'm going to buy the rally dlc at some point)

On a side note, Horizon's online, along with Blur has to be my favourite online racing game from last gen(even if I'm not that good, it's still fun)

Has there been much said about FH2's online mode yet anyone?

My favourite Forza music was the very first Motorsport game - which featured lots of soundalike instrumental versions of famous rock songs. Not quite close enough to get sued, but you could tell what they were.

The first Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon have the best sounds tracks to be honest, they are most memorable ones. Forza 3 and 4 had decent sound tracks, while Forza 2 was absolutely horrible and Forza 5 doesnt fit the game at all.

m23

Buy playground pls ms

Seeing as what happened to Bizarre Creations soon after Activision bought them, I don't see Playground allowing themselves to be bought anytime soon. Especially since they were in business so long before they were bought.

FordGTGuy

Banned
No, they are just against buying studios when it doesn't make sense for both parties. They just bought Mojang, and in the past 5 years they acquired Press Play, Twisted Pixel, and BigPark.

They also let go studios like Bungie and passed up purchasing studios such as Crytek.

From what I've seen from them in both interviews and observations is that they believe that keeping as much distance from the studio and the bureaucracy of Microsoft is best for game development.

Synth

Seeing as what happened to Blizzard soon after Actvision bought them, I don't see Playground allowing themselves to be bought anytime soon. Especially since they were in business so long before they were bought.

Is there some Bizarre=Blizzard joke I've missed out on recently? This isn't the first time I've seen this.

Maybe it's just confusing because they both became part of Activision.

Anion

So in that article above, I think they hinted at what the endgame is? If I read it correctly, it's about
you taking over the race event?

Honestly, there are too many good games coming out lol. I'm going to have to manage time really well

m23

Is there some Bizarre=Blizzard joke I've missed out on recently? This isn't the first time I've seen this.

Maybe it's just confusing because they both became part of Activision.

Lol woops, meant Bizarre Creations. Sorry. I'll edit that.

Got some financial priorities so I won't be able to buy at launch (feel a tad guilty lol ) but I hope it does well for the dev team, great demo.

dejay

Banned
Forza Horizon 2 |OT| You have arrived at your destination

I don't play many games these days, but damn if I'm not impatient for this game. I've played the demo too many times. I even enjoy the intro every time, and I disliked the try-hard festival vibe of the first game.

I just looked and this demo OT already has about 3/4 of the posts that were made in the OT for the original FH game. Whilst that says something about a less crowded marketplace early in a console's lifecycle, as well as a larger GAF membership, it also says something about the positive reaction to the demo.

Between this and DC I'm going to be in racer overload, although my favourite event from the demo was the cross country race, which is a blast every time I play it, so I think FH is going to get most of my attention, at least initially.

I just want to say congrats to everyone involved and I hope it's a success.

I just looked and this demo OT already has about 3/4 of the posts that were made in the OT for the original FH game. Whilst that says something about a less crowded marketplace early in a console's lifecycle, as well as a larger GAF membership, it also says something about the positive reaction to the demo.

It also says something about the excellence of the first game. It might have not sold that much initially, but the good word of mouth and bundling helped it expand its audience.

I used the Audi for my second round of the demo, and I like the way it handles more than the lancer. I just wish there were some RWD cars in the demo, their more my style.

skyfinch

This will be the first game i have ever preordered.....ever!!
And it is easily one of thr best demos. I honestly thought they would have thrown us the demo they used for e3 and gamescom, but instead they went above and beyond.

hwy_61

Banned
So where are you guys preordering from? I'm going with best buy, for the discount and $10 Xbox live credit. Also, the beamer they're offering is kinda cool.

Noobcraft

I preordered the Ultimate Edition off xbl. It's definitely a digital purchase for me. In Forza 5 the digital version got all of the preorder bonuses anyways so that might be the same case here?

So where are you guys preordering from? I'm going with best buy, for the discount and $10 Xbox live credit. Also, the beamer they're offering is kinda cool.

shopto, they seem to deliver in good time for me, you don't really see cash back or big discounts in the uk for games unless the game was slammed in reviews before release like say, sonic 2006 (£25 new day 1) lol

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've just finished a playthrough of the demo with all assists off except for ABS.
:O
I can handle the Audi and Huracan perfectly, but the Koenigsegg..... 2 seconds inside this car and I've already hit a wall xD

Cuphead

Banned
I preordered the Ultimate Edition off xbl. It's definitely a digital purchase for me. In Forza 5 the digital version got all of the preorder bonuses anyways so that might be the same case here?

Looks like it, on the market there are 3 versions you can buy.

I've just finished a playthrough of the demo with all assists off except for ABS.
:O
I can handle the Audi and Huracan perfectly, but the Koenigsegg..... 2 seconds inside this car and I've already hit a wall xD

Very few people in a real Koenigsegg would turn the traction control off on a public road.

I tend to play assists off. But with the really insane cars - or ones where they use it in real races - I will use TCS.

I do find though ABS off gives me more control, though it takes practice.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
It's completely sterile. You don't see people doing E and you can't here the sound of ambulance coming to resuscitate dehydrated people at all. Those things add to the grittiness and realism of a festival game. The lack of a proper first person mode to allow you to see through a festival goer's eyes takes me out of the experience. I just cant get into driving cars in this game without it.

hwy_61

Banned
It's completely sterile. You don't see people doing E and you can't here the sound of ambulance coming to resuscitate dehydrated people at all. Those things add to the grittiness and realism of a festival game. The lack of a proper first person mode to allow you to see through a festival goer's eyes takes me out of the experience. I just cant get into driving cars in this game without it.

I know right? If you're gonna call it a festival AT LEAST let me get wasted and puke all over somebody's tent.

abadguy

Banned

Step yo game up, Playground!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just saw an article from Crave talking about the amount of content in the game. Apparently it took about 12 hours to complete the "campaign" and their completion percentage was at around 15% when they beat it. Some of the stuff could be considered spoilerish I guess.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...-content-realize-check-stats-story-completion

That seems to jibe with what Ralph Fulton said in this article.

Considering how fun just the 3 events in the demo are I think there is going to be more than enough content here to keep you happy for a long time.

Just saw an article from Crave talking about the amount of content in the game. Apparently it took about 12 hours to complete the "campaign" and their completion percentage was at around 15% when they beat it. Some of the stuff could be considered spoilerish I guess.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...-content-realize-check-stats-story-completion

I don't plan on buying any other games from after the Horizon 2 release until Christmas, I have no doubt it'll keep me busy. :)

klodeckel

Banned
Download The Free Launch Bonus Car Pack

Game Description: Download the Launch Bonus Car Pack for Forza Horizon 2 now! This free pack includes eight amazing cars to collect, drive, and customize, including the 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 1968 Abarth 595 esseesse, 1956 Ford F-100, 2003 Ford Focus RS, 1997 Land Rover Defender 90, 1987 Buick Regal GNX, 1993 Renault Clio Williams, and the 2015 Ford Mustang GT.
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...Car-Pack/2ac948b6-8714-4fa9-8309-a0b46c348bcd

Add-Ons finally downloadable on Xbox website!

Another wish I had for Horizon 2 was to show actual names for the streets and roads. Keeping them all anonymous makes it harder to ease into the world and talk about favorite stretches - I wonder how Playground referred to each one of them internally.

I don't plan on buying any other games from after the Horizon 2 release until Christmas, I have no doubt it'll keep me busy. :)
Between this and the Master Chief Collection and DriveClub and GTA5 I don't know how I'm going to manage things like going to work, and that whole sleep thing.

Microsoft has been heavily against buying studios...

But hey... Microsoft's evil right?

I seriously laugh sometimes at the different, almost hostile reactions to the same actions depending on who does it. When Sony buys someone - which is something Sony has done a few times since the reveal of the PS3 a number of years ago - people are all happy and treat it like something beautiful just happened, or an angel somewhere just got their wings. It's defended, usually quite logically, with things such as "well, they have such a good working relationship with Sony already, and Sony has put a lot into supporting both that team and their work. Plus, the developer already have themselves a pretty damn good thing going with <insert game here>, which is already exclusive to Sony consoles to begin with, so might as well go ahead and make it official."

Now god forbid Microsoft does the same exact thing, it's treated like some shameless and shady backroom deal that carries with it a high probability that someone was either killed, or at least had their life ruined in some significant fashion. It's like the mood before a funeral when Microsoft purchases someone lol. :p

E? It's
PMA
now, lad.

Gotta go digital man. This games needs to be in your jukebox, not on a disk. I mean, let's be honest, do you ever see yourself trading it in?

$48 at Best Buy is tempting but I just got cheap MS funds from target last week so it's a wash.
I wish they chose this game for the gold discount rather than Flockers.

Chorazin

Gotta go digital man. This games needs to be in your jukebox, not on a disk. I mean, let's be honest, do you ever see yourself trading it in?

$48 at Best Buy is tempting but I just got cheap MS funds from target last week so it's a wash.

Yeah, digital all the way. This and MCC will never be traded in, ever.

mdsfx

Never say never is what I always say. I just hate not having the right to sell or trade it in the future. I mean this game might keep me entertained for a good 6 months, but after that it s nice if it's still worth something.

I'm going to stop there since I realize this is of topic. Anyways, preorder is locked in and the launch pack is downloading now!

hwy_61

Banned

Eh, I had BB credit. I'm getting the game for like $20.

Top Bottom