• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

FordGTGuy

Banned
had no idea there were advanced settings. nice!

also, did they remove the controller layout with the clutch as "a" and gear changing as "x" and "b"?

Follow my instruction above, this includes making clutch the A button.

Tip: If you press start just as you gain control of the Lamborghini you can get into the settings menu before it locks you out and you can play around with it with assists off.
It's SOOOO much better with assists off and manual w/ clutch.

Tip 2: If you choose the Bowler you can tune its suspension before a race; this cannot be done with the Mitsubishi although I'm not sure about the Audi.

Replay Mode Gif i made :)

fh22.gif

Yet some people still hold on to it.

OT: Who knew plowing through open fields at hundreds of miles per hour would be so damned fun...

The most satisfying part is when you see a vast amount of trees and you think "yep I'm gonna hit those" then you just effortlessly glide through them.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got a small question about Forza Rewards: I'm Tier 3 and I won't hit Tier 4 before FH2 releases. When I hit Tier 4 after playing FH2 will I get the Huracan for free?

p3tran

Banned
guys, forza 5 also was a day one game, sporting enhanced physics and sound and ai at a flawless 1080/60.
i can understand when people do not think reasonably (or not think at all) in the heat of the moment, but now almost a year has passed and everybody can go look at the game with cool mind and figure out 1+1=2.
but back then, as ryse was "dismissed" for not being "full hd", forza was also dismissed for "microtransactions" and "poor content" by many.
bottom line, not my loss for sure ;ppPp and enough offtopic.

about the question what will happen if you raise your Tier status AFTER you have started playing the game, I think you get all the bonuses that come with it, ie the car.

saladine1

Thanks Playground Games. My wife just gave me a slap across the back of the head as I was listening to that chick from the intro. She reckons I was 'enjoying' the seductive tone of her voice...

p3tran

Banned
Thanks Playground Games. My wife just gave me a slap across the back of the head as I was listening to that chick from the intro. She reckons I was 'enjoying' the seductive tone of her voice...
but were you making face expressions? :D
jealousy, you know its a good thing for your wife to have 8)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I got a small question about Forza Rewards: I'm Tier 3 and I won't hit Tier 4 before FH2 releases. When I hit Tier 4 after playing FH2 will I get the Huracan for free?

Pretty sure you will. I got tier 5 after Forza 5 came out and it let me claim the next reward.

not the resolution but the frame rate, if it was a locked 30fps, instead of runningmostly at 20-25, the X1 would have got the point across in terms of being powerful enough.

Mostly at 20-25? No, you're lowballing it, it's reasonably smooth most of the time, even if not locked at 30.

Digital Foundry said:
Originally touted as a solid 30fps experience, Ryse misses the mark more often than we'd like with frame-rates often fluctuating between 26-28fps. The most challenging situations even see the frame-rate drop into the teens, though such moments are few and far between and often kick in during engine-generated cut-scenes, so there is no actual impact on playability... The frame-rate remains much higher and more consistent than previous CryEngine-based console titles while delivering dramatically cleaner image quality.

mrwilt

It's pretty awesome you can just leave the road whenever you want to. A new Smugglers Run with this engine would be incredible.

B3N1

Pfft

LB clutch 4 Lyfe!

How do you break that way? I played FH1 with clutch on LB, and middle finger on LT for braking, but that's uncomfortable on the XO controller, so I dropped the clutch for FM5.

RB would be the best for me, but the only way to do that is to shift with RS, which I find really hard. I'll try the X-A-B kind of thing tomorrow, that could work.

Even in the demo, I'm really impressed by how the online works. I've never really played readers online before, but it's so easy in this.

p3tran

Banned
so, today I had time to use the tx wheel. here are my first 15min impressions

- simulation steering + trying to fool around drifting the stock huracan = not very arcade ;) fm guys will be happy enough.
- goto advanced control settings by pressing X, you can fine tune everything wheel-related there
- finally, when you press rewind, the wheel remains still and not fast-reversing all the force feedback and rumble instructions.

I thought I'd play horizon 2 with the pad, but now I'm thinking totally the opposite. off to climb the mountains!!

- simulation steering + trying to fool around drifting the stock huracan = not very arcade ;) fm guys will be happy enough.
- goto advanced control settings by pressing X, you can fine tune everything wheel-related there
- finally, when you press rewind, the wheel remains still and not fast-reversing all the force feedback and rumble instructions.

I thought I'd play horizon 2 with the pad, but now I'm thinking totally the opposite. off to climb the mountains!!
Welcome to my world :)

No assists at all except for auto clutch.

Driving and controlling the torque of the Koennigseg Agera with the wheel is pretty awesome.

How do you break that way? I played FH1 with clutch on LB, and middle finger on LT for braking, but that's uncomfortable on the XO controller, so I dropped the clutch for FM5.

RB would be the best for me, but the only way to do that is to shift with RS, which I find really hard. I'll try the X-A-B kind of thing tomorrow, that could work.

I used my middle finger on the LT. Don't have an issue worked just as well as the 360 pad.

Anyways the demo is finally downloading. I had some great luck with ISP issues this year, E3 week & FH2 demo week (-_-)

Good to hear my wheel is ready! I wonder how they got it to work without spinning back to place. God knows that thing is dangerous when it does it.

p3tran

Banned
Welcome to my world :)

No assists at all except for auto clutch.

Driving and controlling the torque of the Koennigseg Agera with the wheel is pretty awesome.
its a quite different world than gamepad world, for sure.
I am getting a hard time keeping control of the car at full open throttle, while with the pad it was a breeze.
but now, rain? fuck you! dirt? fuck you too! :D
my laptimes on the timed events are significantly slower with the wheel :D
I also have the same settings like you (including full damage -which you can reset anytime by pressing start then back), what settings you use on the wheel?
currently I lowered it to 600 degrees and force feedback to 65 and rumble around 70.
seems to work the best for me.
Good to hear my wheel is ready! I wonder how they got it to work without spinning back to place. God knows that thing is dangerous when it does it.
I dont know how they did it my friend, what I know is I want that patched to Forza 5 asap!! 8)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

awesome, sounds great. horizon 1 was stellar with the MS wheel, i can only imagine how awesome horizon 2 will feel with my TX (come on wife, dont make me wait till christmas to play whats been in our closet since june)

Megasoum

Banned

My first impression with the wheel with fh2 wasn't that great. I think the wheel is awesome for free roaming and even most of the street races but once I went off-road it was almost impossible to keep control with the wheel set to 900degrees.

I thought the ffb itself was great but it was just to tought to take the turns while offroad.

I'll have to retry it this week-end for sure but yeah...

p3tran

Banned
lolol wife came, saw and conquered the wheel. 8)
I set no damage, no sim steering and abs on for her and she is having a blast driving up&down the coast line.
she is a fast driver in real life, but watching her play I laugh as she is more careful here :D
she even had her "oh shit moment" just now as she passed a high speed camera and she saw the flash lolol

megasoum, try wheel settings for sure. competing with 900degrees sim steering no assists on those open throttle wide angle turns on dirt.. haha only for masochists :D
once it clicks to where you feel comfortable, you'll be having a blast

mdsfx

Game is pretty fun but...

WHAT THE F*CK is up with the teenie-bopper, glow-stick-waving douche-bag presentation?

It's almost offensive.
"What's our target audience?"
"Well, we think we can cater to dumb party animals, so we're going strong on the shallow-rich-kid experience. Our theme will focus on raves, muscle tees, and high-fives."

WHAT THE F*CK is up with the teenie-bopper, glow-stick-waving douche-bag presentation?

It's almost offensive.
"Well, we think we can cater to dumb party animals, so we're going strong on the shallow-rich-kid experience. Our theme will focus on raves, muscle tees, and high-fives."
Pretty much the gumball rally vibe. Totally cool with that.

It's almost offensive.

Probably walking all over your lawn to, damn kids!

mdsfx

Pretty much the gumball rally vibe. Totally cool with that.

I can usually handle it. I don't mind some of the peppy "life is perfect bc I'm 18" vibe, but this game in particular really takes it to a new level.

EDIT: I'm 31, not 78 as you might expect...

i-1bdc64cb35777c5c155de69b235b0438-Abraham_Simpson.png

Cygnus

Banned

It's almost offensive.

I agree, easily the worst part of the Horizon games.

Top Bottom