• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Amazon UK has this game for £44....but I have a strict rule for not paying over £40 for games this gen. I know, I know...it's only fucking 4 quid, but rules are rules, man!

Any know of any place in the UK that's selling it at £40 or lower?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Amazon UK has this game for £44....but I have a strict rule for not paying over £40 for games this gen. I know, I know...it's only fucking 4 quid, but rules are rules, man!

It was £39 on amazon, shame I cancelled my preorder. Bought the digital version which is surprisingly £44.99

You could get it from the US store - $59.99 from a non-tax state like oregon would be £36.71

I did cancel my Amazon pre-order and went with the Digital Deluxe Edition. I'll pick up the Car Pass later on. It's already downloaded and installed so it's just a waiting game until next week. Will there be a GAF club for this game?

Shame this game doesn't have a physical collector's edition like every other game in the series. Still, can't wait. Demo was unbelievably fun, can't believe I skipped out on Horizon 1.

Anyone else concerned that this game won't have perfectly crafted tracks like they have in PGR or possibly in DC? I'm concerned that because the emphasis is on open-world, they won't have any curves made with a specific track in mind.

Anyone else concerned that this game won't have perfectly crafted tracks like they have in PGR or possibly in DC? I'm concerned that because the emphasis is on open-world, they won't have any curves made with a specific track in mind.

I don't get the issue with open world and "perfectly crafted tracks". Any design can be plopped into a larger map, and even have rules that penalize you for going off road and cutting corners, and even include the use of unbreakable walls to give it everything that any other closed track design could offer. There are examples of what I'm talking about in what are essentially closed courses in FH1 where there is no traffic and no confusion over where to go. FH2 already, in the demo, has a course just like what I'm talking about. No, there's no concern over this because it is purely up to the designers to offer a great range of race types and events. Horizon is all about all of the above, IMO, when it comes to race design and options for varying players.

Haven't seen anything special about DC's roads, they look fucking boring tbh (the super car heavy line up reflects it too) and even the track I saw was a bit dull.

There may be some gems in there, haven't seen anything so far though. FH has a few half decent looking layouts.

You don't need to worry, there are all sorts of courses in Horizon games, it's not just open roads.

moaaz

If you're willing to go digital, the Indian marketplace has it for approximately £27.

It was £39 on amazon, shame I cancelled my preorder. Bought the digital version which is surprisingly £44.99

You could get it from the US store - $59.99 from a non-tax state like oregon would be £36.71

Damn, I don't know how I managed to miss that price.

If you're willing to go digital, the Indian marketplace has it for approximately £27.

Nah, I don't do digital gaming unless they're free from PS Plus and GWG. Thanks anyway, guys :)

If you mean the cars that are bonuses from buying from Gamestop, Amazon, etc...no

I believe those are usually released later once the exclusivity window has passed

That is what I figured, but I was hoping it would be different. As it stands, there is no reason for me to grab it on Live and lose out on the Huracan. I might as well just buy it from GS so I can get the car.

If MS was smart, they would offer ALL the preorder incentives for the digital version.

moaaz

How would one go about doing this?

In xbone settings, change the region to India and reboot. Follow instructions here to purchase.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fif...ition-xbox-one-29-32-india-xbox-store-2001645

Just requires Indian postcode and number. Once you've purchased, you can revert back to your preferred region and preload.

Wait, wat?

Do they have the ultimate edition on there too?!?
I believe ultimate edition came to approximately £50 if I recall correctly.

Synth

Not sure how everyone manages to forget that PGR takes place in real cities, which subjected it to the same restrictions (or more) than most open world racers. They didn't exactly get to custom build London's streets.

FH1 did a great job building a variety or track types, so I'm not too worried really. My only concern is that too many off the tracks will contain significant off-road stretches (it's cool to have occasionally, but I prefer being on the road).

I'm far more concerned with the tracks I've seen in DC so far tbh. None of what I've seen appears the least bit memorable so far.

commedieu

Banned
Forza2 Horizon |OT| - YEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWW

in ref to:

1702170.gif

VinFTW

Completed the demo (did some online free roam too). This will be my GOTY.

What an incredibly soulful and magical experience... an hour of pure gaming bliss.

Not only does the racing feel amazing but the atmosphere of the game is so awesome.

Ugh, I want it now.

Why is Turn10 being promoted along with this game instead of Playground Games? It's disgusting, they messed up Forza 5 with lies, bad pr doublespeak and now people are more hyped for Horizon they try to tag along.

(talking about this video, which includes paid off individual to speak about Horizon, stop being so corporate Greenawalt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rqatmY0E8)

Forza 5's cardboard cut-out crowd and micro transactions were an embarrassment hopefully they wont have an bad influence on PG.

Top Bottom