• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Bessy67

Why is Turn10 being promoted along with this game instead of Playground Games? It's disgusting, they messed up Forza 5 with lies, bad pr doublespeak and now people are more hyped for Horizon they try to tag along.

(talking about this video, which includes paid off individual to speak about Horizon, stop being so corporate Greenawalt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rqatmY0E8)

Forza 5's cardboard cut-out crowd and micro transactions were an embarrassment hopefully they wont have an bad influence on PG.
Wow, so salty. So Turn 10 should get no credit for the engine they created?

shandy706

Why is Turn10 being promoted along with this game instead of Playground Games? It's disgusting, they messed up Forza 5 with lies, bad pr doublespeak and now people are more hyped for Horizon they try to tag along.

(talking about this video, which includes paid off individual to speak about Horizon, stop being so corporate Greenawalt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96rqatmY0E8)

Forza 5's cardboard cut-out crowd and micro transactions were an embarrassment hopefully they wont have an bad influence on PG.

Uhhhhh....I don't think you know what you're talking about.

At least, it comes across that way.

A monumentally ignorant post. Unflinchingly dumb ungrateful and childish.

Turn10 created this engine, and one of the few 1080p60 games on ANY next gen console at launch. The crowd? A simple solution at launch to nailing 60fps and something one doesn't notice in normal gameplay. Microtransactions? The same as the previous Forza merely made into a stupid storm at launch because it was decided everything Xbox was bad. Forza Motorsport 5 is an excellent game with the best handling model on console. But you wouldn't know that because you've clearly not played it, or played it only a little as it was beyond your ability or understanding.

Turn10 continues to develop that engine and will likely will have done a lot of engineering work on Horizon 2 alongside Playgrounds gameplay and content creation.

Your nasty little entitled post is a good summation of what is wrong with many gamers. The post implies that you know nothing, and happily let us know so we can quickly press ignore before we have to read any more childish brain farts. Grow up.

Wow, so salty. So Turn 10 should get no credit for the engine they created?

Not Salty, I love Turn10 and bought all their games since the Original Xbox. Forza 5 is easily the most sterile one. Their engine is great, didn't mention that in my comment, read.

Uhhhhh....I don't think you know what you're talking about.

At least, it comes across that way.

Uhh why are there Turn10 directors in a PG game promo video instead of Playground developers. They deserve to be in the spotlight now and receive recognition.

Can not deny Forza 5 brought bad PR and outrage towards Turn 10, I feel like they are using this to bring the studio back into the goodbooks of the community again, fair play. But Playground Games should be promoting THEIR game, not Turn10 and Greenawalt.

But you wouldn't know that because you've clearly not played it, or played it only a little as it was beyond your ability or understanding.

Oozing ignorance right there. Self induced rage because some one doesn't share your views, calm down and grow up yourself.

EDIT: FYI bought the game on launch despite not liking what Turn10 did to support them and hope for a better FM6.

Uhh why are there Turn10 directors in a PG game promo video instead of Playground developers. They deserve to be in the spotlight now and receive recognition.
Am pretty sure this is the only Horizon 2 video I've seen that showcases Turn 10 staff. But at the end of the day its a Forza game, and both Turn 10 and Playground are involved in making it.

Synth

This seems a bit like telling J.K. Rowling to fuck off talking about the Harry Potter movies tbh. No Forza Motorsport, no Forza Horizon... a LOT of this game is still Turn 10's work.

Gestault

Why is Turn10 being promoted along with this game instead of Playground Games?

Since other new entries in the genre like Project Cars use the 2D crowds, and even the high-end of the genre doesn't have a consistently implemented 3D solution yet aside from something like what's already in Horizon 2, I don't understand your technical qualm there. The microtransactions for Forza 5 (assuming one agrees with the criticism of what was actually in the game, rather than on principle) were all but dealt with within the first month, and I don't understand what that has to do with your belief that a company shouldn't be credited for creating the technical framework and many of the assets for a game. Playground is given top-billing. The studios have a close relationship and there's been no indication that Playground itself feels sullied by that connection. There have been specific interviews where the experience from Forza 5 was cited as a reason to have no form of microtransactions at all, and this was partly from the recommendations of Turn10. Turn10 were deeply involved with the first Horizon game. You sound needlessly concerned.

Me personally, I'm full-steam ahead on this one:

iUkp1JoCOLNm1.png

Leflus

Can not deny Forza 5 brought bad PR and outrage towards Turn 10, I feel like they are using this to bring the studio back into the goodbooks of the community again, fair play. But Playground Games should be promoting THEIR game, not Turn10 and Greenawalt.
This has nothing to do with Forza 5. Turn10 helped develop and promote the first Forza Horizon as well.

Not Salty, I love Turn10 and bought all their games since the Original Xbox. Forza 5 is easily the most sterile one. Their engine is great, didn't mention that in my comment, read.

Oozing ignorance right there. Self induced rage because some one doesn't share your views, calm down and grow up yourself.

EDIT: FYI bought the game on launch despite not liking what Turn10 did to support them and hope for a better FM6.

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_V86ohpMJo&list=PLk1oqI8nVG6cjEnpV-SKb0ShPPxYdZWJX&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBevYCMEAKs&list=PLk1oqI8nVG6cjEnpV-SKb0ShPPxYdZWJX&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBevYCMEAKs&list=PLk1oqI8nVG6cjEnpV-SKb0ShPPxYdZWJX&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZHmDg1H4s&index=10&list=PLk1oqI8nVG6cjEnpV-SKb0ShPPxYdZWJX

We need some of that retroactive rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And did you really expect a paraplegic to fly to England when its infinitely easier for him to visit turn10's studio?

VinFTW

Turn10 created this engine, and one of the few 1080p60 games on ANY next gen console at launch. The crowd? A simple solution at launch to nailing 60fps and something one doesn't notice in normal gameplay. Microtransactions? The same as the previous Forza merely made into a stupid storm at launch because it was decided everything Xbox was bad. Forza Motorsport 5 is an excellent game with the best handling model on console. But you wouldn't know that because you've clearly not played it, or played it only a little as it was beyond your ability or understanding.

Turn10 continues to develop that engine and will likely will have done a lot of engineering work on Horizon 2 alongside Playgrounds gameplay and content creation.

Your nasty little entitled post is a good summation of what is wrong with many gamers. The post implies that you know nothing, and happily let us know so we can quickly press ignore before we have to read any more childish brain farts. Grow up.

99256-Leonardo-Dicaprio-fireworks-gi-BjL9.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned

jDAKxgW.jpg

Mr HighResTomato, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

As far as Microsoft being evil:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/microsoft-employees-raise-1-billion-charity_n_2001535.html

http://www.philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/paul-allen-to-donate-majority-of-his-wealth-to-charity

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

I like it when people build on a solid foundation to improve things. I think its terrible when people enjoy the improvements but shit on the base. It makes me think such people have no grasp on reality.

probably fixing a bug most of us never saw
I did get caught in some weird controller loop when bringing the game back from suspend. The demo kept asking me to sign in with my profile, but when I selected a profile it just beeped and asked me to sign in again - was only an issue in the demo - everything else on the xbox recognized me just fine.

So I popped out to the dash, quit the app and started over. Wasn't too bad though, as the second time through I picked the Lancer Evo and that's been a fun time.

shermas

Just fired up the demo and all my progress was lost... is that common? You have to re-watch that intro and play the tutorial every time you play the demo?

jDAKxgW.jpg

Mr HighResTomato, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

178.gif

Right Turn10 developed the engine so they must promote the game thats how it normally goes.

I don't want to go back and dig up the threads around Forza 5 and the compare to the denial in this thread. The less said about it the better. #Horizon#Yolo.

adelante

178.gif

Right Turn10 developed the engine so they must promote the game thats how it normally goes.

I don't want to go back and dig up the threads around Forza 5 and the compare to the denial in this thread. The less said about it the better. #Horizon#Yolo.

If it's T10's bad influence you're worried about, isn't it too late for that because they're both working together to create this game? And besides, wouldn't you agree that much of the promotion, esp during preview events, been done by PG themselves? Ralph Fulton in particular?

Just fired up the demo and all my progress was lost... is that common? You have to re-watch that intro and play the tutorial every time you play the demo?
Happened to me the first time too - its *supposed* to suspend/resume without issue. But its worked maybe 4 out of 7 times for me. It either starts over, or I run into the controller bug I mentioned above - which crazy enough, I ran into again shortly after writing that.

Finished this demo the other day. Count me in the "don't get it" camp. I didn't hate it by any means and the online was okay for the hour I spent with it. I guess I just didn't feel the excitement some of you have. I enjoyed Forza on the Xbone at launch and fire it up from time to time still, but I am by no means a racing fan so I'd imagine I'd like FH2 very passively like I did with F5. So I'll pick this up if it ever gets a Digital sale as what's there is good if your a fan of racers. Someone who has a passing interest and nothing else to play probably wouldn't be disappointed either. But for me, I'll wait.

FordGTGuy

Banned
178.gif

They just developed the:
* physics engine
* graphical engine
* car models
* interior models
* tuning system
* upgrade system
* paint system
* drivatar AI
* rivals mode
* photomode
* car rating system
* materials system
* assists system
* Forzavista
* Dynamic car-models
* Cosmetic damage system
* Car-affecting damage system
* LoD system
* Sound engine
* Sound capture methods
* Car laser scanning methods
* Hundreds of cars, rims, materials and interiors

and more that Horizon is built upon.

Not to mention they helped develop Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Horizon 2 is reaping the rewards of lessons learned from developing Forza 5 with next-gen systems.

This is like if you bought a empty house with all the utilities setup and major appliances and added your own stuff then wanted credit for building the entire house.

What denial?

The denial that Forza 5 couldn't possibly be 1080p and 60 fps locked on the Xbox One?

You forget I was a part of those threads.

What's disgusting is you sitting there watching one video on the internet and bitching up a storm over Turn10 people being in a game that they co-developed.

Never mind the fact that when the game was announced, IGN spoke to Playground Games (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza_horizon_2_ign_announce)

Or at E3 this past year when the founder of Playground Games was on stage to talk about the game and introduce the trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgcdHdn7R5s)

IGN had a series of developer demos featuring Dan Gre... oh wait, Ralph Fulton of Playground Games! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzauwEtjz8)

Or at gamescom when Playground Games was on stage again and had PG developers talking about the game's features (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLsatHxgss)

I could link even MORE videos about Playground people talking about and promoting the game but no, keep going on and on about how Turn10 is stealing the spotlight (even though they did do all the stuff FordGTGuy listed above) and welcome to my ignore list.

To say that or think that Turn10 is being promoted more than PG is fucking stupidity. PG is very much getting the promotion and recognition they deserve for making a great game.

p3tran

Banned
uhmmm... reality called... said somehing about turn10 being consistently one of the highest tier developers across the boards for more than a full console generation...

their games on 360 have always hit the full resolution and full framerate potential of the machine, a technical marvel and a trend that they continue on the xbone.

leaving technical things on the side, they also managed to create what all of us thought that is simply impossible 8-10 years ago: make a game that is so good that rivals/equals/bests what is/was the undisputed king of all racing games.

and the above while tuning their production output levels in a two year dev cycle, and even as we see since forza4, they can still do it on a single year dev cycle (f4/h1/f5/h2), and even failed console launches dont seem to be able to harm their mojo.

t10 should be paid some more respect, especially from guys that hit on forza while celebrate forza derivatives and by-products. guys what are you even talking about? :D

Man this is a nasty reply. Condescending opinionated and full of hyperbole

You know, that's harsh, but in this case I'd say it's completely warranted.

Very well said.

you all need to go to Horizon and space out for a bit at a rave. Then have a full english breakfast the next morning with bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms and hashbrowns. then join me and my crew and go for a beautiful drive along the coast.

I've just seen some odd behaviour when uninstalling the demo.

Removing the demo also uninstalled the VIP membership, day one car pack and car pass. Thankfully it left the 35GB full game pre-load alone.

It was easily solved by going to the screen to manage the full game - where those three items appeared for reinstallation back into the game.

However it was still rather odd they were linked to the demo and removed with it.

Doffen

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Fuck Your Vineyard

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Now This Is A Club

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Prisencolinensinainciusol

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| It's not as pretty as the trailer demo

Top Bottom