• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

YES, I knew the F Type would be in at some point but wasn't expecting it to be the first car.

Also, the 1988 M5 is sorely missed from the 360 version, so that's awesome, especially being free.

F Type, new Clio, old M5, and old Scirocco. How perfect for this game.

Enilced2

Jaguar F-Type hnnnnnngggg yes might actually buy dlc for this!

And yea the game is excellent but I do miss the kore integrated story rather then every set number of levels unlocking a new bracelet which changes nothing best I can tell

bedlamite

Been having a blast with my mates in online freeroam, and I do wish photomode was enabled when online. Kind of difficult to document our hijinks then, and snapping pics using our cellphones results in poor quality pictures.

Had my car pause mid-drive on the road trip to Sisterno. The world kept moving along with the traffic, and my car was shaking and making its noises, but wasn't moving forward at all - like I was stuck in invisible wall limbo, right in the middle of the freeway.

Thought I was entirely screwed until I got rammed by another car on the trip. It pushed me forward a few yards but then I was stuck again in nothingness watching the cars go by.

Then I got rammed a second time, and that one pushed me forward even another couple of yards, but with enough force that it somehow propelled me through limbo and back into the world of forward motion.

All's better now. Strange.

First car pack announced
http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-...ar-pack?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2013 Renault Clio RS 200
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1957 Maserati 300 S
1988 BMW M5

Nice pack, but I'll wait another month or two and see if subsequent ones follow suit before springing for the car pass.

Good to see the E28 M5 is free to all, and if the F-Type sounds half as filthy in the game as it does in reality, it'll be a winner.

Can't get enough of the soundtrack on this game; just heard one song on the radio in real-life and it seems this game is following me wherever I go!

So good.gif

RawNuts

The driver in the Diablo from an outside camera isn't positioned in the seat correctly, and their hands aren't on the wheel as a result. This doesn't appear in photo mode but only in gameplay; not a big deal but I figured I would mention it if Helios happens to scroll by. Also the bottom of the Willys Jeep and just underneath the spoiler on the F355 have culling issues.

CheapyD from CAG wrote an open letter to MS about the DLC. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...ayground-games-regarding-forza-horizon-2-dlc/
I agree that Forza 5's progression at launch was unshamelessly geared toward urging players into buying things with real money (unless you used Forza rewards and quickly racked up millions); but, to use that to transition into the issue in his open letter is a bit jarring. It seems petty to address this in the form of an open letter, especially when Forza's DLC has been handled like this for years. The point he makes about sponsorship is rather weak, and the value of any certain car is going to be subjective.
I like CheapyD, but I can't agree with him here; Forza's DLC model is what anyone would expect from console DLC in this age (which, to plenty of people, can be shitty).

THRILLH0

Banned
Can anyone tell me how far I can play if I launch before the game is fully downloaded?

Does it depend on the amount or is there a specific cut off?

This game ran beautifully the first day... now the last two times I've tried to play it, it continues to crash on me?

Just crashed... not sure what's up. My "leaderboard" updates are glitched, maybe that has something to do with it? Any advice here?

CheapyD from CAG wrote an open letter to MS about the DLC. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...ayground-games-regarding-forza-horizon-2-dlc/

There is no sponsorship of the DLC packs, so that point goes out the window. And since there is no such thing as a play to win car , DLC as always remains an option. I only purchased 1 car pack in FM5 while others decided to buy a season pass or non at all. There are more than enough cars in the game already.

ShamePain

Banned
Agreed, Forza's DLC has been shitty for a while now. Really wish they would add more value to it.

I don't know man, Forza's DLC seems rather good to me. I can't name any other racing game that has better value. PD seems to only add more skylines and priuses, definitely nothing touching the epicness of a Rolls or an F-type.

Kampfheld

Banned
Agreed, Forza's DLC has been shitty for a while now. Really wish they would add more value to it.
Really can't agree. Especially with Forza 5 they did an amazing job. They expended the car pass (which delivered much value) at No additional cost and gave you 3 free tracks.

GHG

Gold Member
This game ran beautifully the first day... now the last two times I've tried to play it, it continues to crash on me?

Just crashed... not sure what's up. My "leaderboard" updates are glitched, maybe that has something to do with it? Any advice here?

I had similar issues yesterday. There was one point where I went to load the game up and it wouldn't even start and just got stuck on the initial loading screen for about 5 minutes.

I had to hard reset the console to get back in, but since then its not crashed at all in about 3-4 hours of play.

The game badly needs patching.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn. Tried an American muscle car championship just thinking I'd get some cars to photograph. Only got one car I didn't already have, but I lost a race. Still won the championship but now my stats don't line up neatly :p

For the photo promo thing, is there anywhere that indicates which cars you don't have, or which you need? Or does the game tend to put ones you haven't seen in your area? On 205 now and worried they'll dry up.

I do wish you had a perk to reveal all XP or travel boards though. Or they would show up if you only drove on roads. Having to drive near them across country makes it a bit of a crap shoot whether you find them or not.

Damn. Tried an American muscle car championship just thinking I'd get some cars to photograph. Only got one car I didn't already have, but I lost a race. Still won the championship but now my stats don't line up neatly :p

For the photo promo thing, is there anywhere that indicates which cars you don't have, or which you need? Or does the game tend to put ones you haven't seen in your area? On 205 now and worried they'll dry up.

I do wish you had a perk to reveal all XP or travel boards though. Or they would show up if you only drove on roads. Having to drive near them across country makes it a bit of a crap shoot whether you find them or not.

Can't you go to the Photo Promo menu box thinger under "Progress" I believe and it'll list the cars? I recall it telling me how many I had from particular manufacturers but I didn't browse to see what else it showed or if you could click within and see the individual cars? I'd imagine you could.

Monad

Definitely not disappointed with this pack, 4 all-new cars in the franchise and 2 beautiful european masterpieces from FM4 debuting on Xbox One (one of them free).

BTW, nice punch to DriveClub's launch, especially with that Clio RS 200.

GHG

Gold Member
Do you have to buy the VIP pass to get the Donkervroot D8 GTO?

I attempted to buy the car using my credits last night but it just took me to the store to promote the VIP pack to me.

Seems shady.

Monad

Do you have to buy the VIP pass to get the Donkervroot D8 GTO?

I attempted to buy the car using my credits last night but it just took me to the store to promote the VIP pack to me.

Seems shady.

Yes, you do.

Amazing car, if you ask me.

Is Horizon Online unlocked at that point?

I know clubs aren't unlocked until after train, but I am able to invite him to party and join the online freeroam sessions.

I can see other people on the forza forums have crashed at the same point of the game and there has been no solution

eastx

There is no sponsorship of the DLC packs, so that point goes out the window. And since there is no such thing as a play to win car , DLC as always remains an option. I only purchased 1 car pack in FM5 while others decided to buy a season pass or non at all. There are more than enough cars in the game already.

The pack didn't end up with the Mobil 1 name by accident. It's obviously a sponsorship deal.

Otherwise I agree with you that the DLC is optional and totally not necessary.

eastx

They can fuck off then. The car is in the game but its being blocked by an artificial paywall?

Kindly fuck off.

That car is one of five cars that are part of the VIP membership. If the VIP cars weren't exclusive, there'd be very little point to buying the membership. There are 210 + 8 cars included with the game anyway, so it's not like they shorted you on cars.

Picked up VIP as it was discounted, seemed ok at £7.99.

Nice start to car packs, gone from not being interested to sitting on the fence. If it's strong again next month I'll jump in.

ShamePain

Banned
The pack didn't end up with the Mobil 1 name by accident. It's obviously a sponsorship deal.

They've had IGN, Jalopnik, Bondurant and other names for packs. The don't really mean anything.

T.O.P

Banned
Bought the Veneno last night

nWaVbdQ.gif

GHG

Gold Member
That car is one of five cars that are part of the VIP membership. If the VIP cars weren't exclusive, there'd be very little point to buying the membership. There are 210 + 8 cars included with the game anyway, so it's not like they shorted you on cars.

That's not the point.

This is not the place for this kind of debate but they shouldn't be putting the cars on the disk, allowing them to show up in the in-game car store with the number of credits needed to buy them, only to then take you to the store to purchase a "VIP pass" if you then attempt to buy said cards using your I game credits. It's 100% shady and misleading.

Please save me anything alluding to "over delivering on value", this is bullshit.

I'm astounded there are people that defend this and I'm even more astounded that some people even fall for it and buy it.

It's £15.99 for crying out loud. You can buy full games for that price.

Maybe I've been away from the xbox platform for too long, but this is not how 1st party dlc should work. This is ios/android levels of crap.

ShamePain

Banned
That's not the point.

This is not the place for this kind of debate but they shouldn't be putting the cars on the disk, allowing them to show up in the in-game car store with the number of credits needed to buy them, only to then take you to the store to purchase a "VIP pass" if you then attempt to buy said cards using your I game credits. It's 100% shady and misleading.

Please save me anything alluding to "over delivering on value", this is bullshit.

I'm astounded there are people that defend this and I'm even more astounded that some people even fall for it and buy it.

It's £15.99 for crying out loud. You can buy full games for that price.

Maybe I've been away from the xbox platform for too long, but this is not how 1st party dlc should work. This is ios/android levels of crap.

All DLC cars are automatically downloaded to your game because other people's drivatars have to be able to show up driving these cars, same for online. There's plenty of cars in the stock game already. DLC is basically next forza's content given out earlier for those who are willing to pay.

GHG

Gold Member
All DLC cars are automatically downloaded to your game because other people's drivatars have to be able to show up driving these cars, same for online. There's plenty of cars in the stock game already. DLC is basically next forza's content given out earlier for those who are willing to pay.

Yeh £15.99 for 5 cars and a perk (cheat) is a fantastic deal. How on earth can anyone be offended by it?

The car pass (£19.99 for 30 cars) is a not horrendous for the times we live in but seriously, the VIP pass is unforgivable.

It felt like I was suddenly transported to a parallel universe where I was playing FH2 on the IOS platform.

Also please stop with the "plenty of cars" mantra. It doesn't excuse it in the slightest.

What hyperbolic rot.

I've always found the VIP a good deal right back to FM2. You get so many gifted cars and cash during the year. You are judging it on what you get right away, which is not what it is about.

ShamePain

Banned
Yeh £15.99 for 5 cars and a perk (cheat) is a fantastic deal. How on earth can anyone be offended by it?

The car pass (£19.99 for 30 cars) is a not horrendous for the times we live in but seriously, the VIP pass is unforgivable.

It felt like I was suddenly transported to a parallel universe where I was playing FH2 on the IOS platform.

Also please stop with the "plenty of cars" mantra. It doesn't excuse it in the slightest.

Again nobody makes you buy the VIP membership, the game is pretty generous on credits as well, I'm not a VIP and have been playing for 4 days and already got 50+ cars and 2.8 mil credits, and only 300,000 is from forza rewards. Of course I wouldn't mind having the VIP cars, but there are so many other cars in the game that I never feel shorthanded honestly. 5 cars that aren't available is not a big deal for me.

GHG

Gold Member
What hyperbolic rot.

I've always found the VIP a good deal right back to FM2. You get so many gifted cars and cash during the year. You are judging it on what you get right away, which is not what it is about.

Ok so how many cars do you get if you buy it? Are these new cars that you wouldn't get if you didn't buy the pass or are they cars that already exist in the game that you just get given without having to spend credits?

Because if its the latter along with the "free" cash you are just paying for a cheat.

If its the former then the store page does a poor job of explaining it and it needs to explain how many cars you will get for your money properly.

derFeef

Are you driving a car with a lowered/upgraded but not tuned suspension in these things? If so, try running the same car with either a stock or even lifted suspension with softer damping - you'll do a lot better, since you'll spend more time applying power and less time bouncing over the irregular terrain.

Need to give it a shot, thanks. But it's mostly on straights or right before the finish when the AI is catching up and overtaking me, and it feels really cheap.

Helios, can you confirm that rubberbanding is in this game? It sometimes feels like it does.

The cars in the game currently seem a lot better than what the DLC offers. Though I'm considering the car pass, i think the game is thoroughly satisfying already even without it.

With Forza 5 it was a whole different deal, major cars like the Veneno, the Veyron were all behind a paywall. At least with this one, there's less of that unless you are really a fan of whatever they put in the DLC packs now.

A couple of months ago either Helios or Badned said that the names are not sponsored in the FM5 thread.

Pug

What I quite enjoy about this game is that races are completely changed by the open world mechanics. Racing lastnight I got shunted whilst driving the Huracan lost control and instead of belting it into a wall or building and coming to a complete halt (which can happen for sure), I flew through a load of fencing, missed by pure chance a load of trees, did a 180 in a field and managed to rejoining the track further up, managed to nab 3rd place by the end of the race. This is a great racing game.

What I quite enjoy about this game is that races are completely changed by the open world mechanics. Racing lastnight I got shunted whilst driving the Huracan lost control and instead of belting it into a wall or building and coming to a complete halt (which can happen for sure), I flew through a load of fencing, missed by pure chance a load of trees, did a 180 in a field and managed to rejoining the track further up, managed to nab 3rd place by the end of the race. This is a great racing game.

Yeah, I would originally think that allowing people to cut the track corners is cheating, but since everyone can do it anyway, it adds a lot of intensity and variety to the whole experience. It's a great break from the scientific precision you need with Forza Motorsport games.

It kinda feels like Mario Kart 8 in the sense that some randomness is added to the racing mix, without the ridiculous rubberbanding of that game.

Top Bottom