• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

T.O.P

Banned
Whoever said an open world game could not have great tracks is simply wrong. There are some neat courses in this game, really enjoying the tight city tracks.

Don't even read what those people writes, they absolutely have no freakin clue lol

KePoW

Banned
Booted up Forza 5, see my driver ai only been doing three races per day for a while. Looks at Horizon, ai drove over 100 races in one day! :O

Where do you see that in FH2?

I have been playing the game since the digital launch, and I have never received a single drivatar payout the entire time.

Can someone explain how that works?

It's not really an option to sell. I think what he means is that if you wheel spin a car you already own, the game will give you the option to take the money instead.

I don't see an option to sell, only remove cars.
Where do you see that in FH2?

I have been playing the game since the digital launch, and I have never received a single drivatar payout the entire time.

Can someone explain how that works?
Social > message center > daily payouts

jem0208

Just ran into an annoying issue. Tried to start a rivals event and got stuck on a loading screen for about 5 minutes...

Had to quit the game.

I thought Horizon 1 was great, but let down by the circuits and courses. It felt like the map didn't really work in terms of creating great racing ribbons.

However I think Playground has really done a great job in changing that for Horizon 2 - plenty of the city circuits are memorable with interesting corner complexes, the offroad courses are dramatic and the point to point sprints worthy of a decent rally game.

Got the car pass.

Anyone else get gifted 300k from rewards again? Said I had a notification in the hub and ended up with another payout, is the pass?

NIN90

You know what's fucking divine? When some parts of these Bass Arena songs sync up with the awesome shit that happens onscreen.

Navy Bean

I spent like 3 hours in a Ferrari LaFerrari at the cargo docks just stringing together jumps, e-brakes and burnouts. You can rack up a ton of XP and its pretty damn fun because you're always on the edge of wiping out.

Bessy67

I wish the skill points did more. I still love chaining together great combos but once you get all the perks the skill system kinda loses the carrot at the end of the stick.

Gestault

I wish the skill points did more. I still love chaining together great combos but once you get all the perks the skill system kinda loses the carrot at the end of the stick.

I filled my board already, I do wish there was more "carrot". Still, putting the points in the XP bonus for clean racing though was a satisfying choice for how I (try to) drive.

Krilekk

Banned
I spent like 3 hours in a Ferrari LaFerrari at the cargo docks just stringing together jumps, e-brakes and burnouts. You can rack up a ton of XP and its pretty damn fun because you're always on the edge of wiping out.

Yeah, but it's annoying the skill counter maxes out at 5 (6 with perk). There's really no reason not to cash in once the counter reaches the maximum. It would be cool if it was infinite and there was a leaderboard. I can't believe some people have scores of 10 million points though. That's just crazy.

They really need to fix the Mini John Cooper Works GP gameplay model. It's so noticeably different from the showroom/photo mode model it's ridiculous.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, but it's annoying the skill counter maxes out at 5 (6 with perk). There's really no reason not to cash in once the counter reaches the maximum. It would be cool if it was infinite and there was a leaderboard. I can't believe some people have scores of 10 million points though. That's just crazy.

I think there is an internal counter which doesn't max out. So you will earn more XP if you go on.

Anyone get the pack yet? I wanna see pics! And video!

Gonna take that E28 M5 and show her a great time tonight. Maybe a few roundabouts, a nice drive on the coast, maybe a quick drift around Nice.

Then I am going to take that dirty F-Type out and listen to her scream ALL GODDAM NIGHT. Wait until its dark and shes good and wet and then ride her hard all up and down the countryside.

Edit: On another top, watching some of those DriveClub videos makes me wish that Horizon could get better about elevation changes. I rarely feel like I am ever actually climbing or dropping down any sort of elevation. There are small changes here and there, but nothing that I would call noticeable. I just don't understand why not, as the game would be just perfect for twisty mountain roads.

Klocker

Oh my!

RPmJjRPl.jpg

do want! holding out for that spin

Edit: On another top, watching some of those DriveClub videos makes me wish that Horizon could get better about elevation changes. I rarely feel like I am ever actually climbing or dropping down any sort of elevation. There are small changes here and there, but nothing that I would call noticeable. I just don't understand why not, as the game would be just perfect for twisty mountain roads.

I reckon that's to do with how the camera works, looks really cool.

So it seems like the car pass isn't actually working yet? The new pack is available to buy, but not showing up in my game.

It's a minor thing, but it seems like once again the most loyal fans get screwed. Pretty cool.

So it seems like the car pass isn't actually working yet? The new pack is available to buy, but not showing up in my game.

It's a minor thing, but it seems like once again the most loyal fans get screwed. Pretty cool.

It's not working for anyone. There's a post on the FM forums saying they're working out an issue with Microsoft to get the update pushed out (which is what contains the cars themselves)

KePoW

Banned
I don't know why it's so hard for PG/T10 to get a hold of these DLC activation issues. I mean is it really that tough?

yea, FH2 has no vertical camera movement at all, may explain how they keep the rock solid performance as the image can be controlled more , I'd assume.

Never really thought about it being performance related. F5 is so utterly rigid as much as I love the game it's cockpit annoys the shit outta me.

I reckon that's to do with how the camera works, looks really cool.

I meant it more in grander sense. Like the feeling of actually climbing a hill or screaming down a mountain. Horizon doesn't really have any major elevation changes in its map that I can tell. There are a few that I have noticed, but they are minimal at best.

If this game was composed of cross-country/off-road races only, I'd be happy. They are by far my favourite races.

See, that's funny because I DESPISE the "cross country" races. I hate how they are set up, I hate how the AI cheats and I hate how they feel. I really thought I would like them, but they just don't "feel" good to me. I would rather have the races on the dirt roads a la rally then to do those stupid Cross Country races again.

I meant it more in grander sense. Like the feeling of actually climbing a hill or screaming down a mountain. Horizon doesn't really have any major elevation changes in its map that I can tell. There are a few that I have noticed, but they are minimal at best.

Gotcha.

I haven't seen any particularly steep climbs or drops. Kind of hoped there'd be some too, liked Camino for that. Feeling the shittier cars struggle to get up the hill was great.

Gotcha.

I haven't seen any particularly steep climbs or drops. Kind of hoped there'd be some too, liked Camino for that. Feeling the shittier cars struggle to get up the hill was great.

I know! I just love watching Hill Climb races and I don't get why there have been 2 of these games with no actual hill climbs. Think about how amazing Kaido would be with the open world of Horizon! One wrong move and you can plummet all the way back to the start. The game is just begging for an amazing mountain to climb and yet all the roads are pretty much the same elevation with only minor changes.

KePoW

Banned
See, that's funny because I DESPISE the "cross country" races. I hate how they are set up, I hate how the AI cheats and I hate how they feel. I really thought I would like them, but they just don't "feel" good to me. I would rather have the races on the dirt roads a la rally then to do those stupid Cross Country races again.

People are different. Like Lukas, I love the Cross Country races. They feel great to me even in high class vehicles.

Klocker

How often does forza rewards update your progress?

My page shows me way behind where I actually am in the game... closing in on tier 7 reward.

Absolutely love this game....but the freezing is worrying me. As I progress....it seems to get worse. Game freezes and....vroooooom....continues. Somehow breaks the experience.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So I progress far enough into the game to find my first Barn Find car. And the car looks awesome! It's all decked out with decals and rally lights and such. And then when I get the car it's just a vanilla car without upgrades. But I don't remember what it actually looked like before so I can't even get it back to that look. And there aren't rally lights in the upgrade menu.

Am I missing something here? Where is stuff to make my Renault (and/or my Fiesta) look like an actual rally car?

Klocker

So I progress far enough into the game to find my first Barn Find car. And the car looks awesome! It's all decked out with decals and rally lights and such. And then when I get the car it's just a vanilla car without upgrades. But I don't remember what it actually looked like before so I can't even get it back to that look. And there aren't rally lights in the upgrade menu.

Am I missing something here? Where is stuff to make my Renault (and/or my Fiesta) look like an actual rally car?

For body upgrades look in each section under the main "wing" upgrades. Although have not seen roof rally lights like in fh1 rally add on. Just basic bumper and flare stuff.... also go to designs and find new designs and. you can choose from many liveries

There also seems to be a glitch that when you upgrade a hardware part over a dl livery, it does not update on the car visually . You need to erase the livery and reselect it, it seems

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn, I thought I might get away with it, but 314/315 roads :( removed all icons and still can't see anything wrong. Also showing 10/15 speed zones and not all speed cameras. How can I have missed them if the roads are all filled in??

Bessy67

Damn, I thought I might get away with it, but 314/315 roads :( removed all icons and still can't see anything wrong. Also showing 10/15 speed zones and not all speed cameras. How can I have missed them if the roads are all filled in??
Pretty sure road discovery works on road trips but speed traps don't.

Top Bottom