• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

HeliosT10

This game ran beautifully the first day... now the last two times I've tried to play it, it continues to crash on me?

Just crashed... not sure what's up. My "leaderboard" updates are glitched, maybe that has something to do with it? Any advice here?

Hey there,

If you're experiencing issues with crashing/freezing can I please ask that you post as many details about the incident as you can remember on our official forums. The devs are actively investigating and it makes things a lot easier for them to keep an eye on things if most of the feedback is confined to one or two threads devoted to the topic:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22698p4_Freezing--Xbox-One.aspx

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst23114_Forza-Horizon-2-Xbox-One-Crashing-often.aspx

This also applies to other things you might find too, please post them to our official forums as they are being constantly monitored.

ShamePain

Banned
Hey Helios, I have a small issue with the game, when you buy a car and it offers community paint jobs, the designs display just fine but when I'm trying to apply them it says there's an error communicating with the server. Sometimes it does work though, but most of the time it doesn't. All other features are working fine and I've only had the game freeze once when I just started out. No problems since then and I've clocked around 20 hours of playtime in 4 days. The game is crack. Cheers to T10/PG.

Strictly

Any help? My game seems to be stuck on initial loading screen. It hasn't crashed, but no matter how many times I restart it, it won't load, it just says "please wait"?

ekim

p3tran

Banned
CheapyD from CAG wrote an open letter to MS about the DLC. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...ayground-games-regarding-forza-horizon-2-dlc/

lol

I dont know who cheapyD is, but if he complains about forza this generation,
when right off the bat starts you with over 200 cars, both motorsport and horizon,
I really want to see his <<open letters>> to EVERYONE ELSE releasing car games this generation.

did he write a letter to EA for rivals? will he write a letter to evolution for dc? I mean, these are games that start you with only ....25% of cars that forza games offer.
show me the letters cheappyD my man! :D

p3tran

Banned
They can fuck off then. The car is in the game but its being blocked by an artificial paywall?

Kindly fuck off.

That's not the point.

This is not the place for this kind of debate but they shouldn't be putting the cars on the disk, allowing them to show up in the in-game car store with the number of credits needed to buy them, only to then take you to the store to purchase a "VIP pass" if you then attempt to buy said cards using your I game credits. It's 100% shady and misleading.

Please save me anything alluding to "over delivering on value", this is bullshit.

I'm astounded there are people that defend this and I'm even more astounded that some people even fall for it and buy it.

It's £15.99 for crying out loud. You can buy full games for that price.

Maybe I've been away from the xbox platform for too long, but this is not how 1st party dlc should work. This is ios/android levels of crap.

exclusive VIP cars are...exclusive to VIP!
what is so hard to understand?
you would prefer if they were left outside of the "buy a car" menu?
why?
because then, if these cars were outside, I would complain that my purchased content is ..out of the game. And I would be more right than you.

you find it "misleading" maybe because you are out of touch with forza for long.
it really is a good system. and very clear as to what it is.
for example, did you by any chance notice a small icon on the bottom of donkervoot pic? ;) yeap.

ShamePain

Banned
lol

I dont know who cheapyD is, but if he complains about forza this generation,
when right off the bat starts you with over 200 cars, both motorsport and horizon,
I really want to see his <<open letters>> to EVERYONE ELSE releasing car games this generation.

did he write a letter to EA for rivals? will he write a letter to evolution for dc? I mean, these are games that start you with only ....25% of cars that forza games offer.
show me the letters cheappyD my man! :D

People also forget that GT5 launched with just 200 cars, only in that case we had to wait for 6 years.

I was starting to wander what happened to the showcase events, then it notified me that a hot-air balloon race was available. Yesssss.

There's still not enough of these types of events, though, imo. They are my favourite events after off-road races.

So just curious, not a complaint, what is there to do after the horzion finale? Im like 4 championships away. Do I just continue the road trip and do more championships or is there an "endgame"

> 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v

They're trying to crawl into my wallet using sentiment, aren't they? Loved this car like a child, until one fateful day the timing belt broke on 3rd St. in Bloomington, IN. It was like a lover betraying me. Our relationship was never the same...sigh.

Haven't had an answer in the other thread, so I'll ask here too: Is there any way for me to view my screenshots online? I don't have a capture card.

psychotron

Bucket list challenge number 10 and the one with the Bowler were definitely patience testers, but gave that great feeling of satisfaction after completing them. No crashes last night, finally. There is so much content in this game. It's incredible how much value you get for your money. Best racing game I've played since 2 gens ago.

U2NUMB

I am sure this has been asked but I can not find the answer.. what is the level cap in the game? I saw some 180's last night..

Saroyan

> 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v

They're trying to crawl into my wallet using sentiment, aren't they? Loved this car like a child, until one fateful day the timing belt broke on 3rd St. in Bloomington, IN. It was like a lover betraying me. Our relationship was never the same...sigh.

Ah but thats the punishment for neglecting maintenance on a German car. If the Germans say it must be done, then it must be done. If you take care of them they will love you back though :)

RyudBoy

Man, this game is so good!

One thing though, some of my speed trap records aren't being saved. I know I smashed a bunch of records within GAF Club, and the next time I turned on the game, it didn't save my highest speed.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Both Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2 are not getting past their loading screens, not sure what's going on.

Do a hard reset of your console (hold the power button for 10 secs while the system is on). I had that problem with a few games before.

Klocker

What I quite enjoy about this game is that races are completely changed by the open world mechanics. Racing lastnight I got shunted whilst driving the Huracan lost control and instead of belting it into a wall or building and coming to a complete halt (which can happen for sure), I flew through a load of fencing, missed by pure chance a load of trees, did a 180 in a field and managed to rejoining the track further up, managed to nab 3rd place by the end of the race. This is a great racing game.

Yep this is what I love about this open world racing. It is adrenaline inducing in ways I never imagined... I get a rush

For those of you who are complaining about cars / paywall etc. I just want to give perspective from old time gamer since you youngling seem to think that this paywall / dlc thing is some kind of new evil thing. Expansion pack concept has been around since the dawn of PC gaming. When I was a young guy, the expansion pack (or today DLC) of car pack (usually total of 5 cars) or may be 10 new "tracks" cost about $9.99 on a disc. This was back in the late 1980's early 1990's. Adjusting today pricing these pack would be around $15-18 today.

For those of you who are complaining about cars / paywall etc. I just want to give perspective from old time gamer since you youngling seem to think that this paywall / dlc thing is some kind of new evil thing. Expansion pack concept has been around since the dawn of PC gaming. When I was a young guy, the expansion pack (or today DLC) of car pack (usually total of 5 cars) or may be 10 new "tracks" cost about $9.99 on a disc. This was back in the late 1980's early 1990's. Adjusting today pricing these pack would be around $15-18 today.

Yup. Didn't Test Drive 3 have a paid expansion? It was around $20 I think.

derFeef

Whoever said an open world game could not have great tracks is simply wrong. There are some neat courses in this game, really enjoying the tight city tracks.

Booted up Forza 5, see my driver ai only been doing three races per day for a while. Looks at Horizon, ai drove over 100 races in one day! :O

Oh my!

RPmJjRPl.jpg

Is there any way to browse a friend's photo mode shots online? I'm an idiot and am totally lost on the website lol.

edit: you lucky sob

second edit: Nevermind, I did some URL trickery to get to it.

What's the point of telling you that a car you win as a prize is worth a certain amount, if you can't even sell it?

Probably because:

1) The VIP bonus is based off the car's value, so it needs a displayed value just for reference.

2) It's a "wow look at this awesome deal" kinda thing to make you feel good about the win.

arhra

Probably because:

1) The VIP bonus is based off the car's value, so it needs a displayed value just for reference.

2) It's a "wow look at this awesome deal" kinda thing to make you feel good about the win.

3) Let's you know how much you've saved by not having to spend your own hard-earned credits on it.

Top Bottom