• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

VinFTW

By the way everyone picking up the game on Xbone can feel free to add me, I just bought my system and don't know anyone else with one so I'm totally whoring out my gamertag for everyone to add!

RufousSoup6

I won't be able to get on for a few days, add me!

GT: Vin FTW

As long as you keep responding to him, he'll keep responding to you. Be the better man and stop the cycle.

Wow, fuck, you're right...

Consider it done :p

Netprints

By the way everyone picking up the game on Xbone can feel free to add me, I just bought my system and don't know anyone else with one so I'm totally whoring out my gamertag for everyone to add!

RufousSoup6

Peterpan

So reviews tomorrow. Can't wait. I predict high 80s. I expect high scores simply cause none car game fans are having fun with this and looking at some reviewers who can't drive at all (yet still review car games), I expect high scores.

Anybody know how they are handling multiplayer in this game? I wasn't able to join an online mode in the demo. Can i join a match made lobby that starts everyone in a race at the same time? I did not like the way this was handled in the latest NFS and the wording in the OT has me worried.

VinFTW

So reviews tomorrow. Can't wait. I predict high 80s. I expect high scores simply cause none car game fans are having fun with this and looking at some reviewers who can't drive at all (yet still review car games), I expect high scores.

Holy fuck, you're right. reviews are tomorrow! Can't wait.

Ape

Banned
I could see this getting a 90 plus metacritic. My best guess will be 87. Won't be surprised if it's at 91 though.

Will reviews hit at midnight or is this a game that doesn't get a ton of reviews once the embargo is up?

It's one of Microsoft's biggest platform exclusives for the fall, I'm sure the big guns will have reviews ready for embargo, unless they are waiting for retail servers to deliver their verdict.

jesu

Anybody know how they are handling multiplayer in this game? I wasn't able to join an online mode in the demo. Can i join a match made lobby that starts everyone in a race at the same time? I did not like the way this was handled in the latest NFS and the wording in the OT has me worried.

Online Road Trip puts you into the open world with the other players, everyone has to race to the same place.Once there the game picks 4 races/events for you all to do.After that you get a new place to race to and it begins again.

It's a bit like NFS Most Wanted(2012) if you've played that.

Gestault

I couldn't justify buying a Bone just for FH2. I'd obviously get FM5 as well and then the whole Fanatec legacy thing would rear up and consume me once more. I'm not going down that road again. It'll be the 360 version or naught for me I think.

If the impulse triggers weren't as good as they are, I'd have been too annoyed by the generational drop for legacy wheel support to grab the games I have been. Having bought specific mid-range wheels for PS3 and 360, it was almost unbelievable that neither were supported on the new systems. Racers am cry.

Now hold on there for just one second.

I don't know what his deal is.

Ape

Banned
It's one of Microsoft's biggest platform exclusives for the fall, I'm sure the big guns will have reviews ready for embargo, unless they are waiting for retail servers to deliver their verdict.

Yeah, this isn't Destiny. That game was it's own beast.

Online Road Trip puts you into the open world with the other players, everyone has to race to the same place.Once there the game picks 4 races/events for you all to do.After that you get a new place to race to and it begins again.

It's a bit like NFS Most Wanted(2012) if you've played that.

Thanks! Sounds a little like Burnout Paradise which was awesome (obviously). I hope they have an option to setup custom lobbies too but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't love the first Horizon, it was great but I didn't like the setting, Europe is a much better fit for this game. And if I bought an Xbox One it would just be for Forza's once a year, it's not worth it for me. The PS4 on the other hand is looking more plausible. I can play Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7 and The Last of Us, oh and Driveclub (I guess). I don't get why you guys have a problem with me being excited for the 360 version.

What has any of that got to do with Forza Horizon 2?

ca41ad70_utuhk.gif

RoKKeR

I predict a 90+ metascore and a serious GOTY contender.

*resists avatar quote*

Looking forward to seeing what the press thinks!

Also I saw somewhere that the Tesla Model S is a part of the VIP pass? Is that real? If so I absolutely am grabbing that.

Forza Horizon 1 is my favorite racing game of all time.

Cannot wait to get my hands on this. The only bummer is I'm still playing Destiny and Shadows of Mordor come out the same day....

Oh well, I'll for sure be making time to rage this game. I can't say enough how much I adore Horizon 1.

Ape

Banned
Is someone doing a review thread?

FH2 |Review Thread| The Grapes Of Ralph

(I WILL find a use for it, dammit!)

that is genius, it can't be denied.

the only reason that I am just a little skeptical on the plus 90 metacritic is that the original was 85 on the site. gaining 5 would be absolutely great but who knows.

Must... Not... Be.... Baited.... By... Troll..

Don't do it!

arhra

*resists avatar quote*

Looking forward to seeing what the press thinks!

Also I saw somewhere that the Tesla Model S is a part of the VIP pass? Is that real? If so I absolutely am grabbing that.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_vip

VIP Membership

Forza Horizon 2 VIP Membership (regular $19.99; 50% off or $9.99 for Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members) is like a backstage pass at the Horizon Festival, giving you access to cool content you can only get here. VIP members will receive exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the VIP Car Pack, featuring five cars (four of which are brand new to the Forza franchise). These five cars include the 2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO. VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. Current Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs receive a $10 discount on digital purchases of Forza Horizon 2 VIP membership or any Forza Horizon 2 digital offer that includes VIP membership. (Note that this discount only applies to digital offers of Forza Horizon 2.)

(link also has details of the launch day bonus car pack, and an outline of how much the car pass will have)

derFeef

"Empty world" was one of the things that came up in some reviews for the first game and it's understandable. Some streams of FH2 showed that this did not get fixed or changed, might be a point to knock.

Ape

Banned
I live in California and travel on the LA freeways constantly so maybe that's why I can appreciate the open roads.

e32U2lp.png

Doffen

"Empty world" was one of the things that came up in some reviews for the first game and it's understandable. Some streams of FH2 showed that this did not get fixed or changed, might be a point to knock.

Thought that would be "fixed" by drivatars. Also:

i4MMa8alJ5SSU.gif

neurophd

Although they added traffic in the online mode.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

What does empty world actually mean though? This is not an open world like Skyrim. Cars don't need dungeons. The game does interesting things with random encounters style events that there seems to be a glut of and also seems to feed it out in interesting and varied ways from what I've been following. I imagine people seeing the freedom in horizon might try to knock it for not being something that its not (Burnout Paradise comes to mind) with big ass ramps, police chases and nitro boost but that's not really Forza or Forza Horizon... I'd really be disappointed by a review that refuses to judge the game by its own merits against what its trying to be rather than how much it isn't like something else to the point that it loses its own identity.

I guess what they mean is that some areas can feel a little lifeless with just roads through the environment and nothing to see or do. Traffic does not fix that.

Well Forza Horizon 2 shows the character of Southern Europe, amazing country roads, little cottages and villages along the coast and great scenery. You play it to drive. What else do you want to do?

I guess what they mean is that some areas can feel a little lifeless with just roads through the environment and nothing to see or do. Traffic does not fix that.

You mean like in real life? But with 700+ events and a bunch of peripheral activities, I doubt that any part of the world will feel empty.

Well Forza Horizon 2 shows the character of Southern Europe, amazing country roads, little cottages and villages along the coast and great scenery. You play it to drive. What else do you want to do?

GTAV does a good jov of making it's rural scenery feel alive. I enjoyed the FH2 demo immensely but some small touches like a bit more traffic, wildlife, and maybe things like trains rolling along would help.

But I agree that it's primarily a racing game and that's where the focus should be.

GTAV does a good jov of making it's rural scenery feel alive. I enjoyed the FH2 demo immensely but some small touches like a bit more traffic, wildlife, and maybe things like trains rolling along would help.

But I agree that it's primarily a racing game and that's where the focus should be.

Don't know how having wild life in the game would turn out. If players could run them over that would create shit storm #214 for Microsoft. If they were non-solid objects it would piss off people and if they were solid objects but indestructible it would cause people to moan about it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hey guys.

Just a heads up that Driftwood and myself are going to do a live stream of the game at 9:30PM CEST (in about 80 minutes) on Twitch. We can't show more than the first hour of the game, but it should still allow us to go outside the demo area quite a bit. So if you want to see a bit of the game and also "enjoy" my truly terrible French-English accent, I'll post the link here when we start :)

If this is successful (this will be our first live stream), I'll most likely switch to a hybrid solution using our own stream servers with much higher image quality, but with twitch fallback too for mobile and users that can't handle the higher bitrate.

Top Bottom