• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

I think about a year ago or so I read somewhere that EAs Porsche-Exclusivity deal was to end 2015. Does anybody know more?
What are the chances of a Porsche car pack for a Forza 5 or Horizon 2?
I really want to drive a 550 Spyder through southern europe and maybe a 918 Spyder on the Nordschleife.

GlamFM

Banned
I think about a year ago or so I read somewhere that EAs Porsche-Exclusivity deal was to end 2015. Does anybody know more?
What are the chances of a Porsche car pack for a Forza 5 or Horizon 2?
I really want to drive a 550 Spyder through southern europe and maybe a 918 Spyder on the Nordschleife.

Slim. At least for Horizon.

RUF is in there though right?

Navy Bean

I think I spent like 90% of FH1 just driving around smashing signs and doing speed traps, etc. and I loved every minute of it.

I may try to actually do events in FH2 (especially the off-road stuff as the demo race was a blast) but it won't surprise me if I find myself just cruising around for a few hours.

jem0208

My only real worry after playing the demo and watching a few videos on the game is about how varied the world will be. Have we seen many environments beyond vineyards, town and the coast yet?

Because if not I'm a bit worried it might all get a bit samey...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does anyone know what the update is for the demo on XB1? It's 100 MB.

Hopefully it now saves progress, bit annoying having to keep replaying the opening.

Doffen

I didn't love the first Horizon, it was great but I didn't like the setting, Europe is a much better fit for this game. And if I bought an Xbox One it would just be for Forza's once a year, it's not worth it for me. The PS4 on the other hand is looking more plausible. I can play Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7 and The Last of Us, oh and Driveclub (I guess). I don't get why you guys have a problem with me being excited for the 360 version.

No problem about being excited for the 360 version, but why do you have a problem with that some might buy an Xbox One solely for the superior version of Horizon 2? You know the version that has been shown and that we know a lot about already.

My only real worry after playing the demo and watching a few videos on the game is about how varied the world will be. Have we seen many environments beyond vineyards, town and the coast yet?

Because if not I'm a bit worried it might all get a bit samey...

I just assumed there would be a huge variety, but now you have me worried :(

Expecting mountains....maybe some desert....

I thought ALT accounts and things like that were bannable should they be discovered?

Anywho, this is my first racing game since I enjoyed Burnout, and even then it was a passing interest.

Couldn't stop playing the demo, really hope I can get better at actually racing the cars. :/

Cygnus

Banned
No problem about being excited for the 360 version, but why do you have a problem with that some might buy an Xbox One solely for the superior version of Horizon 2? You know the version that has been shown and that we know a lot about already.

I have no problem at all did I say I did? I just said personally I can't buy an expensive new console for one franchise. Maybe I will in the future if my brother doesn't get one and they are much cheaper.

I thought ALT accounts and things like that were bannable should they be discovered?

Anywho, this is my first racing game since I enjoyed Burnout, and even then it was a passing interest.

Couldn't stop playing the demo, really hope I can get better at actually racing the cars. :/

I PM'd a mod about it. We'll see what happens.

Xanadu
Last Post Date: 01-27-2014

Cygnus

Obviously the racing is going to be the main drive (pun intended) of the game, but I really hope they include some areas with jumpable stuff. Having a racing game with semi-real physics and big ramps for air and stunts just sounds like heaven!

Deserts? In southern France and northern Italy? No geography taught in your school? :)

Welp, I'm dumb. I didn't know that it was set in a specific real world location - I just bought my XB1 last night and have only been following the game sporadically. The whole thing was pretty impulse :p

Doffen

I have no problem at all did I say I did? I just said personally I can't buy an expensive new console for one franchise. Maybe I will in the future if my brother doesn't get one and they are much cheaper.

You did say it wasn't worth 300 squid.
"Can't buy" and "not worth" isn't the same. At least to me.

I hope you enjoy the 360 version though :)

Cygnus

Banned
You did say it wasn't worth 300 squid.
"Can't buy" and "not worth" isn't the same. At least to me.

I hope you enjoy the 360 version though :)

I meant personally, with my income 300 pounds is a lot of money to spend, so if I was to buy one it would have to be for more than one franchise. I didn't think mentioning the PS4 would be considered trolling but I know people are quite touchy atm.

Wondering if the 360 version will get the remodelled versions of the previously innacurate cars or get lumped with them again?

I will cry if I have to drive that old F40 again, please god no.

VinFTW

I meant personally, with my income 300 pounds is a lot of money to spend, so if I was to buy one it would have to be for more than one franchise. I didn't think mentioning the PS4 would be considered trolling but I know people are quite touchy atm.

I will cry if I have to drive that old F40 again, please god no.

Well yeah.. we DID just had the OT title changed over some playful franchise competition... I'd say you should have known and kept the PS4 out of it.

Don't think the Xbox One's MANY upcoming exclusives within the next 2 years make the X1 worth it? Good for you, but don't tell us how the PS4 is and make us feel like peasants because we love this game and (for some people) think FH2 IS worth $460.

EBE

just got around to playing the demo for this. fucking amazing. debating whether or not to buy a wheel (the spider - which is the cheapest $90). i had a ton of fun with the first Horizon using the wireless speed wheel - didnt feel like spending a lot of cash then and i certainly dont now what with the xbox ones meager offering of wheels. what do i do?

This system squabbling has buried my post about how I hope there are spots for epic jumps in the game.

Epic Jump Discussions > Exclusives Talk

Let the people have their jumps!

FZW

Obviously the racing is going to be the main drive (pun intended) of the game, but I really hope they include some areas with jumpable stuff. Having a racing game with semi-real physics and big ramps for air and stunts just sounds like heaven!

from what i have seen in the streams, there are ramps. One area was an airport that had a ramp that can use to jump through a window into the building.

here is the stream i saw it on

http://youtu.be/GtIAk5OGEV8?t=1h3m6s

starts at 1:03:06

This system squabbling has buried my post about how I hope there are spots for epic jumps in the game.

Epic Jump Discussions > Exclusives Talk

Let the people have their jumps!

I agree, I spent an hour in the demo trying to find a place to get some good air (I remember seeing some gifs) but couldn't see anything.

That'll be the first thing I do in the full game, haha.

Cygnus

Banned
Well yeah.. we DID just had the OT title changed over some playful franchise competition... I'd say you should have known and kept the PS4 out of it.

Don't think the Xbox One's MANY upcoming exclusives within the next 2 years make the X1 worth it? Good for you, but don't tell us how the PS4 is and make us feel like peasants because we love this game and (for some people) think FH2 IS worth $460.

Why do you get so offended over my opinion? Peasants? I used to love Xbox exclusives that's why I bought a 360 for Forza, Gears of War, PGR and Halo. Now all but one of those franchises has either died or fallen from grace. Forza is an amazing series but as I said I can't justify spending so much for one franchise.

Trolling. Welcome to an Xbox One thread on NeoGAF.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, but this happens in every PS-exclusive thread that I've ever posted in. Especially DC threads. My point is that trolling happens in every thread, it isn't exclusive to X1 threads.
In fact, the demo thread for this game was heaven compared to any of the DC threads. Hardly any trolling or shitposting at all.

But can we get back to talking about the game, please?

Bessy67

I agree, I spent an hour in the demo trying to find a place to get some good air (I remember seeing some gifs) but couldn't see anything.

That'll be the first thing I do in the full game, haha.
Yeah, this was the best spot in the demo. It was up by the circuit race. Hopefully there will be a bunch in the full game. I was hoping you could drive up and off the mountain in the distance there, but it looks like that will be fenced off...

Mascot

I couldn't justify buying a Bone just for FH2. I'd obviously get FM5 as well and then the whole Fanatec legacy thing would rear up and consume me once more. I'm not going down that road again. It'll be the 360 version or naught for me I think.

VinFTW

Why do you get so offended over my opinion? Peasants? I used to love Xbox exclusives that's why I bought a 360 for Forza, Gears of War, PGR and Halo. Now all but one of those franchises has either died or fallen from grace. Forza is an amazing series but as I said I can't justify spending so much for one franchise.

Bringing up the PS4 and its worthwhile exclusives brings nothing to the discussion regarding Forza Horizon 2.

Cool bro.

Netprints

it sucks when you have this game preloaded. You see it everyday in your games page.

They haven't released any details on the car pass? Such as what we should be seeing first. Debating about getting it

By the way everyone picking up the game on Xbone can feel free to add me, I just bought my system and don't know anyone else with one so I'm totally whoring out my gamertag for everyone to add!

RufousSoup6

VinFTW

No, but I was trying to explain my points, as people we're questioning me further.

Welcome troll brother.

You're too transparent. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Top Bottom