• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

So does this game use our Drivatars from Forza 5? I recall something being mentioned at E3 about that but haven't seen anything since.

I deleted the Demo after I completed all the races... Why? Because the Demo was so Awesome I didn't want to overplay!

I never played Forza Horizon but so happy I got an Xbox One over a PS4, this game is going to be immense!

Quick question, can you do custom paint and decals like in the Forza Motorsports and how do you do it?

Doffen

I have a 360 to play Horizon 2, and I have a PC to play games with superior graphics to what Xbox One can offer.

I hope you don't believe that the 360 version is the same as the One version with lesser graphics. Because it isn't.

Sure it's nice to have a PC with "superior graphics to what Xbox One can offer", but you still can't play Forza Horizon 2 by Playground Games with it ;)

A bit of both. For instance seeing achievements isn't simple etc. the UI feels like a mess to me. But overall I like the Xbox One. PS4 is still godlike to me. But why not have both

I presume you don't have Kinect. In that case, you can pin the apps you often use, so that you can always find them to the left of your Home screen. For achievements and some other apps you can also use the new snap functionality. Just pres the home button twice, then go up and choose the app that you want to launch.

You'll see it's really not complicated once you get used to it, but some things still need to be improved.

Honestly the only problem Ive had with the X1's interface has been snap. I thought that was awful. So unintuitive. The new snap center fixes pretty much all those issues for me

I too love the new double tap snap center! If they could just add the option to have your old music like 360, I'd pretty much be out of gripes!

Forza related - have there been any hints of the Warthog making its way into this? I know it was in an old Forza, and it just sounds awesome to me!

I also really want to get the VIP pass for the Tesla Model S, but I can't justify the extra dinero...yet.

jesu

THAT I did not know.
So basically an entirely different game?
A lot of people will be double-dipping if that is indeed the case.

Yeah, I'm just waiting till after the release to see what the differences are.
Horizon 1 still looks and runs good so it should be worth getting.

Cygnus

Banned
Your PC can also off your superior graphics than the 360. Don't tlak yourself into this. It's stupid.

I never said it couldn't? I'm saying I don't need to pay 300 pounds to play a superior version of one game, I have absolutely no interest in Xbox games apart from Forza so luckily as there is a 360 version I'm sorted. I'll miss out on the Motorsport games but such is life, hopefully my brother will get one in the future.

I hope you don't believe that the 360 version is the same as the One version with lesser graphics. Because it isn't.

Sure it's nice to have a PC with "superior graphics to what Xbox One can offer", but you still can't play Forza Horizon 2 by Playground Games with it ;)

I know it isn't but would you pay 300 pounds to buy a console soley for a better version of a game you can play on 360? I wouldn't. And no I can't, but you forget there are PC games that you cannot play on consoles either.

Ok i played the demo at a friend's place yesterday and i'm f'n sold !

I'm no big open world racing games fan but there's exceptions and Forza Horizon 2 is one of them. The game is very varied, controls are perfect, graphics are incredible (sharp 1080p smooth framerate even at 30fps) i was impressed, pictures don't do the game any justice, you gotta see it live. I LOVE racing and then going off road for 30 or so seconds, feels so intense !!!

Gonna pre-order this bad boy for sure, not sure if it's worth getting the delux edition or not... not decided yet.

Doffen

I know it isn't but would you pay 300 pounds to buy a console soley for a better version of a game you can play on 360? I wouldn't. And no I can't, but you forget there are PC games that you cannot play on consoles either.

Yes I would pay 300 pounds for the actual sequel for a game I loved. And I would say that the One version sounds superior, not just better.

Why do you assume I forgot about exclusive PC games?

Cygnus

Banned
Yes I would pay 300 pounds for the actual sequel for a game I loved. And I would say that the One version sounds superior, not just better.

Why do you assume I forgot about exclusive PC games?

I didn't love the first Horizon, it was great but I didn't like the setting, Europe is a much better fit for this game. And if I bought an Xbox One it would just be for Forza's once a year, it's not worth it for me. The PS4 on the other hand is looking more plausible. I can play Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7 and The Last of Us, oh and Driveclub (I guess). I don't get why you guys have a problem with me being excited for the 360 version.

Pug

I deleted the Demo after I completed all the races... Why? Because the Demo was so Awesome I didn't want to overplay!

I never played Forza Horizon but so happy I got an Xbox One over a PS4, this game is going to be immense!

Quick question, can you do custom paint and decals like in the Forza Motorsports and how do you do it?

I deleted it because I had no room for the retail copy! Need to get another drive.

derFeef

Hi, my name is Cygnus and let me tell you that I am buying a PS4 for Forza Horizon 2.
No offense buddy, but I think we get it :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned a million times already but do we have any specifics on the differences between the Xbone and 360 version? FH was one of my favourite games of last generation, but i just can't shell out hundreds of pounds for one game.

I know there is no dynamic weather but apart from that, is there really a completely different map? Can you drive off road? Is it the same car list? Is the single player career mode the same? So many questions!

So can someone help explain multiplayer to me?

So i boot up horizon. start racing around. Do I see my friends, Destiny style? Or just their avatars?

Bessy67

So i boot up horizon. start racing around. Do I see my friends, Destiny style? Or just their avatars?
If you're playing single player the world is just populated by people's avatars. You can at any point switch to an online session and then you can play with your friends (12 or 14 I think?) although I think the world will still also be populated with people's avatars.

koolin101

Neo Member

I think you see your friends drivatar (AI likeness of your friend) driving around your world. Not until you join a free roam session will you see actual people

Hi, my name is Cygnus and let me tell you that I am buying a PS4 for Forza Horizon 2.
No offense buddy, but I think we get it :)

No we don't. We need to know the truth. We need to make informed decisions. The future of the video games industry depends on it.

I just realised that this game doesn't release until the 3rd of October in the UK.....

crying-waterfalls.gif

Sorry if this has been mentioned a million times already but do we have any specifics on the differences between the Xbone and 360 version? FH was one of my favourite games of last generation, but i just can't shell out hundreds of pounds for one game.

I know there is no dynamic weather but apart from that, is there really a completely different map? Can you drive off road? Is it the same car list? Is the single player career mode the same? So many questions!

We don't know how different the maps are, but they are different. The 360 version is said to have twice as much drivable play space as the first Horizon, whereas the Xbox One version is three times as big.

Yes, you can drive off road in both versions.

The car lists are somewhat different, but we don't have the details.

The single player career modes are at least somewhat different, but again, no details. The Xbox 360 version features nearly 500 events, whereas the Xbox One version has more than 700.

Drivatars are only in the Xbox One version. Car Meets as well. Clubs in the Xbox 360 version can have up to 100 members, compared to 1000 members in the Xbox One version. Instant multiplayer is only in the Xbox One version, in the 360 version it's a separate mode, just like in the first game. The Xbox 360 version supports up to 8 players, Xbox One version up to 12.

We don't know how different the maps are, but they are different. The 360 version is said to have twice as much drivable play space as the first Horizon, whereas the Xbox One version is three times as big.

Yes, you can drive off road in both versions.

The car lists are somewhat different, but we don't have the details.

The single player career modes are at least somewhat different, but again, no details. The Xbox 360 version features nearly 500 events, whereas the Xbox One version has more than 700.

Drivatars are only in the Xbox One version. Car Meets as well. Clubs in the Xbox 360 version can have up to 100 members, compared to 1000 members in the Xbox One version. Instant multiplayer is only in the Xbox One version, in the 360 version it's a separate mode, just like in the first game. The Xbox 360 version supports up to 8 players, Xbox One version up to 12.

Perfect, thank you! Something like this should be in the OT for us dirty heathens who only have a 360, but I guess the info is too hazy atm.

p3tran

Banned
looks like I'm late in the |OT| and missed some controversy :)

about metacritic, I dont know guys... many have played the free demo I guess..
if this isn't 90's stuff, then show me a racing game that is.

Must resist.
Must.
Resist.

I do NOT want a Bone, but maaaaaaan, this game is like a siren on the rocks, enticing me towards certain death.

Ten times more appealing to me than any other current-gen game out there.

In the souls of the people the grapes of Ralph are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.
- John Steinbeck

time to go buy yourself an xbone and a wheel
-Petros

Originally Posted by Cygnus

True, not worth 300 squid though.
You saying this ain't worth £300?

au1Auzb.jpg
dude, sygnus is xanadu.
he will never buy the console or the game, will just always be present in all forza threads writing ...his stuff

Dazzyman

I preordered the Deluxe Ed on demand last week and bought a TX steering wheel and wheelstand pro after playing demo on Xbox 1. I cannot wait for this, demo was immense :)

Like the demo but mixed feelings about getting it. Really liked the bombast of the festival in the first game, seems more muted here. Also struggling to get used to the physics again.

Probably end up getting it anyways tho, got lots of converted Xbox Points I have to use before they expire.

A bit of both. For instance seeing achievements isn't simple etc. the UI feels like a mess to me. But overall I like the Xbox One. PS4 is still godlike to me. But why not have both

The first thing I recommend to any XB1 buyer is to pin settings, achievements, and TV (if you intend to use your XB1 for TV).

Those three things should be easily accessible and pinning them makes that so.

p3tran

Banned
Want me to take a picture of my game on the 3rd? ;)

no, I'd simply prefer that would you stop trolling the forza threads.
you've been doing that for years. and now that you somehow got your hands on an obsolete -probably for free- 360, you think this gives you a free troll pass or something?

here is what (of many) you wrote in this topic today:
I didn't love the first Horizon, it was great but I didn't like the setting, Europe is a much better fit for this game. And if I bought an Xbox One it would just be for Forza's once a year, it's not worth it for me. The PS4 on the other hand is looking more plausible. I can play Bloodborne, Gran Turismo 7 and The Last of Us, oh and Driveclub (I guess). I don't get why you guys have a problem with me

so, after trolling all forza threads for ..ummm 5-6 years(?), let us all become stupid and believe how ..genuinely excited you are for the 360 version... after all those years you complaining about those fucking ugly modeled cars in 360 forzas, you got genuinely excited...

..sure! :)

Cygnus

Banned
no, I'd simply prefer that would you stop trolling the forza threads.
you've been doing that for years. and now that you somehow got your hands on an obsolete -probably for free- 360, you think this gives you a free troll pass or something?

here is what (of many) you wrote in this topic today:

so, after trolling all forza threads for ..ummm 5-6 years(?), let us all become stupid and believe how ..genuinely excited you are for the 360 version... after all those years you complaining about those fucking ugly modeled cars in 360 forzas, you got genuinely excited...

..sure! :)
Hehe, I've had a 360 since 2006, I've played Forza since 2005, I've put more hours into Forza 2 than any other game this gen on consoles. If you really want proof of it i can show you my gamertag and stuff but I'm sure I already did that before. I know you want me to be a troll but I'm just not, I'm just a hardcore fan that wants the series to improve and guess what? T10 listened to people like me and improved the car models, well most of them. If no one criticized the games downsides they probably wouldn't improve as much.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm looking to purchase a wheel for the first time ever. I have a couple questions to those who have the TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition.

Do I have to mount it somewhere? I don't have table I can set it on. I'm playing at a computer desk.

And is it a good wheel?

I figured, hell. It's probably the racing game that I've looked forward to the most ever. Might as well grab a wheel for it. Although It's early in the generation, and I don't want to waste my money if it's a bad one.

hlp pls

Get a wheel stand pro if you have no room for a seat rig. You can also mount it to a desk, no problem.

The wheel itself is decent (depending how much you are are paying) but keep the invoice handy...just incase.

Top Bottom